Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,620 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Iran Unveils New Drone With A 24-hour Non-stop Flight Capability - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Unveils New Drone With A 24-hour Non-stop Flight Capability (724 Views)

TVC News - A 24-Hour Pan-African News Channel - Begins Live Transmission / Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone / Iran Builds New Liko Drone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Unveils New Drone With A 24-hour Non-stop Flight Capability by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 27, 2012
In what appears to be a reaction to the recent naval exercise in the region by the US and its allies, Iran's elite revolutionary guards have unveiled an unmanned aerial vehicle, called Shahed-129 (or Witness-129), which is claimed to have a range of up to 2000 kilometres and capable of 24 hour flight.

"The new drone... can carry out combat and reconnaissance missions with its 24-hour non-stop flight capability," reported the website of Iran's state-run English language television, Press TV. "The home-made aircraft is capable of hitting targets at a distance of 1,700-2,000 kilometers... [and] can be equipped with electronic and communication systems including cameras which can capture and send live images," it said.

Iran's semi-official Fars news agency, which is affiliated to the guards, also reported that the forces have successfully test-fired four anti-missiles in the Persian Gulf. Citing a guards' navy commander, Ali Fadavi, Fars said: "The missiles were fired simultaneously at a sea target as large as a warship and sank it in fifty seconds."

News about Iran's new military advances comes as president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said during a visit to the UN general assembly in New York that his country did not take threats of an Israeli military strike seriously.

"We have all the defensive means at our disposal and we are ready to defend ourselves," he added.

[flash=640,580]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x34NrA229N0[/flash]

Great accomplishment should be commended wherever the are found, hence the Iranians have done well for themselves!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/25/iran-new-military-drone-israel?newsfeed=true
http://www.armyrecognition.com/september_2012_new_army_military_defence_industry/iran_unveils_new_drone_shahed_129_with_a_maximum_range_of_2_000_km_that_can_target_israel_2609123.html
Re: Iran Unveils New Drone With A 24-hour Non-stop Flight Capability by baba11(m): 6:21am On Sep 27, 2012
Great iran,when is nigeria's going to b great like this?
Re: Iran Unveils New Drone With A 24-hour Non-stop Flight Capability by codeaddict(m): 7:33am On Sep 27, 2012
sharpening my cutlass, spear(i know it's useless, but man has to try)...gearing for WWIII
Re: Iran Unveils New Drone With A 24-hour Non-stop Flight Capability by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2012
I weep for my country
Re: Iran Unveils New Drone With A 24-hour Non-stop Flight Capability by birdman(m): 8:02am On Oct 01, 2012
Maple: I weep for my country

Are you iranian?

(1) (Reply)

Obama's Answers In Pull Double-duty For Him, Against Mitt Romney / Divide And Rule In Africa / Zimbabwe: Couple Sinks U.S $370 000 In Dream Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.