Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

This can change NIGERIA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This can change NIGERIA (756 Views)

APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari / Igbo And Yoruba Collaboration Can Change Nigeria, If They Bury The Hatchet. / Who Do You Think Is The Right Man That Can Change Nigeria For Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This can change NIGERIA by miredia(m): 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
Sculpting a corrupt-free nigeria isn't as cumbersome as the villa executives have portrayed. The silver bullet to a lasting resolve is having a clear-cut understanding that "leniency is alien to the Nigerian stock". First, i will institutionalise a system that collates all data of every citizen issuing an identification card alongside fingerprinting.This will stiffen the odds of beating the system.I will subsequently set up a "SNITCH" system where any citizen regardless of social status can anonymously lodge even the slightest verifiable corruption Case or any social vice in opposition to the law to my anti-corruption agency with juicy bounties. A 40yrs jail term with no option of fine exclusively for corruption cases will be enshrined starting with my family and acquaintances if ever guilty. Violate any law even as simple as traffic laws you are charged and jailed. Contracts awarded to companies with proven credibility. No more engineering contracts awarded to philosophers. No more mobilization fee, payment is upon thorough inspection by appropriate authorities and independent third parties. Every public office would be made less attractive with an overwhelming cut in salaries and a swift seizure of all financial shenanigans. Allowances and bonuses would be made peanuts. No more official health care visits outside Nigeria,no more official meetings outside Nigeria,no public office holder can have any of his kid in any school outside Nigeria, no more convoys in the excess of two cars. The Nigerian police, army and teachers would experience a shift in salary structure with an increase in junior salaries and top echelon officers within normal pay parameters. And most importantly, that which is close to my heart, an aggresive overhaul of the judicial system. This unit will be under resolute scrutiny. Impunity, immunity and national lackadiasical attitude deep-rooted in the civil service would be vigorously checkmated because not even my mother would be absolved if caught in the web. In summation of my strategy,no single law, not ONE would be violated without appropriating punitive measures.
Re: This can change NIGERIA by Obinnau(m): 11:39pm On Sep 27, 2012
dats how sweet it sounds to the mind but d very day u xperience power it absolutely corrupts. Do u think that those that mismanaged nigeria's resources wished it to be so?
Re: This can change NIGERIA by miredia(m): 12:51am On Sep 28, 2012
Yes, they wished it to be so. Their mismanagement is very deliberate.
Re: This can change NIGERIA by dickhardener: 12:28pm On Mar 07, 2013
You are brilliant mister.

(1) (Reply)

/ My Fears For Nigeria / The Nigeria You Don’t Know @52

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.