Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA (15205 Views)

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges / Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate / SSS Detain El-rufai At MMIA In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Lakayana: 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2012
190: Maybe d arrested dude is related 2 sexkillz undecided
Is sexkillz rich?
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by kenostika(m): 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2012
That is over 1billion naira.I guess the cash belongs to top political guys(looted public fund) hence nothing will happen as usual.Efcc is a big joke presently.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by a1solution: 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2012
Does it mean I don’t have the right to move my cash as I like or what? EFCC I know you are looking for your own share but be careful!
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by kenostika(m): 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2012
Nice one

Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Engineer96(m): 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2012
This arrest brings us to a very important point.
It is this Tijani Abubaka (T J for short) that was sent by Farouk Lawan to collect part of $620k from Otedola.
Do we believe that there are other petroleum dealer(s) that greased Lawan's hand during the public hearing? Is that $620k part of the $7m being smuggled? Are other politicians, apart from Farouk Lawan, using this T J to smuggle money out of the country?
We need to ask questions.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Okijajuju1(m): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2012
Let me state this clearly.. NOBODY!! I repeat!! NOBODY CAN SMUGGLE 7 MILLION DOLLARS THROUGH ANY NIGERIAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT SUCCESSFULLY WITHOUT INSIDER HELP!! So let them expalin the true story well for us jor!
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Okijajuju1(m): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2012
Engineer96: This arrest brings us to a very important point.
It is this Tijani Abubaka (T J for short) that was sent by Farouk Lawan to collect part of $620k from Otedola.
Do we believe that there are other petroleum dealer(s) that greased Lawan's hand during the public hearing? Is that $620k part of the $7m being smuggled? Are other politicians, apart from Farouk Lawan, using this T J to smuggle money out of the country?

I love the way your mind works.. Good observation!!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Pukkah: 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2012
Corruption has become a strong and powerful oak in Nigeria with multi-disciplinary branches and far-reaching implications all over the place.

That is some N1.1billion! There goes, in part, money to repair your roads, improve security, and improve the standard of living of Nigerians. I admit, it's no longer easy to fight the type of corruption we have in Nigeria.

At the young age of 24, this man has already become a courier of billions and an accomplice to the looters of the land. What a sad commentary on the sorry state of affairs. Yet Nigerians complain that they are not globally respected.

I've always said it - there are two ways to smuggle out stolen funds from Nigeria - through bank transfers and carrying of hard currencies. A sincere government that courageously wants to fight should among other things come down hard on Immigrations and the banks.

An aspect of the fight against corruption is to ensure that looted funds, as bad as they are, remain in Nigeria.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2012
Engineer96: This arrest brings us to a very important point.

Best post so far. . . . can someone answer his questions abg.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by billyadam(m): 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2012
If he needs an attorney, i am down to heart with him.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2012
$7m?...geez!, His home state governor cannot be absolved of complicity in d matter.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by tope3x(m): 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2012
i cant believe they are stealing this money, and taking to abroad...for what?
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Lakayana: 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2012
billyadam: If he needs an attorney, i am down to heart with him.
Everyone wants a share of this $7millon. Can i send you my acc number?
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2012
Money Laundering. This is the ill of having too much dollars in the system. The CBN has been proactive in restricting dollars in the hands of BDC. The $7m should be confiscated. FullStop!
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by tellwsdom: 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2012
Peanut undecided
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by igbsam(m): 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2012
Make una see the aboki....

Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 29, 2012
the money go soon enter voicemail
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by jobaskia(m): 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2012
corruption is key . He did not play ball that's why is leaked and bifurcated now. Insider collusion is the main thing there.

We have regulation on movement of currency put in place BTA and PTA which you will declare when boarding.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 29, 2012
greedy eyes are watching and waiting to share the loot,the man may be a bereau de change dealer but the info leaked to the media will be lies,follow the trailof the money in the next month,it will not be found
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Jakumo(m): 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2012
Those 7 million greenbacks must be surrendered into safe custody, preferably with me, while the IMMEDIATE AND REMOTE causes of the siezure are investigated, analyzed and critiqued by several successive Panels of Experts, all chaired buy me, preferably.

Upon the issuance of the White Paper by the last of the Panels of Experts, further Panels of Enquiry will be constituted under my able chairmanship, for the purpose of examining the morality, practicality and geo-political ramifications of actually returning that cash no later than the year 2032.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Flameboy26(m): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2012
Hand work of ANEBI MoHAmmed
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by sirp2007: 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2012
He beat all security at d airport wth this bulk cash? Abeg somebody should tell me something else.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by abifoluwa: 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2012
No pic? why dont nigerian journalists take pic of events?
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Akwenukemarho(m): 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2012
This whole story is very annoying, is this guy foolish?
He no fit carry bearer bonds, then later change am to cash or something when he gets to where he's going, this guy fail big time. Smh,
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by ujukala: 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2012
He should face the law. Period.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2012
Jeez!that's over a billion naira..when we have millions of people living below a dollar a day..*praying* all those milking Nigeria,die in jesus name..die!die!!die!!!die!!!!die!!!!!*panting seriously**die!die!!!die!!!
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by browncool(m): 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2012
This is the guy and the money at the airport when he was offloaded

Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by badaru1(m): 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2012
There must be conspiracy some where,the bureau de change guys move cash regularly through mm airport. Am at loss why this is just the arrest they have made. Sometime either early this year or late last year,some thieves carted away about $2m at the mm international airport from a bureau de change guy,while trying to move the cash through emirates air to dubai. This is done daily
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2012
ujukala: He should face the law. Period.
there is no law in nigeria in case you havent noticed,loot will just change hands from one "thief"?to another
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by apari001: 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
OMG 1106000000 NAIRA ONLY. Where 24yrs old guy see am ?
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by Lakayana: 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2012
igbsam: Make una see the aboki....
This aboki clean and fine oh.
Re: EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA by ifeci: 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2012
a1solution: Does it mean I don’t have the right to move my cash as I like or what? EFCC I know you are looking for your own share but be careful!

just shut up if u dnt understand how the system works!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking Before And After Transformation Of Nnamdi Kanu In Prison [PICS] / Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust / Segun Awosanya "Sega", #ENDSARS Originator Wins AFZ 2017 Person Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.