Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Help With Eba Making O - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help With Eba Making O (6826 Views)

Eba Eating Food Competition ( OMG!!! See Swallow) / (PHOTO) Introducing New Recipe- GREEN EBA A.k.a 'ebbage'. / Why Is The Last Ball Of Eba/fufu Hard To Swallow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Eba Making O by tjskii(f): 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2012
I know eba is supposedly the easiest thing to prepare,but I can't for d life of me make nice eba,either it has lumps or clumps of raw garri is visible evrywher,I can make amala,semo,pounded yam,even yellow garri(d ibo type)but ijebu,egba or any white garri stil gives me stress,abeg anybody with tips on how to make soft fluffy eba,wud be highly appreciated kiss

1st pic is d sorry state of my eba making skills
2nd pic is wat I wish my skills were

1 Like

Re: Help With Eba Making O by MissyB3(f): 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2012
The quality of your eba very much depends on the garri. Plus, remember, not too much water at once, and only use water that came to a boil.

I haven't made eba in almost 5 years, I'm suddenly craving to make and devour some cheesy
Re: Help With Eba Making O by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 29, 2012
@OP -
It's kinda easy, just make sure the water is well boiled, then pour it into the bowl you intend to use in preparing the 'eba'. Thereafter sprinkle your garri on the surface of the boiled water until it gets to the water level.

Leave the garri to soak for about 2min before turning.

With the above method their won't be any trace of lumps nor visible clumps of raw garri in your 'eba' smiley

And don't forget to invite me when you have it done. **Wink**
Re: Help With Eba Making O by nikkyshyne(f): 12:02am On Sep 30, 2012
@ 2nd picture, is that swiss roll or what?? shocked

In addition to Kunletiwoo's, continuously turn Eba on low heat. Add more hot water if strong. This makes it soft and fluffy.

Although, I don't really like Eba. undecided
Re: Help With Eba Making O by kaycee5(m): 7:03am On Sep 30, 2012
yeah nikky just end it all coz dat really really make's it flufy... @tjskii thanks the post i gaz chop eba dis morning with ila alasepo alongside ugu &tinz... Coz it's a little rainy around lagos...
Re: Help With Eba Making O by tjskii(f): 8:29am On Sep 30, 2012
nikkyshyne: @ 2nd picture, is that swiss roll or what?? shocked

Swiss roll,for wia,its eba o,a frend of mine said she made it but used a rolling pin to get d effect undecided

kaycee#1:
yeah nikky just end it all coz dat really really make's it flufy... @tjskii thanks the post i gaz chop eba dis morning with ila alasepo alongside ugu &tinz... Coz it's a little rainy around lagos...
No go dey sleep for church oo cheesy
Re: Help With Eba Making O by tjskii(f): 9:03am On Sep 30, 2012
kunletiwoo: @OP -
It's kinda easy, just make sure the water is well boiled, then pour it into the bowl you intend to use in preparing the 'eba'. Thereafter sprinkle your garri on the surface of the boiled water until it gets to the water level.

Leave the garri to soak for about 2min before turning.

With the above method their won't be any trace of lumps nor visible clumps of raw garri in your 'eba' smiley

And don't forget to invite me when you have it done. **Wink**

Thanks o,I go try dt method,cos I dnt leav d garri to soak,I just pour til it covers d water,lemme see ow ur mthd turns out kiss
Re: Help With Eba Making O by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 30, 2012
The second picture is making me really really hungry; never knew garri could have that much 'swag'.

2 Likes

Re: Help With Eba Making O by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 30, 2012
tjskii:

Thanks o,I go try dt method,cos I dnt leav d garri to soak,I just pour til it covers d water,lemme see ow ur mthd turns out kiss
Trust me it's gonna be fine and u'll like it. smiley
Re: Help With Eba Making O by Garrilord: 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2012
Just make sure you use boiling water,not hot... Pour the water inside the rubber or whatever it is you are using to make the eba.... Then pour the garri in the water,and let it come above the water just a little,then pour the water on the garri surface to cover the white garri that rose above the water level.. You can also add little water again,so that it can penetrate the pores of the garri to avoid that whitsh look.. Cover the garri and leave it for some minutes.... Then use your turning stick to do the remainin job.
Re: Help With Eba Making O by tjskii(f): 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2012
Hmmmm bros u be pro o,me likey cheesy, I see ure nt called garri lord for nothing tongue
Re: Help With Eba Making O by odohemma(m): 6:03pm On Sep 30, 2012
Garri~lord:
Just make sure you use boiling water,not hot... Pour the water inside the rubber or whatever it is you are using to make the eba.... Then pour the garri in the water,and let it come above the water just a little,then pour the water on the garri surface to cover the white garri that rose above the water level.. You can also add little water again,so that it can penetrate the pores of the garri to avoid that whitsh look.. Cover the garri and leave it for some minutes.... Then use your turning stick to do the remainin job.
Lol. Which one be 'pores of the garri'..? Abi na skin of human being.
Re: Help With Eba Making O by Garrilord: 7:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
tjskii: Hmmmm bros u be pro o,me likey cheesy, I see ure nt called garri lord for nothing tongue
Yes ooh.. For garri matters i be baba...
Re: Help With Eba Making O by Garrilord: 7:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
odohemma:
Lol. Which one be 'pores of the garri'..? Abi na skin of human being.
Hahaha... No mind me jooor.. Na dose small small hole for the garri i dey refer to...
Re: Help With Eba Making O by tjskii(f): 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
See u guys I tried to make d eba lik u taught me,but it didn't work o,infact d tin brought a new dimension with it,wen i was sprinklin d garri on d water,i now saw dat d garri didn't sink to d bottom as it usualy does,dis time d garri was standin on top of d water,meaning dat I had som garri at d bottom of d bowl,water in d middle and den floatin garri ontop.
Re: Help With Eba Making O by tjskii(f): 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2012
I managed to somehow sha turn it,but d result wasn't aesthetically pleasing at all and it was very soft,had to make amala to salvage d situation,cos no way was I goin to serve my hubby d hotmess I made

Re: Help With Eba Making O by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2012
One of the factors that determine the texture of eba is the texture, moisture content at frying and % starch of garri.
Re: Help With Eba Making O by masterpiecer(m): 7:24am On Oct 22, 2012
engrfcuksmtin: One of the factors that determine the texture of eba is the texture, moisture content at frying and % starch of garri.

Correct.
If the garri is very starchy, then donot let the water get very very hot, different methods for different textures of garri, smetimes its better to do a lil test with a handful of garri to know the best method(as in tempature of water, quantity of water added and stirring method) to use for that particular texture of garri.
Re: Help With Eba Making O by masterpiecer(m): 7:30am On Oct 22, 2012
tjskii: I managed to somehow sha turn it,but d result wasn't aesthetically pleasing at all and it was very soft,had to make amala to salvage d situation,cos no way was I goin to serve my hubby d hotmess I made

From ur pix, it shows dat u use a deep bowl in making ur eba, when next, use an average depth bowl(like half the depth of the one in ur pix) so that u can stir the eba evenly and generously, i think that will make the lumps melt and the grains of the garri smooth.
Re: Help With Eba Making O by monalicious(f): 9:47am On Oct 22, 2012
tjskii: See u guys I tried to make d eba lik u taught me,but it didn't work o,infact d tin brought a new dimension with it,wen i was sprinklin d garri on d water,i now saw dat d garri didn't sink to d bottom as it usualy does,dis time d garri was standin on top of d water,meaning dat I had som garri at d bottom of d bowl,water in d middle and den floatin garri ontop.
The water was too hot for d garri,usually,white garri pulls dis stunt.wen I want to make eba with whit garri,what I do,is to add very little water @ room temperature,to the already boiled water,before I start adding the garri to it.try dis.cover for sometime,b4 turning.
Re: Help With Eba Making O by tjskii(f): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
I'm confused o,r u saying I shud let d water cool off befor pouring in d garri,ow will it now cook,if I do dat undecided
Re: Help With Eba Making O by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
tjskii: I'm confused o,r u saying I shud let d water cool off befor pouring in d garri,ow will it now cook,if I do dat undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhLj3G2EjLA

Watch this video of how to make eba and you will be glad you did because your garri making skills will improve and your eba will also be soft and smooth.
Re: Help With Eba Making O by sonety2k(m): 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2012
cool
Re: Help With Eba Making O by CrazyMan(m): 6:53am On Dec 21, 2012
@tjskill

Garri is very easy to make...into a boiling pot of water, add salt, then your garri...you can put maggi if you want, but be sure to add some curry.

Stir vigorously and close the pot for about 10-15 minutes.

Open and taste your garri, ensure that its very thick before you bring it down.

Serve with chilled juice.

Good luck! cheesy
Re: Help With Eba Making O by tpia5: 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2012
You need someone to watch you make the eba and also, it can depend on the type of garri.
Re: Help With Eba Making O by babyme1(f): 10:04am On Dec 23, 2012
Don't use boiling water, allow the water to cool off a bit before adding the garri.

1 Like

Re: Help With Eba Making O by OCTAVO: 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2012
baby.me:
Don't use boiling water, allow the water to cool off a bit before adding the garri.
Yeah! This is the solution @ OP.
Wish you happy eba making.
Re: Help With Eba Making O by tjskii(f): 3:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
Yea,that solution actually seemed to work,thanks a bunch kiss

(1) (Reply)

Do Women Even Cook Anymore / Rice Cooker,Deep Fryer And 2Big Size Pots. Reduced Price 5K,8K and 10K..SOLD / Mouth Watering Jollof Rice + Seafood In Easy Steps ;)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.