Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. (26345 Views)

Jigawa PDP Membership Registration Rally (Pictures) / National Association Of Seadogs Petitions Inspector General Of Police / Igbo APC Lagos Rally. PICTURES... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Clerverly: 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2012
National Association of Seadogs(Pyrate Confraternity) today held a protest march against the ceding of Bakasi to Cameroun. In a march which took them from Maryland to LTV and Mitv Agindigbi Ikeja witnessed a large turn up by members of the group.
Some of the placards read, SAVE BAKASSI, THEIR LAND IS THEIR RIGHT, 11 DAYS TO GO, SAVE BAKASSI BEFORE PACT etc. This seems a good move by the group but will federal govt listen?

2 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2012
I dont understand this ppl o.

Why some ppl wanna get outta naija, they wanna come back.

I understand if their motive is to secede from Cam, but to want to come bck to naija. . . .

2 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Clerverly: 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I understand if their motive is to secede from Cam, but to want to come bck to naija. . . .
They are Nigerians whose land is on the verge of being taken over by Cameroun due the carelessness of our leaders.
Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Clerverly: 11:17pm On Sep 29, 2012
Bakassi Map and the people

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Clerverly: 11:31pm On Sep 29, 2012
[b]The National Association of Seadogs (NAS) aka Pyrates Confraternity wishes to express its strong displeasure over the federal government’s inability to appeal against the judgment of the International Court of Justice, (ICJ) on 10 October 2002, which ceded the oil-rich Bakassi Peninsula to the Republic of Cameroon.

Under the international charter, there is a window for appeal against any judgment by the affected country within ten years from the date the judgment is delivered if there are fresh facts which were not available as at the time judgment was entered into.

It is unacceptable that the government of Nigeria under President Olusegun Obasanjo had after the ICJ ruling willingly surrendered the sovereignty of the country to the Cameroon and had entered into a Green Tree Agreement in 12 June 2006, to abide by the decision of the country.

The Government of Nigeria cannot, and should not, remain inured to the pains of the Bakassi people. On the strength of the foregoing premise, the National Association of Seadogs urgently demands the following from the respective tiers of Government as appropriate:

1. The Attorney General of the Federation should lodge an appeal with the International Court of Justice at the Hague, Netherlands well within the statute of limitation of the exercise of this right and with the sole aim of restoring the Bakassi Peninsula to the Status Quo ante prior to the said judgement ceding jurisdiction to Cameroon.
2 Full provision of accommodation to the displaced people of Bakassi in the New Bakassi and adjoining areas and communities. Funds should immediately be released and duly monitored by all relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient utilisation in meeting the earlier planned number of buildings for the returnees.
3 The Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs should as a matter of urgency hand-over the recently constructed 2-bedroom apartments at Ekpri Obutong to formally and duly documented returnees as part of efforts towards ameliorating their chaotic accommodation difficulties.
4 .Immediate resolution of all issues pertaining to compensation for acquired land to the owners of the areas carved out of Akpabuyo Local Government Area for the Bakassi returnees in order to enhance the integration of the people into their new abode.
Immediate legislation and enactments by the National Assembly on the disputes regarding ward delineation between INEC, the Cross River State Government and the Cross River State House of Assembly.
5:The immediate completion of the Skills acquisition Centre at Ikot Nakanda in Akpabuyo Local Government Area being handled by the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs in order to offer skills to the displaced youths in tandem with youths of the Niger Delta region.
6 .A robust engagement with the government of Cameroun on the reports of maltreatment of Nigerians still living and engaged in businesses in the peninsular in order to avert a breakdown of law and order.
7. Firm monitoring and implementation of the terms of the Green Tree Agreement by all international parties involved in the process.
8. A firm resolve that never in the history of this country will one inch of our territory be ceded for any reason whatsoever.
Take action today to SAVE BAKASSI[/b]
Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by nduchucks: 12:20am On Sep 30, 2012
Insha Allah, once our people take control of power in Nigeria, we will forcibly retake Bakassi. The resulting war with Cameroon may be what Nigerians needs to become nationalists and patriots.

Moda F the foreign bodies who ruled against Nigeria and may OBJ and his cohorts pay dearly for giving these people away.

3 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Clerverly: 12:34am On Sep 30, 2012
ndu_chucks: Insha Allah, once our people take control of power in Nigeria, we will forcibly retake Bakassi. The resulting war with Cameroon may be what Nigerians needs to become nationalists and patriots.

Moda F the foreign bodies who ruled against Nigeria and may OBJ and his cohorts pay dearly for giving these people away.
Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by seadog1: 12:57am On Sep 30, 2012
ndu_chucks: Insha Allah, once our people take control of power in Nigeria, we will forcibly retake Bakassi. The resulting war with Cameroon may be what Nigerians needs to become nationalists and patriots.

This is why I like abokis

2 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Nobody: 1:31am On Sep 30, 2012
Lol fight cameroun! How else will you get the land from them! Nobody shld ever think about fighting cameroun not only that the world will see how devil nigeria is but for the fact no one gonna support you! We know nigeria dont abide by law but this is international law we re talking about! Beware ndu chuk!
Again ppl of bakasi should start planning a better future than what they doing today! There is no difference btwn nig & cameroun. Same black africa, same third world country,yes nigeria maybe richer as well as nigeria have more poor ppl than them! Assuming you aint from w.africa . Bakassi ppl even look more like camerounian than nigerian grin

1 Like

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Clerverly: 6:58am On Sep 30, 2012
Toaskarity: Lol fight cameroun! How else will you get the land from them! Nobody shld ever think about fighting cameroun not only that the world will see how devil nigeria is but for the fact no one gonna support you! We know nigeria dont abide by law but this is international law we re talking about! Beware ndu chuk!
Again ppl of bakasi should start planning a better future than what they doing today! There is no difference btwn nig & cameroun. Same black africa, same third world country,yes nigeria maybe richer as well as nigeria have more poor ppl than them! Assuming you aint from w.africa . Bakassi ppl even look more like camerounian than nigerian grin
Honestly i dont understand your point here undecided

4 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by homerac7: 7:17am On Sep 30, 2012
ndu_chucks: Insha Allah, once [size=34pt]our[/size] people take control of power in Nigeria, [size=34pt]we[/size] will forcibly retake Bakassi. The resulting war with Cameroon may be what Nigerians needs to become nationalists and patriots.

What nonsense r ds? ds sort of stupeed mindset led ds nation down ds dark alley of pandemonium n u r still nursing it in Q3 2012? shame on u man, dts grossly foolish of u sir and ur post shows high sense of irresponsibility. u r an anti-thesis to every good man and woman working painfully and yet, tirelessly towards building a our society of better and free future. ur reasoning as displayed here sits in same type wt Boko Haram. May ur wishes fail by d powers of The Most High. may ideeots wt ur kind of thinking fail by any means to reach positions of influence in any corner of ds nation. and above all, may the best man/woman for d job rule ds land irrespective of tribe, tongue, language, religion and creed.

4 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by nduchucks: 7:44am On Sep 30, 2012
homerac7:

What nonsense r ds? ds sort of stupeed mindset led ds nation down ds dark alley of pandemonium n u r still nursing it in Q3 2012? shame on u man, dts grossly foolish of u sir and ur post shows high sense of irresponsibility. u r an anti-thesis to every good man and woman working painfully and yet, tirelessly towards building a our society of better and free future. ur reasoning as displayed here sits in same type wt Boko Haram. May ur wishes fail by d powers of The Most High. may ideeots wt ur kind of thinking fail by any means to reach positions of influence in any corner of ds nation. and above all, may the best man/woman for d job rule ds land irrespective of tribe, tongue, language, religion and creed.

You spent enough time writing your gibberish than you would have, expressing your views more succinctly. Please rephrase your thoughts so that we can respond appropriately. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by homerac7: 8:11am On Sep 30, 2012
^

oga sir, pls leave d facade, ur bold-face gra-gra is useless here. wht is demanded of u is simple and humble maturity to show remorse for dt costly "slip" u made in ur post. pls dont claim it as a joke, otherwise dt wld make u look worse dn it already is. but since u want me to spell it to u even at face of obvious as i made it in my earlier post, i shall do dt just to make u see dt my reason is objective and nothn more sir.

ok, here we go; whats ur meaning of "...once our people take control of power in Nigeria..."?
Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by nduchucks: 8:21am On Sep 30, 2012
homerac7: ^

oga sir, pls leave d facade, ur bold-face gra-gra is useless here. wht is demanded of u is simple and humble maturity to show remorse for dt costly "slip" u made in ur post. pls dont claim it as a joke, otherwise dt wld make u look worse dn it already is. but since u want me to spell it to u even at face of obvious as i made it in my earlier post, i shall do dt just to make u see dt my reason is objective and nothn more sir.

ok, here we go; whats ur meaning of "...once our people take control of power in Nigeria..."?

Our people are certainly not the PDP. One would have thought you understood that, but you may have some prejudices which did not allow you to see what was obvious. One would also hope that you are not hiding your illiteracy and being a dullard, behind the silly abbreviations contained in your posts.
Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Clerverly: 8:36am On Sep 30, 2012
Nas Cap'n and some seadogs.

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Clerverly: 8:39am On Sep 30, 2012
More pix.

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Clerverly: 8:42am On Sep 30, 2012
More...
Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by SkyBlue1: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2012

If war is the only thing that can unify this nation in patriotism then it doesn't deserve to stand, and even the very notion is truly disturbing. This is not a movie, it is real life. Would you even be prepared to fight in this war you propose and risk your own life? After the war and many of your fellow country men are dead then what, or are you hoping the death won't affect 'your people'?

Indeed the truly revealing part of your post is in the very first sentence. Ironically, it shows the very division you would want to gloss over with the distraction of war which you hope would induce FALSE patriotism and sense of nationhood. There are some things worth dying for, and I don't rank Nigeria's overbloated ego as one of them. Because let's not deceive ourselves, this gra gra is not out of some deep concern for the people of Bakassi who ironically, after any possible assimilation, would be deemed grossly audacious if any one of their sons ever decided to vie for the presidency. So who are we deceiving here?

3 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by ololo12: 8:45am On Sep 30, 2012
AHOY SEADOG!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Clerverly: 8:46am On Sep 30, 2012
more.

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by homerac7: 8:48am On Sep 30, 2012
@ndu chuks

its very stupeed of u to think u can hoodwink me wt first, ur earlier attempt to feign "what-have-i-done?" and now ur weak attempt to blame it on PDP when ur antecedents are well known on ds forum to be an Arewa crusader. honestly, there is absolutely nothn wrong in being dt both morally and any other way, but it is highly idiotic and irresponsible to make such statement u made against such known leanings of urs vis-a-vis well known political doctrines of ur band. d one who is prejudiced, dullard, syuupid (silly), illiterate (whatever dt means to u), and without understanding here is YOU, ndu chuks! u wr caught red handed and resorted to playn fooolish and childish gymnastics tryn to blame it on PDP, i'm sure dt next excuse is GEJ, ba? u think ur gra-gra + name calln will help u twist out of this? u r sounding more ridiculous, honestly

4 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by hardbody: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Is it that you do not read, or when you read you not comprehend, or you are just non chalant or arrogant about the basic plights of those people of bakassi? Should they not exercise a deliberate right not to be part of Nigeria anymore?, should they be yanked off just because they find themselves where they are and some heads of state traded their sovereignty as part of a Nigerian state to a certain Cameroun that does not even recognize them save for the oil, the subject matter of this barter? Aunty, use your head abeg

3 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 30, 2012
can somebody pls tell this attention seekers to head to the National assembly and Aso rock.

what are they thinking going to Ltv and Mitv, mtschew
Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by j2012(m): 8:56am On Sep 30, 2012
Cultists!

7 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by emsquare(m): 8:57am On Sep 30, 2012
Hmmmm!
Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by impetus: 8:59am On Sep 30, 2012
Awomen for the Ahoys, I Eco for them. This is a nice move by NAS and they should be commended for it. Our government needs to wake up from their slumber if not the whole Naija might be ceded to another country.
Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by homerac7: 9:00am On Sep 30, 2012
@ Cleverly,

can u pls take a break wt d pix so dt we can have a smooth discussion thread to take care of dis vermin called ndu chuks and make a statement to his ilks dt d nation many good men and women r trying to salvage and leave for our children is not for tribal oligarchs and savages like theirs. ds rat has been made out so he has to b dealt wt appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Clerverly: 9:07am On Sep 30, 2012
aguiyi: can somebody pls tell this attention seekers to head to the National assembly and Aso rock.

what are they thinking going to Ltv and Mitv, mtschew
They are not attention seekers. The last time i checked, it was still within their right to demonstrate against any development they felt concerned about. About The National Assembly, mind you, this was held simutaneuosly across the country. Those in Abuja must have taken their march to the Assembly.
Please next time, try as you can to be civil in your choice of words.

1 Like

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by Clerverly: 9:09am On Sep 30, 2012
j2012: Cultists!
And you are what.....Religious bigot!
Go get a life.

2 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by vizion: 9:17am On Sep 30, 2012
where were all this people when the court case was going on

no protest then, it was as if the Bakassi did not belong to Nigerians, they sat back and expected the land to jump into their laps, if this protest had been carried out and maintained during the legal battle at the hague, it MAY/ MAY NOT have been beneficial to their cause. but that was the right time to carry out these useless protest, not now.

1 Like

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by valicious1(m): 9:17am On Sep 30, 2012
AHOYs, I love those guys. I don't regret being a seaLORD though.

4 Likes

Re: Seadogs Holds Save Bakassi Rally. Pictures. by juman(m): 9:17am On Sep 30, 2012
Good move.

Bakassi is nigeria's land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Supreme Court Judgement: Stop Deceiving Nigerians Chris Uba Tells Brother / Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) / Buhari, APC Delegation Parley In London – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.