Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

What Is Your Take On Infant Baptism? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Take On Infant Baptism? (740 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Christians- Baptism By Immersion Or Infant Baptism / Why Infant Baptism Should Stop! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Take On Infant Baptism? by wakes: 11:27am On Sep 30, 2012
Some denominations baptize infants stating reasons that Abraham received instructions to circumcise children, a type of baptism. But what is your take?
Re: What Is Your Take On Infant Baptism? by Ptolomeus(m): 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2012
Baptism is the act of condemning a defenseless creature (usually a child), to load all his life with a decision that is not theirs.
Do not confuse the act of circumcision (Abraham) with bautism.
Circumcision is restricted to Jews.
Baptism existed in times of Jesus (John the Baptist) and was later adopted by the Catholic Church.
Pentecostals reflect this cult of Catholicism (like many others).
Many Pentecostal churches perform baptisms in swimming pools, but the only valid baptism
is in river water or sea.
My respects

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Infant Baptism? by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 01, 2012
[/quote] but the only valid baptism
is in river water or sea[quote]

Can you please substantiate this assertion and why did you refer to cathplicism as a cult?
Re: What Is Your Take On Infant Baptism? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
chukwudi44: but the only valid baptism
is in river water or sea

Can you please substantiate this assertion and why did you refer to cathplicism as a cult?
cult have many meanings, among them good meaning. I can say all religions are cults.
Re: What Is Your Take On Infant Baptism? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2012
chukwudi44: but the only valid baptism
is in river water or sea

1. I'm Pentecostal, so I should not explain why baptism should be done in river water or sea. Only assert that the baptism performed with water "from the tap", chlorinated, is an invention. That there is nothing sacred.

2. Catholicism emerges from an original religion, which is the Jewish religion. Any religious group that deviates from its original root, is considered a sect. In fact, each group Pentecostal (Christian) are also sects that broke away from Catholicism.
There is nothing offensive about the word "sect"

My respects.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Question For D Religious / Biblical Israelites Were Blacks - Stunning Video / What Will U Do? If The Pastor Of Ur Church Is Caught In An Atrocity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.