Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,358 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Obasanjo, Is He The Worst Thing That Could Have Happened To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Is He The Worst Thing That Could Have Happened To Nigeria (809 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Obasanjo Is A Good Farmer But A Bad Economist - Sanusi / Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo, Is He The Worst Thing That Could Have Happened To Nigeria by denuda: 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2008
everyday in d papars there is one scandal about obj,yesterday he was sleeping with his daughter in law,today he waived 60 billion naira in tax for his friends and croonies,is the president of nigeria bound to fail or is it dat we have just be unlucky to have muppets for leaders.
nairalanders, respond
Could nigeria have actually done better with another leader,maybe ekwueme or somebody,or perhaps are our expectations of our leaders too high
Re: Obasanjo, Is He The Worst Thing That Could Have Happened To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2008
I think it is too early to tell but with time, all will be exposed and we will be able to understand who the man really is.
Re: Obasanjo, Is He The Worst Thing That Could Have Happened To Nigeria by tufe(m): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2008
i agree with the post
Re: Obasanjo, Is He The Worst Thing That Could Have Happened To Nigeria by ono(m): 7:54pm On Jan 17, 2008
I also read that he awarded a contract worth $570 million to his cronies and associates today. Going by the several stories hitting the headlines, stories that will make you weep for this country, I guess he's one of the worst things that has happened to us as a nation.
Re: Obasanjo, Is He The Worst Thing That Could Have Happened To Nigeria by sagitarius(m): 8:04pm On Jan 17, 2008
I concure,He's d worst person 2 ever rule dis country. (my opinion)
Re: Obasanjo, Is He The Worst Thing That Could Have Happened To Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 8:11pm On Jan 17, 2008
Supported he is the worst cos he had the most opportunity, made the most money and returned far less.
Re: Obasanjo, Is He The Worst Thing That Could Have Happened To Nigeria by hotfunmi(f): 8:29pm On Jan 17, 2008
Why are Nigerians complaining about Obasanjo when they'll be the first to zone presidency instead of supporting the right person regardless of tribe. My own is that even if it's Thambo Mbeki that can fix that nation with the fear of God, let him do. Our mentality is far behind thats why I blame the likes of Azikiwe that went and asked for independence prematurely. How do you vote for a man that wasted billions on festac when Nigeria was underdeveloped in agriculture, technology and education? We voted for the Egba man to dabaru the country and tell me who lost now? we and we except those of us here that gaineed one selfish thing or another from his govt.

On the good side, Obasanjo brought some sanity in Nigerian economic sector anyway. The decadence in Nigeria cannot be cleaned in 30 yrs and I don't think anybody can do it alone unless there is a concerted effort by all and sundry. Our banks are safre now, thanks to obasanjo, our naira maintained some stability over the dollar, thanks to obasanjo but poverty? from his own egabland to the boarders of maiduguri, poverty prevails.
Re: Obasanjo, Is He The Worst Thing That Could Have Happened To Nigeria by Americasman(m): 11:42pm On Jan 18, 2008
Leave Obasanjo alone! He came and has gone. You wouldnt have done fairer than him. Keep your critism to yourself.
Re: Obasanjo, Is He The Worst Thing That Could Have Happened To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ americas man, yep feel ur opinion, baba has tried. some bad things jus had to happen.

(1) (Reply)

Am Tired / The Emperor Of Lagos Story Part Two - How It Continued / Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.