Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,854 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago (13920 Views)

UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight / UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by ouagadougou(m): 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2012
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by 46arcadez(m): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
Claiming or being a gay just 4 uk visa? 4k d damn visa
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by xzit(m): 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2012
This is really sad! To have a Nigerian pose as a homosexual, or worse even become one just to escape deportation back to his home country! Yea, Nigeria is economically depressing, but to jettison all moral standards just for the price of 'greener pastures' which BTW isn't a given is just wrong on many levels!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by rhymz(m): 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
Pile of Crap!
How can they say he will die if he is deported to Nigeria, how na!!
Like seriously, how many Nigerians have been killed or jailed for being gay?
Lets be clear here, nobody gives a 4ck what anyone does in the privacy of their room. Na when you wan begin display such nonsense in public that it becomes a problem with the law. Nigeria or Nigerians do not kill homosexuals, you might be harrased by overzealous homophobes but being killed??!! That's a stretch, I am yet to read any report of a homosexual being killed in any part of Nigeria. The west should stop this nonsense antics of giving a dog a bad name just to hang it.
His defence attorneys should stop using that miserable line of argument just so he can get off the hook. No such thing happens in Nigeria, Naija may not tolerate homosexual behaviour, we don't kill them either.
And these stupid journalists should stop misquoting the laws, last I checked, Naija still operates the old Sodomy laws set up by the british colonialists not the suggested 14years pending at the National Assembly that is yet to be passed or get any serious attention again since the last time.
If homeboy is not gay but is claiming to be one just to get gay asylum, good luck to his 4cking quest but he and his lawyers should stop peddling lies and outright exaggerations to make it seem like sending him to Naija is synonymous with handing him a death sentence.

1 Like

Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by portbellohermit(m): 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
who cares about batti boy. with beautiful ladies around ,he goes around with one stupid sexual orientation. who cares if he gets rimmed,in as much as he keeps his pervert ideas in jock. he is safe in naija. abeg change topic
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by justwise(m): 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
rhymz: Pile of Crap!
Lets be clear here, nobody gives a 4ck what anyone does in the privacy of their room. Na when you wan begin display such nonsense in public that it becomes a problem with the law. Nigeria or Nigerians do not kill homosexuals, you might be harrased by overzealous homophobes but being killed??!! That's a stretch, [b]I am yet to read any report of a homosexual being killed in any part of Nigeria. [/b]The west should stop this nonsense antics of giving a dog a bad name just to hang it.
His defence attorneys should stop using that miserable line of argument just so he can get off the hook. No such thing happens in Nigeria, Naija may not tolerate homosexual behaviour, we don't kill them either.
And these stupid journalists should stop misquoting the laws, last I checked, Naija still operates the old Sodomy laws set up by the british colonialists not the suggested 14years pending at the National Assembly that is yet to be passed or get any serious attention again since the last time.
If homeboy is not gay but is claiming to be one just to get gay asylum, good luck to his 4cking quest but he and his lawyers should stop peddling lies and outright exaggerations to make it seem like sending him to Naija is synonymous with handing him a death sentence.

https://www.nairaland.com/1010761/gay-man-killed-mob-island
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by Adanyebe(m): 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2012
berem: Abeg na wetin be GAY? cry
anoda name for surgeons who specializes in making ur anus feel cool

2 Likes

Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by rhymz(m): 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
justwise:

https://www.nairaland.com/1010761/gay-man-killed-mob-island
that story looks like some concocted BS from Hint Magazine and its likes.
Again, I am yet to read any formal report from any reputable news outlet where it is reported that homosexuals were jailed or killed in Nigeria just on the suspicion that they were gay. Reports like this one wreaks of mediocre fairy tale concocted BS.
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by justwise(m): 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
rhymz:
that story looks like some concocted BS from Hint Magazine and its likes.
Again, I am yet to read any formal report from any reputable news outlet where it is reported that homosexuals were jailed or killed in Nigeria just on the suspicion that they were gay. Reports like this one wreaks of mediocre fairy tale concocted BS.

Indeed, what reputable Nigerian newspaper are you talking about?
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by rhymz(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2012
justwise:

Indeed, what reputable Nigerian newspaper are you talking about?
is that supposed to be a rhetorical question?
Your story did not even have any link to it, any gay apologist could have written the story and posted it on a blogsite to be copied as news on other forums like Nairaland and facebook.
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by Donlouise(m): 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
justwise: grin grin grin attempt foiled!!! so after leaving illegally for yrs and working with fake ID he was arrested then he claimed to be Gay? grin grin grin
. My broda any way na way grin
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by buchibabe: 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
Lol. Smart guy. D man no be any gay joor. He just cooked up anexcuse dat he tot d uk guys would believe easily. By d way how may gays dem don arrange for firing squad?
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by sessydoo(m): 7:24pm On Oct 04, 2012
Adanyebe: anoda name for surgeons who specializes in making ur anus feel cool

And the resultant effect may leave the victim using adult pampers for the rest of his life...i no fit laff abeg ooo
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by clomn(m): 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
LET HIM GO Bleep A HORSE FOOL.
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by Sagamite(m): 8:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
Deport his arsse if he is falsely claiming gay. Keep his arsse in the UK if he is genuinely gay.
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by soicyboi1(m): 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
46arcadez: Claiming or being a gay just 4 uk visa? 4k d damn visa
SHARAP!!......YOU'D DEEP-THROAT A NIGGUH IF YOU WERE GIVEN THE OFFER.......keeping it ICY....
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by emalekuo(m): 8:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
OilSubsidy: I wonder. Can most Nigerian men say NO to been 'yanshed' by a gay-man in exchange for 1M dollars??
did I just hear 1m dollars Habaa I know people doing it for 25 to 30k per session.
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by crisycent: 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
This guy is stupid.....he's not gay!! all he wanted was "paper" to stay n the uk....eh ya!! since you have claimed to be gay, when you are eventually deported in 4 days time, the police will be waiting for you at the airport because it is a crime in nigeria...14 years oooo!!!
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by NosaHenry(m): 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
See sharp man, Gay kor gay ni
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by mrdrizzy(m): 1:23am On Oct 05, 2012
Lets be clear here, nobody gives a 4ck what anyone does in the privacy of their room. Na when you wan begin display such nonsense in public that it becomes a problem with the law. Nigeria or Nigerians do not kill homosexuals, you might be harrased by overzealous homophobes but being killed??!! That's a stretch, I am yet to read any report of a homosexual being killed in any part of Nigeria. The west should stop this nonsense antics of giving a dog a bad name just to hang it.
i just hope u aint one,bt if u wonna knw wheather they do kill go to adamawa nd shout "i am gay" ded u will knw if they kill
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by Sagamite(m): 1:41am On Oct 05, 2012

Well said jor!

It is when they stop making it private that they normally get attacked in Nigeria.

Prior to the Western propaganda to promote and force acceptance of homosexuality in Africa, I had never heard of a gay person being attacked in Nigeria for looking gay. They were just ignored.
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by otheloze: 5:27am On Oct 05, 2012
Billyonaire: We will welcome him as soon as he arrives, but if he is caught being intimate with a fellow man, He will compulsorily face 14yrs in prison or death by street Justice. Say 'No!' to Gay.

Billy please correct me if iam wrong aren't you an ECKIST?
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 05, 2012
Make dem send the eddiot back to Naija make Guys for Naija HAMMER that in vagin ASSSSS wey em de lie say dem they 4OK AM! Ediooot mother 4oka! GOD go HAMMA that your Usless smelly Black Asssss! With Holly ghost fire!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by saleeh: 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2012
pls, deport him and lets have him stoned to death...stupid gay
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by rhymz(m): 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
mr.drizzy:
i just hope u aint one,bt if u wonna knw wheather they do kill go to adamawa nd shout "i am gay" ded u will knw if they kill
shut that dirty hole in your face if you lack the capacity to understand anything.
Do you think everyone here is your mate or have thesame below average I.Q like you? Next time learn next to quote me again, you slowpoke
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by rhymz(m): 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2012
Sagamite:

Well said jor!

It is when they stop making it private that they normally get attacked in Nigeria.

Prior to the Western propaganda to promote and force acceptance of homosexuality in Africa, I had never heard of a gay person being attacked in Nigeria for looking gay. They were just ignored.
As in eh, there is too much propaganda flying around. Imagine the lawyer claiming that he will be killed if he was deported to Nigeria, like say dem dey write the thing for their forehead.
Matter of fact, there are a lot of impressionable Nigerians experimenting with the habit in the closet of their rooms and house. People suspect them but have not done anything to them so long as they don't try to rub it off anyone's face. You only get mugged or harassed when you start stretching it outside of your comfort zone.
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by Ezegozie(m): 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2012
Area_boy: give him a gay boy friend smiley lets see how gay he is grin grin grin
i think that is not the solution.

GAYMEN ARE EXPECTED NOT TO BE MOVED SEXUALLY BY WOMEN. So i sugest they put him alone with a girl as sexy as nicky minaj and as beautiful as ALICIA KEYS.inside a room mount cameras and LET THE GIRL BE WITH HIM FOR TWO DAYS WITHOUT ANY CLOTH; aND ALSO BE ROMANCING HIM WITH HER BREASST AND TOUCHING HIS PENIS: then let us watch his reaction...........i say this because SEXUAL URGE is an involuntary action
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by JasonFeather: 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
Before passing judgment on Ola I suggest people look at the facts. I know Ola!

I'm amazed & disgusted by some of the comments & homophobia here. I knew homophobia was rife in Nigeria given that the church's in Nigeria are manipulated by right wing homophobic American evangelists & their dollars!

Many Nigerians claim to be Christian but I can't see any here. Sounds like no one follows the true teachings of Jesus, judge not lest you be judged & love thy neighbour seems to have been missed from your religious teachings!

Being gay is not a choice in the same way that being left handed or being black or white is not a choice.

Scientific and medical understanding is that sexual orientation is not chosen, but is the result of a complex interplay of biological and environmental factors leading to a persons sexuality. This is according to all accredited medical organizations around the world from the American Medical Association to The British royal society of psychologists etc

Homosexual activity is not unnatural or dysfunctional, research shows that homosexuality is an example of normal variation in human sexuality and is not in and of itself a source of negative psychological effects.

Prejudice and discrimination against homosexual and bisexual people such as that demonstrated by the church & some people, however, has been shown to cause psychological harm which is why suicide is higher amongst gay & lesbian women than in the rest of the population.

Homosexual behaviour is not against nature or unnatural as it has been observed in close to 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented in at least 500 of them.

Homosexuality is not increasing, gay people do not recruit, homosexuality cannot be taught and is not a threat to humanity.

Why would a religion like Christianity (supposedly based on the love & acceptance Jesus preached) promote inequality? It doesn't but some people CHOOSE to interpret it this way to fit their own bigoted views.

I'm sure if God exists he/she/it knows what they are doing but everyone should be anti religion if that religion promotes faith over facts, ignorance over enlightenment or obedience over free thinking.

Religion is where ignorance is venerated over knowledge like a room full of blind people claiming only they can see the light.

Yeah it's nice to think your right, to believe your saved, your special, to belong to an exclusive club (who's only membership requirement is that you stop thinking for yourself) but although such ignorance is comforting it comes at too big a price.

If you want to know God look to science which describes the world in all its beauty & majesty. It's not perfect but it's the closest tool we have for understanding & aiming for truth. If there's a creator their handy work is described there not in thousand year old books written by men, not for you, but for people in the past.

Look to beauty, truth, love etc

Look to our highest ideals that God provided, meditate, be kind, live & let live & love one another but whatever you do don't look in books written thousands of years ago.

Fortunately we no longer follow much of what the bible says as we know that is is wrong & no longer applies to modern life (see examples below) so to pick those elements in the bible that describe homosexuality as wrong & reject the following passages is simply to use the bible to support homophobic prejudice & nothing more:

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her." (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

"...whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her" (Mark 10:11 & Luke 16:18)

"You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together." (Leviticus 19:19)

"Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)

"Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

We don't follow or believe in this nonsense anymore so why CHOOSE to believe the same nonsense in the bible about homosexuality?

Being against equality for all is simply wrong & to use the bible to pick & choose your morals is equally wrong.

Think for yourself & look to the facts rather than allowing others in the church to decide your morals for you.

There is nothing wrong with two people loving one another no matter whether they are two women, a woman & a man or two men.

Love will always be stronger than hate or ignorance of the facts. Don't be on the wrong side of history & support equality for all.
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by Sagamite(m): 7:49am On Oct 06, 2012
Jason Feather:
I'm amazed & disgusted by some of the comments & homophobia here. I knew homophobia was rife in Nigeria given that the church's in Nigeria are manipulated by right wing homophobic American evangelists & their dollars!

Many Nigerians claim to be Christian but I can't see any here. Sounds like no one follows the true teachings of Jesus, judge not lest you be judged & love thy neighbour seems to have been missed from your religious teachings!

The normal moronic junk!

What does the bible say about homosexuality?

Jason Feather:
Homosexual activity is not unnatural or dysfunctional, research shows that homosexuality is an example of normal variation in human sexuality and is not in and of itself a source of negative psychological effects.

What research?

Jason Feather:
Homosexual behaviour is not against nature or unnatural as it has been observed in close to 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented in at least 500 of them.

Show me the gay animals.

Jason Feather:
Why would a religion like Christianity (supposedly based on the love & acceptance Jesus preached) promote inequality? It doesn't but some people CHOOSE to interpret it this way to fit their own bigoted views.

I'm sure if God exists he/she/it knows what they are doing but everyone should be anti religion if that religion promotes faith over facts, ignorance over enlightenment or obedience over free thinking.

More moronic junk!

Christianity is not about love and acceptance, otherwise there would be nothing like sin.

Christianity is about following the rules and regulations of the bible.

Don't be regurgitating and spewing this moronic junk fed to you by the Western world and come here and vomiting it like if it is some intellectual breakthrough thought.
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by rhymz(m): 8:31am On Oct 06, 2012
Sagamite:

The normal moronic junk!

What does the bible say about homosexuality?

What research?

Show me the gay animals.

More moronic junk!

Christianity is not about love and acceptance, otherwise there would be nothing like sin.

Christianity is about following the rules and regulations of the bible.

Don't be regurgitating and spewing this moronic junk fed to you by the Western world and come here and vomiting it like if it is some intellectual breakthrough thought.
hahahahahaha. . . That was short, precise and straight to the point. I am so tired of these LGBT apologists making all sorts of moronic claims that have not been substantiated by the empirical evidence of science. Using over flogged soundbites by LGBT people like "it is not unnatural", "consenting adults", "unconditional love" and all that crappy argument they resort to, only reveals ackwardness of such claims and arguments.
How can anyone suggest that homosexualism is a natural behaviour and root such their arguments on the phoney evidences of animals having sex? That is so laughable, so animalistic behavior is now an accepted standard for human beings. We could as well go wild and kill other humans for food just so we can be clear that it is nature. What a BS!!
Even with all the prepostrous claims of God's love being unconditional, we all know such claims are for effects when standing in front of a pulpit and trying to mesmerize a congregation of a thousand people, in reality, his love is conditional and has boundaries not be crossed. .lol. .that is the reality.
All that LGBT propaganda and pressure will only convince shallow minded folks with impressionable traits not people like you and me that understand that this is just like many other man-made pervasions with set down plans to spread it through brow-beating and junk science and lies.
Re: UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago by Sagamite(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2012
rhymz: hahahahahaha. . . That was short, precise and straight to the point. I am so tired of these LGBT apologists making all sorts of moronic claims that have not been substantiated by the empirical evidence of science. Using over flogged soundbites by LGBT people like "it is not unnatural", "consenting adults", "unconditional love" and all that crappy argument they resort to, only reveals ackwardness of such claims and arguments.
How can anyone suggest that homosexualism is a natural behaviour and root such their arguments on the phoney evidences of animals having sex? That is so laughable, so animalistic behavior is now an accepted standard for human beings. We could as well go wild and kill other humans for food just so we can be clear that it is nature. What a BS!!
Even with all the prepostrous claims of God's love being unconditional, we all know such claims are for effects when standing in front of a pulpit and trying to mesmerize a congregation of a thousand people, in reality, his love is conditional and has boundaries not be crossed. .lol. .that is the reality.
All that LGBT propaganda and pressure will only convince shallow minded folks with impressionable traits not people like you and me that understand that this is just like many other man-made pervasions with set down plans to spread it through brow-beating and junk science and lies.

I can guarantee you he would struggle to conclusively show me "gay animals".

What silly evidence he brings will most likely just provide me with the opportunity to show his ignorance and gullibility. Shallow-minded and impressionable folks!

Where the fck is Xtianity about love and acceptance when the God will throw most in Hell fire if they do not follow rules. Silly liberal, progress-wannabee arguments.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Official Ibadan Urban, Rural Thread / Any Nigerian In Malaysia?pls Help! / France & Europe: Experience Through The Eyes Of A Nigerian (Photojournal)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.