Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects (3034 Views)

Yakubu Gowon Confirms Paternity Of Musa, USA-returnee Son Musa / We Killed The People Of Baga, As Our Lord Instructed Us In His Book – Shekau / Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Jisunpack: 9:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
Lagos State Police Command has arrested six suspected kidnapper who allegedly killed an United States returnee in Lagos. The victim,
Oddi Nweze was said to have gone to buy some items along Old Ojo
Road, Satellite Town when the hoodlums who wanted to kidnap him
ended up shooting him. The businessman, Nweze was said to have
struggled with the kidnappers, who out of annoyance shot him dead,
about two weeks ago.

The six suspects, Chibuzor Osuagwu, Oliver Nwabueze, Kevin Emenike, Uche Igbani, a woman, Ngozi Onuowu and another suspect were alleged to be among the eight members of the syndicate that
committed the dastardly act.
The suspects who were described by the police as notorious were alleged to be responsible for many of the
kidnappings and armed robberies in the country. Their method of operation was to abduct their victims and take them to their enclave at Ago Area of Okota before demanding for ransom. The bubble burst for the suspects when the police set their kingpin, Kevin Emenike up through a young woman who was chatting with him through the social media.

When the kingpin finally succumbed to the bait, he came from Port Harcourt where he was hiding to take the woman at the University of Lagos (UNILAG), and he was arrested by detectives led by the Area ‘E’ Commander, Mr. Dan Okoro, an Assistant Commissioner of Police.
Five out of the suspects who spoke with Daily Sun owned up to the
crime, while one of them claimed he was a motorcycle operator. One of the suspects, Emenike confessed that his role was to collect the
ransom from the victims’ families, which he would hand over to, Uche
Igbani who was in charge of the enclave.

According to Emenike he had participated in four operations, adding that the first kidnap operation was at Satellite, where the gang received N4 million ransom. He said his share of the money was N250,000. He said the second operation, which was at FESTAC Town earned the gang N5 million and his share was N300,000. The third operation, which, he said, was at Amuwo Odofin Area earned the gang N1.1 million. The suspect said his share was N100,000, while the last operation, which took place at Satellite Town earned the gang N1.2 million. His was N100,000 Another suspect, Osuagwu claimed the victims were usually taken to a flat where he lives with his wife. He said he lives in one room while the gang also used one room to hide the victims.

Osuagwu alleged he received only N30,000 from the gang. He said he was paid N10,000 and N20,000 in two operations. Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Umar Manko said the late businessman was abducted near Oxpharm Store along Old Ojo Road, Satellite Town and later killed by the eight-man gang who operated on four motorcycles. “We are not linking Oxpharm Store to the kidnap saga. The suspects were on their own in the nefarious business operations.” Manko said one AK 49 rifle, 78 7.2mm ammunition, five loaded magazines, a Toyota Hilux van and two motorcycles were recovered from the suspects.

The police boss said the suspects would be charged with armed robbery, kidnapping and the murder of Oddi Nweze. In another
development, armed robbers yesterday attacked a family and their
visitor at Abule Onigbagbo Estate, Ikeja. The robbers raided the duplex
belonging to one Omololu Akinyosoye. Daily Sun gathered that the four bandits shot the security man at the gate. The security man identified as Michael Ekwueme is still receiving treatment in a private hospital (name withheld) in Ikeja.

The robbers dispossessed the family of jewelry, laptop, shoes and
unspecified amount of money. Meanwhile policemen exchanged gun
duel with them and shot dead one of the bandits.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/how-we-killed-us-returnee-kidnap-suspects/
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Jisunpack: 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
From Cynthia's murder to another despicable acts of barbarism.
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by reporter1: 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2012
Now "these" people have brought their madness to Lagos. Nigeria needs prayers.
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Jisunpack: 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
^
My brother, na so we see am ooooo. it's now official that 90% of crimes committed in south west is carried out by "these" people. yet, their foolish bigoted brothers will shamelessly claimed to be very industrious. I laugh onitsha.
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Seunn11: 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2012
even the pseudo-intellectual one among them (i.e. Chuinua Achaube) is busy distorting history and hero worshiping his okonkwo-turned ojukwuuku. grin
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by CyberG: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
For goodness sake, why not just execute all these people on the spot!?? iboz will cry genocide but so what? This land will go completely to the dogs if iboz are allowed outside their zone. Now, they go all the way to Lagos to go and kill another ibo man who preferred Lagos than alaiboz land. It is known that iboz will do anything for money and the sooner they are made to realize that instant gruesome death follows their crimes, the sooner they can move back to inside iboland. angry angry
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by CyberG: 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
Seunn11: even the pseudo-intellectual one among them (i.e. Chuinua Achaube) is busy distorting history and hero worshiping his okonkwo-turned ojukwuuku. grin

Leave Achebe alone....he is just another ordinary man. He has his opinions which are just nothing than other people have. He can worship ojuku all he wants, but it does not change the facts that iboz waged and lost a stupid war. The blame of the war rests on ojukwu and his supporters. Achebve cannot re-write history and even talking about Chief Awolowo makes him look silly. That was a man of far vision and foresight, a man that could never be led by the nose while iboz claim ojuku their leader was actually a follower who was led by his followers to declare a war for which 3 M + iboz would later die. iboz waged a stupid war and lost it and it is past time they moved on.
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 03, 2012
My Igbo people, why must we kill our brothers for money?

Just because he's returning from America? Ndigbo, please let's stop this babaric act.
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Jubenz: 1:29am On Dec 27, 2012
[/b][b][i][/i]Shame and distaste. I think this article borders on heinous and dastartliness of evil humans, not so much on racial diff. Why tribal spew of guts here
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by GeneralJ(m): 1:52am On Dec 27, 2012
Took two weeks to investigate wow, i guess the nigerian police can work when they choose to work
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by GeneralJ(m): 2:10am On Dec 27, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: who out of annoyance shot him dead,
about two weeks ago.
Took about two weeks to invenstigate, i guess the nigerian police can really work when they want to
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by nduchucks: 6:08am On Dec 27, 2012
I urge Nigerians in the US to go out and buy multiple semi automatic concealable handguns, the type which can fire at least 10 - 15 rounds per magazine within 10 - 30 seconds, before they are banned. Do not return to Nigeria and move around willy nilly if you will be involved in publicized activities which will expose you as a JJC.

Not doing so will render you as a sitting duck which could be shot by useless savages for pennies. These armed robbers and kidnappers are cowards, your remedy is to fire on them while they try to molest you - trust me, they will run like chickens even with their guns.

These criminals will even come to your house with the confidence that they will not meet any type of resistance. Once again, let them in and wait for the mofos with your laser guided handgun. They will never return to bother you. Nonesense.

You can pick this one up for under $500 anywhere in the US, it is called "Bersa Thunder 40 Ultra Compact". If you cannot handle firearms, for goodness sake, employ mopos as bodyguards, it will cost you pennies. Life has no duplicate.

Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 27, 2012
I'm just happy to see the same Southern Nigerian NLer faces from Dec 1st.

I'm happy that you lots made it past this Dec craseness lipsrsealed But remember, new year turkey money still dey another issue.

lipsrsealed
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 27, 2012
ndu_chucks: I urge Nigerians in the US to go out and buy multiple semi automatic concealable handguns, the type which can fire at least 10 - 15 rounds per magazine within 10 - 30 seconds, before they are banned. Do not return to Nigeria and move around willy nilly if you will be involved in publicized activities which will expose you as a JJC.

Not doing so will render you as a sitting duck which could be shot by useless savages for pennies. These armed robbers and kidnappers are cowards, your remedy is to fire on them while they try to molest you - trust me, they will run like chickens even with their guns.

These criminals will even come to your house with the confidence that they will not meet any type of resistance. Once again, let them in and wait for the mofos with your laser guided handgun. They will never return to bother you. Nonesense.

You can pick this one up for under $500 anywhere in the US, it is called "Bersa Thunder 40 Ultra Compact". If you cannot handle firearms, for goodness sake, employ mopos as bodyguards, it will cost you pennies. Life has no duplicate.

Do you know something that we don't?

Is something big going to happen?

Hmm, I dey watch you.
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by nduchucks: 6:39am On Dec 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Do you know something that we don't?

Is something big going to happen?

Hmm, I dey watch you.

Ileke bebeidi, why are you watching me? I thought it was common knowledge that the assault weapons ban will return in 2013 and purchasing such handguns will become quite difficult in 2013.

Aren't you supposed to be sleeping by now?
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by geeez: 6:58am On Dec 27, 2012
'These' people again? Obviously they are responsible for most of the crimes in the SW
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 27, 2012
I wonder why Chinua Achebe is yet to write a book on kidnapping in Igboland.
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by ogb5(m): 8:01am On Dec 27, 2012
in the 80's it was common knowledge that many ibos supplement their business with cheating and in some cases stealing.

they will own cd195 motorcycles then which they use in patrolling the highways. any broken down vehicle which they come accross on the road they will canibalise and sell as spare parts.

many turned a blind eye then. the reasoning was that these were a people who lost so much during the war. it was felt as their little way of showing their vengeance.

so the nation watch while the ibo man destroyed public infrastructures to sell either as spare parts or as scrap metals. they will cut off metal parts of bridges for metal scraps. stealing of Nepa electric cables, insulators and transformers were fair game to them. the small thieves among them will drain the coolant oils from electricity tranaformers, making the transformers to overheat and blow up while they sell coolant oil as mercury.

buried armoured electricy cables where not out of their reach, neither where overhead metallic road signs. The Ibo man was willing and able to destroy and public infrastruture to sell as scrap metal.

Those were those days. they did all these mostly outside their regions. they destroyed public infracstructure in regions that fought the war against them.

these days, the Ibo man has progressed; he is no longer contented with destroying public property to sell as scrap outside of his region. Today the ibo man sells his brother as scrap in all regions.
they kidnap any one for ransom. their sons can no longer go home from christmas for fear of kidnappers lurking in their villages. even when they remain in the city, they are still fair game to their brothers in the kidnap game.

how lower can the ibo man sink in the quest for easy money. It is really sad to see the great contributions of many hardworking ibo men blighted by the negative actions of an equally large number of ibos.

5 Likes

Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by heed101(m): 8:04am On Dec 27, 2012
Make these people come dey go their land. We need cleansing in our land. #awon omo odaran. Typical bastards
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by wassade: 8:12am On Dec 27, 2012
Igbo people again grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by geeez: 8:41am On Dec 27, 2012
ogb5: in the 80's it was common knowledge that many ibos supplement their business with cheating and in some cases stealing.

they will own cd195 motorcycles then which they use in patrolling the highways. any broken down vehicle which they come accross on the road they will canibalise and sell as spare parts.

many turned a blind eye then. the reasoning was that these were a people who lost so much during the war. it was felt as their little way of showing their vengeance.

so the nation watch while the ibo man destroyed public infrastructures to sell either as spare parts or as scrap metals. they will cut off metal parts of bridges for metal scraps. stealing of Nepa electric cables, insulators and transformers were fair game to them. the small thieves among them will drain the coolant oils from electricity tranaformers, making the transformers to overheat and blow up while they sell coolant oil as mercury.

buried armoured electricy cables where not out of their reach, neither where overhead metallic road signs. The Ibo man was willing and able to destroy and public infrastruture to sell as scrap metal.

Those were those days. they did all these mostly outside their regions. they destroyed public infracstructure in regions that fought the war against them.

these days, the Ibo man has progressed; he is no longer contented with destroying public property to sell as scrap outside of his region. Today the ibo man sells his brother as scrap in all regions.
they kidnap any one for ransom. their sons can no longer go home from christmas for fear of kidnappers lurking in their villages. even when they remain in the city, they are still fair game to their brothers in the kidnap game.

how lower can the ibo man sink in the quest for easy money. It is really sad to see the great contributions of many hardworking ibo men blighted by the negative actions of an equally large number of ibos.

These guys are Nigeria's biggest problem. They have introduced different forms of crimes into a region that was erstwhile peaceful and calm. Even the ones in the corporate world devise all means to rip their clients off and play dirty with threats and fraud. They are the ones that will refuse to pay their staff who are in most cases their kinsmen. These guys are trouble anywhere they go leaving behind a tale of woes and anguish in their trail
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Super1759: 8:58am On Dec 27, 2012
*another ethnic bashing thread
Thank your stars that I am not in the mood
I refuse to comment
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by ogb5(m): 9:33am On Dec 27, 2012
geeez:

These guys are Nigeria's biggest problem. They have introduced different forms of crimes into a region that was erstwhile peaceful and calm. Even the ones in the corporate world devise all means to rip their clients off and play dirty with threats and fraud. They are the ones that will refuse to pay their staff who are in most cases their kinsmen. These guys are trouble anywhere they go leaving behind a tale of woes and anguish in their trail

Between the ibo man, the Hausa man and the other Nigerians, one can not really say who is worse. I will say they all compliment each other in the destruction of the values of a sane society.
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 27, 2012
imagine the kingpin living a kings life in portharcourt causing havoc in Lagos.
if he reads his Bible very well he would have known how Samson was set up
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Jakumo(m): 11:17am On Dec 27, 2012
ndu_chucks: I urge Nigerians in the US to go out and buy multiple semi automatic concealable handguns, the type which can fire at least 10 - 15 rounds per magazine within 10 - 30 seconds, before they are banned. Do not return to Nigeria and move around willy nilly if you will be involved in publicized activities which will expose you as a JJC.

I urge Nigerians in the US to go out and buy multiple semi automatic concealable handguns, the type which can fire at least 10 - 15 rounds per magazine within 10 - 30 seconds, before they are banned. Do not return to Nigeria and move around willy nilly if you will be involved in publicized activities which will expose you as a JJC.

There is one problem with this advice Onyisi Chuks is giving in the above quote. As seductive as that two-tone semi-auto handgun may be, it would be foolhardy to try and carry one into Nigeria via checked luggage aboard any commercial passenger aircraft, since such weapons would be picked up by airport Xray luggage scanners at the departure airport, at which point that bag would be pulled, and a whole slew of international weapon-carry permits would be requested.

If by sheer chance, one were able to smuggle a sidearm into Nigeria, the ONLY firearm permit they will be entitled to seek under Nigerian law would be one limiting such a weapon to use WITHIN the permit holder's home, for home-defence, but NEVER for concealed carry to be used out in public.

Any person spotted with a concealed pistol in Nigeria, and who is unable to produce a military or law-enforcement ID card, stands the real risk of either being chased down and beaten to death by an "irate" mob, on the assumption that the gun-toting civilian must be an armed robber, or, alternatively, of being shot without hesitation by the police, for the same reason. For the avoidance of doubt, Nigerian firearm statutes clearly state that outside of retired or serving military and law enforcement personnel, NO civilian is authorized by law to pack a concealed handgun in any public place.

Anyone feeling a need to pack heat in Nigeria is at present limited by law to a pump-shotgun, which may be carried in public without causing raised eyebrows when that person is the company of hunters or armed vigilante members. Any other scenario where a civilian-owned weapon is openly displayed in Nigeria would certainly invite undue attention, and maybe some very serious problems.

When in Nigeria, I personally pack my blunderbus, ammo and current permit in a secret location within easy reach as I wheel my hooptie about the mean streets, hoping not to get phucked with, but being ready as hell in case I am.
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by advocate666: 11:38am On Dec 27, 2012
All hail the Yoruba "warriors" that came to fight so we can remain in the same country with them.
Praises! Praises! Praises!
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by fkaz(m): 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
ogb5:

Between the ibo man, the Hausa man and the other Nigerians, one can not really say who is worse. I will say they all compliment each other in the destruction of the values of a sane society.
I think the hausa man(boko haram) is still beta, because Ɣ☺ΰ known where dey will target(church). But the igbo man will come after Ɣ☺ΰ, anywhere Ɣ☺ΰ are.
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by nduchucks: 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jakumo:

Any person spotted with a concealed pistol in Nigeria, and who is unable to produce a military or law-enforcement ID card, stands the real risk of either being chased down and beaten to death by an "irate" mob, on the assumption that the gun-toting civilian must be an armed robber, or, alternatively, of being shot without hesitation by the police, for the same reason. For the avoidance of doubt, Nigerian firearm statutes clearly state that outside of retired or serving military and law enforcement personnel, NO civilian is authorized by law to pack a concealed handgun in any public place.

she na me you dey call onye oshi, ko? I will submit ya name to Buhari's team for proper processing.

Your epistle was spot on, it is practically impossible to smuggle such a weapon by putting it in checked-in luggage and its a bad idea to smuggle it at all. You should do it like your comrades do, let ya brother wey dey work for embassy take it with diplomatic packages for you. lipsrsealed

If dem catch you, na that day I go change my name from ndu_chucks to Ado.

BTW, when was the last time an angry mob lynched an armed robber carrying a concealed weapon, in naija?
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by polokor60(m): 3:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
All this wicked and lazy fools,after i don hustle make my hard earn legit cash,una no go allow man pilkin flex e money wella.yeye fowls angry angry
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Jakumo(m): 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
ndu_chucks:

she na me you dey call onye oshi, ko? I will submit ya name to Buhari's team for proper processing.

Your epistle was spot on, it is practically impossible to smuggle such a weapon by putting it in checked-in luggage and its a bad idea to smuggle it at all. You should do it like your comrades do, let ya brother wey dey work for embassy de it with diplomatic packages for you. lipsrsealed

If dem catch you, na that day I go change my name from ndu_chucks to Ado.

BTW, when was the last time an angry mob lynched an armed robber carrying a concealed weapon, in naija?

My brother who worked as a gardener at the US Embassy was relieved of his duties without explanation this morning, all because of what you wrote here, Oga Chuks, and with that all my dreams of free dollars for no work have evaporated like the harmattan haze before the afternoon sun.

Today is indeed a sad day of wistful reflection for me here. No how wey me-self nogo by force change my own name before this New Year clock finish, after all wettin don happen for Xmas time when man pikin suppose dey enjoy awoof. Anyway, I know say Papa God dey take hand write we all mistake for Punishment-Book, but when time reach my own nogo plenty like some people own, in Jeeesus name, Amen.

Happy New Year.

1 Like

Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by MegaMan2020: 5:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
I know Fashola is making plans for these cannibals to be packed off back top Biafraland where they belong!
Re: How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
dis igbo people sef !!!!!! i don tire for them ooooo. shiiiiiiiitttttt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Powerful Militaries In Africa / What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba People / Construction Work Begins On N325bn Lekki Seaport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.