Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Lessons From The Obama Vigil - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lessons From The Obama Vigil (644 Views)

Republican Staff Who Abused The Obama Girls Has Been Sacked / The Obama Girls' Next 4 Years. Malia And Sasha: Oh, How They've Grown! Pics. / US Senate Has Passed The 'obama Health Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From The Obama Vigil by madeonline(m): 5:31am On Oct 04, 2012
October 3, 2012, some hours after Mubi masacre and whilst River Niger is still ravaging floods across several states locally, some Nigerians kept vigil seeing Obama vs Roomney presidential debate. That is fair and a matter of personal choice for concern or media consumption.

However, we have a long journey to civility in this corner of the world ... rather than make our Presidential debate system work or mourn the absence of a quality one in our life time (recall the charades of stand up comedy and melody drama that lacked accountability calls and sensibility chat we have always grudgingly endured and dismissed in our election years), we are here online scoring Obama and hailing Roomney as though that would make us American collegiate electorates overnight!

We really need to start demanding our basic rights sequel to future elections in Nigeria. It is not enough to queue for hours to get voters cards and vote in ballots that do not really end up counting, we need to start asking salient questions on Nigerians stewardship to Nigeria and getting answers too , else it does not worth all the billions wasted in the name of election/selection.

Finally, I hope none of those Nigerians who wait to leave the corridors of power in Abuja would spoil my mood online with an American Presidential chat commentary or column in a National daily, I keep wandering why they all get booted out of Aso Rock corridors before they start making seemingly reasonable, people-centric commentaries/arguments! We surely have had so many non-performers in our corridors of power for too long, an average youth in Nigeria is desperate in need of a good leadership model in Politics!

Good day fellow Nigerians, my apologies for dulling part of the brightness of the day, I could not just stomach our misplaced priorities ...commentaries on twitter/fb won't make our scary moments fantasies, let us wake up!

(1) (Reply)

Romney Is Winning Election Tomorrow - Redskins Rule!! / Romney, Obama Have Lunch, Agree To ‘stay In Touch.’ Maybe. / The Vulnerability Of Elites: Geopolitical Risk In 2013

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.