Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Dose God Destine Some Poeple Not To attend High Institution? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dose God Destine Some Poeple Not To attend High Institution? (693 Views)

Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood / Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos) / Did God Destine Any Particular Woman For A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dose God Destine Some Poeple Not To attend High Institution? by iykeboyy(m): 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
some time i keep asking my self this question whether God can say my son no need of going to high institution just go straight into business.i have this friend who has sat JAMB AND POST UME for more than three sittings although with very high score but no admission. the guy in question want to give up with the excuse that it is not the will of God for him to attend high institution.please advise they guy. Ur honestest contribution can save his future
Re: Dose God Destine Some Poeple Not To attend High Institution? by OmoAlata(f): 4:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
The only example I have is of someone whose mother was told when she was carrying him that he'll be a man of God. Of course he grew up pooh-poohing the idea and said he wanted to go to school etc. He finished Secondary school, and got admission into the Uni but was warned, in a dream, NOT to go. He was that scared that he did not enrol. He's now a powerful man of God (I won't tell you his name wink)
Re: Dose God Destine Some Poeple Not To attend High Institution? by CrazyMan(m): 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
iykeboyy: some time i keep asking my self this question whether God can say my son no need of going to high institution just go straight into business. i have this friend who has sat JAMB AND POST UME for more than three sittings although with very high score but no admission . the guy in question want to give up with the excuse that it is not the will of God for him to attend high institution.please advise they guy. Ur honestest contribution can save his future
Can you shed more light on the bolded?

What was the reason why he couldn't get the admission? You said he got a high score, did he get up to the required cut-off mark?

I need to understand you properly before I can make any comment.
Re: Dose God Destine Some Poeple Not To attend High Institution? by tpia5: 4:47pm On Oct 04, 2012
there are many ways to get into higher institutions.

polytechnics, etc are also a means of obtaining tertiary education, if being admitted into a university is hard initially.

and try to read books that will help you improve your english because regardless if you study further or not, that's one area you have to work on.
Re: Dose God Destine Some Poeple Not To attend High Institution? by iykeboyy(m): 5:01pm On Oct 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
Can you shed more light on the bolded?

What was the reason why he couldn't get the admission? You said he got a high score, did he get up to the required cut-off mark?

I need to understand you properly before I can make any comment.
the guy in question usualy score in most cases above the cut off like dis yr he scored 269 in jamb and 290 in imo state university he could nt find his name in the first list although the second list is nt yet out!
Re: Dose God Destine Some Poeple Not To attend High Institution? by Pennywise(m): 5:07pm On Oct 04, 2012
The university in the past was a place for the exceptionally brilliant few others acquired skills in different trades and vocation and made a good life out of it. In order words going to uni for the majority was the exception. Now, it is the rule. Because it is prestigious to do so.

The consequence is that you have 'graduates' every where who can hardly write application letters unaided for nonexistent jobs, no skill, therefore no legitimate means to earn a living. B4 you know it you are 40 and a whole lifetime is gone.

My advise? Forget about destiny. Go and acquire a skill that can guaranttee u livelihood, save and build on that.
Re: Dose God Destine Some Poeple Not To attend High Institution? by CrazyMan(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2012
iykeboyy: the guy in question usualy score in most cases above the cut off like dis yr he scored 269 in jamb and 290 in imo state university he could nt find his name in the first list although the second list is nt yet out!
What course was he aspiring to study?
Re: Dose God Destine Some Poeple Not To attend High Institution? by iykeboyy(m): 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
CrazyMan:
What course was he aspiring to study?
my man nah sociology first and second chioce
Re: Dose God Destine Some Poeple Not To attend High Institution? by Image123(m): 11:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
tough times don't last, tough people do.

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Satanic Inspired Writings / If Men Were Almighty God? / Nigerian Security Forces Say They Have Killed 20 Members Of The Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.