Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 (21486 Views)

Majek Fashek Strips To perform At Felabration (Photos) / Salawa Abeni And Nigerian Big Sheff Perform At Felabration Day 3 (Photos, Video) / Iyanya's Girlfriend Freda Stuns As Kcee,Others Perform At His Album Launch(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by ijebabe: 11:31am On Oct 05, 2012
I read the below in Oversabi and I just had to share. What do you guys think about this??

American female rapper Nicki Minaj is said to be among the International acts to perform at this year’s edition of the Africa’s biggest street party, Calabar Carnival. News reaching us say the “Young Money” artiste will pocket $200, 000 USD for her appearance at the event.

Calabar Carnival festival in Nigeria, was created as part of the vision of making the Cross River State in Nigeria, the number one tourist destination for Nigerians and tourist all over the world. The carnival which begin on every 1st of December and last till 31st December has boosted the cultural mosaic of Nigeria people while entertaining the millions of spectators within and outside the State, and boosting industry for all stakeholders.

The Calabar Carnival has come a long way..it all started 2004, when the governor of Cross River State, Mr Donald Duke had a vision of making his state the hub for tourism and hospitality in Nigerian and in Africa. The Carnival presents a perfect platform from brand visibility for consumer and market awareness. Recently, Cross River State and Calabar has become the pride of Nigeria or Africa as far as tourism, carnivals and hospitality is concerned.

The event has hosted top Nigeria musicians, Nolly-wood Actors, Politicians and international artists. Over the last 4 years international artists like, the late Lucky Dube, Akon, Fat Joe,Joe, young Jeezy, Nelly, Kirk Franklin, and many more has thrilled the large crowd of Nigerians and tourist from outside the country.

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Idowuogbo(f): 11:34am On Oct 05, 2012
Calabar dey mad?? as in dem dey craze 200 gini? come dem suppose swear for whoever wan drop dat money o! wey cultural dancers go collect 40k shake bweast and all organs wey fit shake.

19 Likes

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 05, 2012
Idowuogbo: Calabar dey mad?? as in dem dey craze 200 gini? come dem suppose swear for whoever wan drop dat money o! wey cultural dancers go collect 40k shake bweast and all organs wey fit shake.
LWKMD grin
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by ijebabe: 11:39am On Oct 05, 2012
Kokolet, we fit gate crash this carnival?
Our chance for Iyanya to notice our bootilicious booty grin
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Idowuogbo(f): 11:41am On Oct 05, 2012
ijebabe: Kokolet, we fit gate crash this carnival?
Our chance for Iyanya to notice our bootilicious booty grin
follow u go calabar d place wey humans dey chop dog and vulture? haaa! i no fit.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by secnelly: 11:48am On Oct 05, 2012
this is serious... Am in 4 ds yr again.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by ijebabe: 11:50am On Oct 05, 2012
Idowuogbo:
follow u go calabar d place wey humans dey chop dog and vulture? haaa! i no fit.
At least no be pesin dem dey chop na.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by ijebabe: 11:50am On Oct 05, 2012
secnelly: this is serious... Am in 4 ds yr again.
How were the previous years?
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by secnelly: 12:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
ijebabe:
How were the previous years?

I'v always spent ma xmas there, all ma yrs in d uni... Not too sure of this yr cos am serving. its worth the hype... Especially from 26th to 31st. Dec.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
I'll see her live then, I'll be in cali this Christmas. . .my chance to verify how soft or hard her supposedly fake yansh really is.

But wait oh, I don't think Nicki would accept a 'mere' $200k. She's a grade A international artist; she probably accepts no less than $500k for international shows.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by tellwisdom: 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2012
Why pay her that much when ijebabe can dance nakedd for 15,000 naira # pure rubbish angry angry

9 Likes

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2012
Of all people it happened to be this B1tch that is Makin' it to Our Religious Nation WTF angry

Was Even Expecting Mahalia Jackson
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Mynd44: 3:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
pro01: I'll see her live then, I'll be in cali this Christmas. . .my chance to verify how soft or hard her supposedly fake yansh really is.

But wait oh, I don't think Nicki would accept a 'mere' $200k. She's a grade A international artist; she probably accepts no less than $500k for international shows.
No how much you want make she collect? That money too plenty sef. If they call a combination os Pasuma and Obesere, it won't be this expensive
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by onila(f): 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
Idowuogbo: Calabar dey mad?? as in dem dey craze 200 gini? come dem suppose swear for whoever wan drop dat money o! wey cultural dancers go collect 40k shake bweast and all organs wey fit shake.

the funniest thing u have ever said grin
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Willzkid(m): 3:35pm On Oct 05, 2012
RUBBISH, AGAIN I SAY RUBBISH, RUBBISH, RUBBISH and More RUBBISH..
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by CasieJ: 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2012
Why can't they use that money for important thing give it out †̥☺ the less privilledge.

1 Like

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by mkoabiola: 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
200 wetin? I blv ds is tax payers money,.wetin she de sing,way our female NL anders memba no fit sing even dance naked sef on stage
Ds is a collosal waste .
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by solomonkane(m): 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
Cross Rivers is obviously a state governed by clowns. Weren't they the ones who were crying over the loss of oil wells to Akwa Ibom state? Last year, Rick Ross collected their money and didn't show, hope they've gotten a refund? All they know is to shake nyash, work; who sai!!

2 Likes

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2012
Before spending such an amount on Nicki, The govt should evaluate what they stand to gain in terms of income from the carnival....Btw, That $200k could complete a block of classroom in some undeveloped village

3 Likes

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by tintingz(m): 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2012
Calabar hmm. . .and Nicki minaj who claims she's still a virgin going to calabar with that her. . . . .
She no fear those calabar boyz wey dey chop dogs like beaf meat grin Lol. . .her body will shrink before her return. . .the money sef nawa tongue
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by codernoni: 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2012
Make dem gimme quarter of dat money make I call my chick.. Her nywash big pass nikkie minaj own.

2 Likes

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by OILOFGLADNESS: 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
ok now, ltes watch i see , i will be there, last year own wasnt bad,
if not for anyother thing ,i am happy for witnesssing the calabar carnival i was told of in my primary and jss, social studies. and this year own may or may not watch them,
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by MyneWhite1(f): 3:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
Can't they use that money in any better way than sending it to America through Nicki Minaj?
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by omenziate(m): 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
Boys no mind to come all d way from Maiduguri to have a live view of dat ikebe super.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Benzora(m): 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
@idowuogbo & solomonkane: Cross River State is not in ur league of primitive states. Watch how you run your mouths on it affairs and from every indication you are the clowns and crazy ones who can't think beyond amala and ewedu.

1 Like

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Goziemiguel(m): 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
Men this I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ 2 much joor don't care if its 2small 4 Ƭƕě S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ called a list international sensation buh 32million naira mehn gosh 4 Jʊڪτ̲̅ at worst 2 hurz singing her nice songs though buh Ƭƕě current naija situation A̶̲̥̅♏ not enticed . Buh wat can I do its Jʊڪτ̲̅ our fair share ov Ƭƕě national cake make we go rock nyash .and I pray we will use Ƭƕě opportunity T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ see flavour featuring nicki minaj .4 ashawo remix. Buwhahahah ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥KK⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ buh less previldges chopin dat money will do 4 M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Youngzedd(m): 4:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
Waste of resources.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Okijajuju1(m): 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2012
Brings out Calculator and calls Aboki for exchange rate.. Aboki says: One Pipty-Nine Naira.

159 * 200,000 = 31,000,000.00 (Thirty One Million Naira..)

NNa, My children must either be footballers or Musicians... F[u]ck School! angry

14 Likes

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by WizPrince1(m): 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
[big]Ah, Nigerians too dey waste Money... Huh, can her face / her appearance raise a dead man up? I Hate This Joor... Sha its Calabar's wish to make Cross River the N0 1. Tourist state in Nigeria. Anyways, they're trying in All Their Carnivals koz of the Impressions they give to spectators. ... I TRUST MY DELTA STATE... Baba God Noni'[/big]
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by doppler777(m): 4:27pm On Oct 05, 2012
Hmmmmmmm....thats a senseless wastage,@ least they should promote combination of national artist like "EVA" et-all just for the fraction of that price tab, and split the rest on local infrastructure(Health care center,library,care for the Old & the needy....).
I live in the states & yet to see any of Nigerian artist @ US events with huge take home:besides most of our artist are underated and they do perform far better than the so called priviledged"GRADE A" artist.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by victorD3: 4:28pm On Oct 05, 2012
Idowuogbo:

You wish! As if you can even afford a hotel in Calabar. Calabar na the place joor! Vulture my ass.

1 Like

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by fittty(m): 4:39pm On Oct 05, 2012
Dope!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Venezuelan Model Yuvi Pallares,strips Nakaed During Report On Cristiano Ronaldo / #bbnaija: Ebuka Dances Zanku And Gbe Body As Fans Hail And Cheered Him Up / Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Welcome A Baby Boy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.