Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 (21507 Views)

Majek Fashek Strips To perform At Felabration (Photos) / Salawa Abeni And Nigerian Big Sheff Perform At Felabration Day 3 (Photos, Video) / Iyanya's Girlfriend Freda Stuns As Kcee,Others Perform At His Album Launch(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by escobar07(m): 5:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
Men, i shall be there. I dont feel her last album sha.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Donlouise(m): 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
Oga Okija naim b say calabar na wash bdat chai !
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by mkoabiola: 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
Pls who is niki minaj and what does he/she do.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
$200,00! - N31M

Nna menn!
That money is way too large for one person to take home!
There's money in music..
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
mko abiola: Pls who is niki minaj and what does he/she do.
arjuju.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Ikengawo: 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
If Nicki Minaj comes for $200,000, and 200,000 people come to the carnival that week and only spend $20, that's $4,000,000 in revenue for cross river state. You poverty-mental people should realize the way your state looks and look at calabar then ask yourself who knows that they're doing?

Can your state afford to bring Daddy Shoki?

1 Like

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Orikinla(m): 6:34pm On Oct 05, 2012
THIS IS A SCAM!
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Okijajuju1(m): 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2012
Donlouise: Oga Okija naim b say calabar na wash bdat chai !

Without mincing words.. Calabar na wash!!
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by vanstanzy(m): 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2012
If Nicki try come Cali n i jam am, i go rap am big time. Anybody wan bet?
This is a big fat lie. Next...
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Hoodrat(m): 6:46pm On Oct 05, 2012
flanrey: Before spending such an amount on Nicki, The govt should evaluate what they stand to gain in terms of income from the carnival....Btw, That $200k could complete a block of classroom in some undeveloped village

Noted! I shall pass on your advice to the elder.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by MrGlobe(m): 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ikengawo: If Nicki Minaj comes for $200,000, and 200,000 people come to the carnival that week and only spend $20, that's $4,000,000 in revenue for cross river state. You poverty-mental people should realize the way your state looks and look at calabar then ask yourself who knows that they're doing?

Can your state afford to bring Daddy Shoki?
dont mind nigeria people. na poverty dey worry them. 80% of the money they are using comes from private institutions so I dont know what the fuse is about. Their governirs that are not doing this, we see how well they are using their state funds better than calabar.

Am even surprised nicki (one of the hottest artist in the world currently) is charging that low. Let them go and book JayZ, Drake, lil wayne, kanye, rihanna etc lets see if any of them will go for less than 600.

At the end of the day calabar is boosting their tourism internationally while other governors are looting.

2 Likes

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by bernfame(f): 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
Destination Cross River...The Nation's Paradise.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by greaterlove(m): 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2012
Okija_juju:

Without mincing words.. Calabar na wash!!
okija there is still something noone has addressed and that is how much does crossriver make from the canival? if crossriver is making more than what they are investing into the carnival then to me its a good investment. i am not a fan of nicki minaj but i know there are people out there who will be attracted to calabar because of her. on the issue of crossriver and the hype, the state is really overhyped i am sorry to say. Was there last 2008 and the conditions of the roads from odukpani thru ikom, ugep, obubra to ogoja is terrible. i dont know if they have been fixed but the state has only calabar and obudu to boast about and obudu scenery might fascinate you but the services wont.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by DeejayP: 7:14pm On Oct 05, 2012
They should pray Boko Haram Will not be another host lol
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by cesil92: 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
Cross River State doesn't really gain much from what the spend on the Carnival.. On several occassions has the work force embarked on Strike and threatening to boycott the event if unless their wages were not paid with the areas.
The spend so much on international artiste and top local artiste yet the state is still very poor, their civil servants dont earn so well..
Calabar is often regarded as a place you come to relax and spend cash and not a busy commercial hub. A dull dry place.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
God...help me make it to this year's calabar carnival! I kneel dwn beg you!! grin
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by omenziate(m): 7:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
When she finish , make she come yobe , adamawa or borno o, we ready give her 400k per 30 minutes sef.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by ashaju33: 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
E no get who go come when una no go complain.
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by BasseyJ(m): 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2012
cesil92: Cross River State doesn't really gain much from what the spend on the Carnival.. On several occassions has the work force embarked on Strike and threatening to boycott the event if unless their wages were not paid with the areas.
The spend so much on international artiste and top local artiste yet the state is still very poor, their civil servants dont earn so well..
Calabar is often regarded as a place you come to relax and spend cash and not a busy commercial hub. A dull dry place.
Calabar dull? shocked shocked shocked shocked. hmmmm.
i comment my reserve lipsrsealed cool

1 Like

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by ikekings(m): 7:36pm On Oct 05, 2012
Idowuogbo: Calabar dey mad?? as in dem dey craze 200 gini? come dem suppose swear for whoever wan drop dat money o! wey cultural dancers go collect 40k shake bweast and all organs wey fit shake.
LMFAO.... Dis girl is very funny.... All the same na true you talk... 200 thousand u.s dollars for just a day show... Naija sabi waste money...
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Kslib(m): 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2012
ashaju33: This is calaba
It harbors the highest number of fine ladies in Nigeria with 90% of over 18yrs being single mothers.
 Flirting and flexing is the motto but my people hate working and hustling.
 The second rated city in Nigeria with highest number of h.i.v victims.
The only place where you work an interval of 25m and you see used condoms on the streets.

 The place that has the highest number of hotels in the country to the extent that they out number God worshiping places.
 Every youth has packaging that you hardly differentiate between the rich and the poor.
 The place where landlord quarrels tenant for entertaining female friends at the expense of his daughters.
 Ladies psyche guys and very demanding both in the day and nights.
 Ladies grow hair on chest, mustache and beard.
50% of indigenes are cultists.
Hahaha,.. Abeg na for where una dey learn this kind statitics,me too wan learn.lol... If the calabar people on nairaland descend on you ehn... I no dey ooh
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by overdrive(m): 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2012
Complete waste of resources when we hv young artists that needs to be encouraged.btw does the state pay minimum wage?
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by tintingz(m): 7:45pm On Oct 05, 2012
mko abiola: Pls who is niki minaj and what does he/she do.
a musician who sings afro-juju grin tongue
or an american female rapper in YM label. . .go confirm which one tongue
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
ijebabe: I read the below in Oversabi and I just had to share. What do you guys think about this??

American female rapper Nicki Minaj is said to be among the International acts to perform at this year’s edition of the Africa’s biggest street party, Calabar Carnival. News reaching us say the “Young Money” artiste will pocket $200, 000 USD for her appearance at the event.

Calabar Carnival festival in Nigeria, was created as part of the vision of making the Cross River State in Nigeria, the number one tourist destination for Nigerians and tourist all over the world. The carnival which begin on every 1st of December and last till 31st December has boosted the cultural mosaic of Nigeria people while entertaining the millions of spectators within and outside the State, and boosting industry for all stakeholders.

The Calabar Carnival has come a long way..it all started 2004, when the governor of Cross River State, Mr Donald Duke had a vision of making his state the hub for tourism and hospitality in Nigerian and in Africa. The Carnival presents a perfect platform from brand visibility for consumer and market awareness. Recently, Cross River State and Calabar has become the pride of Nigeria or Africa as far as tourism, carnivals and hospitality is concerned.

The event has hosted top Nigeria musicians, Nolly-wood Actors, Politicians and international artists. Over the last 4 years international artists like, the late Lucky Dube, Akon, Fat Joe,Joe, young Jeezy, Nelly, Kirk Franklin, and many more has thrilled the large crowd of Nigerians and tourist from outside the country.

Hope they dont stone her with pure water the way they chase Eve or Chaka-chaka comot back in the day
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Okijajuju1(m): 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2012
greaterlove:
okija there is still something noone has addressed and that is how much does crossriver make from the canival? if crossriver is making more than what they are investing into the carnival then to me its a good investment. i am not a fan of nicki minaj but i know there are people out there who will be attracted to calabar because of her. on the issue of crossriver and the hype, the state is really overhyped i am sorry to say. Was there last 2008 and the conditions of the roads from odukpani thru ikom, ugep, obubra to ogoja is terrible. i dont know if they have been fixed but the state has only calabar and obudu to boast about and obudu scenery might fascinate you but the services wont.

[b]Do they make money? Yes! But not the government, more like the people... The carnival period is simply 6 weeks of debauchery... All these roads you mentioned are still as horrible as you remember if not worse.. I only just got back from Calabar about two weeks ago. My car is still yet to recover from it. The only source of employment there remains Unicem and the NNPC depot there. There is no need to say sorry, Calabar is the definition on hype. I lived there for a year during my national service and barely 6 months into the service year, I asked myself what I was doing there. Obudu has that breath taking scenery, but like you said, it's does not offer you even 10% of the value of the money you spend there. The last time I went there, I spent over 300 thousand in two nights and regretted it.

I'm all for tourism, I am not oblivious of the benefits of tourism, that's why I carry atleast two cameras with me every time I have to visit a new destination, but this carnival thing is not my definition of tourism, more like an annual event. If you visit Calabar after the carnival, it's a dead town. The hotels get their highest clientele during that six week period of the carnival, but is that what keeps a state going all year round? NO!

I was going to wait for my next trip to Calabar in a few weeks time to bring you guys a complete picture package that even covered TINAPA, but I think I will just go ahead and post the few pics I have. Calabar has no Zoo, No Amusement parks, the water park at TINAPA is almost never working and the facilities are falling apart from lack of maintenance.. All they have are half star hotels.

YES! The carnival does bring people into Calabar, but I think it's a mere spectacle not worthy of the definition of tourism.[/b]
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2012
ijebabe: I read the below in Oversabi and I just had to share. What do you guys think about this??

American female rapper Nicki Minaj is said to be among the International acts to perform at this year’s edition of the Africa’s biggest street party, Calabar Carnival. News reaching us say the “Young Money” artiste will pocket $200, 000 USD for her appearance at the event.

Calabar Carnival festival in Nigeria, was created as part of the vision of making the Cross River State in Nigeria, the number one tourist destination for Nigerians and tourist all over the world. The carnival which begin on every 1st of December and last till 31st December has boosted the cultural mosaic of Nigeria people while entertaining the millions of spectators within and outside the State, and boosting industry for all stakeholders.

The Calabar Carnival has come a long way..it all started 2004, when the governor of Cross River State, Mr Donald Duke had a vision of making his state the hub for tourism and hospitality in Nigerian and in Africa. The Carnival presents a perfect platform from brand visibility for consumer and market awareness. Recently, Cross River State and Calabar has become the pride of Nigeria or Africa as far as tourism, carnivals and hospitality is concerned.

The event has hosted top Nigeria musicians, Nolly-wood Actors, Politicians and international artists. Over the last 4 years international artists like, the late Lucky Dube, Akon, Fat Joe,Joe, young Jeezy, Nelly, Kirk Franklin, and many more has thrilled the large crowd of Nigerians and tourist from outside the country.

hope say no be 419 scam dem wan do Nicki minaj sha
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Todaynatoday: 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
31 million naira just to move about on a stage, speak incessant gibberish and shake bum-bum!!
They might as well just throw the money into fire.

1 Like

Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by kay1999: 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
Meeennhhh which kind country be this? Backward nation... that fake ass bitch for $200k while some people suffering and living in poverty.. My people he no go better for the organizers .. Plsss Say Big Amen...
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Orikinla(m): 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2012
[size=18pt]Calabar Carnival is not promoting any tourism, but promoting money laundering and misappropriations.

See the following reports on
Calabar Carnival and the Governor's Booth Tourism.
http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2012/01/calabar-carnival-and-governors-booth.html

How the Calabar Carnival Can Attract Thousands of Foreign Tourists
http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2012/07/how-calabar-carnival-can-attract.html[/size]
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Peter262: 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
This grade one ashawo wan come introduce illuminati to our naija youth...lets pray she doesnt affect an NL
Re: Nicki Minaj Set To Perform At This Year’s Calabar Carnival For $200,000 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
crazing people, do you know how many youth that money will sponsor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Welcome A Baby Boy! / Swanky Jerry Compares Himself To Beyonce's Stylist [PICS] / Glo Unveils Kizz Daniel, Asake And Chike As Brand Ambassadors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.