Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) (4363 Views)

Superman Soldier Spotted In North East Battle Ground / South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. / Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by Werehkpe: 12:10am On Oct 06, 2012
I came across this video on the history of Nigeria. It is so indepth and tells the story with interview of Awo, Zik, Fumilayo Kuti, Gowon, Ironsi, Murtala, Shagari, Babangida, Abacha, MKO, all the way to OBJ. It also features interviews with Fela Anikulapo Kuti.

BELIEVE ME IT IS A MUST WATCH.
N.B: the video is about 2 and a half hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aFc4VrV-94

1 Like

Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by SkyBlue1: 1:04am On Oct 06, 2012
Thank you for posting this, very interesting. We are our own worst enemy, stubbornly refusing to learn from the mistakes of our fathers. Quite interesting to note how the dynamics in the relationship between a handful of men ('founding fathers') who seemed mainly interested in power has altered the way many Nigerians see themselves and their fellow country men. It would be terribly amusing if it wasn't so pathetically sad. Depresing to look back then and look at where we are, just terribly depressing.
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by SkyBlue1: 1:27am On Oct 06, 2012
Listening to Sardauna's northenisation policy of the civil service in the north was a tad shocking. 'If we can't get a northerner to fill the post on a permanent basis we'll try and get a white man on contract, if we can't get a white man on contract, THEN, we'll consider other Nigerians'.

Seems to me like the beginings of quota system and federal character. I just wonder why some of these characters are so romanticised in Nigerian history.
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by asha80(m): 1:41am On Oct 06, 2012
Sky Blue: Listening to Sardauna's northenisation policy of the civil service in the north was a tad shocking. 'If we can't get a northerner to fill the post on a permanent basis we'll try and get a white man on contract, if we can't get a white man on contract, THEN, we'll consider other Nigerians'.

Seems to me like the beginings of quota system and federal character. I just wonder why some of these characters are so romanticised in Nigerian history.

so you did not know about this till now?
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by asha80(m): 1:44am On Oct 06, 2012
is there anyway i can download this?
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by asha80(m): 2:09am On Oct 06, 2012
mehn this olugbenga must some sort of a librarian to get these footage.
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by Nobody: 2:25am On Oct 06, 2012
All your founding founders were TRIBALISTS, except the ones from Lagos, and the Ransome Kuti family(including Wole Soyinka)... I still don't know why they formed a country together - when they knew darn well they can't live together... undecided

1 Like

Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by asha80(m): 2:30am On Oct 06, 2012
shymexx: All your founding founders were TRIBALISTS, except the ones from Lagos, and the Ransome Kuti family(including Wole Soyinka)... I still don't know why they formed a country together - when they know darn well they can't live together... undecided

cannot disagree with you on the tribalists of a thing.never knew it was okotie eboh that brought julius berger to nigeria according to the narrator
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by CyberG: 4:20am On Oct 06, 2012
Sky Blue: Listening to Sardauna's northenisation policy of the civil service in the north was a tad shocking. 'If we can't get a northerner to fill the post on a permanent basis we'll try and get a white man on contract, if we can't get a white man on contract, THEN, we'll consider other Nigerians'.

Why is is shocking? I am sure you were NOT alive then to see it but what he is talking about is very obvious today and was he so right?! What he said is an accurate depiction of iboz and that is the same attitude iboz put up to most other Nigerians until they irritate most Nigerians and mistakenly do something stupi.d again! Then, all hell breaks lose! Is it not funny that ibozland with a land size just about that of Oyo state alone move to other people's land and start to insult them there because of this Federal style of government. Why should the Sardauna accept their empty boastfulness, thinking they are better than other Nigerians and shouldn't they be put in their place? Well, let iboz go and get a job in iboland and turn it into Canaan if they can but stop seeking employment in the north, west, south south or middle belt. Shikenan!

3 Likes

Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by SkyBlue1: 6:14am On Oct 06, 2012
shymexx: All your founding founders were TRIBALISTS,[s] except the ones from Lagos, and the Ransome Kuti family(including Wole Soyinka)[/s]... I still don't know why they formed a country together - when they knew darn well they can't live together... undecided

Corrected!

CyberG:

Why is is shocking? I am sure you were NOT alive then to see it but what he is talking about is very obvious today and was he so right?! What he said is an accurate depiction of iboz and that is the same attitude iboz put up to most other Nigerians until they irritate most Nigerians and mistakenly do something stupi.d again! Then, all hell breaks lose! Is it not funny that ibozland with a land size just about that of Oyo state alone move to other people's land and start to insult them there because of this Federal style of government. Why should the Sardauna accept their empty boastfulness, thinking they are better than other Nigerians and shouldn't they be put in their place? Well, let iboz go and get a job in iboland and turn it into Canaan if they can but stop seeking employment in the north, west, south south or middle belt. Shikenan!

Please just ignore my post, I don't engage racists so all you sorts just keep walking!
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by sheyguy: 6:59am On Oct 06, 2012
Precedence order : Northerners 1st, Whites 2nd, and then other Nigerians. . . But never Iboz.
The man saw what even fela didn't see . . .

2 Likes

Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by SkyBlue1: 7:08am On Oct 06, 2012
asha 80:

so you did not know about this till now?

There is a difference between 'knowing about it' and just hearing him speak about it so lackadaisically, it was just unnerving. It was like watching and listening to Abacha disolve all civil societies with the utterance of the word. When I watch that clip again from time to time after all these years, there is just something eerie about it. There seemed nothing nationally idealistic about any of the founding fathers even though they sounded more educated than all the people to come after them combined. It was all about power and the only constant that has remained through it all has been the culpability of the Nigerian people, always happy to be divided to be conquered. I guess why I was a tad shocked was because it was like I just saw the future. Nothing has changed and Nigeria might just be doomed to repeat that same cycle.
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by asha80(m): 7:10am On Oct 06, 2012
Sky Blue:

There is a difference between 'knowing about it' and just hearing him speak about it so lackadaisically, it was just unnerving. It was like watching and listening to Abacha disolve all civil societies with the utterance of the word. When I watch that clip again from time to time after all these years, there is just something eerie about it. There seemed nothing nationally idealistic about any of the founding fathers even though they sounded more educated than all the people to come after them combined. It was all about power and the only constant that has remained through it all has been the culpability of the Nigerian people, always happy to be divided to be conquered. I guess why I was a tad shocked was because it was like I just saw the future. Nothing has changed and that country might just be doomed to repeat that same cycle.

hehe na so now.as per repeating the same cycle i am just a bit unnerved by this 2015 of a thing.
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by Werehkpe: 11:50pm On Oct 07, 2012
Please is there any word like "fra" in ibo?
Am just trying to understand where the name "BIAFRA" came from

it sounds like 2 words
"BIA" meaning come in ibo
FRA a short of France
To me it sounds like BIAFRA means Come France?

Going by the video France supplied the ibo military. Obviously, the French wanted to get the oil wealth of Nigeria

English supplied the Nigerian military to continue their stronghold on the oil wealth.

1 Like

Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by Dede1(m): 12:13am On Oct 08, 2012

This is one of the major reasons that triggered January 15, 1966 coup. Also Ironsi promulgated decree 34 to unify Nigerian civil service but those who want Nigeria in a sorry situation labeled it unitary move. As long as I live, it is my cardinal duty to preach the idea of disintegration of cesspit call Nigeria.
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by sbeezy8: 12:18am On Oct 08, 2012

he lol- that guy was off the rocker some will come and claim awo introduced tribalism..... sure
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by triplem16: 2:46am On Oct 08, 2012
CyberG:

IDIOT DON'T YOU LOVE CRUDE OIL IN OUR LAND THAT HAD YOU GUY 'S TURN UP SIDE DOWN SCREAMING ONE NAIJERIA ONE NAIJERIA .YOU KNOW YOU LIKE IGBO'S ,WE AND YOU GUY'S GET ALONG JUST LIKE WATER AND OIL . EARLIER THE BETTER IF YOU GUY'S COULD BUR YOUR SHAME AND JEALOUSY AND MOVE ON AND LEAVE OLD SOUTH EAST JUST AS GOD HAD MADE IT . GET THE Bleep OUT YOU ONE NIGERIA CHOIR AND TOWN CRIERS. WE NOT YOUR BROTHER WE ARE NOT RELATED PERIOD.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by triplem16: 2:49am On Oct 08, 2012
CyberG:

IDIOT DON'T YOU LOVE CRUDE OIL IN OUR LAND THAT HAD YOU GUY 'S TURN UP SIDE DOWN SCREAMING ONE NAIJERIA ONE NAIJERIA .YOU KNOW YOU LIKE IGBO'S ,WE AND YOU GUY'S GET ALONG JUST LIKE WATER AND OIL . EARLIER THE BETTER IF YOU GUY'S COULD BUR YOUR SHAME AND JEALOUSY AND MOVE ON AND LEAVE OLD SOUTH EAST JUST AS GOD HAD MADE IT . GET THE Bleep OUT YOU ONE NIGERIA CHOIR AND TOWN CRIERS. WE NOT YOUR BROTHER WE ARE NOT RELATED PERIOD.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by triplem16: 2:49am On Oct 08, 2012
CyberG:

1 Like

Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by Werehkpe: 10:54pm On Oct 08, 2012
i wonder why dis is not on d front page? WE R TALKING ABOUT NIGERIA (and Nairalands) history
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by Nobody: 2:28am On Oct 20, 2012
grin @ Rob Zombie in the soundtrack!
I finally got a chance to watch this interesting doc and its nice to see it left on a postive note addressing everyone on an individual basis.Ive read and seen alot about Nigerian history and it was nice to see it put in order and rather clearly(except I had to make myself focus to pay attention to read while music was playing)Thanks@ poster for sharing this.

1 Like

Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by Justcash(m): 10:11am On Dec 02, 2012
Why was this video ignored? Why was it not placed on the front page? WHY IS IT THAT NAIRALAND MODERATORS HATE THE TRUTH?
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by Afam4eva(m): 10:26am On Dec 02, 2012
asha 80: is there anyway i can download this?
With orbit downloader you'll be able to download it.

shymexx: All your founding founders were TRIBALISTS, except the ones from Lagos, and the Ransome Kuti family(including Wole Soyinka)... I still don't know why they formed a country together - when they knew darn well they can't live together... undecided
One of the problems i have with Nigerians is that they think everyone else is corrupt except them. That's why Nigeria may never move forward.
Re: The Real Story Of Nigeria (north, East And South) by T9ksy(m): 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2012
CyberG:

Why is is shocking? I am sure you were NOT alive then to see it but what he is talking about is very obvious today and was he so right?!

[b]What he said is an accurate depiction of iboz and that is the same attitude iboz put up to most other Nigerians[/b]until they irritate most Nigerians and mistakenly do something stupi.d again! Then, all hell breaks lose! Is it not funny that ibozland with a land size just about that of Oyo state alone move to other people's land and start to insult them there because of this Federal style of government. Why should the Sardauna accept their empty boastfulness, thinking they are better than other Nigerians and shouldn't they be put in their place? Well, let iboz go and get a job in iboland and turn it into Canaan if they can but stop seeking employment in the north, west, south south or middle belt. Shikenan!

Akintola made similar assertions in his campaign speech in '65. The sardunna was chosen by his people to look out for their interest first

and foremost. Its not in their interest if the ibos takes over most of their civil service posts. where will that leave sardunna's people? They will become

servants and maids to the ibos in their own ancestral land just 'cause of one pseudo One nigeria, which no one except the migrant group in the country, believe

in. The only time ibos believe in one nigeria is when they can marginalise the indigenes otherwise, its "To your tents, oh jews", that's, Biafra here we come.

(1) (Reply)

Non-alcoholic Beer In The Market / PIX: Boko Haram Armoured Tank Destroyed By Camerounian Army As Troops Rout 600 / Oyo State Government Denies Privatizing Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.