Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? (28861 Views)

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? / AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
engineerd: i really hope they add OPPAN Gangnam style to the list of dances soon...now that will be a site to behold!!!
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by tintingz(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
Rhapsody!:

And David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod 2 Samuel 6:14 .
I guess you did not see this verse BEFORE the one you quoted. Could we always try to read and understand the bible within the context it was said. The bible specifically mentioned David was "girded with a linen ephod". A priestly garment by the way. The issue was that in the course of his "leaping and jumping" some parts of his body (certainly not private parts) were exposed. It was not a royal thing to ordinarily happen. Micah was concerned more about females, not even the males (note that). Maybe she did not want them getting ideas or it was just an appearance kind of a thing. "I am royalty and so must not condescend to do this in their presence". We can only guess."When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, "How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, disrobing in the sight of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!. 2 Samuel 6:20. I think it was the fact that the girls were there that irked her most. So no, David did not dance naked.
you are tryna twist the bible scripture using another version. . .
1. Michol opposed David for dancing "uncovering" himself in the presence of his servants and yes he danced with his might and nake.d or are you there when he's doing it? cuz Michol said to him "uncovering" nothing like exposed body or garment was mention. . .i quoted the verse out and i did'nt get the reason she did'nt had no child.
2. King David did'nt dance in the temple of God nor use it in form of worshiping God. . .he only danced because he's happy and joyful to God for the ark as been returned to his kingdom. . .again he didn't danced it as a worship, i danced when am happy on something or in parties buh not in the house of God.
Again i asked did Jesus danced to communicate to God since you are christ-like?
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Wised(m): 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
Hmmm d church hs entered into d world,dat ws y late apostle joseph ayo babalola said a tym shal cum wen pples wuld nt find it interestin 2 worship in church bt in der own house,xtains bware of d church u go,dancin azonto n alanta in d house of God is bad,d bible said we shud save God in truth n in spirit

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by chosenst: 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
No wonder God showed a pastor that all 'Christians' that have died are all in hell fire! How would that not be when they have married the world, brought the world into the church rather than giving the world the church! when they have forgotten that God cannot be mocked, you reap what you sow. If you sow to the flesh you will reap destruction..Galatians 6:7-8. And when they have been told to separate themselves from the world, but they have refused the voice of the saviour. How are they going to escape the Judgement of God? Including their Pastors and G.O's how are they going to escape for misleading the flocks? Pls readers follow this link and read about so called big pastors that God has warned to repent and stop leading their members to hell. http://mypenmypaper./2012/06/26/top-nigerian-pastors-seen-in-hell-[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by haibe(m): 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
Toks2008: As far as i am concerned, dance steps remain dance steps.

I have been dancing Kukere many years back and for your information, Kukere is a cultural dance in calabar just like awilo is the dance steps of Benin rep just like we have apala in yoruba culture.

I wonder why people worry their heads over trival issues like dance steps.

I can dance with my head for all i care if that is how i feel like praising GOD.

Please lets discuss something more reasonable.

Did you read the previous posts, if you dint, we talked about things that fuels such dances and the negative effect it can have in the church, when you see anyone dancing kukere today, will you ever think its as a result of the calabar culture?? Or the music kukere?

This dance is now associated with a worldly song and christians should avoid it, you dont have to dance azonto to praise God, like i posted in the previous page, satan is very wise, he knows what he is doing, you can be in church dancing azonto and kukere when satan will use the advantage to bring the lyrics of that song to ur thought, and what next? You are lost in the service, you might even start imagining the worldly images in the song while in the church and this can fuel a desire to lust after a sister in the church.etc

I understand how music can influence a christian life, satan has used them against me before, you might think notin is wrong in dancing those dance but satan starts from the thought once he has brought the memory of the song associated with the dance to you.

Thats why i will use this medium to tell you brothers ans sisters to be careful with the type of songs you listen to, they really can influence you
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by chiteny(m): 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
My little contribution: Not all dance are to be danced in church. The intent i believe of most of the azonto and kukere dance u see in church these days is not to the glory of God but to fulfillment of the desires of the flesh. For those saying we could dance any style we want as long as it is in church and done "in the name of Jesus" its okay. Would you recommend the dance in the picture to be done in church "in the name of Jesus" since all dance are welcome undecided?

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Toks2008(m): 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
haibe:

Did you read the previous posts, if you dint, we talked about things that fuels such dances and the negative effect it can have in the church, when you see anyone dancing kukere today, will you ever think its as a result of the calabar culture??

This dance is now associated with a worldly song and christians should avoid it, you dont have to dance azonto to praise God, like a posted above satan is very wise, he knows what he is doing, you can be in church dancing azonto and kukere when satan will use the adv antage to bring the lyrics of that song to ur thought, and what next? You are lost in the service, you might even start imagining the worldly images in the song while in the church and this can fuel a desire to lust after a sister in the church.etc

I understand how music can influence a christian life, satan has used them against me before, you might think notin is wrong in dancing those dance but satan starts from the thought once he has brought the memory of the song associated with the dance to you.

Thats why i will use this mediun to tell you brothers ans sisters to be careful with the type of songs you listen to, they really can influence you

Na wa o, is cgristianity now bondage?

As far as im concerned, the Bible is my standard and i see nothing wrong in dancing the way you fel like because the world is dancing the same. Does this mean we will stop visisting where the people of the world are visiting, and also not eating what they are eating?

We have made life difficult for ourselves as christians. Infact you cant sing a sercular song now and claim to be Born again.

Looking at the KUkere song isteslf, i see nothing sinful in the song and azonto is a comical dance so lets not give ourselve headache over this dance issue.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Toks2008(m): 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
undecided
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Rhapsody1(f): 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
tintingz: you are tryna twist the bible scripture using another version. . .
1. Michol opposed David for dancing "uncovering" himself in the presence of his servants and yes he danced with his might and nake.d or are you there when he's doing it? cuz Michol said to him "uncovering" nothing like exposed body or garment was mention. . .i quoted the verse out and i did'nt get the reason she did'nt had no child.
2. King David did'nt dance in the temple of God nor use it in form of worshiping God. . .he only danced because he's happy and joyful to God for the ark as been returned to his kingdom. . .again he didn't danced it as a worship, i danced when am happy on something or in parties buh not in the house of God.
Again i asked did Jesus danced to communicate to God since you are christ-like?
I think what I quoted was in black and white, not twisting. But, no problem. I cannot force the scriptures on you.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by IYANGBALI: 6:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
That is why I like catholic church,c a c,the apostolic,baptist church and Anglican church.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Toks2008(m): 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
All my ladies
All my ladies
Nse nse decale (oya decale)
*D tunes* on the beat
ale, ale ale
All my ladies
All my ladies

Kukere kukere kukere
I get money o
Kukere kukere kukere
Oya make we rock o
Sangele sangele sangele
Till the early morning o
Sangele sangele sangele

oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye

Thankful for all he has done
So me I wanna have some fun
Steady rocking to the early morn
Call your friends dem, make dem come
Yes you could see a star was born
I am a Don Corleone
Come get some
I am on the run
Enemies dem fire burn

Who God don bless e
No man can curse e
You say, you say

ale, ale ale
Kukere kukere kukere
I get money o
Kukere kukere kukere
Oya make we rock o
Sangele sangele sangele
Till the early morning o
Sangele sangele sangele

oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye

All my ladies
All my ladies
All my ladies
All my ladies

Today na for jolly e
So shakey ur body
This one na happy day
Oya make we dey rock o

Kukere kukere kukere
I get money o
Kukere kukere kukere
Oya make we rock o
Sangele sangele sangele
Till the early morning o
Sangele sangele sangele

oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye

All my ladies (na so o)
All my ladies (na so o)
Nse nse decale (oya decale) (na so o)
Etighi (5x)

Who God don bless e
No man can curse e
You say, you say

ale, ale ale
Kukere kukere kukere
I get money o
Kukere kukere kukere
Oya make we rock o
Sangele sangele sangele
Till the early morning o
Sangele sangele sangele

oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye

I am a Born again spirit filled heaven bound believer ANDI SEE NOTHING WRONG IN THIS SONG OR DANCE STEPS. HABBA[b]
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by BrutusOj(m): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
This is why my catholic faith/belive wu keep stayin at d top..at least we re so disciplined in d house of God..How do u dance azonto,kukere,yahoozee,awilo to d tune of HYMS?wch Rev.father wu permit all dos dance steps inside d holy synagoue?
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Rhapsody1(f): 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
haibe: Hey guys please, there is nothing wrong in being religious as some of us think, being religious doesnt make you an hypocrite, infact we have some religious rites like the lord supper, water baptism..etc so i dont know why some people here are condemning religion. Of course we shouldnt serve God as if we are bound to but that doesnt mean being religious is bad, Jesus condemned the hypocrisy of the pharisees not their being religious, if they were religious and practicing what they teach jesus wouldnt have condemned them.

So pls guys, there is difference in being religious and being an hypocrite.

This is exactly my point. Jesus condemned the pharisees because they believed and tried to make others too that their keeping the law, being all nice and all gave them a ticket to heaven. Remember the story Jesus told about the pharisee and tax collector that went to pray. See the content of the man's prayer and how Jesus responded to it. If that was so, Jesus did not need to come and die. Religion is trying to do all the required things to please a deity and in return, you expect him do bless you. And so because you do so and so, God is expected to do so and so. Those things in themselves, even as you mentioned above are not bad in itself. But it is idolatry to think that they are what will take you to heaven. Paul said it is no longer I but Christ who lives and works in me. He also said it is not by works so no man can boast. Do you understand that. Christianity is not about dos and donts. Carefully study the book of 1 Corithians. Once you give your life to Christ, you ask for and receive the Holy Spirit. Listen to Him, let him order your steps. And do not ever think you are so good, cos our rightoeusness is filthy before God. It is only in Christ, that we are declared righteous. And not because we did any good thing. Infact, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us Rm 5:8. Once you accept Him, you are declared "righteous". The Holy Spirit is will now guide you as you grow into maturity. It is not by works, it is grace. So drop your religious mindset.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Toks2008(m): 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
Toks2008:

Na wa o, is cgristianity now bondage?

As far as im concerned, the Bible is my standard and i see nothing wrong in dancing the way you fel like because the world is dancing the same. Does this mean we will stop visisting where the people of the world are visiting, and also not eating what they are eating?

We have made life difficult for ourselves as christians. Infact you cant sing a sercular song now and claim to be Born again.

Looking at the KUkere song isteslf, i see nothing sinful in the song and azonto is a comical dance so lets not give ourselve headache over this dance issue.

dance (dns)
v. danced, danc·ing, danc·es
v.intr.
1. To move rhythmically usually to music, using prescribed or improvised steps and gestures.
a. To leap or skip about excitedly.
b. To appear to flash or twinkle: eyes that danced with merriment.
c. Informal To appear to skip about; vacillate: danced around the issue.
3. To bob up and down.
v.tr.
1. To engage in or perform (a dance).
2. To cause to dance.
3. To bring to a particular state or condition by dancing: My partner danced me to exhaustion.
n.
1. A series of motions and steps, usually performed to music.
2. The art of dancing: studied dance in college.
3. A party or gathering of people for dancing; a ball.
4. One round or turn of dancing: May I have this dance?
5. A musical or rhythmical piece composed or played for dancing.
6. The act or an instance of dancing.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by expert1(m): 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
acidosis™:
I have made up my mind never to attend some churches again...

These are churches I so much admire but I found out lately that worldliness is now the order of the day..
Tears almost dropped from my eyes seeing Christians (youths especially) using these dance steps right in front of G.O ..

The other day, I was in a Church where the keyboardist played a D'banj beat - Oliver twist . .and the whole scene look just like a remix..

..is there something am missing? cos some people believe it is good to do these things in THE CHURCH OF GOD.."atleast we are glorifying God" "it is better to do these things so our youths don't end up in clubs"..
ok then, can we also smoke/drink in church?? atleast we wouldn't be going out there in the midst of sinners.. since the Bible says we shouldn't mingle with unbelievers.

Please I will appreciate cogent answers and arguments..

haven't you read 2 Samuel 6 vs 14.when King David danced.... it is not for you to complain about what type of dance I give to my God.

You don hear?
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Detonatorrex(m): 6:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
Toks2008: All my ladies
All my ladies
*D tunes* on the beat
ale, ale ale
All my ladies
All my ladies

Kukere kukere kukere
I get money o
Kukere kukere kukere
Oya make we rock o
Sangele sangele sangele
Till the early morning o
Sangele sangele sangele

oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye

Thankful for all he has done
So me I wanna have some fun
Steady rocking to the early morn
Call your friends dem, make dem come
Yes you could see a star was born
I am a Don Corleone
Come get some
I am on the run
Enemies dem fire burn

Who God don bless e
No man can curse e
You say, you say

ale, ale ale
Kukere kukere kukere
I get money o
Kukere kukere kukere
Oya make we rock o
Sangele sangele sangele
Till the early morning o
Sangele sangele sangele

oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye

All my ladies
All my ladies
All my ladies
All my ladies

Today na for jolly e
So shakey ur body
This one na happy day
Oya make we dey rock o

Kukere kukere kukere
I get money o
Kukere kukere kukere
Oya make we rock o
Sangele sangele sangele
Till the early morning o
Sangele sangele sangele

oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye

All my ladies (na so o)
All my ladies (na so o)
Nse nse decale (oya decale) (na so o)
Etighi (5x)

Who God don bless e
No man can curse e
You say, you say

ale, ale ale
Kukere kukere kukere
I get money o
Kukere kukere kukere
Oya make we rock o
Sangele sangele sangele
Till the early morning o
Sangele sangele sangele

oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye
oohhh na na na na
ye ye ye ye ye

I am a Born again spirit filled heaven bound believer ANDI SEE NOTHING WRONG IN THIS SONG OR DANCE STEPS. HABBA[b]
talking about this song,have you watched the video?
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
engineerd: i really hope they add OPPAN Gangnam style to the list of dances soon...now that will be a site to behold!!!
will try psy's horse dance in service tomorrow lol
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
chosenst: No wonder God showed a pastor that all 'Christians' that have died are all in hell fire! How would that not be when they have married the world, brought the world into the church rather than giving the world the church! when they have forgotten that God cannot be mocked, you reap what you sow. If you sow to the flesh you will reap destruction..Galatians 6:7-8. And when they have been told to separate themselves from the world, but they have refused the voice of the saviour. How are they going to escape the Judgement of God? Including their Pastors and G.O's how are they going to escape for misleading the flocks? Pls readers follow this link and read about so called big pastors that God has warned to repent and stop leading their members to hell. http://mypenmypaper./2012/06/26/top-nigerian-pastors-seen-in-hell-[color=#990000][/color]
heh
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by haibe(m): 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
Rhapsody!:

This is exactly my point. Jesus condemned the pharisees because they believed and tried to make others too that their keeping the law, being all nice and all gave them a ticket to heaven. Remember the story Jesus told about the pharisee and tax collector that went to pray. See the content of the man's prayer and how Jesus responded to it. If that was so, Jesus did not need to come and die. Religion is trying to do all the required things to please a deity and in return, you expect him do bless you. And so because you do so and so, God is expected to do so and so. Those things in themselves, even as you mentioned above are not bad in itself. But it is idolatry to think that they are what will take you to heaven. Paul said it is no longer I but Christ who lives and works in me. He also said it is not by works so no man can boast. Do you understand that. Christianity is not about dos and donts. Carefully study the book of 1 Corithians. Once you give your life to Christ, you ask for and receive the Holy Spirit. Listen to Him, let him order your steps. And do not ever think you are so good, cos our rightoeusness is filthy before God. It is only in Christ, that we are declared righteous. And not because we did any good thing. Infact, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us Rm 5:8. Once you accept Him, you are declared "righteous". The Holy Spirit is will now guide you as you grow into maturity. It is not by works, it is grace. So drop your religious mindset.

OK i think your problem is that you dont know what religion is:

re·li·gion
[ri-lij-uhn]
- noun
1. belief in and worship of a God or other superhuman agency
2. particular system of these beliefs

So now that you know the meaning, is it a sin to be religious? Where in my post did i say christianity is all about dos and dont, all i said is that Jesus condemed hypocrisy, not religion, the passage you cited in the scripture even go against ur point, where in my post did i say salvation is by works, every christian knows eph 2:8.
Did i ever say those religious rites will take you to heaven?? Infact your definition of religion of doing tins to please God is for you, no one recognises that definition

How on earth can you think religion is bad, Jesus commanded christians to preach the gospel does that me we shouldnt because we are not to practice religion.

Confusion all the way, read your bible well, to be religious is not a sin, the apostles talked about abolishing the things of the law and not leaving religion. Even though christianity is having a personal relationship with God, we have some religious rites which we are to perform like preaching the gospel to every creature, water baptism..etc

Please dont let us drift from the actual topic abeg
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by tintingz(m): 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
Rhapsody!:

I think what I quoted was in black and white, not twisting. But, no problem. I cannot force the scriptures on you.
owkay. . .God bless grin

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by tintingz(m): 7:16pm On Oct 06, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Did Jesus even dance at all? So what's your point?
No he did'nt danced buh christians do tongue
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2012
ehie: will try psy's horse dance in service tomorrow lol
better don't lead others to sin
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
acidosis™:

better don't lead others to sin
and i will be at the front row
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Kaellivi(m): 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
Only God knows those that worship him in spirit and in truth.Before the advent of christianity people danced to their various pagan gods,those same dance steps are what we see in christianity today,no dance step today was invented by the church,it doesnt matter who invented d dance steps,what matters is that you use it to glorify God,we dont care if scientists are christians yet we use their microphones,speakers,light bulbs etc in church,u u are not bothered that the cbn governor is a muslim yet you use currency notes with his name and signature for your tithes and offerings,what about christmas being fixed on dsame day as a pagan celebration? Dont u celebrate christmas?.......work out your salvation,serve God as HIS Spirit leads you
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Kaellivi(m): 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
Rhapsody!:
The main problem of Christians is that they act, live, believe that Christianity is a religion. A dos and don'ts thingy. Christ said that He came so that we Can have life IN ABUNDANCE, TO THE FULL. Have you ever wondered why the only people Jesus woed were the pharisees and Sadducees? These were the teachers of the Law! They have every law of Moses at the finger tip. They obeyed them strictly. And yet, these same people were the ones that got woed by the Lord. He called them white washed tombs, good on the outside but dead inside. Paul described it as "having a form of godliness but denying its power"2 Timothy 3:5. He also said that they refuse to enter the kingdom and also try to prevent others from entering too, ""What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people's faces. You won't go in yourselves, and you don't let others enter either" Matthew 23:13.
They were still the ones that planned and ensured he was killed. They were the same ones that payed the guards to spread lies about His resurrection. Do you know why? Religious mindset. And that is one of the biggest problems of the church today. Think about Paul, what he was before his encounter with Christ and what he became after.

Once you give your life to Christ, the bible says, you are a new creature, child of a King. You are to ask and you will be filled with the Holy Spirit. He will direct your every step except you are not listening. So OP, are you a Christian? Are you Spirit Filled? Who created music and dance? God. And the bible says that God looked at all He made and said it was good. Same bible tells me to do everything to the Glory of God. Why would a dance step God's child is dancing to the glory of God be a problem, whether in church or outside? You see, we leave substance and chase shadows. Satan delights in keeping Christians so occupied with irrelevant matters while the main thing we have been called to is left unattended. SOUL WINNING. See 1 John 2:20. And note that he was even talking to babes in the Lord, not elders. So what I always tell a Christian is this, listen to the Holy Spirit who lives not in church building but in you. Also read the whole chapter of 1 Corinthians 10. These Christians had their own questions, should we do this, or not. Take special note of how Paul tackled their questions. If you prefer a solemn assembly kind of church, no problem. Jesus said the time is coming and is now here when we shall neither worship God at sokoto or Jamaica, but that true worshippers will worship in spirit and truth John 4:21-24 (pls read this using the living bible translation). The one who wants to worship in a non solemn assembly church, no problem. Just ensure you worship in truth and in spirit, and bro, you can never go wrong. Because the Holy Spirit in you will never lead you to do something contrary. Christians, could we drop this religious mindset. It is not keeping the rules and laws that gets you to heaven. There are a lot of good nice people who are great moralist but will still not make heaven. Why? There is only one way, Jesus Christ. There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved" Acts 4:12. That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" Romans 10:9. It is accepting and confessing the Lordship of Jesus Christ over your life. And pls constantly study(not just read) the bible, cos peeps perish out of ignorance.
so true
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by haibe(m): 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Rhapsody!:

James 2:20-24
King James Version (KJV)
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is
dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he
had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works
was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham
believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness:
and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not
by faith only.

I hope this passage helps you to understand better, we still have some works to perform as christians, so i see no reason why you should tell me i should drop religious rites layed dowm by the bible like lords supper..etc.

Of course having faith in Jesus is what saves but you cant then avoid works layed down, works does not save though but faith without works is dead, infact you have a part to play in acquiring salvation like repentance, God wouldnt force anyone who doesnt want to repent to come to christ.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by hoomogh(m): 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
†ђξ. Bible d̶̲̥̅̊ά̲̣̥τ̣̣̥ says we shouldn't dance , pls bring It Αηδ lets see... Anyway , anyhow, we should all praise G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅' in different voice, languages,... praise Ħȉм with Ʊя̲ last breathe !!! Dont criticise dance steps in †ђξ house ȏƒ G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅' ...
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by binbass(m): 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
A religion without a constitution is fake.

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by amypaul(f): 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
It does not Matter.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by nagoma(m): 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
It's better to dance as Jesus danced. ( did he actually dance in his church? ) . I don't know, please educate me.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by haibe(m): 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
People cite david as an example of why christians can dance anyhow but when it comes to certain issues, they say we are in the new testament era and the old things are not for christians, did the early apstles even dance when they were gathered together in Jesus name? No place in the bible records that and we are here citing david as an example on why we should dance anyhow.

Na una know, dance any how you like in church and one day you will realise that the church is no less than a night club, shebi na this new age called civilised world, just wait and see.

Dance azonto, alanta..etc, drift the attention of pple from hearing the word to entertainment by dancing.

Satan i dey feel you jhor? They are spiritually blind, ever learning but not able to come to the knowlege of the truth.

But my brothers who really want to know the truth, i will say this:

1) Do you think jesus would have danced in church at all when the word needs to be preached to strengthen believers in this end time?

2) If at all he would dance, is it to dances that have been associated with worldliness??

If you think he would you can go ahead to dance azonto and please your flesh in church, if not, you know what to do.

But like i said earlier, dont be suprised when going to church becomes a substitute for going to club house, its only a matter of time, satan is really working, i dey feel the guy, he is damn smart.

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Loftyboy: 8:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
That is why i like deeper life bible church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian / Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). / God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.