Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? (28860 Views)

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? / AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2012
romeo: This shitty country called Nigeria is full of religious fanatics. That is the main reason they burn young students to death.
am still trying to comprehend this..
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Aluweezy(m): 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2012
Lmao..i dance azonto for church today oo..e bad? undecided
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by echibuzor: 11:39pm On Oct 07, 2012
I dont know about Azonto but the dance employed in Kukere is actually 'etighi'. And it is d traditional dance for SouthSouth pple of Nigeria. If u Komole or Rababa in Church as a Yoruba person, is it a sin?.... food for thought.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 1:30am On Oct 08, 2012
Op your kind is exactly one of the problems Nigeria is facing today "over religious thereby judging everyone else". Your mind is what's committing sin here not the church "kukerass"

Quit being a critics arss and join the dance line.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Jeffy1206(m): 8:00am On Oct 08, 2012
replies here are most disgusting.do u really knw wat coms to mind wen dere do dis steps 'oh i wish i was in ma rum with dat mini sket girl' so on and so forth...

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by gurusoft55: 11:19am On Oct 08, 2012
ochuko eja: Ya'll remind me of david's wife who accused him of dancing too hard. Remember God made her barren for that. And those of u sayin you'll rather worship than praises, let's not forget that he also inhabits d praise of his children. While I'm not disputin d fact that when it comes to dancin, youths tend to go too far. Let's not be quick to call a dance step ungodly. Kukere is a calabar dance step, azonto is a ghanaian dance step, so u cannot term it ungodly because musicians from d secular world made it popular
I like this, but how did the dance steps come into existence. Who invented them and what influenced them or what was on your minds when they did? Think answers to these questions will help us.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by 2ts: 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2012
U talked about dance in d
Church,i wOuld like to also add that most of the youths who sing wordly song were once choristers.

Its a pity that the age we live in is fast forgeting values and burying culture.

Our youths even bring cars they got from illegal means to church without fear of the wrath of God falling while the pastors celebrate and even thank God that the congregation is prospering.

Gone are those days dat witches and wizards get scared of going to church foir fear of being exposed.

We need to start teaching morals from home,we need to tell our youths about fables and superstitious stories that send fears to the mind rather than preach mercy and grace.

I quite agree with you that dance steps be moderated because it can distract others amongst other behavioural attitudes.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by nagoma(m): 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
The Devil is gradually taking over. He is already in charge in some of the churches.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by haibe(m): 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
Did the early apostles of christ like paul and the rest dance at all whenever they worshipped??
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by truthislight: 7:49am On Oct 09, 2012
Kslib:
You get mind dey laff abi? Common cough wey person cough for muslim section,you go ban the person till 2099...

why will Maclatunji not laugh?

Look at the role model that the church and church goers have!

Look at the filth and lustful desires and intent from your heart and mouth!

The so call church is open to all sort of spirit and you ask him not to laugh?

Please, dont be blind, open your eyes for your lives sake.

*sigh* dancing "Awilo" in the church.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by truthislight: 8:34am On Oct 09, 2012
tintingz: 20. And David returned to bless his own house: and Michol the daughter of Saul coming out to meet David, said: How glorious was the king of Israel to day, uncovering himself before the handmaids of his servants, and was nake.d, as if one of the buffoons should be nake.d.
did i not read here that Michol said to David he was dancing nake.d in front of his servants?. . .moreover christians use this verse and some other verses to back up their dancing stunt when all this didn't happen in the temple buh just a sign of joy and happiness to God not a form of worshiping God. . .since christianity means christ-like i believe the way they should pray and worship must go with the way christ Jesus glorify his father in the bible. . .buh i didn't read where Jesus is dancing to communicate to God or preached it to his disciples.

even a muslim gets the sense of this scripture than those carrying it.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by truthislight: 8:37am On Oct 09, 2012
Rhapsody!:

And David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod 2 Samuel 6:14 .

I guess you did not see this verse BEFORE the one you quoted. Could we always try to read and understand the bible within the context it was said. The bible specifically mentioned David was "girded with a linen ephod". A priestly garment by the way. The issue was that in the course of his "leaping and jumping" some parts of his body (certainly not private parts) were exposed. It was not a royal thing to ordinarily happen. Micah was concerned more about females, not even the males (note that). Maybe she did not want them getting ideas or it was just an appearance kind of a thing. "I am royalty and so must not condescend to do this in their presence". We can only guess."When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, "How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, disrobing in the sight of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!. 2 Samuel 6:20. I think it was the fact that the girls were there that irked her most. So no, David did not dance naked.

this dance was not done in the ample is the bone here.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Thok(m): 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
Dance na Dance, but moderation should be the Watchword.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by darealez(m): 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2012
3gnet: fine but you mentioned head covering in d churh, really don't know wht u mean. Are u saying it is good for a lady not to cover her head in d chuirch?
I doubt the fact that mentioned anything about head covering from my piece earlier but i'd like to say this, man's ways and thought might change but God's standards doesn't change no matter what! Females are expected to cover there head no matter what.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by sammy329(m): 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
I don't think its right because We are to Worship God in d beauty of holiness
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:28pm On Oct 10, 2012
Acidos always on top of the list brother wats with u?If its not dancing its categorising christians,if not that its politics!
Or clothing!
Now please tell me here,I bet next u will be saying how internet is evil
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Acidos always on top of the list brother wats with u?If its not dancing its categorising christians,if not that its politics!
Or clothing!
Now please tell me here,I bet next u will be saying how internet is evil
lmao. . . .I've taught about it dear.. I think lately, I've been trying to make people accept my principle.. but I've discovered how impossible it is.
As someone earlier said.."live and lets live" - thats my new watch word.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by ubong560(m): 11:30am On Nov 09, 2012
D truth is dat dos who called demselvs xtians are nt really ones. They've been xposed and proned 2 sin. If nt, how do they knw d song and its dancing steps in d 1st place. Dat means they must av bin imbibed in many atrocities either by goin 2 clubs, watching and paying concentration on pple dancing it in d street, or even buying d cds frm d mrkt to play, watch and dance in their houses. A christian by all reason supos 2 live an exemplary life frm people of d world. How would ur hrt glorify God wen externally God frowns at u? Dos secular dances ar nt meant 4 church pls and we shldn't practice it in d Holy place. Thanks
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by toygod2: 10:38pm On Nov 09, 2012
wots rong wit it
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Elgaxton(m): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2012
acidosis™:
I have made up my mind never to attend some churches again...

These are churches I so much admire but I found out lately that worldliness is now the order of the day..
Tears almost dropped from my eyes seeing Christians (youths especially) using these dance steps right in front of G.O ..

The other day, I was in a Church where the keyboardist played a D'banj beat - Oliver twist . .and the whole scene look just like a remix..

..is there something am missing? cos some people believe it is good to do these things in THE CHURCH OF GOD.."atleast we are glorifying God" "it is better to do these things so our youths don't end up in clubs"..
ok then, can we also smoke/drink in church?? atleast we wouldn't be going out there in the midst of sinners.. since the Bible says we shouldn't mingle with unbelievers.

Please I will appreciate cogent answers and arguments..

Honestly speaking I get pissed off when people want to conver the church of God to a glorified club, as a keyboard player. I purposely made up my mind not to learn the African Genre of music called AWILO. Why? anytime I hear the beat and awilo music in general, I just have this picture of ladies is Pants and Bra dancing. I don't think this in anyway depicts the purpose for worship. Nevertheless, this is my own view of it all cos someone else may genuinely be caught up in WORSHIP ECSTASY while such music is going on. Infact some pastors don't even know the music as awilo, they just feel it as a nice groove.

Bottom-line is that God is interested in what is in your heart and as the bible declares, He that worships God must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by dhardline(m): 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
If you say you truly love the Lord God you will always strive to please him no matter the consequence so if you are told that a particular act is bad and hence a sin and you know that there is a slim chance that it might be true then you should just flee from it instead of looking for reasons to justify the act cause you no longer want to please your self but please the ALMIGHTY GOD.

New International Version (NIV)

21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by 1Godfather(m): 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
Fascinating..

OP, so as the praise session was going on, you weren't moved or touched or even inspired to praise God or to dance in your own way? All you were careful to do was to look around you making mental notes of the way others were dancing away their sorrows and problems to God. Are you also one of these people who is fond of looking around at others to see how they pray--whether they pray with eyes closed or not; whether they pray silently or vigorously? We were made to understand that King David was overcome with great joy in the house of God that he danced so vigorously and passionately that his garment began to fall off--and yet unmindful of the watching eyes of the people, he danced and danced. The glory and the praise belongs to God and he alone knows the hearts of the people offering the praise. Therefore, rather than stalking off in your righteous rage, why not go on your knees to God and pray for these young ones who you doubtlessly think are importing carnality into the House of God? As for your subtle insinuation that the pastor there did nothing, I'll have you realize that the pastor's job was simply to dish out the unadulterated word of God. It is up to God himself, through the Holy Spirit, to provide the conviction and the direction needed to get these young and perhaps immature Christians to lead more Godly lives. After all, when Jesus was carrying out his earthly ministry, he did not despise or remove himself from the company of tax-collectors, publicans and sinners. It was by interacting with them that he eventually succeeded in influencing many of them into becoming his disciples.

If the host pastor of that church is speaking the clear oracles of God, then you do not need to be too quick to judge. All it requires is that God alone be magnified--he knows best how to draw the souls to himself when he is magnified in truth and spirit.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by poshpimkiey(f): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hypocrites. D lot of you. As if dey are not pro dancers. If it's not an erotic move, i c no reason why one can't dance in church. If u don't lyk it, come to deeper life campus fellowship, unn. I hear dey don't even have drums to start wit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Truth About The Judgement Day You Should Know As A Christian / Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). / God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.