Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC (20411 Views)

Gov. Wike, Amaechi In Fresh War / Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit / Tinubu & Fashola In Fresh War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by confusion247(m): 12:09am On Oct 08, 2012
Aigbofa:

ibos are bitter and frustrated and they need an enemy to vent their frustrations on. This is where Yorubas comes in, we are the least likely to slit their throats and they regard that as cowardice.(For strange reasons) They never mention Hausa and Fulani who almost wiped them out of the North, only Yorubas all the time.
I am so sure a fool is more valued than you. How come you failed to realise that this thread is about Awolowo and his actions during the war and not about yorubas as a tribe. Achebe never said yorubas did this, rather he said Awolowo did. Please continue with your excess consumption of amala, i know it will be of good help to your useless brain.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Solozzo(m): 12:15am On Oct 08, 2012
BrutusOj: Can somebody pls tie Muhammadu Buhari rop

Yes. He is also accused of being the mastermind of boko haram terrorist attacks against Nigeria. Until thugs like him and IBB are gone, there would be no peace. He is probably trying to use this issue to stir Nigeria to war fr his selfish interest.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by confusion247(m): 12:21am On Oct 08, 2012
Aigbofa:

If you are going to present that statement to a foreigner as I suggested, I suppose you will also supply the context, are you this dim? Why am I wasting my time with you?
You are completely blinded by hate to even reason properly! Same thing afflicting Achebe.
If saying the truth is also been blinded by hate, i think it is the best. There is nothing to reason here except if you want Achebe to hide the truth till eternity. If the thing afflicting Achebe is also afflicting our so called leaders today, we won't be complaining. I go with old men who tells the truth without fear or favor. Why is Gowon people not making noise like Awolowo people? They have accepted the truth unlike Awolowo people trying to bend the truth and call Achebe names.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by confusion247(m): 12:31am On Oct 08, 2012
4chi:
Yes, they always look for trouble and turn round to play the victims when they eventually get their nose bruised. There must be something about the children of alaigbo that makes them primitive, undiplomatic and unrefined. You can't even separate the educated from the illiterate trader. They all simply lack tact.even Achebe the cripple is no exception.AND THAT IS WHY NO IBOMAN CAN EVER BECOME NIGERIA'S PRESIDENT.
Only a fool like you will like to have something doing with a failed nation like Nigeria. Igbos wants BIAFRA and not president of a country where injustice is a way of life, a country where anyone who says the truth is an enemy of progress. Achebe said the simple truth instead of you to prove him wrong, you are calling igbos names. IGBOS always look for trouble but allow them to go you people refused. Give me one reason why peace should reign when injustice reigns supreme?
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 08, 2012
confusion247:
I am so sure a fool is more valued than you. How come you failed to realise that this thread is about Awolowo and his actions during the war and not about yorubas as a tribe. Achebe never said yorubas did this, rather he said Awolowo did. Please continue with your excess consumption of amala, i know it will be of good help to your useless brain.

If you are not careful, you too will break your back hating Yorubas and you will be confined to a wheel chair for ever. Ota mi o ni ya foko.
What do you expect from Biafran information minister if not discredited propaganda? Achebe belongs to the past, he should shut up already.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by daytona500(m): 12:37am On Oct 08, 2012
What most igbos are asking for is an apology from the yorubas.As a son of yorubas, I say we apologise for everything Pa Awolowo did against the best people on earth(the igbos.)Now let us all live in peace before we finally divide the country. Seperation is a matter of time,it is imminent.

And, I do not understand why some igbo feel that the yorubas are scared of them. Most Igbo comment on nairaland sometimes baffles me,you want to have your cake and eat it at the same time.

Yorubas are not scared of anybody.We are loyal and humble,because we do not rant or complain does not make us coward or fearful.We are peaceful people.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by confusion247(m): 12:39am On Oct 08, 2012
Zeus I: Because he claimed to be the best but was never given the presidency promised to him(if he were to betray Igbos[a mistake we will never make again], which is what Achebe is reminding Igbos), making him(Awo) to start defending himself before the Igbos he ploted to annihilate without being questioned(guilty conscience at work), and he ended up commiting sucide. That was why.
May GOD grant you more years on earth like Achebe for saying the truth. You are a true son of your father. Your tribe must be proud of a son like you. All effort to defend Awolowo is also an effort to disgrace him.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by daytona500(m): 12:50am On Oct 08, 2012
confusion247:
May GOD grant you more years on earth like Achebe for saying the truth. You are a true son of your father. Your tribe must be proud of a son like you. All effort to defend Awolowo is also an effort to disgrace him.

So Pa Awolowo should wait for his people to be killed or conquered?
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by confusion247(m): 12:54am On Oct 08, 2012
samkoro:

Do u know literary terms like irony,hyperbole,paradox mean? May be u did not attend secondary school.Maybe u dropped out cos there was no free education any more.

Ok,to help u out ,let me illustrate something like an analogy. If you are a very short man that hasn't seen a basket ball before and someone just smiles at you and tells u that u are the best basket baller the NBA never had.What does that tell u.

Awolowo wanted to be president,thus as a typical you-robber man he licked housa asses.He wanted to be a good boy to northerners after haven rubished and mocked them for telling the British they were not ready for independence.

When it now dawned on him,Ojukwu now told him that personaly.

If one uderstaands history,he will respect blood,the food of demons and gods.Blood truely hunt as a matter of fact and not speculation.Its only a matter of time,no blood goes in vain.

The blood of the innocent has destroyed the north beyond recovery.It has numbed their intelect.

Mark this point.Unless those whose parents/regions masterminded that 3miliion civilian blood letting,does true spiritual cleansing and forgiveness by the Igbos the blood will destroy them at some point.

The German,as scientific and racialy proud as they are did that in the holocaust foundation.

Americans did that with the red Indians too,when they started percieving the effect.

The Jews killed Christ without regrets and remorse.Today,that blood of Christ hunts them unless they entirely acknowledge him.Millions of Jews has always been massacred in history.

You and I are not kids,u know that. Blood truely hunts.It was the blood of the innocent Biafran children that actualy lead Awolowo to commit suicide but physicaly we see it as IBB giving him options to execute himself or be executed.

Those innocent blood will one day hunt the entire yoruba
May GOD bless you for saying the truth. let me put this in to complement your sayings. The blood of innocent igbos have started to torment the yorubas that's why they are now calling for true federalism and confederation, the same thing contained in aburi accord which many of them rejected then and which made Awolowo to commit genocide alongside Gowon. The same blood of innocent IGBOS is at work with Gowon and his people, if you doubt me ask Gowon about fulani herdsmen. The same innocent blood of IGBOS has made us niger delta people who listened to isaac boro to beg mallams for oil money that is in our back yard. We all knew that even if by 2015 power returns to mallam, boko haram have come to stay in northern Nigeria, and fulani herdsmen will never leave Gowon people. ONE NIGERIA AT WORK.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by REVOLUTNIS: 1:00am On Oct 08, 2012
THERE WILL BE WAR AGAIN SOON, REAL WAR SOMEDAY IN THIS USELESS COUNTRY.
NIGERIA, I AM COMING FOR u................
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by daytona500(m): 1:08am On Oct 08, 2012
REVOLUTNIS: THERE WILL BE WAR AGAIN SOON, REAL WAR SOMEDAY IN THIS USELESS COUNTRY.
NIGERIA, I AM COMING FOR u................

You want another war? Be careful because you won't have Pa Awolowo to blame this time around.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by daytona500(m): 1:18am On Oct 08, 2012
It is high time we move on either as a union or seperately because yesterday is for long gone.You can not change it.What is our plan for the future generations? Breeding hatred in the leaders of tomorrow as the past leaders have infected us wit their tribalism and bogotry?
Well,the futures are in your hands,you can use it wisely or otherwise we will all be consumed like fumes.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by dayokanu(m): 1:25am On Oct 08, 2012
These cannibals mouthing off again

They kill other region leaders while sparing their but others are supposed to understand and take it

They impose unitary system of govt on the nation but others are supposed to understand and take it

They declare Biafra and attack midwest and SWest yet they expect others not to defend their territory

They start a war yet expect their opponent to feed them

There must be a metal retardation gene in Igbos

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by daytona500(m): 1:27am On Oct 08, 2012
van bonattel:

FAMILY?
Are we really family, the last time I looked, yoruba is still very much scared of igbo people and the igbo people are also very cautious. It is still not late for the yoruba to apologize, but I fear this may not be needed as this country may never ever unite and be one. we are better split than this forceful bonding.

What made you think that the yorubas are scared of the igbos.Please do not be fooled.Yorubas are not intimidated by anybody.Do not mistake our attitude for weakness.You will be surprised!
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by kettykin: 1:31am On Oct 08, 2012
The only solution to this online bickering and antagonism is a referendum and a breakup more effort should be channeled towars this breakup than the present bickerings
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by daytona500(m): 1:32am On Oct 08, 2012
kettykin: The only solution to this online bickering and antagonism is a referendum and a breakup more effort should be channeled towars this breakup than the present bickerings

You are very correct.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by dayokanu(m): 1:36am On Oct 08, 2012
kettykin: The only solution to this online bickering and antagonism is a referendum and a breakup more effort should be channeled towars this breakup than the present bickerings

A good start would be for Igbos to relocate back to their caves and leave the SouthWest

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by cjrane: 1:37am On Oct 08, 2012
I do think Nigeria needs a fresh war if that is what it takes to end the charade. At least this time, no region will be unfairly backed by two world powers.Lets see who is better at making weapons this time.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Duchman67: 1:37am On Oct 08, 2012
The logic does not support the fact that Awo/Gowon committed genocide. Virtually every family in my home town in Abia state lost upwards of two relatives in the war(some families ceased to exist-completely wiped out) and it brings the question:

1,Why did Ojukwu continue fighting when the first hundreds of thousands of deaths started?

2,What were we fighting for when we had insufficient resources to pursue the war, none of the super powers were remotely interested in assisting us or helped with very little and millions were dying?

3,Why did Ojukwu wait for millions to die before surrendering(and if anyone says he did not know millions were dying then he is extremely incompetent at waging war which takes precious lifes)?

I expect a torrent of abuse for posting these questions but will be happy for a clear logical answer that makes some sense.

Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by logica(m): 1:49am On Oct 08, 2012
Zeus I: ... and he ended up commiting sucide.
LOL. I have this weird feeling you guys are beginning to believe your delusions. Is this a sign of mental illness? Not only do you continue to hold on to fables your fathers told you about the civil war, but you need to believe a 79 year old committed suicide.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by kettykin: 2:22am On Oct 08, 2012
Duchman67: The logic does not support the fact that Awo/Gowon committed genocide. Virtually every family in my home town in Abia state lost upwards of two relatives in the war(some families ceased to exist-completely wiped out) and it brings the question:

1,Why did Ojukwu continue fighting when the first hundreds of thousands of deaths started?

2,What were we fighting for when we had insufficient resources to pursue the war, none of the super powers were remotely interested in assisting us or helped with very little and millions were dying?

3,Why did Ojukwu wait for millions to die before surrendering(and if anyone says he did not know millions were dying then he is extremely incompetent at waging war which takes precious lifes)?

I expect a torrent of abuse for posting these questions but will be happy for a clear logical answer that makes some sense.

The civil war came when a lot of easterners where murdered by rampaging mobs in the North and the Federal Government led by Gowon could not guarantee the Safety of easteners in the country.
A conference was eventually organised by a neutral and friendly country in Aburi ghana where an agreement was reached to allow for peace to prevail and for the country to stabilise between Gowon ,Ojukwu and the Head of state of Ghana.
Gowon came back to Nigeria and refused to implement the agreement reached in Ghana ; that meant igbos were no longer safe and acoomodated in Nigeria.

The igbos had to take their destiny in their hands .

The same scenario played out in Jos some few months back when Fulanis were busy raiding Jos/Birom villages and the Jos people could not even do much but cry to the FG, even Middle belt civil war heroes remained aloof whil fulani butchered their people.

A lot more igbos would have been killed by the northerners had the Ojukwu not declared the Biafra .Biafra failed because of the Soviets , Britain and The Arabs and not necessarily the fighting skills of Nigerian who could not even defend the Bakassi peninsula .i have proof
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by confusion247(m): 2:28am On Oct 08, 2012
mko abiola: Apart frm his novel "things fall apart" what has Chinua Achebe done or achieved for d ibo race.mtchewwww
The truth he is telling us now is worth more than silver and gold.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Sirnokiopee(m): 2:55am On Oct 08, 2012
Abeg Talk is cheap ... make Achebe and the ruminate of the igbo carry biafra Flag again nah if they are still bitter. start shouting Nzobu Eyinmba Eyin and see what will happen. na 2 million die by stopping food supply... na 10 million go die by closing Alaba and ladipo market. grin
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by confusion247(m): 3:27am On Oct 08, 2012
sweet_gala:

It is obvious you are not well studied about the aftermath of the war, Gowon a man I greatly respect came out and gave what is still the greatest public address made by a Nigerian . I have a copy on my computer somewhere. He rebuked the notion of victor or vanquished. Pleaded for Nigerians to settle old scores and move on. War is not a pretty discussion . Go read Eisenhower, Stallin , Hitler ,Churchills memoirs they were all equally suspicious of each other , all feared the capacity of the other to undermine each others national interest but never spoke evil of the other.
That is what Achebe has done , concentrated an attack on dead patriots to destroy their national and international image for personal gratification and because while they were alive he did not have the audacity to do so. He is looking for cheap scores against a dead man. How absurd
Go and eat your amala i think you need it most now. Truth hurts so badly but evil doers never think of the day the truth about their evil deeds will come out. As you love Awolowo so much, there are some who loved Hitler so much too and there are some who loved Osama bin ladin so much too. Don't worry, just eat your amala and Achebe will never exhume the truth again.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Balkan(m): 3:38am On Oct 08, 2012
Duchman67: The logic does not support the fact that Awo/Gowon committed genocide. Virtually every family in my home town in Abia state lost upwards of two relatives in the war(some families ceased to exist-completely wiped out) and it brings the question:

Hey this Yoruba! Don't come here to impersonate.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Dahbutter(m): 8:32am On Oct 08, 2012
confusion247:

Go back an read the thread from the beginning to see the hatred igbos are directing at Yorubas not Awolowo alone. Yoruba people have tried so much to burry the hatchet with these ones, helping them invest in their land and living with them as brothers, yet they keep being tribalistic, greedy and non appreciative. My mums family was practically raised back to their feet after the war and have settled and prospering in Lagos, Ibadan and a few other yoruba states by my late grandpa. Yet despite our accomodation we are treated unfairly in business and with suspicion whenever we go to Ndigbo. WHY? Now the Igbos are shouting split the country without realizing what they'll lose. Abeg let the country split jor and let dem 4uk off our lands, Every new day I keep discovering these people are simply unforgiving and unlovable
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by hyelhira: 8:49am On Oct 08, 2012
I believe Achebe has a right to air his opinion. He stated that what he wrote is his impression. Incidentally, Awolowo had defended himself before he died. The sage did a good job of his self-defence too. He said, "... As far as I know, the Ibo masses are friendly to me, towards me. In fact, whenever I visit Iboland, either Anambra or Imo, and there’s no campaigning for elections on, the Ibo people receive me warmly and affectionately. But there are some elements in Iboland who believe that they can maintain their popularity only by denigrating me, and so they keep on telling lies against me..."

See full interview here: http://abusidiqu.com/?p=6531#.UHCkg4GQyNc.twitter
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by Wislet(f): 8:51am On Oct 08, 2012
MY DEARS, PLS STOP ALL THESE FIGHTS. Alright?
We are one.
NOBODY SHOULD INSULT ANY ETHNIC GROUP HERE AGAIN.
I will deal seriously with anyone who does.
Oya, end this thread.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by gurujoe(m): 9:02am On Oct 08, 2012
Nigerians fear d intelligence of IGBOS n was doin evrytin possible 2 stop it. To d extent of Gowon/Awo commitin genocide against IGBOs n was tryin 2 cover up. Bt here is d truth resurfacin again in d person of PROF CHINUA ACHEBE n sm pple ar here spewin rubbisb against it. I knw d truth is better bt we must al close oureyes n accept it d way dey ar if we ar 2 move forward as a nation
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by einsteine(m): 9:03am On Oct 08, 2012
All these people shouting BIAFRA, do you realize that rivers, bayelsa, akwa ibom, c rivers won't be part of u when u break away? Do u realize that the east won't be able to contain ur population? That the ibos would lose all their investments outside the east? That you would be a landlocked country? No landlocked country has ever prospered economically.
Re: Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC by aurenflani: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2012
vanunu: Truth is indeed bitter, the biafra war was the most horrible war since 1945, in less than three years more than 2million Igbos died those that are responsible for this crime most surely go to hell.

My friend is not only igbo ppl that died in that war. If you want to speak the truth let it be whole.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Breaking News: Pic, Rivers State By Election Cancelled / Boko Haram Kills Saifura Ahmed Abducted In Borno, Threatens Leah Sharibu / Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70