Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

The Message Of A Diaspora Returnee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Message Of A Diaspora Returnee (657 Views)

Yakubu Gowon Confirms Paternity Of Musa, USA-returnee Son Musa / The Message That Nailed Amaechi And Dakuku. Pictures. / Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Message Of A Diaspora Returnee by bilms(m): 6:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
The message of a new diaspora returnee to Nigeria.

It is lovely to be back online again, this time from my homeland, The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
It has been desperately chaotic settling down in Osun after 22 long years on a foreign unfriendly soil; however the support of some of my fellow indegene from Osun made the reintegration back relatively easier than it would have been. I hereby extend my deep appreciation to those members of the Osun ...

state government team who tirelessly supported me in the very difficult task of sorting my house out. The assistance from the Osun team can not be underestimated during the process, which gives credence to the saying that there is no place like home. Your efforts and physical assistance, emotional and psychological support is very much valued. Thank you all very much from the deepest bottom of my heart.

I am still getting used to the weather, my cultural heritage, environment but incredibly grateful to Allah for the opportunity to have the courage to come back to my root from a journey to 'hell'.
I am incredibly proud to be back to my soil and enjoy the freedom, liberty, equality and social justice that makes my homeland more enjoyable to me after spending 22 years in a foreign country where i had no sense of belonging but remained a stranger despite adopting British nationality with equality or liberty.

To my British children left behind in that country, i hope the British treat you well, i look forward to having you home with me regularly to enjoy the Nigerian hospitality and decency.
To all all my friends on Facebook, i am back online, fully invigorated, with even stronger will to stand up to my principles, morals and philosophy of life. Nice to be back with you all again.

May allah bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: The Message Of A Diaspora Returnee by bilms(m): 10:48pm On Oct 07, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria As 39th Largest Economy / Nominate Your Human Right Governor Of The Year / Cold War Between President And Vice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.