Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? (9722 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by luc26(f): 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2012
Even an unformed fetus knwz itz a gift so I dnt get y a grown adult shud b asking abi u jst wan enta frnt page.cheesy u don try
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by safarigirl(f): 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
I'm still asking why every tom, d1ck and ekene can speak in tongues, but very few interpret, btw, are you allowed to make public knowledge of having 'the gift'? cos i know a lot of people that will tell anyone who bothers to listen that they can speak
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Joey82(m): 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2012
funny enuf, when the disciples first spake in tongue, people from other tongues could understand what they were saying.
they merely spoke other tribe's tongue but these days, nobody is able to interpret what these tongue speakers say.
the language they speak corresponds to no language on planet earth

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Creatrixity(m): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: gafugiu\bgfjagsfygds\yjgfyas\ggfas\,gycf,gf\asjgfGbf\,jgyufg,j,g\gb\gh\hlj,gugb,b,jabhbvfl,sad\b,jbvfygvys\agbkdfgaskjbfl\bgfb\fbvh\jvhfabv\fhjzcv\lgf\hbgfvyegflgtfuikh\swifryga\yul,bkjfv.hv;f\oi.bzyvf\ja,khnjef\ashy,kjB\ g,h\jzg,abvzsh\vgtvhj\hsdbkjz g,vhDKasjc zhjgawkjsbhvgeuikadhuy\wtvjhkeas.iuyguhjkawhugyfshjakwfydst\ghu\gyushjsduiyuzhjdsyuuzdshiuydhkj\fhuriguryetgthjgknlifoeujfhzrsdzuyijbfgdbvhijk

I just spoke in tongues...
Just asking..Are you a pentadactyl?,or maybe one of these primates used in the experiment that hypothesises that if 5 primates are left with a keyboard for 21 days they will eventually write shakespeares complete works..what u typed resembles the results of that ghastly experiment..
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by achi4u(m): 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
but native doctors also speaks in tonguegrin

only few are original others na abracatabra
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by achi4u(m): 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
Joey82: funny enuf, when the disciples first spake in tongue, people from other tongues could understand what they were saying.
they merely spoke other tribe's tongue but these days, nobody is able to interpret what these tongue speakers say.
the language they speak corresponds to no language on planet earth
gringrin lol @ spake in tongue
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by CrazyMan(m): 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
991: ole!! even comedians use it in their movies grin grin grin
So what are you trying to say? sad
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by hyelhira: 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2012
Speaking in tongue is a sign by God that the speaker has received the Holy Spirit. Recipients speak intelligible, coherent languages as inspired by God. The languages are never learned. Any other thing is gibberish and fake.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Benite: 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Speaking in tongues is a sign of madness.
Teach these "tongues" is a good idea of the pastor, to gaining adherents, and enriched by the tithe
you are the one that is mad for deviating from the topic. anyway speaking in tongues is to be recieved from God and not learnt. Thanks
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Wised(m): 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2012
Speaking in tongue is real it 4rm d holy spirit but unfortunately sum churches hv turned it 2 sumtyn else,sum r calin d names of der gods 4rm wher dy colet der evil powers whereas sum r speakin rubbish jst because oda's r speakin it n dis is comeon in al dis new generation churches.my sister told me abt a story e encountered in a church bt i wnt mentioned d name she said dy maked dat cal dat if u wnt d holyspirit 2 decendd on u dy shud come's out she 2 went out because she ws eager 2 b spikin in tongue so dy took dem 2 1 room 2 b prayin so after sumtyn nuffin apend none of dem spoke in tongues so d pastor concluded dat dy shud b speakin anytin dat tru dat dy wuld no hw 2 spik in tongue.dis giv a concrete evidence dat sum churches learn it whereas sum r real 4rm God.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Cupidkc(m): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2012
Even amidst all this churches with their speaking in tongues school,there is a real gift of the Holyspirit called speaking in tongues.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Clemzy16(m): 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2012
Babaken: for the person that ask this question GOD will bless you i was in CHRIST EMBASSY few months ago in ghana after de service de said new comes should wait cuz de is some pastors to attend to us. Look at what de pastor is tell us that will must lean how to speak in tongues de were forcing us you MOST say it keep saying it, i ask myself keep saying what i don't no.
Don't mind them jare. That's what christ embassy knows how to preach best. SPEAKING IN TONGUES. although, i'm trying hard not judge anybody. Infact, pastor chris even have time to criticize people using the babababababababa.. and.. mamamamamamamama kind of speaking in tongues. He said baba and mama in our language means Father and Mother. And the congregation started Laughing. I've always said it.. The only thing that can drive me to christ embassy is their girls. They've got some really pretty ladies.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by DeGrace01(m): 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
Any Church that teaches how to speak in tongue is fake and what they teach or speak is also fake as is not from the Holy Spirit, the gift of speaking in tongue and others are gifts or fruits of the HOLY SPIRIT.Acts 1:5 , Acts 2:4-5, Romans 8:26-27, please do not be decieved.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by donkross1(m): 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Teach these "tongues" is a good idea of the pastor, to gaining adherents, and enriched by the tithe
only a fool W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̊ƪƪ say dat speaking i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ tongue is a sign of madness dat is blaspheming
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by ginuwine: 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
the real reason the holy spirit blessed the early disciples with speaking in tongues, was cos they wld need it in spreading the Good news. The mumble jumble we hear this days is just not it (imo). Not speaking in tongues doesn't make u less a child of God. besides i guess as christians we shld focus on attitudes dat will take us to heaven and forget about showboating, for that is what we have dis days among d christian folks. may God help us.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: gafugiu\bgfjagsfygds\yjgfyas\ggfas\,gycf,gf\asjgfGbf\,jgyufg,j,g\gb\gh\hlj,gugb,b,jabhbvfl,sad\b,jbvfygvys\agbkdfgaskjbfl\bgfb\fbvh\jvhfabv\fhjzcv\lgf\hbgfvyegflgtfuikh\swifryga\yul,bkjfv.hv;f\oi.bzyvf\ja,khnjef\ashy,kjB\ g,h\jzg,abvzsh\vgtvhj\hsdbkjz g,vhDKasjc zhjgawkjsbhvgeuikadhuy\wtvjhkeas.iuyguhjkawhugyfshjakwfydst\ghu\gyushjsduiyuzhjdsyuuzdshiuydhkj\fhuriguryetgthjgknlifoeujfhzrsdzuyijbfgdbvhijk

hahahahahah..u just wrote in tongues.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Treasure10: 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2012
I believe speaking in tongues happens when you are feeled with the Holy Spirit, you then have the ability to speak other languages without learning them. I do not think it is the blahahahahputtaaaa business we hear all the time from people, however i may be wrong.
I once did some prayers years ago and after I had finish, I was speaking perfect fluent Igbo language to the girl next to me. I could not even believe my mouth could moved that fast, it was like something was speaking through me. I have no idea what i told her to this day. I was shocked, however hours later; I couldn’t speak Igbo anymore, well only the little bits I already knew. Is that speaking in tongues?, who knows.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by tpapi: 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ptolomeus:
no wonder u r soundin like a mad man
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by lovingD(m): 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2012
You dont learn how to speak in tongue,Its a gift from God.TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by san001: 2:07pm On Oct 08, 2012
Yea! speaking in tongue is a God's gift. I have heard & seen it myself with koro koro eyes in 1 C & S ,how an half bake literate man went into into the spirit realm and came back speaking, praying in fluent American accent/language. Trust me, if someone doesn't believe in holy spirit or speaking in heavenly tongue, then u r rather than dead, yet to be buried.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by UjSizzle(f): 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2012
The ability to speak in tongues is a gift of the holy spirit.. See ACTS 2:4. There are two kinds of tongues: the tongues of men(various languages) like u saw among the apostles and tongues of angels..see 1COR 13:1 also see 1COR 14:2. This is not something that can be learnt by man of his own volition but a gift of the spirit for building up our faith because we know not what we are saying but believe we speak in accordance to the utterance of the spirit of God witnessing to our Spirit. Any man that makes you think otherwise is deceiving you. To receive this gift u need to repent and believe without a trace of doubt in you. It is important to also note that there are those with the gift of interpretation of tongues.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by UjSizzle(f): 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2012
Basically I am asking you to study the book of 1COR 12,13,14. Pray for understanding from God and don't just skip through it but read and meditate on these words.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
[b]Net:[/b]I remember a story of a young girl (less than 10 years old) who attended a crusade in Aba some years ago. In the heat of the service, this illiterate girl started speaking in good, polished correct English. Then, she also prophesied.

After the crusade, some people wanted to interview her in English. Then she blurted: "Ogwem a dighi i nu ihe i di ika" - meaning "I don't understand what you are saying". They thought she was joking.

After several attempts to make her speak in English like she just did about 2 hours ago, the pastors interviewing her observed that the girl was truly stark illiterate.

If that is not speaking-in-tongues, tell me what is.
That is speaking in tongue! Anything short of this is mockery of Christianity. Christians should be careful not to sin against the Holy Spirit for such sin CAN NOT be forgiven. Speaking in tongues is not learnt. God help us because many will go to hell for claiming to be speaking in tongues-a language nobody around them understands
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by victme1(m): 2:38pm On Oct 08, 2012

hahaha
i feel u. speaking in Tongues is JARGONS, abracadaba, schopis schopis! the more you look the lees you see.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nellyunique: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2012
tintingz: If the holyspirit( part of YAHWEH) is dsame as the one jews believed in, in their talmud book. . .why then the jews didn't speak in tongues?
It is because gives his gift to anyone he pleases,for it doesn't matter where u are from.

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nellyunique: 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2012
tintingz: If the holyspirit( part of YAHWEH) is dsame as the one jews believed in, in their talmud book. . .why then the jews didn't speak in tongues?
It is because the holy spirit gives his gifts to anyone he pleases,for it doesn't matter where u are from.I didn't learn mine,the holy spirit came upon me after praying one evening and i began to speak words i couldn't understand.The next day,i was on my bed after prayering and i began speaking in tongues uncontrollably n my family all came 2 my bed side.I felt so happy n at peace with God who has also given me the gift of prophesy.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by hovic(m): 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
Good Topic,
Do you Know that there are sin's God don't forgive?
If you sin against God he forgives, Sin against Jesus he forgives, but sin against the Holy Ghost he never forgives, even if you combine @pastor Enoch, @Pastor Kumuyi, @Pastor Muca, @benny hill, etc. He never, so please do not joke with him, i beg of you, If you dont belv in tongues keep short its a gift, its the langague of angels devil cant break the code so do earthly men. Its of two, some have the gift to speak why some have the gift to speak and enterpret. So please dont joke, if you don't belv'em back off. It a sin. All sin's GOD forgives not the sin of the HOLY SPIRIT. Thanks
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Thok(m): 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2012
D Holy spirit giveth Utterance.. So,dem dey receive am.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by specco(m): 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2012
Yello1: dis days some church teaches there member how 2 speak in tongue,wonna na knw if speaking in tongue is a language u can learn?
Speaking in tongues cannot be taught though someone can be prayed over by another spirit filled believer/s and be encouraged by them to speak as the Spirit gives utterance.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Nellyunique: 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2012
CrazyMan: Its can't be learnt because its a gift from the holy spirit...it can only be received.
u are right.I belonged to the group here who think that speaking in tongues was all fake until i received the gift of speaking in tongues and of prophesy in my mother's bedroom after saying my private prayers.When the Holy Spirit comes upon you your life would be transformed.I have seen people who the Holy Spirit came upon and they began to laugh uncontrollably and after which their lives never remained the same.

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by hildaa(f): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2012
speaking in tongue is a gift from God
Re: Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? by Ptolomeus(m): 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
2ru-talk:

May God have mercy on you
May he have mercy on you ... because you are a dreamer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote / Evidences That God Exist / Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.