Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,291 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Do You Believe In Generational Curse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Generational Curse (2650 Views)

Whitney Houston: A Case Study Of Generational Curse / Do You Believe In Generational Curses. / Generational Curse Is The Cause Of Unending Struggle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Generational Curse by ayeakamara(m): 10:48am On Oct 07, 2012
I have been thinking about this 'generational curse' since late 2010. Each time i sit and reflect on my life and see how everything is going since my adolescence days, it seems everything is just working against me. There are some unseen forces working against me, i think there motive is to delay/stop me from doing good cos I'm destined to be rich.

My parents are poor and so are my families. I am the eldest son of my family and i have been facing serious problems, different form of problems that will sway me from fulfilling my destiny. I can say I'm a rich boy cos i have been able to do what most of my mate cannot do, i help most of my friends financially and most of them prays they are like me cos they believe that I'm rich. I have a goal in life but problems keeps surfacing and its killing my goals. Now i have come to conclusion that is a family problem. I'm so afraid because i don't want to live my life like my parents. I'm afraid of poverty. Because of this problem i dropped out of school in SS 2, I'm on another path to success now but another problem just popped up about 3 months ago and it has derailed me from the path. I MUST CONFESS, I'm tired of life ;( this experiences has made me an agnostic. Please share your experience.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2012
interseting topic!
I have been asking myself the same question. It's because I read the Bible and it says that when a person commits sins and violates God's laws his / her children, grandchildren and even grand grandchildren will be punished. to sum it up, the three following generations. for me as a simpel human being, it appears unfair and cruel but what can I do? I gave it more and more thinking and I read a lot of stuff on this topic. some day, I discovered something that I found to be logical. it said that it are not higher powers that punish the following generations but that it is a natural result of someone's wrongdoings.

let me explain it using an example:
if a man decides to be a thief, he gives his children a bad example. they learn that to achieve ther goals, one must be a criminal. they follow his path and at the end they will also have to deal with the consequences. e.g. jail so unless one of these children is strong enough to find and choose the right way, they will be doing their father's mistakes and give it over to the next generation. this is just a simplistic example for the sake of illustration.

let me use another example:
if a man is cheating on his wife and too busy to attend family life and to give his daughters the love and attention they need, they will in later life go and date and marry similar men and repeat the mistake of their mothers until the pain becomes so heavy that they will not be able to stand it anymore and finally choose a different way, a better man and break this vicious cycle.

I am not sure if what I read is true but it seems that we all learn from our parents and unfortunately often repeat their mistakes (which I consider a curse). when growing up I heard many of my peers saying how they will be different from their parents. as soon as they grew up, they, despite all good intentions, resembled them a great deal.

you want a proof? statistics from some Western countries have shown that children of divorced parents divorce more often than children whose parents stayed together.

I don't know if I am wrong or right but if I am right then there's is hope. It's up to us to develop strength and to make a change because we can break the "curse" by doing things better. the way to do so is to reflect in order to learn from the previous generations. It's hard to re-learn what you learned when you grew up but it's not impossible.

I wish you a lot of strength and I wish you won't give up but believe in yourself.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by k2039: 11:42am On Oct 07, 2012

I dont beleive in generation curses,if my grandpa or dad did anything wrong to warrant a curse,that's their own.
I have my life to live,and it's based on my choices.
Generation curses are excuse used by people who dont want to take full responsibility for their lives(that's what I think).

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by achinaboy(m): 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2012
@Ayeakamara,from my little experience,THERE IS NO EXISTENCE OF GENERATIONAL CORSE,or whatever you may call it,thinking of something of that nature will just ruine ur life and your future,and lead you to those fake socalled men of God on a quest for breaking those corses and all that,those corses only exist in our third world countries,due to the way we havebeen brain washed call it on the part of religion and our enviroments,guy,just keep on striving you will achieve your dreams but you got to work very very hard.I wonder the type of corses that are after the british royal family,the Nederlands,George bush family,Clintons,Bababgida,Obasango,Buhari,you know what time is it,,,,,just try some step backward,work with you inner spirit,if you are not married yet,try to marry from a family that is better than your financially in case of whatever, i got to peeeeeeeee se ya.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by eddy1977(m): 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2012
Gal 3:13. Christ HAS reedemed us from the curse of the law.having become cursed so that the blessing of Abraham may be ours.

Gal 5:1; it's for freedom that christ HAS freed us from the yokes.

2cor 5:17 if any man is in Christ,he is a NEW creature...all has become new.

Bottom line: if the son sets you free,you are free INDEED. you belong to a new family, The family of God. No generational curse there.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 07, 2012
k2039:
I dont beleive in generation curses,if my grandpa or dad did anything wrong to warrant a corse,that's their own.
Generation curses are excuse used by people who dont want to take full responsibility for their lives(that's what I think).

But your Yahweh is different

Exodus 34:6-7

6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.”

O sorry, it's OT. Somewhere along the line, Yahweh repented and sent his son on a suicide mission..
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by k2039: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2012
musKeeto:
But your Yahweh is different

Exodus 34:6-7

6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.”

O sorry, it's OT. Somewhere along the line, Yahweh repented and sent his son on a suicide mission..

eddy1977 has addressed your issue in the previous post before yours

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2012
k2039:

eddy1977 has addressed your issue in the previous post before yours

So you agree Yahweh repented?
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by eddy1977(m): 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ezek 18. No generational curses.

If you are reaping a curse,you must have planted the seed of sin. Gal 6:6. Rom 6:16, eph 4:27,1pe 5:8,rom 8:6

Ezekiel 18. Please read it.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by k2039: 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
musKeeto:
So you agree Yahweh repented?

I dont understand what you are saying,explain

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by ayeakamara(m): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
@achina boy
With my little experience of life, i confirm that there is truly a 'GENERATIONAL CURSE' i wish i can narrate the story of my life to you. Btw I'm not religious and i don't buy alfas or pastors stories. But with what is going on in my life, men i confirm generational curse exists gigigba
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by God2man(m): 8:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
@ayeakamara, i am waiting for your real life experience, may be I can learn one or two things from you.

Nairaland is a strange place. How can people say, there is no witch, no generational curse.

@ayeakamara,I am waiting.

God2man.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by Callotti: 8:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
I don't believe in generational curses. . .EXCEPT YOU LIVE IN NIGERIA.
If you can free yourself from the dungeon of poverty. . .aka NIGERIA, your outlook to life will undergo an overwhelming transformation. It is the environment that you were raised in that has imposed the defeatist attitude you carry as a psychological burden.

As for being destined to be 'rich'. . . . only one who lives in a poverty-stricken environment would make such a priority or a hallmark for success.

For one, you can't spell correctly.

There is more to life than material accquisition.
Try enriching your mind for starters.

It is natural to feel that there are 'forces' mitigating against your successful horizon.
You need to understand that the difference between success and failure is ability to overcome challenges.

No one is exempt. Unless you come from a generation of LAZY LOZZZERS!
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by olu4life(m): 3:13am On Oct 08, 2012
I laugh at some comments.
@OP, there is GENERATIONAL CURSES. It only takes the MERCY OF GOD to bring it down. Thats why its good to inquire about ur lineage so as to know where to attack from. For those doubting,u can study David's story and his children wella. There are other biblical characters that showed this.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by Segunagagu(m): 8:37am On Oct 08, 2012
YesssS dere are generational curses..its very very very very real..especially from our father's house and villages.and its true..we just need to be closer to God and pray for delieverance..I think u should attend my church for prayers and deliverance..Mountain of Fire amd miracles Ministries..thanks..

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by semid4lyfe(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2012
Deliverance Of the Family Tree. . . that was the message in the MFM Power Must Change Hands Programme this past Saturday.

The G.O gave an apt example. Some years ago, a married couple with their 15 years old daughter came to see him. When he asked them why they had come to see him, the husband and wife started pushing the responsibility of telling the problem to one another.

Father was like you talk, mother was like the father should talk and they dilly-dallied back and forth. Eventually, the man told the problem and said his 15 years old daughter was pregnant and he was responsible for the pregnancy.

G.O was like he was very annoyed but when the man revealed that his Father also impregnated his daughter (the man's sister) he understood what the problem was.

That man clearly had generational curses & inherited problems operating in his life and he needed deliverance from them

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by debosky(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2012
I'm not too sure about generational curses - if I make the same mistake as my dad/mum is it necessarily because of a curse or because of my own foolishness/error?

I have told lies and I'm sure my dad and mum did too - is lying now a generational curse for that reason?

In my opinion if you have cases where there is a recurrence of an unusual incident that is not due to the individual's own error (e.g. multiple deaths in various generations at a certain age) then you may want to investigate generational curses, or hereditary diseases for that matter.

However, if at the sign of the smallest problem you blame generational curses for lack of progress then you may be passing the buck for your own mistakes or confusing the demerits of your situation (e.g. being born into a poor family/born in Nigeria for example) with a curse of some sorts.

Now that I think about it some people will term being born a Nigerian a curse.

There is a great need for analysing one's life - successes and failures. Please don't give up and blame it on curses.

As a Christian I believe God has delivered us as Jesus became a curse for our sake. However, if God reveals an area where you need specific deliverance, then go ahead and ask God for that deliverance. Salvation is a personal experience and what applies to one individual will not necessarily apply to the next.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by ichuka(m): 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2012
For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
For the CREATION WAS SUBJECTED TO FUTILITY,NOT WILLINGLY,BUT BECAUSE OF HIM WHO SUBJECT IT,in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from ITS SLAVERY TO CORRUPTION INTO THE FREEDOM OF THE GLORY OF THE CHILDREN OF GOD.
For we know that THE WHOLE CREATION GROANS AND SUFFERS THE PAINS OF CHILDBIRTH TOGETHER UNTIL NOW.
And not only this,but WE OURSELVES GROANS WITHIN OURSELVES,WAITING EAGERLY FOR OUR ADOPTION AS SONS,THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODY....Roms8:19-23.
I wonder why some people are still anticipating whether there's a curse or not when the whole creation groaneth up till now to be free from the bondage of slavery.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2012
ayeakamara: I have been thinking about this 'generational curse' since late 2010. Each time i sit and reflect on my life and see how everything is going since my adolescence days, it seems everything is just working against me. There are some unseen forces working against me, i think there motive is to delay/stop me from doing good cos I'm destined to be rich.

My parents are poor and so are my families. I am the eldest son of my family and i have been facing serious problems, different form of problems that will sway me from fulfilling my destiny. I can say I'm a rich boy cos i have been able to do what most of my mate cannot do, i help most of my friends financially and most of them prays they are like me cos they believe that I'm rich. I have a goal in life but problems keeps surfacing and its killing my goals. Now i have come to conclusion that is a family problem. I'm so afraid because i don't want to live my life like my parents. I'm afraid of poverty. Because of this problem i dropped out of school in SS 2, I'm on another path to success now but another problem just popped up about 3 months ago and it has derailed me from the path. I MUST CONFESS, I'm tired of life ;( this experiences has made me an agnostic. Please share your experience.
there is generational curse imposed on the non-elect black peoples of the world as a condition of our second death. yes i believe in generational curse. this is not your rest. you are not supposed to have peace till the curse is lifted and shifted on the gentiles. we are the jews. jews first and then gentiles
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by debosky(m): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
obadiah777: there is generational curse imposed on the non-elect black peoples of the world as a condition of our second death. yes i believe in generational curse. this is not your rest. you are not supposed to have peace till the curse is lifted and shifted on the gentiles. we are the jews. jews first and then gentiles

What on earth does this mean?

Whoa re the 'non-elect black people' and what 'second death' do you speak of?
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by ayeakamara(m): 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2012
God2man: @ayeakamara, i am waiting for your real life experience, may be I can learn one or two things from you.

Nairaland is a strange place. How can people say, there is no witch, no generational curse.

God2man.

www.nairaland.com/1055107/sad-story-life-wish-reverse
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2012
debosky:

What on earth does this mean?

Whoa re the 'non-elect black people' and what 'second death' do you speak of?
NON ELECT BLACK PEOPLE WILL BE THOSE WHO WERE NOT PART OF THE FIRST RESSURECTION. SECOND DEATH IS HELL. VIRTUALLY ALL THE BLACK PEOPLE IN WEST AFRICA ARE PART OF THE NON-ELECT BLACK PEOPLE. THESE ARE THE SPIRITUALLY DEAD WHO FLED INTO WEST AFRICA IN 70 AD FROM NORTHEAST AFRICA FLEEING FROM ROMAN MASSACRE AND PERSECUTION
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by obalola7: 1:52am On Oct 11, 2012
I almost skipped this topic, but i decided to see whats the content of the thread was and wow i am impressed with so much intelligent reasoning and with both biblical references and facts.

First i want to say from the beginning God placed curse on human kind after they eat the forbidden fruit. Genesis 3:16-19

Before i go farther i want us to examine two characters mainly in the bible.
First is Joseph and the second is Paul the Apostle.

Genesis 37: was where Joseph problem started, first for being loved by his father and his father shown it to him and his siblings. But verse 5 of chapter 37 said he was hated the more for telling his dream. Now the first badluck, which many in Nigeria will say its a curse materialization started from verse 18 of the same chapter 37 when his brother saw him and desire to slay him.

We all know what happened, he was sold in verse 28 and the suffering continue, But chapter 39 said he Potiphar bought him. Genesis 39, Verse 2 said and the lord was with Joseph. For joseph, he would have easily agreed with himself that his dream is working or things has began to normalized since he is now residing in the house of one of the opulence egyptians. But he soon see a shocker when he was thrown to jail, but it was God's plan, at this time Joseph will agree with many Nigerians that he is definitely curse indeed. Not when things are beginning to normalized he is now thrown in jail Genesis 39 v20. My friend what you are seeing is evidence that your problem is about to end. A new beginning is on your way, just trust God.

The Dream will materialized!

Genesis 40 the butler interpretation and joseph plead that he should remember him. It is very difficult for anybody to remember anyone except God himself remembers you. Genesis 41:1 proves it. The king dreamt a dream.

There are many nights, where Joseph would have thought it was over, where he could easily say its generational curse, but as God promise to cain (Genesis 4:13-15) after the curse,"13 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
and we can see that in verse 17 of Genesis 4, Cain gave birth to one of the greatest man(Enoch) in the bible. 17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch. Joseph was protected not prevented from all challenges.

The second Character: Paul

Lets look at Paul the Apostle, remember he was part of the most successful and most progressive Jews. He was a Pharisee and the son of a Pharisee, meaning he was part of the elite (Act 23:26) His first major problem in life as recorded in the bible was his blindness (Act 9:3-9). Apart from escaping turbulent storm on the sea, he was also bitten by snake (Act 28: 3-5) The men there said he must be a murderer, if the man was a Nigerian, he would use the proper word"He has been cursed and the people following him from his village are yet to leave him alone" But instead of him dying he was healing a sick man in Verse 8 of Act 28.

I know its a long read already and i don't want to waste time. What i can easily tell you is that every problem you are facing might not necessary be a curse that degenerated from your fore father or great grandparents, however, it might also be combination of both or the original curse from God. Whichever one, you can break it if you pray like Cain to God: Genesis 4:15, however, remember that, that should not becloud your thought.

People whom God blesses too faces challenges, remember Abraham Genesis 12:1-3, Just as Abraham was following God's instruction in getting out of his country, Pharaoh seized Abraham's wife, it took God's intervention (Genesis 12:17-20).

There are many in the bible that were blessed, but faced challenges, remember there is hardly any similarities in their challenges. Its all different. Your own challenges are what you are facing, you will need the wisdom of God such as it was given to solomon to overcome your challenges. Pray for divine wisdom to face your challenges, just like Paul the Apostle did (2 Conrinthians 12:8-11) when he prayed about a particular problem, God told him His grace was sufficient for him. I pray that God grace will be sufficient for you, because His grace will give you the courage and winning power.

My brother i will admonish you to take courage and do like Paul : (Roman 8:35, 37-9) That no matter what happens you will learn to trust God.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by ayeakamara(m): 11:21am On Oct 11, 2012
God2man: @ayeakamara, i am waiting for your real life experience, may be I can learn one or two things from you.

God2man.

Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by obalola7: 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
ayeakamara:

If the content of the link above is What you think you are curse on, i say NO, you just got it wrong.
I think there are mental and physical problems that you have. Apart from your physical ailment which God has help you cure, giving birth to children are your own mistakes.
A person with a dream must have challenges. You think the children of the rich dont have challenges too or their parents dont go through a lot. Yes they do.

However, hardship brings better disciplines not rust or indiscipline. Your problem is not Generational curse, rather its your act of indiscipline which has to do with your mental thinking, lack of advisers, and your inability to endure or control your self which relate to your physical problem.
Yet i understand where you are coming from. I know of a girl, while i was in Secondary School. I want to believe she is a house maid or she was brought from village to stay with her relatives, however, i observed that she is not social, and she would sometime urinate on herself if she sleep in class. My class mate would always laughed at her. I dont think she is intelligent, yet she did not fail, she is hardly seen with any friend. This girl graduated, although i can not say in fact her present status, but i saw here recently, but didnt say a word, she was looking ok.

In summary, i think what really affected you most was that your parents struggle and therefore could not instill discipline in you, if not there would have been no reason to dropout. Anyways, its past tense and lets talk about the current events. You have made mistakes and all you need to do is to pray to God to use those children as a tool to your greatness. Every challenge refines man and make a purpose driven man to get to his destination.
Your current situation is not a hard thing at all. If you treat those children right and their mother right, you will see that doors will open for you. Try your best to be responsible, if you dont have a job, try get one. Also, make sure you learn some (Trade)work, while you still put your future on a good track. Education is not always the solution to poverty, its good to have, but not a silver bullet. We have seen graduates dinning with poverty and we have seen illiterate, which you are not living in wealth.

Do not becloud yourself with so much negativity, they will hinder your progress. When you face challenges, call the mother of your children and the children and pray together. You will see that things will change. Try this for 3 months and if things does not change for you drop it. However, you must be discipline. Its not time to impregnate her again but to reconcile with her and have a roundtable prayer everyday and see how your way will prosper.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by tpia5: 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2012
if its possible for you to know your history, do so- it might give a better understanding of your present.

if it's not, still understand there might be something which has a right to you directly based on your dna.

1 chronicles 4

9 and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.

10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me!

And God granted him that which he requested.

Jabez was aware of his history, which is why he was able to turn to God for deliverance from the law of sin and death.

there was an evil which attached to him directly through his circumstances of history. It was constantly following him, and making things so he would always be held down by guilt and sorrow. Only the grace of God could help him in that situation. Most people would have advised him to use devilish means to "cure" himself. Bad advice which would only have continued the cycle.

He was freed AFTER he called on God.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by tpia5: 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
psalm 51

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.

16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by tpia5: 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2012
what do you think bloodguiltiness means?
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2012
k2039:
I dont beleive in generation curses,if my grandpa or dad did anything wrong to warrant a curse,that's their own.

brilliant submission.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by tpia5: 6:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2012
ayeakamara: @achina boy
With my little experience of life, i confirm that there is truly a 'GENERATIONAL CURSE' i wish i can narrate the story of my life to you. Btw I'm not religious and i don't buy alfas or pastors stories. But with what is going on in my life, men i confirm generational curse exists gigigba

you are being held hostage by your thoughts. the sooner you break free from this, the better for you.
Re: Do You Believe In Generational Curse by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
tpia@:
if its possible for you to know your history, do so- it might give a better understanding of your present.

if it's not, still understand there might be something which has a right to you directly based on your dna.

1 chronicles 4

Jabez was aware of his history, which is why he was able to turn to God for deliverance from the law of sin and death.

there was an evil which attached to him directly through his circumstances of history. It was constantly following him, and making things so he would always be held down by guilt and sorrow. Only the grace of God could help him in that situation. Most people would have advised him to use devilish means to "cure" himself. Bad advice which would only have continued the cycle.

He was freed AFTER he called on God.

wow, you sound like you were there at every moment of jabez's life to know that he indeed had a sorrowful life because of his name.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Genesis: A Great Work Of Plagiarism / Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man / Ogun Priests ~ How To Become Ogun Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.