Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

*** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** (200850 Views)

My Trip To Ireland Dublin / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / Nigerians In Ireland ''Dublin'' Etc, Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by DeeDunni: 7:00am On May 13, 2017
Hi guys,
I am new here and I can see lots of people have been getting answer to their questions.
Please when they sent you and email that your supporting documents are ready for collection , does it include your passport?
Because the spouse in the UK has already received all supporting documents. Thank you
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by seunshow: 1:32am On May 20, 2017
Hello gurus in the house,i need your sincere advice. Got offer for masters program from both Cit and Nui galway but finding it difficult to make a choice.How good are these schools and their employability rate in Ireland? Cork Vs galway, which is better for an international student in terms of employment,cost of living,etc as both are offering me the same masters program;although Cit has a cheaper tuition fee which is worth considering.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Emexnairaland(m): 4:24pm On May 20, 2017
please how much is Cit tuition fee?
seunshow:
Hello gurus in the house,i need your sincere advice. Got offer for masters program from both Cit and Nui galway but finding it difficult to make a choice.How good are these schools and their employability rate in Ireland? Cork Vs galway, which is better for an international student in terms of employment,cost of living,etc as both are offering me the same masters program;although Cit has a cheaper tuition fee which is worth considering.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Oversworld: 5:37pm On May 20, 2017
Hello Great Gurus in the house I appreciate your effort in helping people. I got admission in letter Kenny institute of technology Donogal, Please help me and throw more light on how that location looks like and the life of a student in terms of
1. Part time Jobs in that location
2. Cost of living
3. The people of Donogal in General

Secondly, last year my Canadian student visa application was refused twice, must I declare it in my Irish visa application, because I saw it in the immigration site. If i choose to declear the Canadian visa refusal, won't that be a red flag on my Irish visa application.

Furthermore, if I apply for student visa on the 14th of July 2017, will it be late, because school starts registration 11th September 2017,

Finally, What do you think about this education bond with paytostudy guys, can it settle the financial aspect of the student visa. because I indeed to pay for the bond too.

All the gurus here, like Dotcomnamenam and others please help a brother.
Thanks in advance, I look forward to your response
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by seunshow: 6:11pm On May 20, 2017
@Emexnairaland, Cit tuition fee is actually €12000 but am getting a 25% off that as scholarship.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Emexnairaland(m): 6:56pm On May 20, 2017
Alright thanks.
seunshow:
@Emexnairaland, Cit tuition fee is actually €12000 but am getting a 25% off that as scholarship.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Doctorfitz: 2:26pm On May 27, 2017
Pls house on the issue of family reunification,pls if you are knowledgeable on this topic Pls where can DNA tests be done? (approved places by INIS)

Secondly,pls if you have any tips on how not to get your application refused do kindly share Pls.

Cc. Dotcomnamename, mcowubaba,justwise
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by kakamsi: 2:20pm On May 30, 2017
Good day all, thank you for this thread and thanks to all the people who are contributing here voluntary. pleas i wish to know if it is mandatory to present IELTS OR TOELF during application for admission to uni. in Ireland.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Oversworld: 10:02am On May 31, 2017
kakamsi:
Good day all, thank you for this thread and thanks to all the people who are contributing here voluntary. pleas i wish to know if it is mandatory to present IELTS OR TOELF during application for admission to uni. in Ireland.

@kakamsi, depending on the school you are applying, it might be a requirement or might not.

Shalom!!!!
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by kakamsi: 12:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
Good day guys, please i just stumble upon this write up in google. i want to study in Ireland in Dublin Institute of technology [DIT] pre-master in computing and afterwards Msc. in computing. i have children and i intend to go with them but after reading this, it got me worried on how to go about it. please has anyone been in similar situation before? how do i go about this, your contribution is highly appreciated.

International students with children / family reunification

Can I bring my husband / wife / civil partner / children to Ireland while I study?

In general, non-EEA students have no rights to family reunification. Some exceptions to this policy are outlined below.

Partners/spouses and children will have to make their own visa applications as they cannot advance their application for permission to enter or reside in Ireland on the basis of their relationship to a registered non-EEA student.

Students will not be allowed to be joined by children except those born during their stay.

What are the exceptions to the policies outlined above?

The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Authority (INIS) may consider exemptions from the policy of no Family Reunification where:

The student is pursuing PhD studies (Level 10 on the National Framework of Qualifications) and will be required to complete their doctorate within 4 years; or
The student is a participant in an academic programme agreed between the Irish State and another State whereby the student and dependents are sufficiently funded for all expenses in Ireland; or
The student can demonstrate that they have sufficient funds on a yearly basis to support themselves and their family without engaging in employment and without recourse to public funds, e.g. by enrolling a child in a private, fee-paying school. (Plans for an immigration levy to recover the costs of publicly-funded education if children are accompanying a parent have been proposed. However, these are yet to be introduced); or
The child is on a short visit to their parent(s) who can prove that the child will return to their home county at the end of their visit.
For further details, see Section G of the INIS guide New Immigration Regime for Full Time Non-EEA Students

The Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) has advised that student parents accompanied by children (of whatever age) not authorised to enter Ireland will be stopped at the port of entry in Ireland and refused permission to land.

How does this relate to immigration registration?

First time students from outside the EEA presenting for registration with the GNIB are asked to confirm that they are neither accompanied by children nor do they intend to have their children join them later on - unless covered by specific arrangements as indicated above.

If I have a child in Ireland during my studies, what will be his/her status?

Children born in Ireland are not automatically entitled to Irish citizenship unless they have an Irish or British parent. In all other cases, entitlement to citizenship is based on proving a firm link to Ireland through a parent being legally resident for at least 3 of the 4 years prior to the birth and documented as such by the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB). » More
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by niyogeol(m): 7:32pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hello there,

Is there anyone here resuming at University College Dublin in September? If yes, holla.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by pristine88: 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone

I am about to pay my tuition to national college Ireland for my Masters but before i do i would like to ask residents in the house

1. I heard Ireland issues a 2 year post study visa,Is it true?

2.Whats Dublin like, the people and night life?

3. Cost of living especially within Dublin.. Average cost of a studio apartment?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by niyogeol(m): 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2017
pristine88:
Hi Everyone

I am about to pay my tuition to national college Ireland for my Masters but before i do i would like to ask residents in the house

1. I heard Ireland issues a 2 year post study visa,Is it true?

2.Whats Dublin like, the people and night life?

3. Cost of living especially within Dublin.. Average cost of a studio apartment?

I only have answer to your first question. The post study has been increased to two years. But you won't be given the two years at a time. One year first, which is renewable for another year.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by gurlnext2u: 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2017
I think you'll need to show sufficient funds in your account that you can cater for your kids without using government funds or enrolling them in public schools which is free.
You can get admission for your children in a private school and pay their fees then your children will have to have their own student visa application.
Bear in mind that private schools are very expensive!
I wish you the best.
kakamsi:
Good day guys, please i just stumble upon this write up in google. i want to study in Ireland in Dublin Institute of technology [DIT] pre-master in computing and afterwards Msc. in computing. i have children and i intend to go with them but after reading this, it got me worried on how to go about it. please has anyone been in similar situation before? how do i go about this, your contribution is highly appreciated.

International students with children / family reunification

Can I bring my husband / wife / civil partner / children to Ireland while I study?

In general, non-EEA students have no rights to family reunification. Some exceptions to this policy are outlined below.

Partners/spouses and children will have to make their own visa applications as they cannot advance their application for permission to enter or reside in Ireland on the basis of their relationship to a registered non-EEA student.

Students will not be allowed to be joined by children except those born during their stay.

What are the exceptions to the policies outlined above?

The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Authority (INIS) may consider exemptions from the policy of no Family Reunification where:

The student is pursuing PhD studies (Level 10 on the National Framework of Qualifications) and will be required to complete their doctorate within 4 years; or
The student is a participant in an academic programme agreed between the Irish State and another State whereby the student and dependents are sufficiently funded for all expenses in Ireland; or
The student can demonstrate that they have sufficient funds on a yearly basis to support themselves and their family without engaging in employment and without recourse to public funds, e.g. by enrolling a child in a private, fee-paying school. (Plans for an immigration levy to recover the costs of publicly-funded education if children are accompanying a parent have been proposed. However, these are yet to be introduced); or
The child is on a short visit to their parent(s) who can prove that the child will return to their home county at the end of their visit.
For further details, see Section G of the INIS guide New Immigration Regime for Full Time Non-EEA Students

The Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) has advised that student parents accompanied by children (of whatever age) not authorised to enter Ireland will be stopped at the port of entry in Ireland and refused permission to land.

How does this relate to immigration registration?

First time students from outside the EEA presenting for registration with the GNIB are asked to confirm that they are neither accompanied by children nor do they intend to have their children join them later on - unless covered by specific arrangements as indicated above.

If I have a child in Ireland during my studies, what will be his/her status?

Children born in Ireland are not automatically entitled to Irish citizenship unless they have an Irish or British parent. In all other cases, entitlement to citizenship is based on proving a firm link to Ireland through a parent being legally resident for at least 3 of the 4 years prior to the birth and documented as such by the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB). » More

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dizzynet: 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am about sending in my application for study visa.

I just observed an "evidence of english level" requirement on the requirements page , and they require test results like ielts, toefl etc.

I was offered masters admission without having to submit any ielts or toefl certificate and so I never imagined It would be a compulsory visa requirement.

Please gurus in the house or anyone that has gotten approved study visa , is it compulsory to submit ielts or toefl results with visa application ??

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by 4show1: 10:46am On Jun 28, 2017
Hello house, i just got an admission to study in dublin. Can anyone help with the study permit requirements.
My major question is, how much is needed in the account for a successful visa application. I was recently refused a study permit and i do not want to gamble with this. Also School starts in September, is it okay to apply for my visa three weeks to the resumption time or the embassy has a timr frame to which they will not attend to study permits anymore. I really need help
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
UCD??
4show1:
Hello house, i just got an admission to study in dublin. Can anyone help with the study permit requirements.
My major question is, how much is needed in the account for a successful visa application. I was recently refused a study permit and i do not want to gamble with this. Also School starts in September, is it okay to apply for my visa three weeks to the resumption time or the embassy has a timr frame to which they will not attend to study permits anymore. I really need help

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by niyogeol(m): 8:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
4show1:
Account requirement is dependent on how much your tuition is. The embassy demand you have €7000 as upkeep for one calendar year. You can pay your tuition in full before applying if you have the required sum in place, while you make arrangement for the upkeep sum to be in your account or that of sponsor.

Irish study visa takes two (2) months or longer to process. It is advisable you factor this into your schedule.

Requirements for Irish study visa include but not limited to:

1)Admission letter from the institution you'll be attending.

2)Evidence of deposit fee payment - if your your tuition is above €6000, you'll have to pay €6000 upfront. If tuition is below €6000, you'll have to pay it in full.

3)Evidence of Health Insurance - This can be purchased from some vendors in Ireland while you are still in your home country.

4)Degree certificate that shows you qualify for the proposed course you have been admitted to.

5)Evidence of English proficiency - TOEFL or IELTS.

6)International passport valid for more than Six (6) months.

7)Two passport photograph on coloured background.

coolApplication form to be filled online

9)Evidence of any work history you put in your application.

10)Letter of application for visa - to be typed.

11)Letter of consent from parent if applicant is below 18 years of age.

This is all I can remember for now.

PS: The documents stated above are not in any order. Also, note that you are expected to submit original copies and photocopies of all supporting documents.

2 Likes

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Intergrity19: 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2017
hello house pls i really need to process ireland tourist visa as fast as possible the agent i contacted is telling me #450,000 and that is his last price.
abeg if any person dey here wen fit do am for for cheaper price i will really appreciate
i would have done it my self but i have some barriers such as 6 month bank statement, supporting document for purpose of trip etc

pls i need help elliotprosper20@gmail.com
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by 4show1: 6:58am On Jun 30, 2017
Oversworld:
Hello Great Gurus in the house I appreciate your effort in helping people. I got admission in letter Kenny institute of technology Donogal, Please help me and throw more light on how that location looks like and the life of a student in terms of
1. Part time Jobs in that location
2. Cost of living
3. The people of Donogal in General

Secondly, last year my Canadian student visa application was refused twice, must I declare it in my Irish visa application, because I saw it in the immigration site. If i choose to declear the Canadian visa refusal, won't that be a red flag on my Irish visa application.

Furthermore, if I apply for student visa on the 14th of July 2017, will it be late, because school starts registration 11th September 2017,

Finally, What do you think about this education bond with paytostudy guys, can it settle the financial aspect of the student visa. because I indeed to pay for the bond too.

All the gurus here, like Dotcomnamenam and others please help a brother.
Thanks in advance, I look forward to your response

Please have you applied, if yes, how did it go
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Mcowubaba: 8:37am On Jun 30, 2017
dizzynet:
Hi Guys,

I am about sending in my application for study visa.

I just observed an "evidence of english level" requirement on the requirements page , and they require test results like ielts, toefl etc.

I was offered masters admission without having to submit any ielts or toefl certificate and so I never imagined It would be a compulsory visa requirement.

Please gurus in the house or anyone that has gotten approved study visa , is it compulsory to submit ielts or toefl results with visa application ??
Send the Embassy a mail,
AbujaEmbassy@dfa.ie
https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/nigeria/contact-us/

Just briefly explain the situation
The will tell you what to do, I could have told you, but I want you to hear it directly from the Embassy.. Lol

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Mcowubaba: 8:45am On Jun 30, 2017
Intergrity19:
hello house pls i really need to process ireland tourist visa as fast as possible the agent i contacted is telling me #450,000 and that is his last price.
abeg if any person dey here wen fit do am for for cheaper price i will really appreciate
i would have done it my self but i have some barriers such as 6 month bank statement, supporting document for purpose of trip etc

I'm just gonna be blunt with you
The agent or any other agent may get you banned.
If you don't have the required documents for Irish tourist visa, there is really no need trying to move around it..

I'm not judging or condemning you, but my advice is wait/postpone your planned journey to Ireland, until you can get all required documents.
You put up your contact, be careful of fraudsters, Tel will promise you heaven and earth, but you'll get duped

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Oversworld: 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=Intergrity19 post=57933497]hello house pls i really need to process ireland tourist visa as fast as possible the agent i contacted is telling me #450,000 and that is his last price.

@Intergrity listen to what Mcowubaba has said. That was a perfect comment. Ireland is number one in document verification. Don't present any document that is not 100% genuine else you will get 5 years ban. A word is enough for the wise.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by 4show1: 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
geobukky:
UCD??

Yes UCD. Do you have any information for me
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
4show1:

Yes UCD. Do you have any information for me
Send Pm, resuming there too
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Chuksbae: 2:27am On Jul 06, 2017
[Thanks for your reply. Uk reasons were that I didn't meet up with financial requirements. I appealed and is still on going. Will list the refusals . They are asking of the refusal letters to be added in the application but I don't have one of them. Don't know what to do. quote author=Mcowubaba post=56351271]
U must always disclose any Visa denial and Criminal records if any!!!
You were refused Spouse visa to UK twice, that's not good.
Did you appeal or get any explanation in this regard..

On Affecting your Visa Success, it's a possibility, but with a good legitimate Application, your application for Ireland should be successful.
That's if you have corrected or worked on the issues that led to your previous denials of UK spousal visa [/quote]
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by seunny4lif(m): 3:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
dotcomnamename:

I lived in Co.Dublin before, i currently live in County Louth. I wish you a successful application.
Hello
Can i Pm you?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by fpeter(f): 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Send them a mail and ask them, they will reply you asap https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/nigeria/contact-us/

Hello, Please help a sister.

My husband is an irish citizen living in London. I live and work in Nigeria, we have been married for over 2yrs.
I wish to spend Christmas with him in Ireland. I've been to London twice, what are my chances for the Irish visa?
NOTE: I don't wish to live abroad.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by fpeter(f): 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
Chuksbae:
Hello guys. Thanks for the good work. Please I need your help and clarification. My husband is British and am Nigerian, he wishes to exercise his treaty right in Ireland and apply accompaniment visa to Ireland. My fear is this I have been refused spouse visa to Uk twice. Will this affect the visa success? Must I disclose it? Please I need your advice. Thanks in anticipation.

Please how did it go?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by seunny4lif(m): 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2017
fpeter:

Hello, Please help a sister.

My husband is an irish citizen living in London. I live and work in Nigeria, we have been married for over 2yrs.
I wish to spend Christmas with him in Ireland. I've been to London twice, what are my chances for the Irish visa?
NOTE: I don't wish to live abroad.
You cant travel from UK to Ireland

Your husband should get you a EU member family resident card since you are married to him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (44) (Reply)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.