Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,906 members, 7,841,406 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia (7213 Views)

Saudi Prince Blames African Pilgrims For The Stampede In Mecca / Nigerian Islamic Scholar Dies In Saudi Arabia / 20 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Mecca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 08, 2012
maclatunji:

Shaking my head.
I know you will comment,cos this is related to the moslem,religion fanatic.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by wakky4me(m): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
akthedream: Why not focus on the current trend of your Pastors dumping their wives in search of Virgins.You must be thinking that you are one funny goat.When you meet an atheist now,you will remain dump.Your god must be really ashame of you.
Seconded grin
akthedream: Why not focus on the current trend of your Pastors dumping their wives in search of Virgins.You must be thinking that you are one funny goat.When you meet an atheist now,you will remain dump.Your god must be really ashame of you.
Seconded
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by hotwax: 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2012
Sad,may their souls rest in perfect peace ,amen.
3 X 77 = 231 virgins

What about women? Are they gonna get virgins too?
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by shawnkels: 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
hmmmmm.B4 u go no nah...dem go say nah heaven him\her dey go because dem die 4 mecca...hmmm,holy death....buh i stil console wit d family....sowwry..
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by mallorca(m): 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
RIP
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by chucky234(m): 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2012
Clueless goon,atheists are hopeless that's why I don't give a fvck about them. Hope that stick into your empty skull,dumbass.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by chucky234(m): 1:56pm On Oct 08, 2012
hotwax:

Yes oooooo
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by seyibrown(f): 1:58pm On Oct 08, 2012
RIP
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by yurLink: 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
this whole rubbish about muslims getting virgins is really getting stale, some say it's 77, 72, 76 or 777...the really silly part it is that is is mostly propagated by Non - Muslims, generally Christians, There is no part of the quran referring to Muslims getting "Virgins" for whatever reasons in the quran at the disposal of pious men..i believe muslims should start to dispel this myth before some start to believe it is actually true

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by jpphilips(m): 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2012
Wait a minute!!!

why do the Govt sponsor religious pilgrimage? are there countries that operate same way?
is it some sort of religious subsidy while energy remains unsubsidized?

i learnt that most teaching hospitals and state General hospitals don't have dialysis machines is it true?

i believe that most of these elderly pilgrims has at one time or the other had relatives that their life depended on those machines.
is it right to sacrifice a life saving machine of 5m on the alter of pilgrimage? are we saying that Northerners are immune to diabetes.

just thinking aloud!!!
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by maclatunji: 3:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
yur Link: this whole rubbish about muslims getting virgins is really getting stale, some say it's 77, 72, 76 or 777...the really silly part it is that is is mostly propagated by Non - Muslims, generally Christians, There is no part of the quran referring to Muslims getting "Virgins" for whatever reasons in the quran at the disposal of pious men..i believe muslims should start to dispel this myth before some start to believe it is actually true

Let the intellectually weak continue to show their folly. Attempts to educate them only make them dig deeper into their well of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by Psylas(m): 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
sulex947: pls try nd get educated, cos u re still ignorant about so many facts around u
don't him! It's 72 X 3 =
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by Psylas(m): 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
yur Link: this whole rubbish about muslims getting virgins is really getting stale, some say it's 77, 72, 76 or 777...the really silly part it is that is is mostly propagated by Non - Muslims, generally Christians, There is no part of the quran referring to Muslims getting "Virgins" for whatever reasons in the quran at the disposal of pious men..i believe muslims should start to dispel this myth before some start to believe it is actually true
wetin u mean? Doz maiden no be virgin
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by sunkoye: 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2012
booqee: they died in holy land doesn't mean they're holy and therefore doesn't also mean they're going to al janna or paradise or wor dyu call it. So don't yet give them false hope of getting their 72virgins..assuming they're males anyway. RIP to them sha.
helloooo...i av neva heard of female's benefit. am a guy but i fink it is quite unfair for them to they do "siddon look" or do they hav pile of 77 male virgins too? just tinking ni ooo!
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by sunkoye: 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
ah ha 777 ke!...u want to kill sum1 in afterlife ni grin
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by LagosShia: 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2012
hotwax:

There is no harm if you decide to choose for your mom,sisters and wives 72 male virgins each in aljannah.you can also ask them if they desire it "big" or just "average".they can have 72 male virgins each but they have to do it according to Islamic law-one at a time for the females and ofcourse it must be marriage and divorce one after the other also observing Iddah perhaps.I hope they wouldn't ask to have all the 72 at once?
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by ParisLove2(f): 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2012
LOL
Muslims are calculating the number of virgins the pilgrims will get
There is no harm if you decide to choose for your mom,sisters and wives 72 male virgins each in aljannah.
Even in your Allah's aljanah women still don't get a say? Men's world and paradise. I so pity the muslimahs

grin grin grin
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by Beync(f): 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2012
It's unfair if the women doesn't get their equal share of 72 celibates after death tongue tongue
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by LagosShia: 12:03am On Oct 09, 2012
Paris-Love:
LOL
Muslims are calculating the number of virgins the pilgrims will get
Even in your Allah's aljanah women still don't get a say? Men's world and paradise. I so pity the muslimahs

grin grin grin

Burn The Daughter!
"And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the LovePeddler, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."(Leviticus 21:9)

Cut Off Her Hand!
"When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her."(Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

Female Births Get Penalty
"Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean." (Leviticus 12:2)"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)

Female Inferiority
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3)"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

Jesus Will Kill Children
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works." (Revelation 2:22-23)

Kill The Witches!
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. Whoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death. He that sacrificeth unto any god, save to the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed." (Exodus 22:18-20)

Ra.pe My Daughter
"Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go."(Judges 19:24-25)

Silence The Woman!
"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

Stone The Woman!
"If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;" (Deuteronomy 22:22)"Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you."(Deuteronomy 22:24)

Virgin's Worth
"If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silvers, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days." (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

Wives, Submit Yourselves!
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:22-24)

Women Shall Not Speak
"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."(I Corinthians 14:34-35)

Women's Sorrow
"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." (Genesis 3:16)

Rip Up Pregnant Women
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up." (Hosea 13:16)

The Wicked Woman
"Give me any plague, but the plague of the heart: and any wickedness, but the wickedness of a woman." (Eccles. 25:13)"Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die." (Eccles. 25:22)"If she go not as thou wouldest have her, cut her off from thy flesh, and give her a bill of divorce, and let her go." (Eccles. 25: 26)"The whoredom of a woman may be known in her haughty looks and eyelids. If thy daughter be shameless, keep her in straitly, lest she abuse herself through overmuch liberty." (Eccles. 26:9-10)"A silent and loving woman is a gift of the Lord: and there is nothing so much worth as a mind well instructed. A shamefaced and faithful woman is a double grace, and her continent mind cannot be valued." (Eccles. 26:14-15)"A shameless woman shall be counted as a dog; but she that is shamefaced will fear the Lord." (Eccles.26:25)"For from garments cometh a moth, and from women wickedness. Better is the churlishness of a man than a courteous woman, a woman, I say, which bringeth shame and reproach." (Eccles. 42:13-14)

Shave Off Her Hair!
"For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered".(1 Corinthians 11:6)Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;(Deuteronomy 21:12)
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by ParisLove2(f): 7:37am On Oct 09, 2012
^^^^

First of all most of the verses you quote re old testaments which was referring to Isrealites living under the law. It no longer applies to Christians as NT made it clear several times
John1:17 God gave the law through moses, but grace and truth came through Christ.

So with Jesus’ atonement, we are no longer required to
keep the Law. We are not under Law, but grace ( Rom.
6:14-15)

The rest of your quotes are warning to sinners. Can you say your allah let sinners go free?

You also quoted 1corintians i don't know what you're saying by that as the verse made it clear if the woman does not cover her head, she might as well cut her hair, but since it's a shameful thing for a woman to shave her hair, she should cover it. Then verse 16 says her long hair is given unto her as her covering.

But since you the decided to play the 'you too' argument,let's play it.

*. its being lawful for men to have four wives, but for a woman to have only one husband;
Surah4:3
If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, marry women of your choice, two or three or four;

*“When Eve ate fruit which He had forbidden to her from the tree in Paradise, the Lord, be He praised, cursed women with eighteen punishments one of which is:
* menstruation is a disease;
Surah2:222
They question thee (O
Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say it is an illnessshocked

beat them
Surah4:34
...As to those women On whose part
ye fear Disloyalty and ill-conduct Admonish them (first)], (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them. first verbal abuse, second psychological abuse and thirdly physical abuse

A Woman’s Testimony is HALF as Valuable as a
Man’s

Qur’an (2:282) – “And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women.” With this law many women have been convicted for being råpe victims since their testimony can't be accepted.

Lock them away till death take their poor soul.
Surah415
Those who commit unlawful sexual intercourse of your women confine the guilty women to houses until death takes them or Allah ordains for them [another] way.

Women re majority in hell
Bukhari 7.62.125
"Then I saw the (Hell) Fire, and I have never before, seen such a horrible sight as that, and I saw that the majority of its dwellers were women."

Angels will curse women
Bukhari 4.54.450
Allah's Apostle said, "If a husband calls his wife to his bed (i.e. to have sexual relation) and she refuses and causes him to sleep in anger, the angels will curse her till morning." Bukhari 4.54.450

It is hilarious to think that the angels have nothing better to do than sit around and curse the poor woman all the night for depriving them from watchingthe live Indecency show. If Allah must punish woman for not satisfying the sexual needs of their husbands whydoes he needs angels to lobby him for it? Isn’t it a waste of angel’s resources?
In one sense this is all truly very funny. But in another, much larger sense, it is a tragedy.
And can you please show us the verse that deals about ®ape? Seems allah left that out
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by ghazzal: 8:52am On Oct 09, 2012
why cant christians just REMOVE THE OLD TESTAMENT FROM THE BIBKE if thet dont believe in it and they dont want pple to refer to it,.. why is it still there.............. but i think they cant do that..... usually, the forget that JESUS SAID HE HAS NOT COME TO CHANGE THE LAW...
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by maclatunji: 9:00am On Oct 09, 2012
ghazzal: why cant christians just REMOVE THE OLD TESTAMENT FROM THE BIBLE if thet dont believe in it and they dont want pple to refer to it,.. why is it still there.............. but i think they cant do that..... usually, the forget that JESUS SAID HE HAS NOT COME TO CHANGE THE LAW...

@bolded, very simple.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by Afeeztemitope(m): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2012
إنا لله وإنا إليه الراجعون. إنا لله وإنا إليه الراجعون.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by ParisLove2(f): 10:43am On Oct 09, 2012
ghazzal: why cant christians just REMOVE THE OLD TESTAMENT FROM THE BIBKE if thet dont believe in it and they dont want pple to refer to it,.. why is it still there..............
Why remove it? It helps to keep in touch with ones roots. Let's face all the stories in the Quran starting from Adam and Eve to that of Jesus are from the bible. How do you source those stories without the bible?
but i think they cant do that..... usually, the forget that JESUS SAID HE HAS NOT COME TO CHANGE THE LAW...
[b]It's very criminal of you not to complete that statement. Jesus said “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them". Christ did not suggest here that the binding nature of the law of Moses would remain forever in effect. Such a view would contradicteverything we learn from the balance of the New Testament ( Romans 10:4 ; Galatians 3:23-25 ; Ephesians 2:15 ). Jesus did not come to this earth for the purpose of acting as an opponent of the law.Christ fulfilled the demands of the Mosaic law, which called for perfect obedience under threat of a “curse” (Galatians 3:10 , 13 ). In this sense, the law’s divine design will ever have an abiding effect. It will always accomplish the purpose for which it was given.
If, however, the law of Moses bears the same relationship to men today, in terms of its binding status, then it was not fulfilled, and Jesus failed at what He came to do. On the other hand, if the Lord did accomplish His goal, then the law was fulfilled, and it is not a binding legal institution today. Jesus plainly said that not one “jot or tittle” would pass away until all was fulfilled. Consequently, nothing of the law was to fail until it had completely accomplished its purpose. Jesus fulfilled the law. Jesus fulfilled all of the law. We cannot say that Jesus fulfilled the sacrificial system, but did not fulfill the other aspects of the law. Jesus either fulfilled all of the law, or none of it.
[/b]

and BTW smart pants i ask you a question in this THREAD. It seems you've gone AWOL.

Now enough trolling. Let's stay on the topic. It's about three dead pilgrims and the number of virgins they'll get tongue
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by LagosShia: 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2012
Paris-Love:
^^^^

First of all most of the verses you quote re old testaments which was referring to Isrealites living under the law. It no longer applies to Christians as NT made it clear several times
John1:17 God gave the law through moses, but grace and truth came through Christ.

So with Jesus’ atonement, we are no longer required to
keep the Law. We are not under Law, but grace ( Rom.
6:14-15)

The rest of your quotes are warning to sinners. Can you say your allah let sinners go free?

You also quoted 1corintians i don't know what you're saying by that as the verse made it clear if the woman does not cover her head, she might as well cut her hair, but since it's a shameful thing for a woman to shave her hair, she should cover it. Then verse 16 says her long hair is given unto her as her covering.

But since you the decided to play the 'you too' argument,let's play it.

*. its being lawful for men to have four wives, but for a woman to have only one husband;
Surah4:3
If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, marry women of your choice, two or three or four;

*“When Eve ate fruit which He had forbidden to her from the tree in Paradise, the Lord, be He praised, cursed women with eighteen punishments one of which is:
* menstruation is a disease;
Surah2:222
They question thee (O
Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say it is an illnessshocked

beat them
Surah4:34
...As to those women On whose part
ye fear Disloyalty and ill-conduct Admonish them (first)], (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them. first verbal abuse, second psychological abuse and thirdly physical abuse

A Woman’s Testimony is HALF as Valuable as a
Man’s

Qur’an (2:282) – “And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women.” With this law many women have been convicted for being råpe victims since their testimony can't be accepted.

Lock them away till death take their poor soul.
Surah415
Those who commit unlawful sexual intercourse of your women confine the guilty women to houses until death takes them or Allah ordains for them [another] way.

Women re majority in hell
Bukhari 7.62.125
"Then I saw the (Hell) Fire, and I have never before, seen such a horrible sight as that, and I saw that the majority of its dwellers were women."

Angels will curse women
Bukhari 4.54.450
Allah's Apostle said, "If a husband calls his wife to his bed (i.e. to have sexual relation) and she refuses and causes him to sleep in anger, the angels will curse her till morning." Bukhari 4.54.450

It is hilarious to think that the angels have nothing better to do than sit around and curse the poor woman all the night for depriving them from watchingthe live Indecency show. If Allah must punish woman for not satisfying the sexual needs of their husbands whydoes he needs angels to lobby him for it? Isn’t it a waste of angel’s resources?
In one sense this is all truly very funny. But in another, much larger sense, it is a tragedy.
And can you please show us the verse that deals about ®ape? Seems allah left that out

First:
-Jesus said he came to fulfill and compliment the law and not to destroy the prophets
-he emphasized in several places on obeying the law and observing the commanments which christians don't do.
-old testament or "young testament" you believe the entire bible was inspired by the same spirit that inspired Jesus (as) himself.

Second:
-when quoting the verses of the Quran,do so directly and completely
-do not smuggle your dishonesty in twisting words and deliberately mistranslating the words
-present the entire verse word for word from a reliable translation as I quoted the bible verses verbatim without addition or subtraction from a christian bible website.then you'd realize you're mentally unstable or under an evil spell.
Re: 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia by DevotedOne(m): 9:49pm On Oct 09, 2012
In The Name of The Only One, The Almighty, The Eternal, The Self-Subsisting in Whom All subsist. Peace be upon you, everyone.

Odd that this is taken as an extreme misfortune. I've known for years that some people go to Al haj praying that Allaah (SWT) will take them to HIMSELF, (or paradise). I cannot offer proof, but I've heard that about two hundred hajji die there during haj season. The meningitis vaccine isn't particularly safe, and yet, it is a requirement presently.

Wassalaam. DevotedOne.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ruling On Celebrating Valentine Day / Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 / Becoming One Of Allah's Special People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.