Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 (7216 Views)

What Is Eid Al Adha ? / Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / Eid Al Adha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by sinaoye(m): 9:30am On Oct 28, 2011
Barka d Sallah to all muslims. Sallah is on Sunday 6th November and Arafat day is Saturday 5th November.

Saudi Arabia announces November sixth as the first day of Eid al-Adha

Thursday, 27 October 2011

As many as three million Muslims from around the world performed Hajj in Mecca in 2010.

By Al Arabiya
Dubai

The Saudi higher court in Riyadh announced on late Thursday that Friday is the first day of Dhu al-Hija Islamic month and that Eid al-Adha will be on Sunday November 6th, 2011.

Dhu al-Hija or “the one of pilgrimage” is the twelfth and the last month of the Islamic calendar.

The higher court decided on the eid date after an investigative session citing experts’ witness accounts that said that the crescent of the Dhu al-Hija has been observed.

Eid al-Adha or “Greater Eid” is an important religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide to commemorate the willingness of prophet Abarahm to sacrifice his son Ismail as an act of obedience to God, before God intervened.

The event of standing on Mount Arafat will be on Saturday November 5th, 2011, the higher court added.

Mount Arafat is also known as the Mount of Mercy, and is the hill that Muslims believe that prophet Muhammad stood and delivered the farewell sermon to the Muslims who had accompanied him for the pilgrimage towards the end of his life. It reaches about 70 meters in height.

Eid al-Adha celebrations start right after pilgrims descend from Mount Arafat.

During Eid al-Adha, many Muslims visit family and friends, exchange greetings and gifts, and make donations to the poor and needy.
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by Dabss(m): 9:32am On Oct 28, 2011
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by deols(f): 10:42am On Oct 28, 2011
@op, thanks!

Happy eid al adha to all Muslims in advance. Dont forget the lessons of the eid which is 'sacrifice'. Share with your neighbours- both Muslims and christians. atheists too. May Allah accept all our deeds as Iba'dah (amin)

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by dandollar1: 12:50am On Oct 29, 2011
Abeg, when is there going to be public holiday for us in nigeria?
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by seedord247(m): 1:28am On Oct 29, 2011
My heart start to Boil Immediately I see this page.

Wish I can go back home and Celebrate this Blessed Festive.

Ekun odun eyin Omo Iya Mi ninu esin Musulumi

Ase yi Sha mo dun o o oo
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by IbroSaunks(m): 2:57am On Oct 29, 2011
happy eid ul-adha to @deols , @maclatunji, @seedorf, and all the other beautiful nairaland Muslims! eid Mubarak.
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by Roland17(m): 3:32am On Oct 29, 2011
Wishing scash and other Muslims on this forum a wonderful celebrations,
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by Kasmire: 4:43am On Oct 29, 2011
Sorry 4 distrction 4rm d topic.pls i need any jorunal/article materials in any topic related 2 issues in industrial relation.I wl really appreciate if u can send it 2 my e-mail:chukwuma.okpara@yahoo.com.THNKS
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by bbwlurv(m): 6:02am On Oct 29, 2011
Eid mubarak to u all too, may d blesings of d day be bestowed on us,insha allah, ma salam
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by Suntemi(m): 6:16am On Oct 29, 2011
E ku odun o.
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by begwong: 6:32am On Oct 29, 2011
Barka da sallah in advance to all muslim faithfuls on NL!
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by Nyntynplus: 6:36am On Oct 29, 2011
May Peace & Blessings of Allah be unto Nigeria & Nigerian's, May all d Evil & Devilsh Act come 2 an End in Our belove Country. BARKA DA SALLAH!
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by musawisdom(m): 6:39am On Oct 29, 2011
Barka da salah[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by musawisdom(m): 6:46am On Oct 29, 2011
Pls ensure to tel any relatives performing hajj to remember nigeria in dr prayers. They shd seek forgiveness for the nations sins
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by Dawdy(m): 7:00am On Oct 29, 2011
Eid mubarak to All!
My prayer, my sacrifice, my life, and my death are all for Allah, the lord of the universe.
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by azeezengr(m): 7:08am On Oct 29, 2011
Aseyi samodun, Barka de salah, Wishing all a blessed and fun-filled celebrations, Holiday in Nigeria will definitely be 7th and 8th, government will announce not later than next Thursday!!
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by Remii(m): 7:12am On Oct 29, 2011
dan_dollar:

Abeg, when is there going to be public holiday for us in nigeria?

It should be 7 and 8 Nov, 2011 (MOn & Tue).
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by Deen4me(m): 7:21am On Oct 29, 2011
Salam Alaikum

There is a common misconception on the below quote.

There is no documented evidence in the Quran and Sunnah of the Rasul, that indicates that Prophet Ibrahim AS made a promise to Allah to sacrifice his son to Him.

Eid al-Adhaa is the tenth day of Dhoo’l-Hijjah, the last (twelfth) month of the Hijri or Islamic calendar. It is, as the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The greatest day in the sight of Allaah, may He be blessed and exalted, the Day of Sacrifice . . .” (Reported by Abu Dawud; see also Saheeh al-Jaami‘, 1064)

The reason why it is described as the greatest day of the year is that it combines so many acts of worship which are not combined on any other day, such as the Eid prayer, offering the sacrifice, reciting Takbeer (glorifying Allaah), and widespread remembrance of Allaah. For the pilgrims in Makkah, it also includes offering a sacrifice, stoning the pillars representing Shaytaan (the devil), shaving the head (for men only; women merely cut a little off their hair), and performing Tawaaf (circumambulation of the Ka‘bah) and Sa‘ee (running between the two hills of Safaa and Marwa).
sinaoye:

Eid al-Adha or “Greater Eid” is an important religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide to commemorate the willingness of prophet Abarahm to sacrifice his son Ismail as an act of obedience to God, before God intervened.

May Allah Guide us aright
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by reloboy(m): 8:02am On Oct 29, 2011
Barka de Salah to all my muslim brothers all over the world
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by dabrake(m): 8:07am On Oct 29, 2011
I'v gt system analysis and designs exam dat day. Smh. Barka de sallah 2 AL[/b]ma[b]J[/b]iri boko[b]HAREM
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by newacca: 8:40am On Oct 29, 2011
smiley cheesy ALLAHU AKBAR! Happy eid-el Adha to all Muslims in Nigeria and across the globe.
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by dvee2: 8:55am On Oct 29, 2011
Happy Eid in advance to all my muslim brothers, as you celebrate please bear this in mind
" It is very important to understand that the sacrifice itself, as practiced by Muslims, has nothing to do with atoning for our sins or using the blood to wash ourselves from sin. This is a misunderstanding by those of previous generations. It is not the meat nor the blood that reaches Allah; it is your piety that reaches Him". (Qur’an 22:37).
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by tolu001: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2011
Happy Eid-al Adha celebrations to all my fellow Muslims on NL and the entire Muslim Ummah all over the world. May the peace and blessings of the season be with us all and may Allah Almighty accept it as an act of Ibaadah from us.

Bijahi WaRosuulihi (Amin)
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by Joy2Dwise: 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2011
Happy Eid to all my Muslim brothers and friends. Hope I'm invited to dine with U.
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by nnwniger: 2:47pm On Oct 29, 2011
At last, Boko Haram can take some days off to thank their god
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by deols(f): 5:44pm On Oct 29, 2011
IbroSaunks:

happy eid ul-adha to @deols , @maclatunji, @seedorf, and all the other beautiful nairaland Muslims! eid Mubarak.

thank you! wink smiley

Deen4me:

Salam Alaikum

There is a common misconception on the below quote.

There is no documented evidence in the Quran and Sunnah of the Rasul, that indicates that Prophet Ibrahim AS made a promise to Allah to sacrifice his son to Him.

Eid al-Adhaa is the tenth day of Dhoo’l-Hijjah, the last (twelfth) month of the Hijri or Islamic calendar. It is, as the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The greatest day in the sight of Allaah, may He be blessed and exalted, the Day of Sacrifice . . .” (Reported by Abu Dawud; see also Saheeh al-Jaami‘, 1064)

The reason why it is described as the greatest day of the year is that it combines so many acts of worship which are not combined on any other day, such as the Eid prayer, offering the sacrifice, reciting Takbeer (glorifying Allaah), and widespread remembrance of Allaah. For the pilgrims in Makkah, it also includes offering a sacrifice, stoning the pillars representing Shaytaan (the devil), shaving the head (for men only; women merely cut a little off their hair), and performing Tawaaf (circumambulation of the Ka‘bah) and Sa‘ee (running between the two hills of Safaa and Marwa).

May Allah Guide us aright

mashaAllah. thanks for this.
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by deols(f): 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2011
what should a Muslim be doing at this period? the 1st ten days of dhul hijja- read here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-791477.0.html
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by Deen4me(m): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2011
deols:

thank you! wink smiley

mashaAllah. thanks for this.

You are welcome sis,

May Allah continue to guide us aright
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by delpee(f): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2011
Barka de sallah in advance to our dear muslim brothers and sisters. May you live to see many more.
So we can look forward to our share of sallah ram next week?
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by Aussie(m): 12:07am On Oct 30, 2011
Mna wah oo. Why are people so selfish and self-centered? U are all sending greetings to muslims and muslim bros and sis on NL, na only dem dey use NL? Why leave us the xtians out? Or u think we won't be part of the holiday and won't eat sallah meat. Pls, we are all one and the Quranic story about this special day is also in our own Holy Bible. We are one, pls. Enjoy the season and so no evil but good. My heart to all manking of good peaceful attitude. May our supplications to Allah and God not be in vain- Amin/Amen.
Re: Eid Al Adha Is On Sunday 6/11/11 by Aussie(m): 12:14am On Oct 30, 2011
Mna wah oo. Why are people so selfish and self-centered? U are all sending greetings to muslims and muslim bros and sis on NL, na only dem dey use NL? Why leave us the xtians out? Or u think we won't be part of the holiday and won't eat sallah meat?. Pls, we are all one and the Quranic story about this special day is also in our own Holy Bible. We are one, pls. Enjoy the season and do no evil but good. My heart to all mankind of good peaceful attitude. May our supplications to Allah and God not be in vain- Amin/Amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You Practising Sunnah Concerning Trousers(male)? / COVID-19: Muslim Organizations, Scholars Move Ramadan Tafsir Online / Women Awrah Before One Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.