Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,897 members, 7,956,384 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

Obafemi Awolowo And Chinua Achebe’s Tale Of Fantasy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obafemi Awolowo And Chinua Achebe’s Tale Of Fantasy (2719 Views)

Awolowo And Achebe’s Tale Of Fantasy, By Fani- Kayode / Chief Obafemi Awolowo And His Family On Their Way To India In 1952(photo) / Obafemi Awolowo And Chinua Achebe’s Tale Of Fantasy ~ Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo And Chinua Achebe’s Tale Of Fantasy by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 08, 2012
Onlytruth:

Believe me I don't indulge. I share similar attitude with Achebe whenever truth is involved.
The fact remains that there were MANY Yoruba men/women who stood firm and refused to join the bangwagon of falsehood in the lead up to the war and after the war.
Notice that there were Yoruba folks who retained and returned Igbo assets and even paid rent on them.
Whenever I see people talk as if Awolowo is now the same as the entire Yoruba tribe, I scratch and shake my head!
Just watch, there are some Yoruba folks that won't mutter a sound throughout this latest controversy, and it won't be because they have no voice. It is rather because they cannot defend evil.

Awolowo was not a friend of Ndigbo, and some of his intentions were genocidal or downright evil.
I cannot recall any Igbo politician (at any time in the history of Nigeria) that ever habored similar high grade HATE for the Yoruba.
That is my point.

AWOLOWO IS NOT = YORUBA TRIBE. cool

Nwannem there are times I read your piece and I am almost drawn to tears. You are so very very knowledgeable. God will continue to bless you.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo And Chinua Achebe’s Tale Of Fantasy by truth4meal(m): 7:32am On Oct 08, 2012
Your forefathers hid the truth of an alternative food route from you for years and now that almost rid it off history but not anymore. Now you can go and ask why your general prefer to use you folks to bait sympathy from foreign lands -

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo And Chinua Achebe’s Tale Of Fantasy by Uchek(m): 7:23am On May 31, 2021
ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

Onlytruth:
The response coming from some of Yoruba elite on this issue is quite frankly ludicrous.
Achebe's memoir and the exact words he chose to describe Awo are very specific and succinct. Achebe never speaks half truths, or encase words in riddles. He always speaks plainly and to the point. He did that on two occassions when he turned down national honors. He has an antecedent of being a FIERCE LOVER OF TRUTH. No amount of fake indignation from any quarters would change Achebe or tarnish his reputation. The international community know him already.

The situation some of these defenders of Awo find themselves is analogous to an animal caught in a snare made of amazing ropes and twines. Once entangled, the more the "victim" tries to disentangle, the tighter the noose on the victim.

Okay, let me ask Mr Fani Kayode one question: WHAT ABOUT THE 20 POUND POLICY? How did he forget that one?

What even baffles me is that Achebe never attacked Yoruba people; HE "ATTACKED" AWOLOWO, and unless Awolowo has become Oduduwa himself, it should be an insult to the Yoruba tribe for anyone to pretend that Awo even rises to touch the shoes of such noble Yoruba sons, as Prof Wole Soyinka, Fela Anikulapo Kutui (and his entire Ransome Kuti family), and even my spiritual mentor Dr D. K Olukoya. cool

So, I get personally indignant on behalf of Yoruba folks, when people raise Awo above the entire tribe.

Methinks that the more those Awo defenders try to scrub Awo's tarnished legacy, the tighter the noose on their throats!

I have one advice for them : SURRENDER TO THE SNARE OF TRUTH ELSE IT WILL LYNCH YOU!

Signed,

Onlytruth, Ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

B-r-e-a-k-i-n-gnews!apc Adamawa State Crises, Worsen. / SHAMEFUL: Ambode Asking All APC Delegates To Make An Oath. / The Question No APC Member Can Answer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.