Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Please Help Am Dying Inside - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Am Dying Inside (2077 Views)

I Need Help! I Am Dying In Silence & Frustration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Am Dying Inside by betran65: 6:09am On Oct 08, 2012
Dear nairalander and good Nigerian, I know I might get some bad and unencouraging response but I have to air my problems for advice.
I just graduated and awaiting service but the problem here is that I was a member of a university cult group,after joining I found out that all they claimed were lies and its nothing but an evil clan which I pray that God should help more youth open their eyes to the truth and quit their evil ways. Now the problem is since I noticed I had made a big mistake I have stayed totally away from them,I don't sit with them or move with them but am still scared like av heard people say once they notice they would come after me to kill me.
Please I agree to my mistakes but av passed that stage of blindness by some false doctrines which we were initiated with and I want to live a normal and Godly life.
So what do I do? Can I tell them when I see them that am renouncing? Or just keep hiding which I know very soon they'll find me? Flowing with them is not what I want but isn't any other way out? Am dying inside daily and fear is the greatest killer

Also if anyone knows organisation I could run to here for help please tell
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 08, 2012
Why not move out of dat environment!![color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 08, 2012
betran65: Dear nairalander and good Nigerian, I know I might get some bad and unencouraging response but I have to air my problems for advice.
I just graduated and awaiting service but the problem here is that I was a member of a university cult group,after joining I found out that all they claimed were lies and its nothing but an evil clan which I pray that God should help more youth open their eyes to the truth and quit their evil ways. Now the problem is since I noticed I had made a big mistake I have stayed totally away from them,I don't sit with them or move with them but am still scared like av heard people say once they notice they would come after me to kill me.
Please I agree to my mistakes but av passed that stage of blindness by some false doctrines which we were initiated with and I want to live a normal and Godly life.
So what do I do? Can I tell them when I see them that am renouncing? Or just keep hiding which I know very soon they'll find me? Flowing with them is not what I want but isn't any other way out? Am dying inside daily and fear is the greatest killer

So in other words, even though you were fully warned by family and friends to stay away from sucvh groups, you went ahead and joined to satisfy some sort of 'manish' pride. But now, you are too cowardly to support your decision! Hmmmn . . . tough for you!

Well I suppose you could do what people in your position do, publicy denounce your membership. . . Go to your Pastor/preist for help!

Nobeody's going to kill you!
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by Kobojunkie: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2012
Wizee: Why not move out of dat environment!![color=#006600][/color][b][/b]

I vote for this @Poster. Typically, in Nigeria, you can move easily to a new place and start afresh. It is harder to track people down in that country than anywhere else.
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by maclatunji: 10:21am On Oct 08, 2012
betran65: Dear nairalander and good Nigerian, I know I might get some bad and unencouraging response but I have to air my problems for advice.

Get a job or go for training and when your "friends" ask you to go out for engagements, tell them that your job keeps you busy. You're not going to get out easily if you announce your withdrawal to them, just make it a case of status quo has changed and they too will start getting the message. If they threaten you, go to a senior and respectable police officer to explain what has passed and what you are now going through. Be wise and brave about it.
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by udoka2: 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2012
as the first person said, change ur envrionment as well as ur phone no, email address, face book.. any contact of yours they have change or stop using them.
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by maclatunji: 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2012
udoka2: as the first person said, change ur envrionment as well as ur phone no, email address, face book.. any contact of yours they have change or stop using them.

The problem with this approach is that, it portrays him as being afraid and on the run- this will trigger-off the hunting instinct in his gang and they will be like: "you thought you could runaway from us, now we've got you." He needs to tactfully fend them off. It is not easy, but it can be done.
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
maclatunji:

The problem with this approach is that, it portrays him as being afraid and on the run- this will trigger-off the hunting instinct in his gang and they will be like: "you thought you could runaway from us, now we've got you." He needs to tactfully fend them off. It is not easy, but it can be done.

Aha . . someone is talking from experience! grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by maclatunji: 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ujujoan:

I don't blame you for thinking that but fortunately you're wrong. I just got into their mind and started thinking like them.
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
^^^ Well, if you say so . . . grin
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by OtunbaGm: 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
@op

Changing ur environment might sound good but you can run but can't hide cos they have your contacts,your backgRound etc

My advise is form 'activity' just like mactunji suggested. As a former student leader,I will say just get ursef involve with something that you can always use as excuse.

Since you have graduated from school,I think they should let you go now or is in runs in your neighbourhood cos the school that brings you all together is over! Go home or travel.

I hope you saw aw 4uniport guys we're murdered for stealing laptops?
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by Odunnu: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
Lol @ change your environment. When they want you, they'll get you and i'm not exagerrating.
@OP: Where you ever involved in any shedding of human blood?
2. Why did you wait up until now that you are thru with school to want to renounce? It would have been perfect while still in the system.
3. Where you a prominent member or just a bench warmer?
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by betran65: 5:54pm On Oct 08, 2012
Thanks all for your encouragement, let me answer some questions.
I never really got fully involved nor lift a finger against any1.
I wasn't a prominent member neither did I hold any position

So far changing enviroment might work from what I see its one good solution,also talking to a police orsome kinda force personel might be helpful
And the fact is that dis group only a few know me to be member I mean not up to ten person and that's why staying away helped me cos the more they see me,the more they'll introduce me.

But am happy and appreciate your concerns and believe me I regret my actions and wish there was a way to help so many youths out there cos I know a lot of people want out but are too scared of the threats and the doctrine we were told,that was why I wanted to know if running away would be a success.

Once again thanks all and I still welcome more cos am getting stronger by your kind words
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2012
Changing your environment does not necessarily imply you are running away. People change environments often in other parts of the world and there are so many reasons to want to do that. The average move time here is once every 2 or so years . . you do not have to sleep and breath in the same area for all of your life. If your current location is no longer conduscive, move. Animals do it, why can't humans do it so freely?

@Poster, moving is a good way to get away from things in your environment that refuse to come together . . . I am not saying run away from responsibilities of any kind but if this group feels they can torment themselves in the zone, the move to a different postal code and keep your peace of mind. If they "catch up with you" in the new place, and you still feel you are not up to dealing with them, MOVE!
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by emilyone(f): 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
renounce your membership first of all. go for deliverance in any bible-believing church and then ask God for forgiveness. stay cool
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by eduson002(m): 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
emilyone: renounce your membership first of all. go for deliverance in any bible-believing church and then ask God for forgiveness. stay cool
emily,i want to ask hw u solved d problem of ur teeth?
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by free2ryhme: 7:48pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ujujoan:

Olodo talk ...
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by jigwe101: 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2012
As I read above, I think you should start by taking them the status of your job requirements and youth service are too demanding. Later, tel them your being offered a job at another area and act as you'll miss them and such. Move as soon as possible and still contact the police just incase. I thank God for revealing himself to you. dont worry, ask God for the help and protection.
Re: Please Help Am Dying Inside by omosexy1: 12:23am On Oct 10, 2012
Is cultism still existing in Nigerian Universities?

(1) (Reply)

He Used To Be A Womanizer!!! Could He Have Changed? / Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple / Women What Action Will You Take on Your Husband In Such A Situation - photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.