Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students (14652 Views)

Two Students Murdered By Fulani Herdsmen Today (graphic Pictures) / Nigerian Lady Murdered In Horrific Manner In Russia (Photo) / Day Of Mourning For People Of Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by acidtalk: 10:19am On Oct 09, 2012
Nigerians lets us share the same sympathy to those TWENTY FIVE students who were killed at Mubi in Adamawa.

Is is because this is a southern state and that happened in the north?
Is it because this are Christians and those were muslims?
Those students in Mubi village need enough attention as that of Aluu.

Enough of playing bias with our judgements
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by swtcharissa(f): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2012
No wonder,in d pics I received,ugo seemed to be d one trying to make explanation for d rest of them,n Lloyed who seemed to be battling till his last breath,God plz help,thank God d last person has spoken,Msg for u:GUY,THOSE GUYS DIED FOR U,I URGE U TO REPENT N SAY NO TO CULTISM,START ATTENDING A BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH N THANK GOD FOR UR LIFE,
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2012
thatchic: The guy with the gun, why didn’t he help these four young men escape? Why didn’t the debtor come clean, when he saw the situation was getting out ? Anything to have prevented this savagery. If they were criminals on a mission, they would have been armed, right? four souls lost in the most gruesome manner. Oh the wickedness of men: the debtor that raised the false alarm, the gun toting friend that brought out his gun but left the others behind, why didn’t he shoot in the air while escaping with them? Why didn’t the villagers stop to listen? Did they attempt to “rush” these so called vigilantes at any point before they were completely subdued? #justiceforthe4

^^^Thankyou. The issues that come to mind for me are:

1) the wickedness of both the villagers and students (i heard that students lived off-campus in the community, so you'd expect some students would have been at the murder scene taking pics/videos as well);

2) why didn't the students at the scene (never mind the daft villagers) try to intervene.....or if they felt scared themselves, at least call the police?;

3) it's been said the whole incident leading up to the boys murder lasted for more than 2 hours; so how come the police that should have some stations either on campus or in the village itself, and who should have been patrolling with all the numerous vehichles they've been given....how come they didn't come across the macabre scene during their patrols?;

4) now tell me how foreign investors would want to come and invest in Rivers state or Nigeria?.....what with all the gory news we've been having lately which speaks volumes of just how we value life and how we take care of our youths (Cynthias murder, the murder of 40 students in Mubi, and the recent murder of these kids in Port Harcourt)......if they call black people primitive savages now, some people will stand up to protest ?;

5) how did you guys that watched the video of the boys murder summon up the courage to watch it? .....personally, i don't handle these types of things well, and would have been traumatised for life if i had watched it, so i elected not to.....you guys are tough oh!
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by ministergh: 11:32am On Oct 09, 2012
Today I lost my respect for Nigerians after watching this inhumanity on YouTube. Such a thing shall never happen in Ghana. That is soo bad. Taking the lives of four university students in such a barbaric manner. Oh Jesus. See how they hit the head of those boys with sticks and set them on fire. Curse be on anyone who stood and watched that day and made no effort even to report to the police. If someone had done that......maybe they woulda been saved. Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria.....u made me cry this day

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Solozzo(m): 11:37am On Oct 09, 2012
While we mourn the death of those students, let us not forget that these barbaric acts are reflection of inefficient police force and lack of confidence of the police to protect. This is waked call for improving police efficiency as well as community education.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by Amazingift01(f): 1:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
i've bin trying 2 put diz behind me bt no,d tots kips coming.diz guys r pple's relatns.it makes me wnt 2 questn God,bt ow I can I?? Ha!! God do nt b silent on diz mata.Baba visit ALUU community wit ur anger let dem knw u r God especially dose in support of diz evil.may d murderers knw no peace all d rest of deir lives,may ruin come upon dem unaware,may all d curses frm peoples lips nd wishes of d dumb come 2 pass in deir lives,dey 'll live nd seek 4 death bt death 'll nt come,may deir generatn b wiped out.Ahh!!!chukwu abiama do nt b silent. d Its a pity.may almighty God grant their families d fortitude 2 bear d irrepairable loss Amen.

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by treasuredkid: 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
A nation where the supposed sane men have gone insane and lawlessness looms around the corners...but blessed be God who continually protects His children from wicked and unreasonable men.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by mamagee3(f): 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
The heart of man is very wicked!!!
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by armyofone(m): 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
@Freecocoa,

such a pain!!
such a pain.

just too much for me, can't imagine they roasted them oh!!
cry cry cry
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by phaya(f): 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
So much religion So little Love and Compassion. The heart of man is desperately wicked who can understand it sad
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by rolchi(m): 7:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
Okija_juju:

[b] My problems with this story..

1. 5 guys go to collect a debt from a 'Runs man'.. How much was that debt?!

2. Its already a known fact that the 4 of them who died were all members of the MAFIA CONFRATANITY.. How did Maf boys go lending a Vikings money?! And not just your average Vikings, but a notorious one at that.

3. They went to his house with a gun!! I dont believe that they were not aware that one of them was packing heat!!

4. I can believe that the guys who lynched them were Vikings boys.. Afterall, even Okada men are Vikings members.. Why would they risk going into a place like Aluu thats crawling with these miscreants to collect a loan armed with a gun?!

The part of someone raising an alarm, the guy with the gun escaping and all that I can believe..

The truth is that we all have lived and schooled in Nigerian universities and know how to detect bullshiit when we hear it. 5 guys going to collect a loan seems like overkill to me. Now 5 'runs men' armed with a gun going to collect an 'alleged' loan from one person sounds even more unbelievable. Anyone who knows Nigerian Unis well will tell you the same. I never one day believed that they were robbers. But the story of what they went to whoevers house to do can only be fully revealed by that fifth guy who escaped.. Last intel I recieved on that guy is that he has already fled the state.

[/b]

You are good!
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by chreldb(m): 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2012
Okija_juju:

[b] My problems with this story..

1. 5 guys go to collect a debt from a 'Runs man'.. How much was that debt?!

It might have been a small amount on the other hand it might have been substantial @ least for a student but I guess we'll never know now. Besides these boys were 19 and 20. (Youthful exurberance)

2. Its already a known fact that the 4 of them who died were all members of the MAFIA CONFRATANITY.. How did Maf boys go lending a Vikings money?! And not just your average Vikings, but a notorious one at that.

Its possible. In university I am sure you know that people who belong to different cult groups still make friends. Besides he might not have lent him money outrightly probably they had a deal that went bad. It could be anything purchase of something, admission runs...... e.t.c just saying

3. They went to his house with a gun!! I dont believe that they were not aware that one of them was packing heat!!

Thats also very possible some of them like the Tekena guy might have tagged along (according to the story) as a result of youthful exuberance not knowing what is at stake. They were still more or less teenagers young and foolish

4. I[b] can believe that the guys who lynched them were Vikings boys[/b].. Afterall, even Okada men are Vikings members.. Why would they risk going into a place like Aluu thats crawling with these miscreants to collect a loan armed with a gun?!

Likewise @ bolded. already gave my opinion regarding the remaining part of this point.

The part of someone raising an alarm, the guy with the gun escaping and all that I can believe..

The truth is that we all have lived and schooled in Nigerian universities and know how to detect bullshiit when we hear it. 5 guys going to collect a loan seems like overkill to me. Now 5 'runs men' armed with a gun going to collect an 'alleged' loan from one person sounds even more unbelievable. Anyone who knows Nigerian Unis well will tell you the same. I never one day believed that they were robbers. But the story of what they went to whoevers house to do can only be fully revealed by that fifth guy who escaped.. Last intel I recieved on that guy is that he has already fled the state.

[/b]

@ bolded why do you think so? so what number would you consider as believable 1,2 or perhaps 3? To me the more the people the easier it will be to get the loan in a normal uni settings based on system things. Its all cowardice they operate in overwhelming numbers to overcome their foes.

I dont believe this version either but it sounds the most realistic I have heard/read so far. My opinion
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by ZeusI: 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
Wow... So theivery is condolable when perpetrated by specific individuals(i dey laugh). I have heard of theives roasted to death in Abia state and students never protested, and here, it was twisted to be made edible to our reasoning. I believe this nonsense propaganda that 'tagged' an act of cultism as 'innocence' was, and is continuously being carried out by student cultists. Tomorrow, any student-theif will steal and go 'scott free', where demons refuse to tread.
Re: UNIPORT Declares 7 Days Of Mourning For Murdered Students by clip: 8:26am On Oct 10, 2012
The fact that has been established is that cultism is involve.
Train up your child the way he/ she should GO. So that when he/ she grow up,he/she will not depart from it.
REPENT ALL OF U IN ONE CULT OR ANOTHER!! ONE DAY IF YOU DO NOT EMBRACE CHRIST, YOU MAY END UP LIKE THEM.
GOD GIVES U AN UNDERSTANDING before it is too late.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Men Break Into RCCG, Steal Items Worth N680,000 / Lagos Pastor Accuses Assistant Police Commissioner Of Torture (pic) / Joint Border Patrol Team Seizes 550 Cartridges, Prohibited Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.