Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement (5648 Views)

INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune / Captain Who Exposed Ekiti Electoral Fraud Returns To Nigeria / No Evidence Of Electoral Fraud In River State -jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by gbengalite(m): 2:27am On Oct 09, 2012
INEC confirms staff involvement in alleged electoral fraud in Ondo State

Ahead of October 20, governorship election in Ondo State, The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) today admitted that some staff of the commission have been engaged by politicians with a view to rigging the poll.

The state Resident Electoral Commissioner, Akin Orebiyi, said the state Police command had arrested a junior staff of the commission who gave out unclaimed voters’ cards to a chieftain of the Labour Party (LP), Mr Olaolu Oladapo, and his wife who were also apprehended last Saturday.

The couple were apprehended in Ondo, the home town of the LP’s governorship Candidate and incumbent Governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko.
A statement by the INEC boss yesterday said the commission would cooperate with the state police command to investigate and prosecute those who were found to be involved in the matter.

Orebiyi said: “The attention of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has been drawn to the arrest of a man with over a thousand voters’ cards issued by the commission purportedly given to him by a junior staff engaged as a security man by the commission, who has been arrested by the police.

“Preliminary investigation by the Commission indicates that some people did not collect their voters’ cards after the registration exercise of 2011. The unclaimed cards are in the custody of the Electoral Officers, who are the duly authorized officials to release same to the claimants of such cards, who must collect them in person.

“The Commission is determined to get to the bottom of this matter and is working closely with the Police Authorities to unravel it. it is its intention to vigorously pursue the investigation and ensure a robust, timeous prosecution of all involved, including its staff, in consonance with its resolve to prosecute all electoral offenders, regardless of their status, party affiliation or relationships.

The REC, however, re-assured the people of the state that the purchase or unauthorized acquisition of voters’ cards by desperate politicians would not yield any fruits.

He said: “INEC will however like to take this opportunity to re-assure the public that the purchase or unauthorized acquisition of voters, cards by desperate politicians will be to no avail, as they cannot be used for the election. Our officials have been trained and directed to closely examine each voter’s card scrupulously and ensure that the photographs on it match that on the voters, register and is in exact liking to the bearer of such card.”

Orebiyi, who commended the Ondo State Command of the Nigeria Police, promised that “we shall continue to co-operate with them and the other security agents and other stakeholders to ensure a hitch-free exercise.”

But it was gathered that top officials of the commission were involved in the sales of voters’ cards to politicians and that Orebiyi only held the unnamed security man responsible in order to save the credibility of the electoral umpire.

The INEC boss was said to have earlier denied that the security man was a staff of the commission, a statement in conflict with the claim of the state Public Relations Officer of INEC, Celina Beckley.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/08/inec-confirms-staff-involvement-alleged-electoral-fraud-ondo-state/?wt=3

Twitter @gbengalite
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by SlyIg(f): 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
Is there any Nigerian election that is free and fair?

1 Like

Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by Leboska(m): 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
I'm still suspecting a foul play. Politics of biterness, let the best man win.
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by slimming: 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
This will be a big setback in the Ondo election result, becos the loser will based their argument on it.

Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by sdiq: 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
SHABI NA WATIN U WANT MAKE WE HEAR BE THAT, THE ONE WAY U NO TELL US NKO?

1 Like

Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by Bunchersstab(m): 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2012
GEJ never condemn dis act?
Abi he don set committee 2 look into d mata
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by mrperfect(m): 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2012
Sad for the country.
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by TonySpike: 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2012
SlyIg: Is there any Nigerian election that is free and fair?

Perhaps not. In a typical Nigerian election, the best rigger always emerge as the winner!
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by Abduljohn(m): 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmm!!!!! Dont trust this politician jare, re you thinking in my line? work of opposite parties, u knw whom am talkin about.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by Abujafood: 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
INEC is telling politicians who want to rig to watch it!
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by dayokanu(m): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2012
Iroko Oluwere don start
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by otss(m): 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2012
Iroko will rig diz elektion and won, but d kourt will kick his ass out,8-)
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by gbengalite(m): 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2012
Bunchers stab: GEJ never condemn dis act?
Abi he don set committee 2 look into d mata

...lol...na presidential team now oo
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by tucker12(m): 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
Its nigeria you can expect that....Its like oh is that newss!!!
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by Osiris211: 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2012
So where are the retarrded bigots shouting Tinubu's name yesterday when the news broke?

We can clearly see mimiko has now borrowed a leaf from PDP thieves. for this singular act, he(mimiko) just lost his credibility in my eyes and I will instruct people to massively vote against him.
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by Weirdone(m): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2012
Osiris.211:
for this singular act, he(mimiko) just lost his credibility in my eyes and I will instruct people to massively vote against him.
And you are?

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by kennytidistar(m): 5:29pm On Oct 09, 2012
why daily post? and not punch, guardian, and tribune? suspecting foul play dont believe this fuckard busit story.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by kennytidistar(m): 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
my question is can report on daily post be presented to defend or to prosecute at the court of law? if no then this information is illega null and void. and is an intent to rubissh the reputation of a political party
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by slimyem: 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2012
Osiris.211:
So where are the retarrded bigots shouting Tinubu's name yesterday when the news broke?

We can clearly see mimiko has now borrowed a leaf from PDP thieves. for this singular act, he(mimiko) just lost his credibility in my eyes and I will instruct people to massively vote against him.
Buhahahaha...
Are you for real?
What are your instruction equipments?
Gongs,PDAs?
Mtcheeeeeeew...
Whether the elction is free and fair or rigged,Mimiko will take the day!!
Yes,i said it!!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by Osiris211: 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2012
Are you from Ondo state?

slimyem: Buhahahaha...
Are you for real?
What are your instruction equipments?
Gongs,PDAs?
Mtcheeeeeeew...
Whether the elction is free and fair or rigged,Mimiko will take the day!!
Yes,i said it!!
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by McAdem: 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2012
something tells me that ACN will win from rear no matter what happens in ondo
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
Can INEC conduct free and fear election in ondo state? I gues wat hapen during last ekebtion wil repeat itself. Where are we going.
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2012
Weirdone:
And you are?
Help ask am oo.. Heheh, I laf in Aketi!
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by 10over101: 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2012
dayokanu: Iroko Oluwere don start
it is obvious u are not intelligent..u can't even read inbtw lines..u should atleast suspect a setup here from d opposition parties b4 jumping into conclusion...mumu
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by Aphrygian(m): 11:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
Where are those f****ctards abusing tinubu yesterday.u people did not attack obasanjo when he declared *must win at all cost election*.guys mimiko is not a saint.
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by takedat(m): 6:50am On Oct 10, 2012
10 over 10: it is obvious u are not intelligent..u can't even read inbtw lines..u should atleast suspect a setup here from d opposition parties b4 jumping into conclusion...mumu
So becos of your bias affiliation to a party whose chieftain is caught you are beginning to open conspiracy theories but if it was the other way round ie ACN or PDP you will beleive the story.MUMU
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by kennytidistar(m): 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
[take dat]So becos of your bias affiliation to a party whose
chieftain is caught you are beginning to open conspiracy theories but if
it was the other way round ie ACN or PDP you will beleive the
story.MUMU

my friend what he is telling you is the fact that daily post is not a reliable source how many government agency(ies) recognise daily post? which mean even you can go their write your comment cook some lies and post it here on nairaland. which means daily post information is fake until i'm proved wrong by govt till then grap my cassava bread with lipton tea and enjoy life.
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by Koladechris(m): 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2012
But LP nd Mimiko said the people shuld not sell their voters card, now they're the ones buying the voters card! Nobody is faithful in Nigeria!
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by kabiesy: 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
kennytidistar: [take dat]So becos of your bias affiliation to a party whose
chieftain is caught you are beginning to open conspiracy theories but if
it was the other way round ie ACN or PDP you will beleive the
story.MUMU

my friend what he is telling you is the fact that daily post is not a reliable source how many government agency(ies) recognise daily post? which mean even you can go their write your comment cook some lies and post it here on nairaland. which means daily post information is fake until i'm proved wrong by govt till then grap my cassava bread with lipton tea and enjoy life.

Be sincere and check other news paper in fact many nairalander will not log in)in Oct 22 because of disappointed, you can buy award,press,voters cards,radio,TV,INEC,togs,Gun etc. Politics and killing but not God and his people we de Akure here waiting for God now that we have seen the sign in Ondo State.
Re: Ondo Electoral Fraud: INEC Confirms Staff Involvement by kennytidistar(m): 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
[kabiesy]

Be sincere and check other news paper in fact many nairalander will not
cards,radio,TV,INEC,togs,Gun etc. Politics and killing but not God and
his people we de Akure here waiting for God now that we have seen the
sign in Ondo State.

sincerity? if you claim othere papers publish it then i stand to be corrected, but i want reliable source like punch, guardian, tribune, this day, vanguard, and the sun have given you constitutionally recognised news papers if any of them carry it bring it here let us see otherwise come and join me with my cassava bread and leave politics for rogues!

(1) (Reply)

Like Wike, Like Jonathan. SEE What Rivers Governor Was Caught Doing (SEE Photos) / Ndigbo Should Know About And Support SEREDEC / I See The Forming Of A Christian Militia Very Soon ~graphic Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.