Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,886 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict (31272 Views)

Pc Pes 2013 Keeps Crashing To Desktop / Pls Help Me On How I Can Install PES 2013 On My Computer. / Official NL FIFA 13 Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Yarn2me(m): 6:46am On Oct 30, 2012
The download site... For both versions pls..
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by habayommy: 7:29am On Oct 30, 2012
How can i get these games on my PSP (portable playstation)?
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by laoludavid(m): 8:51am On Oct 30, 2012
Pls where can i download pes2013 on my phone am using nokia asha 200
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by xtremeidea(m): 11:10am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju: I have been a true and loyal fan of KONAMI..

We started all the way from 'Winning Eleven.. 4.' (with Japanese commentary and even the player names and sometimes the game menu in Japanese.. When Roberto Carlos was an obvious cheat!!)

to PES 13

FIFA definitely owns the graphics, licences and all those other small details.. However, KONAMI brings the fire.. Makes you feel like you are in control. Makes you confident in your ability to make a comeback even when the odds are stacked against you.. KONAMI gameplay has always been phenomenal..

I own the FIFA 12 & PES 12 and yet whenever the boys come through, we are always on PES..

As far as soccer games are concerned, I pledge my loyalty to KONAMI and no one else..

CORRECT GUY!!! U D MAN!!!
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by xtremeidea(m): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2012
Dauchman:

Actually the picture is d very true situation of things btw fifa and Pes in europe. In europe they do not put out as much copies of pes as they do of fifa. Even at midnight of release day for fifa, you would see the massive queues, feels like every1 is out dat night but on Pes release u see very small crowds. The figures also speak for themselves. I don't knw where in london u found an empty shelf for Pes.
Also he is right about using one player to do all d dribbling, give me a messi or ronaldo and I wld run past u like u hav no defenders

A Big lie!!! u cant use one player to bring down a whole team in PES 2013! pls play game b4 making assumptions! FYI ronaldo most times dnt last 90 mins b4 he runs out of steam on continuous use.

Pls lets keep it real and say what is not.

And as for that picture, we all know that an american will rather purchase home made products even its not the best out there. KONAMI faces a lot of unfavored sales cuz its a Japanese company. Have u ever wondered what the sale of PES ratio to FIFA would be out there in asia?

Its just like the sales btw samsung galaxy s3 and apple iphone
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Frostyzone(m): 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
xtremeidea:

A Big lie!!! u cant use one player to bring down a whole team in PES 2013! pls play game b4 making assumptions! FYI ronaldo most times dnt last 90 mins b4 he runs out of steam on continuous use.

Pls lets keep it real and say what is not.

And as for that picture, we all know that an american will rather purchase home made products even its not the best out there. KONAMI faces a lot of unfavored sales cuz its a Japanese company. Have u ever wondered what the sale of PES ratio to FIFA would be out there in asia?

Its just like the sales btw samsung galaxy s3 and apple iphone
Konami became popular "especially" because of it's Japanese roots. They were one of the pioneer game publishers along with Nitendo, which is also Japanese BTW. Konami controlled much of Europe, North and South American, and Asia markets for more than a decade since the advent of 3D soccer gaming in 1993. But their reign finally came to an abrupt end in 2008 when EA took over with their superior 4th generation gaming setup. Since then Konami has been playing catch-up, which judging from 2013 releases, might never happen. Your comment about Americans preferring their products to foreigner's doesn't apply in this case because the popularity of Both games has nothing to do with the continent. Asia and European markets are the hot zones for the popularity contest...and EA is currently edging at the moment.
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
Frostyzone:
Konami became popular "especially" because of it's Japanese roots. They were one of the pioneer game publishers along with Nitendo, which is also Japanese BTW. Konami controlled much of Europe, North and South American, and Asia markets for more than a decade since the advent of 3D soccer gaming in 1993. But their reign finally came to an abrupt end in 2008 when EA took over with their superior 4th generation gaming setup. Since then Konami has been playing catch-up, which judging from 2013 releases, might never happen. Your comment about Americans preferring their products to foreigner's doesn't apply in this case because the popularity of Both games has nothing to do with the continent. Asia and European markets are the hot zones for the popularity contest.

What a load of nonsense. The only truth in your comment is that Konami slipped up in 2008 when moving unto the 4th generation of consoles (Ps3, Xbox360)

Other than that, PES 2013 is a great game. Konami has always made great games(from Contra to silent hill), they didnt become popular just because they are Japanese.

Fifa also has an edge with its huge marketing campaigns and access to licenses. Remove both and you will find it almost on the same page with PES.

Both games are great this year. The winner in this battle of football games isnt very clear and it bottles down to ones opinion.
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Frostyzone(m): 2:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

What a load of nonsense. The only truth in your comment is that Konami slipped up in 2008 when moving unto the 4th generation of consoles (Ps3, Xbox360)

Other than that, PES 2013 is a great game. Konami has always made great games(from Contra to silent hill), they didnt become popular just because they are Japanese.

Fifa also has an edge with its huge marketing campaigns and access to licenses. Remove both and you will find it almost on the same page with PES.

Both games are great this year. The winner in this battle of football games isnt very clear and it bottles down to ones opinion.

What I said were all based on facts. I never said that PES 2013 ain't good. On the contrary, it's their best production yet. But like you said yourself, when it comes to realism which licenses bring into the game, it falls far short of its EA counterpart. Also the presentation and commentaries are all under par. The gameplay is okay but still nothing like FIFA's. In general EA games rank better than Konami's in any gaming review site. Do some research and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
Frostyzone:
What I said were all based on facts. I never said that PES 2013 ain't good. On the contrary, it's their best production yet. But like you said yourself, when it comes to realism which licenses bring into the game, it falls far short of its EA counterpart. Also the presentation and commentaries are all under par. The gameplay is okay but still nothing like FIFA's. In general EA games rank better than Konami's in any gaming review site. Do some research and see for yourself.

Gamespot rates Fifa and Pes 2013 at the same 8.0 score.

IGN rates Fifa as 9.0 while pes 2013 at 8.5

It boggles down to opinion. Both games are great.
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by anintia(m): 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
The main the thing is fifa beat pes to it this time. and thats in every aspect.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by georgee(m): 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
PES for life.
I played FIFA 10,11, and 12, i broke all the CDs in annoyance. Too boring and too mechanical for my liking. Honestly, was actually dozing off while playing FIFA.
With PES, its neva a dull moment. One day, Konami will also be fully liscenced, it is den u will knw dat FIFA is rubbish.
Q. E. D
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
LordAdam:

Okay i get it, i'm getting a FIFA 13, God i could do anything for the scabby graphics on PES 13. I don't really need the music, My PESEdit Patch gives me the freedom to even put in my fav 9ja hip hops lyk Private Trips-Wande Coal.

Actuali, I can play my songs on my system directly from fifa 12 and 13 without any patch :-)
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
Henry120:

Manual, won't it be too difficult? Well, I'd give it a try, and if I don't like it, I chase you down and bust your cabb....lol. Most gamers in nigeria started with pes, for me I dumped that pes of a game, when I first played fifa 9 on psp. Man...the graphics at that time was good, but pes 9 was better. The game play for fifa, was simply out of this world, world thrilled we so much with fifa, was the way the goal keeper played, dived and performed. With was so damn real, so very enjoyable. Fifa 11 on pc & ps3 was almost the pinnacle of sensational gaming for me, until I played fifa 12......now this is a football game, fifa 12 has it all, but I must say, defending was pretty arduous, difficult at the beginning. Tactical defending is fun, and far better than legacy defending too. I still have issues with defending though.

So please to the peeps on the forum who have mastered tactical defending for fifa 12, please share some tips. I'd start by giving, one which works well for me, always use the contain (square button) when defending your goal, it's far less risky than the normal tackle x button.

So if you have mastered how to mount pressure on opposition attackers without giving away cheap fouls and penalties, please share. Fifa remains the best football game.

On manual, it will b initiali but wen u master it, u'll b veri gud at it.... here's wat u shud do, set d pass to semi n ur shot to semi and the rest manual n about tactical defendin? alwaz use x button to track d defender n wen u r close 2 him, let go n use l2, direction n probably R1 to position urself properly for a gud tackle n learn how to slide with precision, it reali helps at times to break down an attack if perfect n well timed.
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
georgee: PES for life.
I played FIFA 10,11, and 12, i broke all the CDs in annoyance. Too boring and too mechanical for my liking. Honestly, was actually dozing off while playing FIFA.
With PES, its neva a dull moment. One day, Konami will also be fully liscenced, it is den u will knw dat FIFA is rubbish.
Q. E. D

seriously? I played pes on ps2 n trust me, I was a pro, people placed bet on me, even gave pple own goals..... box n R2 for placin, particle shot, circle three times, direction n box durin free kick, scorin from midifield with Ibrahimovic n adriano n rooney? dude, i did all dose tinz n even laughed at fifa06/07/08/09/10 ..... they weren't realistic but wen I played fifa 11/12 n now 13? yeah, dey've reali tried interms of bringin reality in2 d game.
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by smoove8448: 1:11am On Oct 31, 2012
really pro should stick to being unrealistic peps actually liked it so. bt really i say d game play isnt up to my taste doesn't push my football thinking too fake, the defenders seem drunk n dd strikers dnt calc d offside traps which is dumb. really easy game. i love fifa. thats that so every look for a game that suits you. fifa is for expert n peps dat hv seem real gaming. my fifa game face grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Frostyzone(m): 4:42am On Oct 31, 2012
georgee: PES for life.
Q. E. D
Guy, frankly I'm quite sure you haven't played FIFA 12 & 13 on a 4th generation console, cus if you had, you wouldn't have sounded so ignorant.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by kpolli(m): 4:43am On Oct 31, 2012
Frostyzone:
Dude, what are you on about? I have some white friends too, and as far as I know none of them has a Konami product. All play EA products like FIFA franchise, NFS franchise, Madden NFL franchise, etc. I have played both games in PC platforms, and I can tell you confidently that FIFA 2013 plays more real than the PES Counterpart. Just keep an open mind and try out the two games again, you will enotice that PES normal speed tends to be a little bit faster than real life experience, while the FIFA version speed feels just about right. In terms of player movement and AI, It also trumps PES. The only two areas that PES 2013 manage to edge out FIFA 2013 is better graphics and dribbling system. As an ex PES fan, playing FIFA 2013 makes me feel that I'm actually in there playing with the stars because the simulations feels so real, while PES 2013 feels arcadian to me(not real at all)

Tried on PS3
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by georgee(m): 6:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
Frostyzone:
Guy, frankly I'm quite sure you haven't played FIFA 12 & 13 on a 4th generation console, cus if you had, you wouldn't have sounded so ignorant.

Guy stop being unnecessarily abusive, i dont knw wat u mean by 4th generation consoles. All i knw is av played FIFA 11, 12, and 13 on PS3, it's still thesame old boring and mechanical game.
The only thing FIFA has is just the full liscence, thats all.
I repeat : PES all the way.
FIFA can GTH with thier crappy game.
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by kpega(m): 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
xtremeidea:

How do you mean fifa has a more realistic gameplay? PES gameplay is very realistic unlike FIFA. I prefer FIFA in terms of commentaries, intro, menus and player resemblance although PES tried this year and closed the gap on resemblance.
cool
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by jmaine: 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
Fifa 13 trashes PES 13 . . .Couldn't believe how horrible PES 13 still was, despite loads of online hype sad . . .

When you play Fifa 12 or 13 . .PES will be a huge joke to you . . .Player movement,style and technique adequately implemeted to give you that unique realistic feel

Often last year, peeps were confused when the saw me playing the FIFA 12 on my 42" TV, they often quizzed me about the current live match am watching sorry playing wink . .offcourse the mischievous me always loved hiding the console pad, while making a mockery of them cheesy . .

Am back to FIFA jare grin . . .but the looping too much this days on FIFA 13 . .that is an easy way to strike opponents down . .and the 45" & 90" scripting favors me better when against the CPU cheesy

1 Like

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by lonzo(m): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2012
Do you love video games ? Well not just video games, playstation3 FiFA 13. If you do then be a part of the first ever APFON FIFA13 tournament . Dec 8th – Jan 6th , come show your skills and enjoy thrills and frills on FIFA13 .

Venue—–> Eagle club , Adeniran Ogunsanya . Pick up registration forms for just 2000 naira @ E- Center yaba, Talk 2 me boutique outlet, Wiseken bar Gbagada and Apfon office Ikeja.

1st price = $2000 + ps3 console

2nd price = $1000 + ps3 console

3rd price = $500 + ps3 console

There will be loads of consolation prices like fifa 13 cds, control pads and lots more. For more enquiry call

Felix on 08039300773

For Delivery within Lagos , please call

This tournament is proudly powered by Sony, Apfon , Indomie,Greatlakes,Beats99.9, Ipublicisenaija and stopnsearch9ja.

DONT MISS IT !!!

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by valboy20(m): 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
To b frank, PES ix livin on past glories...most gamerx xtil play pes cox dey grew up wid it...i called sum of ma friendx who wer ignorant of gamex (both PES n FIFA), played d 2 games n told dem 2 judge wch ix bera n realistic...to ma amazemnt, dey all told me diaz no teamwork in PES, addin dat a player can do all d magic wch ix nt so in real world, u nid oda playerx 2 score..

judgin frm dat n frm ma own experience.....FIFA ALL D WAY

1 Like

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by seyionab(m): 6:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
As an in dept soccer fan, I have 2 say both games Had fair share of good years ahead of the other. In recent times I have pledged my allegieance to fifa especially cos of licences an realistic gameplay. Haven played pes 13 and did an online research for epl kits with bundesliga, I have to say it was a complete game changer when I downloaded it. Pes is back and is d only game that gets to a players emotions. Fifa is still a fun game(with manual controls). I recommend you play pes with complete option file for kits if you are a die hard soccer fan. Contact me on 08099442694.
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Tbase2: 11:53pm On Mar 05, 2013
seyionab: As an in dept soccer fan, I have 2 say both games Had fair share of good years ahead of the other. In recent times I have pledged my allegieance to fifa especially cos of licences an realistic gameplay. Haven played pes 13 and did an online research for epl kits with bundesliga, I have to say it was a complete game changer when I downloaded it. Pes is back and is d only game that gets to a players emotions. Fifa is still a fun game(with manual controls). I recommend you play pes with complete option file for kits if you are a die hard soccer fan. Contact me on 08099442694.
hey seyi still felling your psp you sold to me
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by mobf: 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
Okija_juju: I have been a true and loyal fan of KONAMI..

We started all the way from 'Winning Eleven.. 4.' (with Japanese commentary and even the player names and sometimes the game menu in Japanese.. When Roberto Carlos was an obvious cheat!!)

to PES 13

FIFA definitely owns the graphics, licences and all those other small details.. However, KONAMI brings the fire.. Makes you feel like you are in control. Makes you confident in your ability to make a comeback even when the odds are stacked against you.. KONAMI gameplay has always been phenomenal..

I own the FIFA 12 & PES 12 and yet whenever the boys come through, we are always on PES..

As far as soccer games are concerned, I pledge my loyalty to KONAMI and no one else..

God bless you bro. They can sell 4.5 million copies in 5 days for all i care. Konami anyday!
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by tunjizeal: 10:54am On Mar 13, 2013
those dat said fifa has graphics and low gameplay obviously never played fifa 11-13. pro has solid graphics, buh deir movement still in dis era and time(especially when game developers are fully utilizing the capabilities of dis new generation consoles) still giving us mechanical movement....it was fun back den nd it looked nice back on ps2 buh with the 360 movement of fifa i cant go back to pes retro gameplay. pes is still shiit!
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Rahoof2(m): 3:37pm On Mar 14, 2013
Pickup a game at www.sosogames.net
Best Price!!!!!
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Frostyzone(m): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2013
Konami really stepped up their game with this year contender PES 13. The gameplay is superb, maybe a little better than FIFA 13 gameplay. But in other departments: Presentations, graphics, realism, commentary, they sadly tanked.

Though they were able to beat Fifa in player likenesses, they disappointed yet again by not showing visible linesmen. And the spectators are simply too blurry and cardboardy compared to FIFA's.

But their gameplay alone is the defining point, and this is where I really appreciated Pes 13. You can score some pretty awesome goals you couldn't be able to do with Fifa 13. The officiating and the never ending replays are real downers, though.

If they can build on that and improve on other departments like, commentary, presentations, realism and most importantly better looking glossy graphics, I see them finally toppling Fifa's reign next year.

But for now I'm sticking with Fifa because I have become addicted to it's realism, graphics, and career mode...not it's gameplay though. In all honesty, it sucks. 2012 version is IMO their best game ever. The gameplay alone would blow your mind.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by negga4al(m): 5:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
I still love PES but have got to say that FIFA since FIFA 12 have a more real gameplay compared to PES 12/13. Many PES lover know this but would not admit it because they are more of a loyal fan. PES are so good with graphics that sometimes you wonder if it is an adventure game you are playing. The gameplay, however, is too robotic and cannot be obtainable in real life: no handballs, referees are alien to the game, so f**king static, same with linesmen but in FIFA you will just love the players & goalkeepers' antics, commentary, replay; compare all these to PES then you'll note the difference. In PES you cannot decide to leave a club (in ML), why? an option FIFA gives (in Career Mode). PES has the Champions League atmosphere, it sucks because that's just the department FIFA is lacking, I think.

All in all, I still love playing PES especially when you want to flex your muscles with others, using some "super players" Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldinho. Got to say when playing with others, PES is the best, you just love it when you whoop people's ass, otherwise for your entertainment, FIFA got that.

For me, FIFA 13 wins this, and PES team will only be chasing this quality (gameplay).
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Frostyzone(m): 9:36am On Mar 18, 2013
negga4al: I still love PES but have got to say that FIFA since FIFA 12 have a more real gameplay compared to PES 12/13.

Fifa 13 has more realism but Pes 13 better interactive gameplay wins it for me.

negga4al: Many PES lover know this but would not admit it because they are more of a loyal fan. PES are so good with graphics that sometimes you wonder if it is an adventure game you are playing. The gameplay, however, is too robotic and cannot be obtainable in real life: no handballs, referees are alien to the game, so f**king static, same with linesmen but in FIFA you will just love the players & goalkeepers' antics, commentary, replay; compare all these to PES then you'll note the difference.

Dude, your reasoning clearly defines that you haven't given Pes 13 a try at all. Robotic?? Are you kidding me? If anything, they nailed the player's movements and dribbling a little too perfectly. They way you build up play and play in your teammates is exactly the way they do it in real life. Messi plays like Messi, and Ronaldo is simply fantastic. And crossing the balls from the wings is frankly speaking, better than the Fifa's version. Goalies are also more intelligent and versatile than they are on Fifa 13, seeing that they will do everything in their power to see that the ball doesn't go past them across the goal lines. Where as Fifa's counterpart will just look on like a mo.ron if the ball is not heading towards it, even if it's heading towards a certain corner-kick. The only downside is the officiating and player collision physics. Bad commentary has became an integral part of PES, as well as constant meaningless replays.

Those are the areas they need to improve upon to catch up with and over take the complacent Fifa.

negga4al: All in all, I still love playing PES especially when you want to flex your muscles with others, using some "super players" Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldinho. Got to say when playing with others, PES is the best, you just love it when you whoop people's ass, otherwise for your entertainment, FIFA got that.

The above is the only meaningful thing you 'd said so far.

negga4al: For me, FIFA 13 wins this, and PES team will only be chasing this quality (gameplay).

Fifa 13 wins it for me too, partly due to sentiments alone. But in a neutral point of view, Pes 13 stepped up on the gameplay category, and gave Fifa the run of their money.

It's not a thrashing anymore like it was last year. Rather it's more of Fifa 13(2) - Pes13(1).
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by demefa(m): 10:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
petrson:

Actuali, I can play my songs on my system directly from fifa 12 and 13 without any patch :-)
ur ryt bro wit pesedit patch u cn do alot of tyns, e.g transfer players. nd d patch giv real names of teams nd sponsors. with real kits too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infoseye PSP Help, Tips, Tutorials & Guide Thread / PS4 Online Community / Andriod Game -Have a feel of Lagos traffic with Highway Flee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.