Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,875 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped (5698 Views)

Picture & Names Of Kidnappers Of Osun Speaker’s Wife / Police Parade Kidnappers Of Osun Speaker’s Wife. / 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by Itohen: 5:54am On Oct 10, 2012
Unknown gunmen in Ejigbo, Osun State, on Tuesday, kidnapped the wife of the Speaker, Osun State House of Assembly, Mr Najeem Salaam.

Muiba, the first wife of the Speaker, was kidnapped in the Bamagay Square area of the town shortly after she had left her shop where she sold bags of rice, semovita and groundnut oil.

Her Honda car was overtaken by the vehicle of a six-member gang. The gang reportedly forced her Honda car to stop along Union Baptist Road in the Oke-Oyo area of Ejigbo, the Speaker’s hometown.

Our correspondent learnt that Muiba, who alighted and attempted to run from the kidnappers, was stopped and forced into a waiting car.

Chairman, House Committee on Regional Integration and Special Duties, Mr Femi Fafiyebi, confirmed the development, saying the news was “shocking.”

“I just heard about it a few minutes ago. Osun is a very peaceful state. We are the only state that checked flooding and created the most enabling environment in the south-west. I don’t know why this should happen in our dear state,” Fafiyebi said.

Police Public Relations Officer, Osun Command, Mrs Sade Odoro, who promised to get across to our correspondent over the development failed to do so.

Her phone was switched off when our correspondent called her back for confirmation.

Our correspondent reports that it is in Odoro’s character to ignore inquiries by journalists over crime matters in the state.

http://www.punchng.com/news/wife-of-osun-speaker-kidnapped/
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by dasparrow: 5:59am On Oct 10, 2012
@Post

I hope she is found safe and sound. When will all these kidnappings stop for goodness sake?
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 10, 2012
Dat 1 wey dey switch line off,wen e reach money u go dey charge ur fone

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by tbaba1234: 6:17am On Oct 10, 2012
Nigeria, we hail thee!!
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by chinnyonwu(m): 6:17am On Oct 10, 2012
Too bad. But me thinks they should probe the writers of this article for knowing so many details?? How did they know she tried to run away before they rounded her?

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by wandeay: 6:19am On Oct 10, 2012
nice one to the kidnappers, they are your meats not we the so-called masses,
Less i 4get, the public fund will be used to pay for her ransom,
#gush#

2 Likes

Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by remmyton(f): 6:24am On Oct 10, 2012
last I heard, the penalty for kidnapping someone is death, when will our youth learn? I really tire for Nigerian youth, they don't learn from others mistakes
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by etunoman76(m): 6:28am On Oct 10, 2012
Boko Haram in the North, kidnapping/armed robbery in the South, floods all over the country.......mixed up with high rate of unemployment, corruption and poverty, this country needs help of any form. God help us and the govt, especially the President, to know what to do and give us the will to do it, at these trying times

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by garrigangster: 6:37am On Oct 10, 2012
Wait till some e-idiots start blaming the PDP
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 10, 2012
Congratulation MEND for introducing Kidnapping as cheap and high ROI ventures in the South!
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by Havilah93(m): 6:43am On Oct 10, 2012
this is so bad....in osun state?
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by Dawdy(m): 6:43am On Oct 10, 2012
this stupidity should rather remain in south east and south south, igbo and niger deltans Be warned!
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by solomon111(m): 6:55am On Oct 10, 2012
Dawdy: this stupidity should rather remain in south east and south south, igbo and niger deltans Be warned!
And what will you do?
Bloody coward!!
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by Jjc2000(m): 7:01am On Oct 10, 2012
Kidnapping has become d business of d day in naija. As a result of unemployment in general and underemployment in particular(yes- o and o -yes).
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by wandeay: 7:01am On Oct 10, 2012
Dawdy: this stupidity should rather remain in south east and south south, igbo and niger deltans Be warned!
you don start abi, am not suprised, see your name, /*dondi*/
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by bright007(f): 7:02am On Oct 10, 2012
Flood spreading all over the country.Kidnapping started in the Niger Delta and now is fast gaining grounds in the south west.Bombing and sluttering have become a norm in North.Our students has become victims of one tragedy or another....I weep for this country...Nigeria is simply phucked
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by bright007(f): 7:02am On Oct 10, 2012
Flood spreading all over the country.Kidnapping started in the Niger Delta and now is fast gaining grounds in the south west.Bombing and sluttering have become a norm in North.Our students has become victims of one tragedy or another....I weep for this country...Nigeria is simply phucked
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 10, 2012
When you fight and rob the society by stealing funds and allocating money meant for development to yourselves, then the society fights back.
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 10, 2012
Where is Jack Bauer, chei I miss that guy.
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by youngboss1(m): 7:32am On Oct 10, 2012
The kidnappers just want a part of the masses fund being looted
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by yoged(m): 7:39am On Oct 10, 2012
Oh no, not again...what's osun state turning to. More than a month ago one popular/millionaire man called Nobility was also kidnapped around his house in Ilesa, osun state. Up till now he hasn't be found, the most annyoying part is that his kidnappers haven't contact the family and its more than one month or two months. May God keeps protecting us in this country, and may we not be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by chievo: 7:39am On Oct 10, 2012
....Insted of u people to condem bads tinz, u dey show ur tribalistik goat head" is nw @ ur door steps ...Deal with it.. Alika
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by yemi2plus(m): 7:52am On Oct 10, 2012
Wat a welcome development
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 10, 2012
yemi2plus2: Wat a welcome development

Lolz
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by Rooneyboy(m): 8:27am On Oct 10, 2012
They should pay the Zap.i.n.g ransom let us here word.
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by mrperfect(m): 8:27am On Oct 10, 2012
Policy should fight a desperate battle to rescue her.
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by Rooneyboy(m): 8:29am On Oct 10, 2012

And what is this dude trying to say ?
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by fankasibe: 8:34am On Oct 10, 2012
Guyz please, hw can i be part of NKA (Nigeria Kidnappers Asso.)?
i guess its a low capital intensive, With maximum profit. Coz i've got to pay my final year school fees.
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by soma042(m): 8:49am On Oct 10, 2012
Omo c dis coward are geting more couragious .
Beru beru people who dash u liver
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by ignis: 8:58am On Oct 10, 2012
Nigeria is fast becoming a jungle.
This day i hereby denounce my citezenship of Nigeria. Am now a citizen of Zimbabwe.
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by gen2briz(m): 8:59am On Oct 10, 2012
I guess this should be call O kidnap... pls kindly tell ogbeni to create O- rescue
Re: Wife Of Osun Speaker Kidnapped by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2012
wonder who is kidnapping who

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Six Points Agenda: State Of Origin To Be Abolished / FLASH: Tinubu Meeting With Buhari - Pic / Three Early Warning Signs That Tinubu Will Be A Bad President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.