Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? (868 Views)

Man Buries His One-Day-Old Baby, Shares Pics Of Her Burial On Facebook / Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? / Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by uduoyibo(f): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
The frequent abandoning of new born babies or killing them in Nigeria is now alarming. some will dump their own in the bush or gutter while some will even kill their. Is it the rate of immorality or lack of conscience?
Re: What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by slimchi2k2(m): 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2012
i dnt no,heartless people
Re: What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by 234GT(m): 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2012
The thoughts of where they will get money to take care of the babies. In my opinion, if you dont have the financial wherewithal to take care of a baby, dont give birth to one. There are several ways of being intimate without the thing leading to belle.
Re: What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by emilyone(f): 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2012
dumping a child you nurtured in your womb for nine months due to financial restraint isnt enough excuse, when such child could have been put up for adoption?

IMO some of our young ladies need proper reorientation
Re: What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by 234GT(m): 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
emilyone:
dumping a child you nurtured in your womb for nine months due to financial restraint isnt enough excuse, when such child could have been put up for adoption?

Unfortunately, that is the reason people dump their children. I cant still imagine why people have kids they cant take care of. The reason may sound incredible to you, but people are poor in this country. The poor keep compounding their problems by giving birth to children 'senselessly'.
Re: What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 10, 2012
maybe just maybe we need to look at both parties involved in making a baby, there is no excuse but I understand and coupled with PND it can make u do crazy things.

but again there is no excuse as instead of dumping there are plenty of orphanages to leave a newborn at
Re: What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by navygrl: 10:36pm On Oct 10, 2012
Postpartum psychosis, fear, money, indifference, spite for the father
Re: What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by Johndoe100(m): 3:22am On Oct 11, 2012
The main cause is reading posts on Nairaland by people who talk as if they just dropped from the moon. A prime example is:

emilyone:

Re: What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by Ivynwa(f): 6:27am On Oct 11, 2012
Financial restraint isn't the only reason children are dumped, the chief reason is that these ladies don't want people to look down/castigate them that they are single mothers which is why I am of the opinion that we should let up on the views we have of females that have babies out of wedlock. When I see people preach "damn the single mothers" in the forum, I can't help being defensive of these girls because looking down on them is one great reason the younger ones look around and prefer to kill off their babies and hush matters so that that way nobody will call them evil and bad.
Re: What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by uduoyibo(f): 9:50am On Oct 11, 2012
I don't think financial restraint is enough reason but I think is lack of conscience.
Re: What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by MiracleChild: 10:45am On Oct 11, 2012
Its really sad. I think the Government should make it OK for such babies to be anonymously dropped in selected locations like Orphanages and Churches. If they do this more babies will be saved.
Re: What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2012
i blame RELIGION etc......... and all these "THIEVES IN ROBE" pastors who tell these girls that abortion is wrong, instead of dealing with the problem adequately.
Re: What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by UmericanGirl(f): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2012
I can't ever imagine killing my child. I fought to keep my child(ren) alive and broke down everytime when one of them coded and had to be recusitsted multiple times. Its unimaginable how somebody can do that intentionally.
Re: What Will Cause A Woman To Abandon A Day Old Baby? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 13, 2012
post partum depression.

Its very real and quite common undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Family Section Of Old. . .Compared to RECYCLED NEW? Can You Spot 'Em? ;) / Sesame Street / Dear Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.