Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,919 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake (1020 Views)

Euro 2012: Croatia Vs Spain(0 - 1) On 18th June 2012 Group C / Messi's Recent Omission Of C.ronaldo Name From His First Xi / Off To Spain! Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Saturday! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake by Wolexis: 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2012
[b]I've always wondered what criteria National team coaches use when they pick players for their team. Is it the player's form, the player's club, his price tag, or just pure sentiments?? I really don't know but I feel the first two I mentioned should be the reason for their selection.

Well, Vicente Del Bosque thought otherwise when he selected the Spain's squad for their upcoming world cup qualifiers. Before I go any further, let's take a look at the team. (Please pay attention particularly to the midfielders and attackers)

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets Xabi Alonso Cesc Fabregas Andres Iniesta Xavi Hernandez Benat Etxebarria Javi Martinez Santi Cazorla David Silva
Attackers: Pedro Jesus Navas Roberto Soldado David Villa Fernando Torres

Now tell me, where's Juan Mata and what is Javi Martinez and Cesc Fabregas doing on the list? ? Mata has been unarguably Chelsea's best player in their recent games. "he is quick, inventive, score goals, create chances and most importantly knows how Torres is better served. He has even...... continue on www.wolexis..com

[/b]

Re: Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake by ritchboy(m): 9:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
Iniesta/Silva/Cazorla/Cesc are all better AMs than Mata and Pedro/Navas are better wingers so his omission makes sense.

Spain are just ridiculously talented in that area.

1 Like

Re: Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake by Wolexis: 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2012
hmm.. You have a point there. but at least he should have been called. Snubbing him simply means he is not good enough! Xavi is already ageing. he can't play top level football for more than 2 years. It's good he starts giving people like Mata a chance. The truth is this, if Mata was a madrid or barca player, he would have been selected irrespective of the number of players who can play his position in the team
Re: Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake by A40(m): 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
Wolexis: I've always wondered
Midfielders: Sergio Busquets Xabi Alonso Cesc Fabregas Andres Iniesta Xavi Hernandez Benat Etxebarria Javi Martinez Santi Cazorla David Silva
Attackers: Pedro Jesus Navas Roberto Soldado David Villa Fernando Torres

Now tell me, where's Juan Mata and what is Javi Martinez and Cesc Fabregas doing on the list? ? Mata has been unarguably Chelsea's best player in their recent games. "he is quick, inventive, score goals, create chances and most importantly knows how Torres is better served. He has even...... continue on www.wolexis..com

Lol he is a world cup winner,ucl and euro winner not sure we can question him but obviously u are speaking from a Chelsea fan perspective lol let me speak from a Bayern fan perspective too Javi Martinez is there cos he can also play central defence especially since Puyol and Pique would be MIA. Ramos has also been shaky so Martinez's inclusion is necessary

1 Like

Re: Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake by Wolexis: 12:30am On Oct 12, 2012
If Martinez is there as a cover for the central defence pairing of Pique and Ramos despite the fact that he is not playing for Bayern,then Raul Albiol should as well be in the team. I'm not a chelsea, infact I hate Chelsea to the core since the stole my Torres away (Lol, don't mind me) I'm just pointing out the fact. His omission is baseless!
Re: Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake by usbcable(m): 1:50am On Oct 12, 2012
fabregas was simplay included because he plays for barcelona

1 Like

Re: Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake by Wolexis: 8:12am On Oct 12, 2012
God bless you usbcable. you understand what i'm talking about
Re: Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake by A40(m): 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2012
Wolexis: If Martinez is there as a cover for the central defence pairing of Pique and Ramos despite the fact that he is not playing for Bayern,then Raul Albiol should as well be in the team. I'm not a chelsea, infact I hate Chelsea to the core since the stole my Torres away (Lol, don't mind me) I'm just pointing out the fact. His omission is baseless!
Who told you Martinez is not playing for Bayern?? He has featured in as many games if not more games than Raul Albiol
I don't disagree with you that Mata shoulda been in the squad ahead of say a Jesus Navas or Cesc Fabregas. But from the little I know of Del Bosque he can be quite sentimental and likes to stick with what works for him
Re: Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake by A40(m): 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2012
usbcable: fabregas was simplay included because he plays for barcelona
You guys should stop arguing based on sentiment. Barca has been the best team in Europe over the last 5 years so what does any coach gain from denying himself of those resources
Casillas,Ramos,Arbeloa,Albiol,Alonso all play for which club? If we where selecting purely on form some players on that list would not have made the squad
Re: Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake by timbros(m): 11:00am On Oct 13, 2012
Is Fabregas related to Del Bosque? It is only sentiments that should make Fabregas be in thats list. Look at the Euros, Spain has two No. 9 on the bench and yet playing Fabregas as a 'false 9'. Even if we say Torres is underperforming, what about Llonrente? Why must he be left on the bench after the wonderful season he had wit Bilbao...
Mata had just 6mins through out the whole tournament. Can you believe that?

Del Bosque is just so sentimental in his selections...
Re: Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake by A40(m): 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2012
timbros: Is Fabregas related to Del Bosque? It is only sentiments that should make Fabregas be in thats list. Look at the Euros, Spain has two No. 9 on the bench and yet playing Fabregas as a 'false 9'. Even if we say Torres is underperforming, what about Llonrente? Why must he be left on the bench after the wonderful season he had wit Bilbao...

But he winning tho!
Re: Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake by A40(m): 3:37pm On Oct 13, 2012
timbros: Is Fabregas related to Del Bosque? It is only sentiments that should make Fabregas be in thats list. Look at the Euros, Spain has two No. 9 on the bench and yet playing Fabregas as a 'false 9'. Even if we say Torres is underperforming, what about Llonrente? Why must he be left on the bench after the wonderful season he had wit Bilbao...

1 Like

Re: Article: Mata's Omission From The Spain Squad Is A Big Mistake by timbros(m): 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2012
A-40:

But he winning tho!

Yea true. But he just have to put sentiments aside and select his team by merit. Theres no way Mata shouldnt be in Spain's squad this International week...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Players Get New Cars / Peter's Robot Dance / Some Europa Soccer Leauge Results.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.