Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo (7042 Views)

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by Ovularia: 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2012
A former Labour Party (LP) House of Assembly aspirant in Owo Constituency 1, Kehinde Bello (aka H.K. Bello), has led over 3,000 members of the Movement for Good Governance and Ethical Leadership (MGGEL) in the community to the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

Bello, who is the state coordinator of the group, said they defected to the ACN to support its governorship candidate, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN), following his achievements during his reign as the President of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA).

He also led LP executives in Owo to the ACN fold.

They are former Ehinogbe Ward I Chairman, Mr. Bowale Obatooto (aka Omo-Emi), Idasen Ward Secretary, Mr. Adetoyese Adewunmi, Igboroko Ward Treasurer, Mrs. Enuogbope Oyekorode, Ijebu Ward Secretary, Ruth Ebemebo, leaders of LP Elders Council in Igboroko I and II, Mr. M.I. Balogun, Ex-officio, Uso/Emure Ward, Mr. Babatunde Olupitan, among others.

They were welcomed into ACN by the party’s governorship candidate, Mr. Akeredolu and Chairman, Mr. F.O. Osedimibola, at a rally in Owo Local Government.

Speaking at the event, Bello described LP as a one man business whose sole proprietorship lacks the ethics of leadership.

He added that it is a party where ignorance reigns supreme over experience.

Bello said LP was a party run by a clique of self-seekers, bourgeois and mudslinging leaders whose pedigree was to subvert the will of the people.

He said: “Governor Olusegun Mimiko, who is the sole proprietor of the LP, believes that the only way he can succeed in his criminal act is by giving power to thugs, mediocrity, naivety and those who cannot challenge his authority.

“For instance, in Owo, go and check the past records of the political appointees of Governor Mimiko, including those elected to represent the local government. You cannot see one without a criminal record. We are being ruled by thugs. Owo must be liberated. We believe the only party that can bring rapid development to the community is ACN.

“Ondo State cannot continue not to be in mainstream politics. We must join Southwest progressive states. The defection of our team from the LP to ACN brings an end to the reign of LP in our community.”

Receiving the defectors, Akeredolu eulogised the leader of the group for his political sagacity and praised his wise decision to join ACN at a time leadership change in the state is imminent.

He described Bello as a man of honour who was progressive minded. He said he is a political asset to the Owo community.

“You have taken a wise decision. I want to assure you that when I’m elected into office, your group will be recognised,” Akeredolu said.

The ACN standard bearer described the large turnout of members of the group as a great asset to ACN’s chances at the polls.

No fewer than 1,000 members of LP and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) defected to ACN at Ward nine and 10 in Isua-Akoko, as well as Ward I in Epinmi-Akoko, all in Akoko South East Local Government.

The PDP group was led by Mr. Awolowo, while the following people led various groups from LP: P.K.D. Omoogun, Mr. Agbaje Ehinola, Mr. Dahunsi and Mr. Apata.

The leaders are of the opinion that anybody still working for Mimiko for a second term is not only living in a fool’s paradise, he is an enemy of the generation unborn.

They said if Mimiko is given the second term mandate, the state will not recover from the wounds in the next 10 years, adding that generations unborn would not forgive those responsible for this.

They were received by Dr. K. B. Shaba, Hon. Oguntoyinbo and former Deputy Speaker of the House of Assembly, Hon. Aderogboye.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/3000-lp-members-defect-to-acn-in-owo/
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by Afam4eva(m): 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
3,000 Agberos?lol grin

No be small propaganda be this ooo...Anytime wey election don reach, you go dey hear say thousands of people don defect to ACM...i dey laugh.

5 Likes

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by aryzgreat: 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
ACN propaganda! una go see pepper, bunch of tribalistic touts!

2 Likes

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by Geomac: 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mimiko will win even if the whole of Owo and Ondo LP defect to ACN.

2 Likes

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by gunuvi(m): 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
People who are still relevant in a party hardly defect. Politicians defects all the time when a party meets the bargain. Don't worry, we can wake up tomorrow with LP buying them back. Shio..

1 Like

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by packman: 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2012
[size=20pt]OW DOES THIS AFFECT THE COST OF LIVING....................... angry angry angry angry angry[/size]
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by CLIQBOY(m): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2012
afam4eva: 3,000 Agberos?lol grin

No be small propaganda be this ooo...Anytime wey election don reach, you go dey hear say thousands of people don defect to ACM...i dey laugh.
are you alright?
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by olaezebala: 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2012
ACheN and their propaganda. Na today we de hear such thing?

1 Like

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by highlandre(m): 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2012
Count me out of defection: i just don't believe credible people defect. Politics of chop here, chop there....oshisko!

1 Like

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by 10over101: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2012
Na today?..A,C,N only breeds touts n noting more....so shameful..

2 Likes

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
3000 rascals

2 Likes

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by aryzgreat: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2012
Tinubu news paper the Nation has shown how despearate ACN can be, imagine the propaganda! Please tune in by 5pm on AIT for the final Debate on Ondo Guber poll. ACN will be put to shame this evening. Bunch of tribalistic losers!
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by egbetokuns(m): 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2012
Judge is right coz its a case before him and Ɣ☺ΰ can't compare embeZzlement with a thief wit fire arms if Ɣ☺ΰ steal just 1k and Ɣ☺ΰ came wit fire arm Ɣ☺ΰ committed a capital offence which has high judgement lik dis our politicial can steal money but they steal by trick or manupulation on situation lik dis we shud categorise it in diff offence and diff judgement wil follow it
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by lwise(m): 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2012
3000 touts defect to ATM to collect their share from Tinubu.Our eyes don open no be today.let them keep deceiving thereselves.
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2012
highlandre: Count me out of defection: i just don't believe credible people defect. Politics of chop here, chop there....oshisko!
my brother thank you. Instead of me to vote for pdp in the next election, I‘ll vote for cpc cos I don‘t see the difference between acn and pdp. Acn comprises unhappy pdp members. Apart from lagos state and edo, can someone mention a sw state that is above average. The reason is that the previous administrations(1999 - 2007) in the two states were below average unlike states like enugu, akwa ibom, calabar........ So anything is heaven to them. That is why I like my Enugu state. If you are not in Enugu state, you wouldn‘t know of wonders happening there. So enough of this noise about acn as if it‘s party made up of saints.
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by Ufeolorun(m): 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2012
aryzgreat: Tinubu news paper the Nation has shown how despearate ACN can be, imagine the propaganda! Please tune in by 5pm on AIT for the final Debate on Ondo Guber poll. ACN will be put to shame this evening. Bunch of tribalistic losers!
grin grin grin boiz dey binu
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2012
Wetin concern Tinubu for ondo again? If Acn presents a better candidate based on his personal achievement so far,let ondo people be the judge. However,if Mimiko has performed excellently,let ondo voters judge. News said 3000 LP members defected for whatever reason known to them,gud for ACN,bad for LP. You people should stop hating ACN or Tinubu simply becos People's destructive/deceiving Party aint got no shot.
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by Aphrygian(m): 5:17pm On Oct 11, 2012
I no why u people hate ACN(1) most of ur fathers are there thugs and de‘ve got broke since ACN took over (2)most of u are there thugs and u av not been making it cos ACN does not support spendin spree.ACN has done more good than PDP in nigeria.ask d people of osun state(i mean d masses not some of dia thugs).enough said.i no some people will bash me am ready

1 Like

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by meksroland: 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
Asiwaju Company of Nigeria (ACN). No sane person will allow one man to control and tell them what to do. Tinubu is eyeing the oil in that area

1 Like

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by Aphrygian(m): 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2012
maryjames9: Wetin concern Tinubu for ondo again? If Acn presents a better candidate based on his personal achievement so far,let ondo people be the judge. However,if Mimiko has performed excellently,let ondo voters judge. News said 3000 LP members defected for whatever reason known to them,gud for ACN,bad for LP. You people should stop hating ACN or Tinubu simply becos People's destructive/deceiving Party aint got no shot.
thank u my broda.most of them are not even yoruba or even if they are they must be truly nigerias big problem cos they dont want her to progress.i laff wen most of them ask apart from lag and edo.maybe they should take a trip to osun.mtheeeew

1 Like

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by Clemzy16(m): 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
Me just shaking my head for mimiko. The iroko will soon bow.

1 Like

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by kingparagon1: 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
aryzgreat: ACN propaganda! una go see pepper, bunch of tribalistic touts!
if LP govt in ondo is bad then ACN is worst e.g. Check osun & ekiti, d ppl are regreting surporting ACN govts. Wat mimiko has done in 3&1/2yrs acn cant do it 8yrs. D nation newspapers dat reported is acn-owned

1 Like

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by trigar12(m): 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2012
Thats POLITICS mehn, NO PERMANENT FRIEND NO PERMANENT ENEMY
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by dayokanu(m): 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2012
king-paragon:
if LP govt in ondo is bad then ACN is worst e.g. Check osun & ekiti, d ppl are regreting surporting ACN govts. Wat mimiko has done in 3&1/2yrs acn cant do it 8yrs. D nation newspapers dat reported is acn-owned

Let them repeat elections in Osun, Ekiti, Oyo etc ACN would still win by a large margin

We reject any trace of Adedibu, Alao-Akala, Omisore, Fayose Obanikoro and all those irresponsible people in our Polity
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by victorD3: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
If them like make them defect go BH incumbent go win.
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by mikhebricks: 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
king-paragon:
People r regrettn?? N ekiti guvnor was voted guvnor of d year? Stop being biased
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by Maxymilliano(m): 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
This type of falsehood is only reported in The Nation newspaper and Dailypost, both controlled by the ACN propaganda machine. I'm sure Senator (Prof) Borrofice will be leaking his wound now as he is about to lose his seat in the Upper chamber for decamping to ACN and presenting a false premise to INEC as the basis for his carpet crossing.

1 Like

Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by kolexy(m): 8:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
lucenzo: my brother thank you. Instead of me to vote for pdp in the next election, I‘ll vote for cpc cos I don‘t see the difference between acn and pdp. Acn comprises unhappy pdp members. Apart from lagos state and edo, can someone mention a sw state that is above average. The reason is that the previous administrations(1999 - 2007) in the two states were below average unlike states like enugu, akwa ibom, calabar........ So anything is heaven to them. That is why I like my Enugu state. If you are not in Enugu state, you wouldn‘t know of wonders happening there. So enough of this noise about acn as if it‘s party made up of saints.

You are wrong bro. The Governor of Ekiti is one of the best performing govs in Nigeria.
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by segcymoor(m): 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2012
Abeg stop fighting!
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by thirty(m): 9:17pm On Oct 11, 2012
lucenzo: The reason is that the previous administrations(1999 - 2007) in the two states were below average unlike states like enugu, akwa ibom, calabar........ So anything is heaven to them. That is why I like my Enugu state. If you are not in Enugu state, you wouldn‘t know of wonders happening there.

if u know Enugu is better, now evacuate ur people from lagos and develop ur Calabar, Akwa Ibom and Enugugu state.
Re: 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo by thirty(m): 9:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
king-paragon:
can u say amen? No peace for the lie(s). Ekiti and Osun is developing. Have you been there recently?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' / Ayade Is Investing In The Future – Makarfi / Atiku And Peter Obi Say It’s Time For Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.