Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,203 members, 7,839,098 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? (11437 Views)

Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? / Why Do Pastors Sell Their Sermons? / Do Pastors Fall Sick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by buchibabe: 11:48am On Oct 15, 2012
I once heard dat one jet owned pastor pays his tithe to anoda school owned pastor. U can decode dt if u like. I no call anybody name o.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:48am On Oct 15, 2012
most dont while few do.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by dridowu: 11:48am On Oct 15, 2012
Ds question na for jamb student
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by preciousnonso: 11:55am On Oct 15, 2012
av neva seen dat b4 o! Wonder if they pay!
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Mintayo(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2012
I dnt know why this issue is been raised again!
Let me tell u that a prosperous church is a tithe giving church,not only that,also a giving church!
A church whose pastor does not pay tithe or help d needy will b a poverty-stricken church!
Many churches u see today that are prosperous are overseen by a tithe-given and a charity given pastor(i dnt want 2 mention names)!
And pls what a pastor or a church does with d offering/tithe is no one busness,pls who are we to jugde-let God b the judge not u,tithing is a choice,so dnt mislead any1 into what u dnt knw-dnt 4get dt we need the Spirit of God to understand what is in the Bible!
So dnt tithe and c d doors of heaven closed on ur life!

The bible is clear abt the importance of tithing,Mal 3:8-9!
TITHE IS NOT A DEBT WE OWE(to God),BUT A SEED WE SOW!
What you sow ,you reap!
WHY SHOULD WE TITHE-
1. bcus God command it: refusal is rebellion!
2. Bcus u live unda d financial curse of God if u dnt!
3. Bcus God will giv u an increase of income wen u do!
4. Bcus God say He will rebuke d devorer(satan) 4 ur sake wen u do!
Tithing is a way of opening God's financial door upon our lives, pls dnt let d devil decieve u!

INADDITION,HAVE U EVER WONDERED WHERE OVERSEER GETS D MONEY THEY USED IN PAYING THEIR PASTORS SALARY? For the OPEN-MINED,pls read 1 Cor 9,pls!

vs 13-Dnt u realised that those who work in the temple get their meals from the offerings brought to the temple.........? 14. In the same way the lord ordered that those who preached the Good News should be supported by THOSE WHO BENEFIT FROM IT!(1 Cor 9:13-14).

He that has an ear,let him HEAR AND understand what the Spirit is saying!

I pray the Lord will give us understanding!
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by faboben10: 11:59am On Oct 15, 2012
All i want u to know is, some people r in hell right now because they cheated on God with tithes and offering. Shikena!
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by lakesider(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2012
How come its only during tithe issue pastors feels the old testament is more valid than the new testament.since every one of us can communicate to God directly now. We don't need to give any man money to help us deliver it to God . Are pastors western union ni

4 Likes

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2012
That would be like buying a good from your own shop.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by tpapi: 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2012
Goshen360:

You mean you we pay tithe to the same God who NEVER DEMANDED TITHE FROM CHRISTIANS AND WHO HAD CHANGED/NULLIFIED THE LAW OF TITHING
see dis confused atheist
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by UGetSense(m): 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
Goshen360:

You mean you we pay tithe to the same God who NEVER DEMANDED TITHE FROM CHRISTIANS AND WHO HAD CHANGED/NULLIFIED THE LAW OF TITHING

Plz enlighten me on how GOD HAD CHANGED/NULLIFIED THE LAW OF TITHING. I realy wan2 knw cos I want biblical proof 2 stop tithing. I prefer giving my 10% to d poor
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 15, 2012
tpapi: see dis confused atheist
Goshen is a christian
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2012
Mintayo: I dnt know why this issue is been raised again!
Let me tell u that a prosperous church is a tithe giving church,not only that,also a giving church!
A church whose pastor does not pay tithe or help d needy will b a poverty-stricken church!
Many churches u see today that are prosperous are overseen by a tithe-given and a charity given pastor(i dnt want 2 mention names)!
And pls what a pastor or a church does with d offering/tithe is no one busness,pls who are we to jugde-let God b the judge not u,tithing is a choice,so dnt mislead any1 into what u dnt knw-dnt 4get dt we need the Spirit of God to understand what is in the Bible!

What you sow ,you reap!
WHY SHOULD WE TITHE-
Tithing is a way of opening God's financial door upon our lives, pls dnt let d devil decieve u!

INADDITION,HAVE U EVER WONDERED WHERE OVERSEER GETS D MONEY THEY USED IN PAYING THEIR PASTORS SALARY? For the OPEN-MINED,pls read 1 Cor 9,pls!

vs 13-Dnt u realised that those who work in the temple get their meals from the offerings brought to the temple.........? 14. In the same way the lord ordered that those who preached the Good News should be supported by THOSE WHO BENEFIT FROM IT!(1 Cor 9:13-14).

See this thief.

God does not need your money. Jesus said feed the poor and you have done have fed him.

Ole
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by mrkels(m): 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2012
faboben10: All i want u to know is, some people r in hell right now because they cheated on God with tithes and offering. Shikena!
and how exactly would you know this?
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by AkinDavid2: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2012
Next...!!!@OP you wan dey collect am?
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by lakesider(m): 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
Its stupidity to send your hard earned mony to God tru any pastor.are pastors western union. Afterall we all can communicate with God now. The era of tithe as stated in d old testament was when men could nt speak to God directly. Let's stop been stupid
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 12:25pm On Oct 15, 2012
plappville:

C'est normal, Ils n'ont rien en commun. je devais te dirigé vers le lien du sabbat que j'ai créé.

Le frère @Image123 a essayé, mais il ne fournit pas un verset qui manifestement annulés ou changé le jour du sabbat donc, je pense que tu peux fait quelque chose.
Je tiens à te fait confiance smiley

Voyez ci-dessous. Mais nous allons parler en anglais, alors que d'autres peuvent contribuer.

https://www.nairaland.com/1042585/how-observe-shabbath

D'accord. Maintenant je comprends ce que tu racontes sweerie. Je participerai au fil - Meaning: Okay, now I understand what you talking about. I will attend the thread.

Pastor Kun:

Zikkyy:

They were discussing in tongues grin

No be only discussing in tongues.....we dey "toast" ourselves in tongues.......hehehehehehehe grin cool
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by flairlady(f): 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
please are there churches that dont pay tithes in Nigeria?
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 12:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
tpapi: see dis confused atheist

Who told you am an Atheist For record purpose, I am a Christian, not just by mouth but in truth and in spirit.

1 Like

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 12:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
flairlady: please are there churches that dont pay tithes in Nigeria?

Yes! I know of many even in the USA......You want PROOF
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Karonn(f): 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
Pastors pay tithe na.abi no be dem get church?na dem get everything wey come frm church.i wonder hw many Jews follow dis law.tithe is meant 4 d widows,orphans&needy.but it has been turned to wat pastors use to buy luxury 4 themselves.they tell us we r robbing God.the only thing God needs is our praise and worship.Godiswatchingthem
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
My pastor and his wife pays to other men of God who are like thier father in the Lord. Everyone pays tithe in one form or the other. Either to God or to devil. There is a prophet in ilorin who lost a 25 year old daughter about 2 months to get married, other men of God went to intercede for him and God told them that he has robbed him of tithe, atimes you might lose what you value, or you keep repairing or spending money on things
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Karonn(f): 12:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
Did Jesus pay tithe?did he preachtithe?aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ we Jews?
Mintayo: I dnt know why this issue is been raised again!

What you sow ,you reap!
WHY SHOULD WE TITHE-

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
Mitt Romney dont pay no taxes!

Jesus dont pay no tithes!
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Femmymata2(m): 1:01pm On Oct 15, 2012
whether the G.O buys 10jets,100luxurious cars,50mansion e.t.c with your tithe or offering it is not ur biz because God is not complaining. The most important thing is for u to continue paying ur tithe to God through ur (don't touch my anointed)jetflying pastors so that u'll not burn in the lake of hell fire forever. I don't pay tithe meaning i've a nice room in hell where i'll be burning 4ever, pls don't be like me
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 1:04pm On Oct 15, 2012
U-Get-Sense:

Plz enlighten me on how GOD HAD CHANGED/NULLIFIED THE LAW OF TITHING. I realy wan2 knw cos I want biblical proof 2 stop tithing. I prefer giving my 10% to d poor

Read Hebrews Chapter 7: It refers to tithing as it relates to Abra(ham) - The Pre-Law Tithing (Heb. 7:1-4). Then it goes on to Tithing ACCORDING to the Law. That is as COMMANDED in the LAW with the Levi (Hebrews 7:5-6). Furthermore, It compares both tithing act (Heb. 7:cool. Again, the writer then SPIRITUALIZED Levi paying tithe into the act of Abraham paying tithe BUT we KNOW that Levi who are the priests were not commanded to pay tithe BUT to receive or take tithe according to same writer in verse 5.

The writer therefore went further declare the priesthood being changed MUST necessitate a change of law. Now the question is WHAT law? Is it the whole law or law of tithing which the writer says in verse 5, "have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law"? If you either or both, it will still lay a fundamental truth of verse 12 which states, when the priesthood is CHANGED, there MUST be a CHANGE in law also. Therefore, this change MUST affect the law of tithing. This is where change is effective! Hebrews 7:11-12 is where it was CHANGED!

The same writer nailed the discourse and declared tithing NULLIFIED in Heb. 7:18-19 (after introducing us to a better priesthood in Christ, vs. 13-17) in which verse 19 explains verse 18 better. It says, "For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof". The ONLY commandment "going before" that the writer ever told us in "context" is found in verse 5 and the writer clarifies in verse 19 that this commandment is "according to the law" of verse 5.

Finally, the writer continued to draw us deeper to Christ from verse 19-End and says, we don't draw closer to God through or by the law BUT by or through Christ. God used the law to train the Israelites in the way of obedience. The Church was NEVER under the law at any time. Since the law had done its job, it ended in Christ and with Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Leobreezy(m): 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2012
I'm really tired of explaining to these blind peeps that they are being defrauded by their pastors bt it seems they enjoy being beguiled. Henceforth i won't comment on any tithe topic. You guys can continue paying your pastor's salary tithes. Just don't complain to God when you are trekking under the sun and your pastor is flying in his jet.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by PastorKun(m): 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
U-Get-Sense:

Read hebrews 7:5-19 with special emphasis on verses 11,12,18 & 19 there you would see the scriptures were tithing was anulled for christians. It was also described as a weak useless and unprofitable law.

Also read deut 14:22-29, there you would learn that the church definition and practise of tithes is very wrong. Wld have posted the scriptures here myself but I am using my phone. Would appreciate if any brethen using a laptop could help post those scriptures here.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by PastorKun(m): 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
U-Get-Sense:

Read hebrews 7:5-19 with special emphasis on verses 11,12,18 & 19 there you would see the scriptures were tithing was anulled for christians. It was also described as a weak useless and unprofitable law.

Also read deut 14:22-29, there you would learn that the church definition and practise of tithes is very wrong. Wld have posted the scriptures here myself but I am using my phone. Would appreciate if any brethen using a laptop could help post those scriptures here.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Femmymata2(m): 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
stevman: My pastor and his wife pays to other men of God who are like thier father in the Lord. Everyone pays tithe in one form or the other. Either to God or to devil. There is a prophet in ilorin who lost a 25 year old daughter about 2 months to get married, other men of God went to intercede for him and God told them that he has robbed him of tithe, atimes you might lose what you value, or you keep repairing or spending money on things
This a good example how God feels about tithe money. Firstly, i pray that d 25yr old girl makes heaven and secondly that she'll be able to forgive her father for causing her untimely death. The father can be sued to court (only if they could record God's voice) as evidence, so instead of complaining about how ur pastor is lavishly spending ur tithes, u should be fearful of what God can do to u and family. He visits the sin of the father on the daughter, GOD HATE TITHE ROBBERS THAN BOKOHARAM

1 Like

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
As a matter of biblical truth........ANYONE WHO KEEPS PAYING TITHE IS UNDER A CURSE. The word of God is true. No wonder there are many tithe payers in church and yet, poverty abound. Have you asked yourself the reason behind this tragedy? The word of God gives us/you an answer,Galatians 3:10

New International Version (©1984)
All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."

New Living Translation (©2007)
But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the Scriptures say, "Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God's Book of the Law."

Friends, you see one of the problem with the law is, if you MUST obey or follow the law, you must obey/follow EVERYTHING. There are many things contained in the law that we don't practice today. In fact, the law was NEVER written to Christian (Gentile believers in Christ) according to Romans 2:14. You tell these preachers that the law says the wayward children should be stoned to death, they will tell you we are under the Grace and we cannot do that no more. Tell these preachers the law says adulterers and fornicators should be stoned to death, they will tell you we are NOW under Grace. Why are we NOT under Grace ONLY when it comes to tithe.

Besides, biblical tithe was NEVER from MONEY even though money existed since Genesis, it was ALWAYS crops and animals and even that biblical tithe had ended with Christ and in Christ as contained in Hebrews chapter 7. Not everyone in Israel was commanded to tithe, ONLY those involved in crops and animal. Jesus as a Carpenter didn't tithe because he didn't produce crops and animal. Peter, Paul etc NEVER tithed because they never produced crops and animal. Friends, NO ONE, I MEAN NO ONE PAYS OR PRACTICE GOD'S BIBLICAL TITHE TODAY. What you have in the church system is modified and twisted version of God's biblical tithe which itself had ended.

1 Like

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Profidada: 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
This issue of tithe is really getting on my nerves. It went to its climax when my dad deducted 10% of his gratuity of 35 years in service for this exercise . I tried my best to convince him not to, that there were pressing issues that needed to sought out but he refused, i was mad.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2012
Pastor Kun:

"1.This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him,2and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, his name means “king of righteousness”; then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.” 3Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God he remains a priest forever.4Just think how great he was: Even the patriarch Abraham gave him a tenth of the plunder! 5Now the law requires the descendants of Levi who become priests to collect a tenth from the people—that is, their brothers—even though their brothers are descended from Abraham. 6This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7And without doubt the lesser person is blessed by the greater. 8In the one case, the tenth is collected by men who die; but in the other case, by him who is declared to be living. 9One might even say that Levi, who collects the tenth, paid the tenth through Abraham, 10because when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor. 11If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to come—one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron? 12For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law. 13He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe, and no one from that tribe has ever served at the altar. 14For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests. 15And what we have said is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears, 16one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life. 17For it is declared:

“You are a priest forever,

in the order of Melchizedek.”a

18The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19(for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God"
- Hebrews 7, New International Version

Pastor Kun:

"22Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own. 28At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the aliens, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands". - Deuteronomy 14 New International Version

There you have it!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Muskeeto, Ihedinobi, Lb...lets Talk Here :-) / Why Does The Bible 'God' Love The Smell Of Burning Flesh? / Pastor Faith Oyedepo Was Treated Medically In A South Africa Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.