Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,674 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? (11436 Views)

Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? / Why Do Pastors Sell Their Sermons? / Do Pastors Fall Sick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 6:37am On Oct 16, 2012
rhemaplus: Goshen: I have followed u for a while now, especially on tithe issues. The way u convey ur truth is not holistic. Truth should be said in love n not to show knowledge or by mockery.

I have always said the truth of God's word in love my brother. The reason I "sometimes" mock people is when they try to prove what they don't know. It is some people that actually mock their selves in their statements. Hence, I show them their lope holes.

rhemaplus: Yes, it is true that no one pays tithe the way it is done in the O.T; yes, it is also true that old testament tithe is mainly crops and not monetary but to assert that for this reasons people should not pay tithe is not borne out of Love.

Since you KNOW the truth in my teaching, why don't you stand for the truth. The truth has no substitute sir. Every Christian that knows the truth of God's word are called to be an Apologist and our main functions are:

1. Proof the truth
2. Defend the truth
3. Refute those who oppose the truth and
4. Persuade others to come to the truth......because only the truth can set people free while falsehood keeps people bound in shackles and hardship.

My brother, please stand for the truth if you KNOW it.....like you said. On the contrary, to teach people the truth of tithe is what is borne out of love. Are you saying those who teach false teaching of monetary tithing are those teaching it out of love They have subtly manufactured monetary tithing which is not the original and biblical tithing as you said. Even the biblical tithing as we know is gone! Only giving is taught to the NT church and therein is the truth.

rhemaplus: You said anyone who pays tithe is under curse, not true. The bible made it clear just as u have quoted it that only those who THINK that by keeping the law would they be made right are under the curse. It is not the act that makes u under the curse but the motive.

You deliberately left out the second part of the scripture I quoted and only took unto the first part. If you are referring to the first part of that scripture, how about the second part for the word of God is a two-edged sword. The second part says,

"for the Scriptures say, "Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God's Book of the Law." Galatians 3:10.

I just said what the word of God said. This is the issue with the law - when the whole (ALL) is NOT observed or obeyed, the scripture places such under a curse. It is NOT the curse of Malachi 3:9-10 that put a Christian under curse for it wasn't written to a Christian in the first place BUT the curse of picking "some" aspects of the law to obey and the ones not to obey. It doesn't work that way.

rhemaplus: The Law is good, infact the reason the law was set aside was not cos it wasn't good, The law is perfect in itself, the only problem it had was that it was our inability to keep it.

What you have said here is half truth. To add to it, Christians (Gentiles believers) are NEVER under the law in the first place. It was the Jews and the bible makes it very clear. Even at that, the law was to train the minds of the Jews in obedience and to bring them to Christ. Since christ already came, the law had finished its course and ended. Why tell Christians to keep the law they were NOT given to them. The ONLY laws given to Christian is the law of Christ and it is called the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. Take a look at this,

New International Version (©1984)
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.
Romans 2:14

To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.

New Living Translation (©2007)
When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewish law, I too live apart from that law so I can bring them to Christ. But I do not ignore the law of God; I obey the law of Christ. - I Corinthians 9:21

So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law. Galatians 3:24-25

Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God. - Romans 10:4

rhemaplus: The truth I think we should preach is not that people should not pay tithe, rather that God does not curse a man cos he doesn't pay tithe. Except we want to be hypocritical, in as much that I don't believe that tithe should be mandatory, I believe it should be paid.

It is the false tithe teachers that teach that people are cursed when they don't tithe. The truth you still need to understand is NOT whether it is compulsory or not, it is that it was NEVER commanded to Christians. Even the crops and animals tithe that was commanded to the Jews had ended and nullified as recorded in Hebrews 7. If you still believe it should be paid, then you are contradicting scriptures and should also teach people to obey other laws as commanded, NOT just tithing but also, animal sacrifice, stoning people to death etc.

rhemaplus: Abraham did without anyone telling him, I can choose to do the same as far as I believe it is a way by which I can contribute to the progress of the local church I attend. What should be the big deal in that? Leave people to their consciences and stop puncturing it.

Truth, as Abraham did it WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING HIM. Very Good. Sir, you need to sit down and really digest Hebrews 7. What Abraham did was "spiritualized" with what was commanded to Levi and both nullified. Abraham wasn't justified by paying tithe sir in that he was rich before his act of tithe. These men of God says tithing is what makes you rich and bless. This is heresy!

rhemaplus: If u have knowledge, remember, not everyone does in the same proportion. The church should not threaten with a curse for the defaulters cos Jesus has been made curse for us and Jesus said, look at the birds of the air, they don't sow nor reap and are fed, how much more will he do to us and also pls, stop polluting people's mind not to pay for If they do, it is not a sin and if they do in faith, it would be accorded unto them as righteousness.

Our worship to God should be seasoned with truth. The men of God who teach tithing from people's income are the ones who threatens people with curse and not telling them to obey other laws. What we do as an Apologist is to open the eyes of those who are willing to follow the truth. It is NOT polluting people's mind not to pay, it is opening their eyes to the truth that they are not meant to do such practice in the first place and not to talk of the curse they are being threatened with. My brother, follow Christ and forget this false tithe teaching for its foundation is Greed and the love of money.

1 Like

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 6:42am On Oct 16, 2012
Mintayo:

may God forgive you!
Pls stop this heresy,no body paying tithe is under a curse but those that don't pay!
It is not obeying the law that bring curse but it is BELIEVING that you can be right with God by obeying the law that bring abt curses!
TITHE IS NOT A DEBT YOU OWE BUT A SEED YOU SOW!

Malachi 3:10 is not a law but a direct WORD from the Lord Himself!

Pls stop misleading pple with this your 'curse and law things',it is wrong!

And pls as a christain,why not seek God's face on these instead!

Obviously you also omitted the second part of that scriptures. The second part of that scripture says,

for the Scriptures say, "Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God's Book of the Law." - Galatians 3:10
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 16, 2012
You still missing out something that is vital. In that Gal 3, u will see that the emphasis is not on deeds but on motive. Vs 12: The law is not based on faith; on the contrary ' the man who does this will live by them'. The only people under curse are those who think they can only live by doing (the legalist not those who live by faith). The overall theme of Gal 3 is salvation. How do we receive salvation? Is it by keeping the law or receiving it by Grace cos if u keep the whole law minus one, u are still under curse I.e you can't be saved by it. It is not referring to people who are already saved. No saved person is under any curse. and infact Doing isn't the problem but trying to earn righteousness by doing the works of the Law. No one is justified(declared righteous) before God by the law. You said Abraham wasn't justified by paying tithe; was he condemned by doing so too? Its just like Restitution of Zaccheaus, in as much that we can not make law out of it, but u cannot condemn anyone who chose to restitute out of conviction and faith. Do u seriously believe that God would condemn a man that pays tithe and does it in faith; not because by it, he wants to earn God's favour by just as a worship to him. Do u? What u are doing is taking the truth too far. The only truth I see is that we cannont live(be righteous) by works of the Law, no more, no less. I have heard of a preacher who when he was young believed he had to sell all he has if indeed he must be a disciple(not believer) and he did. Would u condemn him for doing that? When he did it out of faith and conviction? God deals with a man according to the level of knowledge and conscience, u wonder why paul didn't say people should not puncture the conscience of those who believed they must not eat things sacrificed to gods, although, it is not sin if they do but do u know if they ignore their weak consciences and go ahead to eat it, do u know that will be the beginning of the damage of their consciences? Stop imposing your supposed truth on the mind of people. If a man eats and does to the glory of God, let not the man that does not eat castigate him. I may decide to make use of the dietary commandment of God, by so doing, are u implying that by doing it I am sinning or under the curse, when I do it as unto the Lord?. Bro, don't be too hasten to form a doctrine. God does not condemn tithe just as he does not condemn restituition, and so many as far we don't think that by it we will go to heaven. Salvation isn't by work but by grace. What I think you should focus more on is 1. Letting people know that not paying tithe does not bring any malachi curse cos Jesus is already made a curse for us, so they can choose to pay or not 2. How to be led of the Spirit so as to know when he leads you to give and to which course rather than expending ur energy on what I think its not necessary!
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by plappville(f): 9:46am On Oct 16, 2012
NeuroBoss:
Plappville, tout d'abord je suis très content de voir pour la premier fois un Nairalandais qui a comment en

francais.
En ce qui concerne la rubrique-là qui demande si des
pasteur paient leur aumones, je me suis einstreint de ne

plus commenter sur un poste comme ceci ciblé pour
ridiculer le christiannisme et se moqûer des élus de
Dieu. Mon numéro c'est 08178522512. Enchanté!

Enchanté mon frére, merci bien, mais Je crois qu'il ya beaucoup NLDs qui parle d'autres langues autres que l'anglais. En ce qui concerne le sujet, je ne pense pas que c'est une façon de se moquer de notre Dieu ou l'église. Tout le monde cherche la verité.

En fait, je pense que tu ma pris pour un homme grin
Je suis une femme. Tu ma donné ton numero pour quel raison? Merci quand même.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by plappville(f): 10:08am On Oct 16, 2012
emmykul1809: bro could u tel me d name of dis church dat does nt care abt ur tithe n offering.

I didnt say they dont care, what i am saying is that they don't ever mention "pay you tithe" even the offering basket is very small. Sometimes, if you sit at the back, by the time the basket gets to where you are, it will still be empty of you may only see few euro coins grin

Of course, if you drop a tithe in it, they church will not reject it. But know that they dont preach tithe.
The church does not keep record of who or who did not drop offering. The name is Evangelical Baptist Church. I no know weather Nigeria brabches dey take tithe ooo, no misunderstand me ooo grin

I be woman sir, not brooooo grin
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by KossiN: 10:23am On Oct 16, 2012
Am confused about the whole tithe ish..... When God comes again, we all wld know the truth
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by buhak: 10:35am On Oct 16, 2012
Paying of tithe is for everybody that believe the word of God which is bible, whether you are a pastor etc you must pay your tithe.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by truthislight: 10:44am On Oct 16, 2012
Goshen360:

I have always said the truth of God's word in love my brother. The reason I "sometimes" mock people is when they try to prove what they don't know. It is some people that actually mock their selves in their statements. Hence, I show them their lope holes.

Since you KNOW the truth in my teaching, why don't you stand for the truth. The truth has no substitute sir. Every Christian that knows the truth of God's word are called to be an Apologist and our main functions are:

1. Proof the truth
2. Defend the truth
3. Refute those who oppose the truth and
4. Persuade others to come to the truth......because only the truth can set people free while falsehood keeps people bound in shackles and hardship.

My brother, please stand for the truth if you KNOW it.....like you said. On the contrary, to teach people the truth of tithe is what is borne out of love. Are you saying those who teach false teaching of monetary tithing are those teaching it out of love They have subtly manufactured monetary tithing which is not the original and biblical tithing as you said. Even the biblical tithing as we know is gone! Only giving is taught to the NT church and therein is the truth.

You deliberately left out the second part of the scripture I quoted and only took unto the first part. If you are referring to the first part of that scripture, how about the second part for the word of God is a two-edged sword. The second part says,

"for the Scriptures say, "Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God's Book of the Law." Galatians 3:10.

I just said what the word of God said. This is the issue with the law - when the whole (ALL) is NOT observed or obeyed, the scripture places such under a curse. It is NOT the curse of Malachi 3:9-10 that put a Christian under curse for it wasn't written to a Christian in the first place BUT the curse of picking "some" aspects of the law to obey and the ones not to obey. It doesn't work that way.

What you have said here is half truth. To add to it, Christians (Gentiles believers) are NEVER under the law in the first place. It was the Jews and the bible makes it very clear. Even at that, the law was to train the minds of the Jews in obedience and to bring them to Christ. Since christ already came, the law had finished its course and ended. Why tell Christians to keep the law they were NOT given to them. The ONLY laws given to Christian is the law of Christ and it is called the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. Take a look at this,

(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.
Romans 2:14

To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.

When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewish law, I too live apart from that law so I can bring them to Christ. But I do not ignore the law of God; I obey the law of Christ. - I Corinthians 9:21

So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law. Galatians 3:24-25

Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God. - Romans 10:4

It is the false tithe teachers that teach that people are cursed when they don't tithe. The truth you still need to understand is NOT whether it is compulsory or not, it is that it was NEVER commanded to Christians. Even the crops and animals tithe that was commanded to the Jews had ended and nullified as recorded in Hebrews 7. If you still believe it should be paid, then you are contradicting scriptures and should also teach people to obey other laws as commanded, NOT just tithing but also, animal sacrifice, stoning people to death etc.

Truth, as Abraham did it WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING HIM. Very Good. Sir, you need to sit down and really digest Hebrews 7. What Abraham did was "spiritualized" with what was commanded to Levi and both nullified. Abraham wasn't justified by paying tithe sir in that he was rich before his act of tithe. These men of God says tithing is what makes you rich and bless. This is heresy!

who threatens people with curse and not telling them to obey other laws. What we do as an Apologist is to open the eyes of those who are willing to follow the truth. It is NOT polluting people's mind not to pay, it is opening their eyes to the truth that they are not meant to do such practice in the first place and not to talk of the curse they are being threatened with. My brother, follow Christ and forget this false tithe teaching for its foundation is Greed and the love of money.

love you bro.

The Truth is bitter to thieves.

1 Like

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by truthislight: 11:02am On Oct 16, 2012
rhemaplus: You still missing out something that is vital. In that Gal 3, u will see that the emphasis is not on deeds but on motive. Vs 12: The law is not based on faith; on the contrary ' the man who does this will live by them'. The only people under curse are those who think they can only live by doing (the legalist not those who live by faith). The overall theme of Gal 3 is salvation. How do we receive salvation? Is it by keeping the law or receiving it by Grace cos if u keep the whole law minus one, u are still under curse I.e you can't be saved by it. It is not referring to people who are already saved. No saved person is under any curse. and infact Doing isn't the problem but trying to earn righteousness by doing the works of the Law. No one is justified(declared righteous) before God by the law. You said Abraham wasn't justified by paying tithe; was he condemned by doing so too? Its just like Restitution of Zaccheaus, in as much that we can not make law out of it, but u cannot condemn anyone who chose to restitute out of conviction and faith. Do u seriously believe that God would condemn a man that pays tithe and does it in faith; not because by it, he wants to earn God's favour by just as a worship to him. Do u? What u are doing is taking the truth too far. The only truth I see is that we cannont live(be righteous) by works of the Law, no more, no less. I have heard of a preacher who when he was young believed he had to sell all he has if indeed he must be a disciple(not believer) and he did. Would u condemn him for doing that? When he did it out of faith and conviction? God deals with a man according to the level of knowledge and conscience, u wonder why paul didn't say people should not puncture the conscience of those who believed they must not eat things sacrificed to gods, although, it is not sin if they do but do u know if they ignore their weak consciences and go ahead to eat it, do u know that will be the beginning of the damage of their consciences? Stop imposing your supposed truth on the mind of people. If a man eats and does to the glory of God, let not the man that does not eat castigate him. I may decide to make use of the dietary commandment of God, by so doing, are u implying that by doing it I am sinning or under the curse, when I do it as unto the Lord?. Bro, don't be too hasten to form a doctrine. God does not condemn tithe just as he does not condemn restituition, and so many as far we don't think that by it we will go to heaven. Salvation isn't by work but by grace. What I think you should focus more on is 1. Letting people know that not paying tithe does not bring any malachi curse cos Jesus is already made a curse for us, so they can choose to pay or not 2. How to be led of the Spirit so as to know when he leads you to give and to which course rather than expending ur energy on what I think its not necessary!

how many scriptures did you quote there ^^^ none!

Because you are not saying from the scriptures and as such you are not saying the truth.

Why is the scriptures not your strength?

You twist scriptures :
rhemaplus:
It is not referring to people who are already saved. No saved person is under any curse.

what infact are you trying to say here that is biblical?

If they were not saved by the law why are they going back to the burden of the law?

Do you today burn a complete bull to ashes as sin sacrifice?

Can you do it?

If you cant why go back and pick one(tith) if not for your greed and for extortion?

What load did you think that christ observed in the temple and said that people should come to him that his load is light?

Start having the fear of God and stop the fraud.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Zikkyy(m): 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
rhemaplus:
What I think you should focus more on is 1. Letting people know that not paying tithe does not bring any malachi curse cos Jesus is already made a curse for us, so they can choose to pay or not

Maybe Goshen is already doing this but you don't see it. You should direct your advice at the tithe preachers teaching tithing as a commandment with a curse for non compliance.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
rhemaplus: You still missing out something that is vital. In that Gal 3, u will see that the emphasis is not on deeds but on motive. Vs 12: The law is not based on faith; on the contrary ' the man who does this will live by them'. The only people under curse are those who think they can only live by doing (the legalist not those who live by faith). The overall theme of Gal 3 is salvation. How do we receive salvation? Is it by keeping the law or receiving it by Grace cos if u keep the whole law minus one, u are still under curse I.e you can't be saved by it. It is not referring to people who are already saved. No saved person is under any curse. and infact Doing isn't the problem but trying to earn righteousness by doing the works of the Law. No one is justified(declared righteous) before God by the law. You said Abraham wasn't justified by paying tithe; was he condemned by doing so too? Its just like Restitution of Zaccheaus, in as much that we can not make law out of it, but u cannot condemn anyone who chose to restitute out of conviction and faith. Do u seriously believe that God would condemn a man that pays tithe and does it in faith; not because by it, he wants to earn God's favour by just as a worship to him. Do u? What u are doing is taking the truth too far. The only truth I see is that we cannont live(be righteous) by works of the Law, no more, no less. I have heard of a preacher who when he was young believed he had to sell all he has if indeed he must be a disciple(not believer) and he did. Would u condemn him for doing that? When he did it out of faith and conviction? God deals with a man according to the level of knowledge and conscience, u wonder why paul didn't say people should not puncture the conscience of those who believed they must not eat things sacrificed to gods, although, it is not sin if they do but do u know if they ignore their weak consciences and go ahead to eat it, do u know that will be the beginning of the damage of their consciences? Stop imposing your supposed truth on the mind of people. If a man eats and does to the glory of God, let not the man that does not eat castigate him. I may decide to make use of the dietary commandment of God, by so doing, are u implying that by doing it I am sinning or under the curse, when I do it as unto the Lord?. Bro, don't be too hasten to form a doctrine. God does not condemn tithe just as he does not condemn restituition, and so many as far we don't think that by it we will go to heaven. Salvation isn't by work but by grace. What I think you should focus more on is 1. Letting people know that not paying tithe does not bring any malachi curse cos Jesus is already made a curse for us, so they can choose to pay or not 2. How to be led of the Spirit so as to know when he leads you to give and to which course rather than expending ur energy on what I think its not necessary!

My brother, it's no beef at all. I have shown you many truth from scriptures and you have also shown me many truth. I do no intend to continue this back and forth. On the contrary about your notion about me - imposing my knowledge on other. I have been accused of this many times especially when the truth hit some folks. I have NOT commanded people NOT to pay tithe BUT I laid down the proof and evidence that it was never meant for Christians in the first place. Even the biblical tithe (crops and animals) and those it was originally/only meant for HAS ENDED not to mention the monetary greedy tithing. This is what I will continue preaching until the truth hit the whole body of Christ. If you like accuse me of imposing my teachings on people. What about those who subtly threaten with curse and demand monetary tithe from Christians? Are they not the real ones imposing their teachings on others In all said,

"Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes". - Romans 10:4

All over the scriptures, it is written those who are telling Christians to obey the law (which was NOT written/given to Christians in the first place and even to the Jews, the law had ended) are killing the Grace of God that was given through Christ.

1 Like

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by damilarelr(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2012
@Goshen360, did Abraham live under the LAW or GRACE?
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 6:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
damilarelr: @Goshen360, did Abraham live under the LAW or GRACE?

He lived before the law....... cool
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by damilarelr(m): 7:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
Goshen360:

He lived before the law....... cool

That means Abraham wasn't practising the LAW when he paid tithe to Melchizedek, am I right?
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
damilarelr:

That means Abraham wasn't practising the LAW when he paid tithe to Melchizedek, am I right?

As if I know exactly what is buried inside your question....Yes, you are right BUT the answer to that is also buried in Hebrews 7 because it taught tithing BEFORE the law AND tithing "according to the law".....am I right about that ....... cool
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by swtchicgurl: 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
Goshen360, i'm surprised you avoided my previous post and still continued your erring analyses. anyways, God help you.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Goshen360(m): 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
swtchicgurl: Goshen360, i'm surprised you avoided my previous post and still continued your erring analyses. anyways, God help you.

What post did I avoid? Kindly re-post by quoting it and let me address it ma. I'm sorry if it's an over sight. I might not have intentionally avoid it. Kindly re-post it and let me address it. Thank you ma.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by larrymoore(m): 8:13pm On Oct 16, 2012
Logicboy03:

See this thief. You must be making some income from the tithes of sheep in some church.

How does god get the tithes? Does god evenneed the money in the first place. Why not give the money to the poor and needy?

Tithing to private jet pastors is foolish. Pastors dont tithe.
i correct boy . Bt which side u dey?
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by larrymoore(m): 9:22pm On Oct 16, 2012
Why d private jet, expensive schools, mansion? Why cant our pastors live an examplinary life of jesus christ? Who lived a life of immaterial. Jesus gave service frm place 2 place on foot, he has only a jug, to drink n a comb to brush his beard. One day, he was passing by n saw a poor man drinking wit his bare hands from a stream. Jesus decide to throw away his jug so dat he culd be equl to d poor man. Hence, he meet anothr man who cannot afford a comb, brushin his beard wit his bare fingers. He threw away his comb so dt he can live d same life. Believe it or nt! Material life in d way of devil. I am nt of d opinion dt u shuld live in ajegunle if u can avoid a house in lekki, bt evertin wit moderation, give 2 d poor let d wealth goes round, d same God creates both d noble n d commoner bt He prefers u as a noble..
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by taniboo: 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2012
My pastor pays his tithe. I see him dropping it in the Tithe Box.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
taniboo: My pastor pays his tithe. I see him dropping it in the Tithe Box.

Only to take it out after the service behind the curtains

1 Like

Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by ijawkid(m): 11:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lmao......
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by Femmymata2(m): 11:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
Logicboy03:

Meaning the pastor is paying tithe to himself. I hope all those going to heaven/hell on vacation would ask God about divisive questions like tithe,trinity,true religion,aids cure,bokoharam solution e.t.c instead of looking 4 mini-skirt wearing hell occupant
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by truthislight: 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2012
damilarelr: @Goshen360, did Abraham live under the LAW or GRACE?
Abraham is the head of the old covanant that has pass away.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by truthislight: 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
damilarelr:

the law was part of the covanant that he was the head, so all he did and the law were a shadow of the reality.

So, when reality comes(new covanant) all things that were a shadow all passed away.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by damilarelr(m): 2:42pm On Oct 17, 2012
Goshen360:

As if I know exactly what is buried inside your question....Yes, you are right BUT the answer to that is also buried in Hebrews 7 because it taught tithing BEFORE the law AND tithing "according to the law".....am I right about that ....... cool

I have gone thru Heb 7 again and again but I tell you, tithing before the law was not blotted out in any of the verses. Maybe you should read the chapter again without a tithe-abolishing sentiment.

@topic, if the church is a tithe-paying church, the pastor is also commanded to pay his tithe (Num.18:25-26). The tithe is a form of seed you sow (not out of pity like charity-giving), it must be sown into the ground where you derive spiritual nourishment (most times the local church) so that you can secure an harvest over your work or ministry.

The issue with most christians is that after planting the seed, they become idle and await automatic harvest. If you don't know how to receive from God, all your sowing will not bring any yield.

You may give 3or4/10 to charity, but your tithe which is just 1/10 comes first and it's vital to enjoy kingdom blessing.

Mind you, you must pay tithe: if you don't pay it to God you pay it to Satan!
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by damilarelr(m): 3:05pm On Oct 17, 2012
truthislight:
the law was part of the covanant that he was the head, so all he did and the law were a shadow of the reality.

So, when reality comes(new covanant) all things that were a shadow all passed away.

You painted it look as if we pay tithe and offering to help God! No, God doesn't need your help, we're the one who needs His. One of the benefits of the tithe we pay is to serve as a cover or insurance over the remaining 9/10.

You can tell between a tithe-paying church and a tithe-non-paying church.. If you give your money to only offering, what makes you different from an unbeliever?
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by truthislight: 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2012
damilarelr:

I have gone thru Heb 7 again and again but I tell you, tithing before the law was not blotted out in any of the verses. Maybe you should read the chapter again without a tithe-abolishing sentiment.

@topic, if the church is a tithe-paying church, the pastor is also commanded to pay his tithe (Num.18:25-26). The tithe is a form of seed you sow (not out of pity like charity-giving), it must be sown into the ground where you derive spiritual nourishment (most times the local church) so that you can secure an harvest over your work or ministry.

The issue with most christians is that after planting the seed, they become idle and await automatic harvest. If you don't know how to receive from God, all your sowing will not bring any yield.

You may give 3or4/10 to charity, but your tithe which is just 1/10 comes first and it's vital to enjoy kingdom blessing.

Mind you, you must pay tithe: if you don't pay it to God you pay it to Satan!

liar!

Your greed has blinded you that is why you are here thraitining people.

I for one dont pay tith and i dont pay nothing to satan.
Theif! You think that God is as greedy like you?

Tith is not for christians and you have not shown one scripture that command that christians should pay ti and you start thraitining people wil fear, why not carry a gun and collect their money that will be easier for you than to use the bible to lie and curse people.

go and get hand work man.

See this crook!
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by truthislight: 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2012
damilarelr:

You painted it look as if we pay tithe and offering to help God! No, God doesn't need your help, we're the one who needs His. One of the benefits of the tithe we pay is to serve as a cover or insurance over the remaining 9/10.

You can tell between a tithe-paying church and a tithe-non-paying church.. If you give your money to only offering, what makes you different from an unbeliever?

when did riches becomes the "mark of true" christians?

Why the emphasis in money and not righteousness?

Tith is not for christians.

When your "eyes" are simple, then you will read that Hebrew 7 and understand.

Get a job and leave people to serve God without the load you give to them.

Jesus said: "my load is light"

allow people to carry the light load of Jesus christ.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by damilarelr(m): 10:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
@truthislight, I didn't for once enjoined you in a confabulation. Must you hurl insults and abusive words to drive home your points?

Anyways, no one is compelling you, afterall man is a creature of choice..so live your life the way it pleases you and leave others alone.
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by truthislight: 12:05am On Oct 18, 2012
damilarelr: @truthislight, I didn't for once enjoined you in a confabulation. Must you hurl insults and abusive words to drive home your points?

Anyways, no one is compelling you, afterall man is a creature of choice..so live your life the way it pleases you and leave others alone.

do you think that this people defrauding people in the name of religion are doing it ignorantly?

Whichever, if you have been defrauded all along you will know how painful it is.

Using the bible to defraud people knowingly or unknowing, what do you think it is?

If one does not know what the bible says what then is the person doing with teaching the bible as a MOG?

The first qualification for a pastor is "qualify to teach"

and "handling the word of truth aright"

That greed has push all sort of people to pastoral work, what then does that make them?
Re: Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? by truthislight: 12:10am On Oct 18, 2012
damilarelr: @truthislight, I didn't for once enjoined you in a confabulation. Must you hurl insults and abusive words to drive home your points?

it is not what pleases you that you should do, but rather what the bible commanded.

do you think that this people defrauding people in the name of religion are doing it ignorantly?

Whichever, if you have been defrauded all along you will know how painful it is.

Using the bible to defraud people knowingly or unknowing, what do you think it is?

If one does not know what the bible says what then is the person doing with teaching the bible as a MOG?

The first qualification for a pastor is "qualify to teach"

and "handling the word of truth aright"

That greed has push all sort of people to pastoral work, what then does that make them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Muskeeto, Ihedinobi, Lb...lets Talk Here :-) / Why Does The Bible 'God' Love The Smell Of Burning Flesh? / If You Are So Familiar With The Bible Rearrange These Popular Name.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.