Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,439 members, 7,843,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Obama Would Fair Better As Vice President? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Would Fair Better As Vice President? (1774 Views)

Poll: Obama is best suited as the Vice President of the United States

True: 66% (2 votes)
False: 33% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Prophecy Was Made That I Will Be Vice President – Osinbajo / Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) / Occupy Nigeria Gets Better As Pengassan Officially Joins: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Would Fair Better As Vice President? by McKren(m): 12:17am On Jan 22, 2008
Just have 2 points to make

1. Nobody runs for Vice President [s]though looks like John Edwards is positioning himself as Obama's vice[/s], but legally nobody does

2. Nobody is experienced to be President except they had been President before.
Re: Obama Would Fair Better As Vice President? by SegunTX(m): 12:23am On Jan 22, 2008
@ McKren,

Absolutely right. You made wonderful points.
McKren:

Just have 2 points to make

1. Nobody runs for Vice President [s]though looks like John Edwards is positioning himself as Obama's vice[/s], but legally nobody does

2. Nobody is experienced to be President except they had been President before.

But then there are some things that are best taught over time. Hillary has spent much more time in politics and government than has Obama. That really may not mean much, but then it is something worth noting.
Re: Obama Would Fair Better As Vice President? by McKren(m): 12:34am On Jan 22, 2008
Well Obama will not accept that advise from you because his campaign is based on the politics of hope and rejecting the politics of fear. He believes he can not win if he is afraid of loosing it.

But most importantly, if he starts thinking of being VP, he may not even get it because it is not entirely up to him to decide who becomes VP.
Re: Obama Would Fair Better As Vice President? by SegunTX(m): 12:42am On Jan 22, 2008
@MCKren,

Like I said, I am an Obama supporter. Does it make sense for him to get to the pinnacle of it all and then loose out.

This is my take:
- If Obama is nominated, Edwards would probably become his Vice, and guess what they would loose. (Hillary has too much ego to settle for Vice).
- If Hillary is nominated, and someone else other than Obama is her vice, she would loose the election to the republicans (particularly McCain) because she doesn't appeal to the Independents and to the Youths who would most likely determine the outcome of the election.
- The only formidable combination is Hillary for President, Obama for Vice. That combination would defeat any republican representative. This would give Obama the much needed publicity to the whole world of what he can do, and prepare him for the next election.
Re: Obama Would Fair Better As Vice President? by 9jaEzim: 1:09am On Jan 22, 2008
Mckren and others it is great to be American supporters but unless you have the rights to vote in the USA it is no benefit to the obama team.

Yes i am a supporter of the changes that have being clearly exposed in the US presidential election because it clearly demonstrates that the Us equality gap is even more narrow and a significant monopoly influence to the rest of the world beyond Africa and America.

this debate is pointless unless we discuss the advancements of the fantastic results in the US and what this is saying about the Americans and what it would say about the rest of the world tomorrow.

we should be thinking about the implications this will have towards our treatment of race equality as both Africans and Caribbean, talking about the presidential election is only news of today but old news tomorrow, what will be in effect is what it means for the future of our race.

We cling to much of influential figures such as obama and martin luther king yet carry on the continuous voice for change, majority of the bridging the gap has being that of the white race.

i am not saying that we don't help ourselves to an extend but rather that we hide in the shadows of such figures still the next influential figures motivates us again.

regardless of anything progress is a continuous struggle as a race is that we as a community not of that of individuals

this would be a more interesting topic if title 'Does obama's success in significant voting results mark a new error of progress for equality'
Re: Obama Would Fair Better As Vice President? by woleisrael(m): 7:51am On Jan 22, 2008
I strongly disagree with you. based on this reason
OBAMA has we've seen in the couple of months has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he will be better off Hillary or Edwards.
i think what we need now is change, and when we talking about change it does not mean bringing back the old politicians.
equally, i think America is ready for a black president,
SUGGESTION , I THINK HILLARY WOULD BE BETTER AS VICE PRESIDENT !!!
WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT THAT
Re: Obama Would Fair Better As Vice President? by SegunTX(m): 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2008
@WoleIsrael,

I feel your passion about all this change issue, but your question
woleisrael:

SUGGESTION , I THINK HILLARY WOULD BE BETTER AS VICE PRESIDENT !!!
WHAT DO You THINK ABOUT THAT
And do you think her ego or her husband's ego would allow that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nysc Director General Ransom Set At 200million / Biafra Issue / Student Makes $300k From Dead Osama T-shirts And Returns It All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.