Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,067 members, 7,845,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle (17160 Views)

Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 / One Of The ALUU 4 Killers Caught. / UNIPORT Students And ALUU Villagers Fighting In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by 222Martins(m): 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2012
@Op, when you are through with your baseless rantings, please let us know. Life Goes on

4 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by mikron(m): 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2012
Callotti:

NIGERIANS ARE THE MOST WRETCHEDLY WICKED PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE WORLD
NA U DEY WRETCHED AND WICKED

6 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by irecruit(m): 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]IF THIS GUYS WHERE GOD, MAYBE NOBODY WOULD HAVE REMAINED IN THIS WORLD[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2012
shymexx:

Bwahahahaha @ the bolded... cheesy

People can't sleep because it was the first time it happened in Nigeria, no?? grin

Stop living in denial, Nigerians just love the herd mentality - most don't really care...
My point exactly.
These protests on Nairaland and all over the country on this issue happened because it got massive airplay nothing more.
What is the difference between those boys and the 20+ shot in Mubi? What is the difference between them and those that get lynched everyday all across the country?
Since the MUBI incident, how many threads have been put up asking for the reasons behind the shootings and seeking justice??
Hypocrites.
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Decryptor(m): 3:29pm On Oct 17, 2012
@OP, In all ur learning...u learnt NOTHING! This your percieved "LEARNING" is from a stereotyped point of view! Pleas leave others to their opinions cos we have different values and ethics! Kapish!!

2 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by muktarmtt(m): 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
Abby Bahago wrote this:; "I have been thinking about those Christian Terrorists who hacked those four UniPort students to death and all I can think of is 'is this what dey r taught every other sunday? If u r a Christian reading this I know u will b angry and say 'this is nonsense!. Really? Is it really nonsense? Those Aluu Youths killed those boys in cold blood, and since d news has been making waves I haven't heard anyone say O dey r christianist! But after d Mubi killings d tabloids kept on saying 'Islamists' dey r boko haram members. I don't care if dey r boko haram members, but I care a lot if u call dem Islamists. Because some wicked people go on rampage killing others doesn't mean their religion asked dem to. If u wouldn't call those Aluu youths Christianists or attribute their gruesome act to christianity then please don't judge Islam by d activities of some mad people desperate for power and control. If u really believe those Aluu youths did what dey did because, as individuals their hearts r wicked, then u also have to believe dat individually d heart of d boko haram members r wicked. Islam doesn't preach terrorism, No it doesn't. The Prophet of Islam had Jewish neighbours dat he would visit when ever dey fell sick and even his uncle who contributed so much to d course of Islam was neva a muslim. Islam teaches good neighbourliness and d Prophet(Peace b upon Him) is reported to have said 'he is not a muslim he whom his neighbour is not free from his wickedness(tongue) 'he is not a muslim he who does not love for his neighbour what he loves for himself 'he is not a muslim he who's neighbour goes to bed hungry while he's got plenty'. Please study Islam and not d attitude of some crazy people who happen to be muslims. Thanks.please broadcast so as to tell d world that islam is peace..." If you agree with this share.

2 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by davroca16(m): 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2012
Purist:

You know they have been crying and unable to sleep because they claimed so on Nairaland?

Also, there's something called 'context'. You should read up on it.
I was so down and helpless and almost turned psyco when I watched that video I hardly slept and I was boiling with anger..

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by aktolly54(m): 3:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
I also learnt that what I can't dash out,I can't lend it to people.if the uniport student had forget about the damn cash alu indigene owe him and move on with his life,such thing might not have happened to them.people learnt it too.
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
Wat av learnt is to avoid night activities because anytin can happen
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by emilyone(f): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2012
never give out whatever you cant forgo, cus you may lose your life in the process of you trying to claim your right.
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by rman: 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2012
@OP, wait for the insults to come later.

A few of us on this forum understand your points.

2 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by JoyfulSoul: 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2012
I do agree with the OP, especially on point 5. Shame we go about masquerading as Christians yet we neglect the teachings of Jesus or pick and choose what suits us from the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by damas11111(m): 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2012
davroca16: I was so down and helpless and almost turned psyco when I watched that video I hardly slept and I was boiling with anger..

I've refused to watch the video even with many opportunities to do so. I simply can't bear watching such videos having got the gist of how they were brutally murdered.

@OP, I salute your write-up. Unfortunately many Nigerians are used to this type of barbaric acts. It's been there for many years! The only and main difference now is the widespread coverage as a result of social media and technological advancement which now make it easier for news/acts like this to spread very quickly.

I wish those boys get real justice. They deserve it indeed.

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Welder(m): 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2012
@OP,

Whats your point exactly?

You just realised that people cant think straight when emotions are running high OR Most Nigerians (i did rather say Most Humans) are wild animals in human skin OR people are just hypocrites since they dont really care about the ALUU4 perse OR Critical thinking is not our forte (as if people wont just talk for talking sake) AND Lastly Nigerians are hypocrites who practise their religions selectively??

Hhhmmm, i ask again whats your point in all this. . . you just knew this facts about Nigerians or the Human race. Take a hike jor, make i see road. 5 Things i learnt from the Aluu (abomination) debacle my foot! What an empty write-up, complete waste of one's quality time.

What a progressive mind should even focus on in this episode should be....Parents teach your children to sieve the kind of associations they get into. Stay focussed and disciplined in your studies etc

4 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by SisiKill1: 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2012
What have I learnt from the ALUU Debacle? I have learnt that if we don't see the minute by minute, second by second killing of another person, we really don't care.

This explains why no one is really hot under the collar for the Boko Victims. Hellooooo, how can we scream for justice for them when we weren't given the chance to see their intestines explode right out of their bodies or their heads blown clean off of their shoulders??!! Duh!!!

Yep, if you want people to have "sleepless nights" over, be "appalled" by, "wring their hands" in concern at. . . the injustice meted on you, you'd better have someone film it and the more gruesome it is, well. . .the better for you.

THIS is what I learnt from the ALUU debacle.

8 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by chosen04(f): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2012
Callotti:

Don't keep late nights
Don't keep late nights
Don't keep late nights
Don't keep late nights
Don't keep late nights

Most jungle rats can only operate in groups and at night. . . . . Where evil lurks at night. . . .STAY AWAY!!!!
The black skin is synonymous with EVIL. kiss

I respect you alot, but kindly dont insult the spirt of the "MUBI 50" with his your above point. I can hear the silent voices of those innocent "MUBI 50" asking you if they too kept late nights.
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by seyibrown(f): 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2012
Callotti:

Absolutely incorrect!

Sisi_Kill: What have I learnt from the ALUU Debacle? I have learnt that if we don't see the minute by minute, second by second killing of another person, we really don't care.

This explains why no one is really hot under the collar for the Boko Victims. Hellooooo, how can we scream for justice for them when we weren't given the chance to see their intestines explode right out of their body or their heads blown clean off of their shoulders??!! Duh!!!

Yep, if you want people to have "sleepless nights" over, be "appalled" by, "wring their hands" in concern at. . . the injustice meted on you, you'd better have someone film it and the more gruesome it is, well. . .the better for you.

I agree! Majority sleep easy because the full reality of what could happen to them, their relative does not confront them! What have the women in government today done about security officials ra/pin/g women in custody? What has our government done about extra-judicial killings by our security outfits?

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by pak: 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2012
Sisi_Kill: What have I learnt from the ALUU Debacle? I have learnt that if we don't see the minute by minute, second by second killing of another person, we really don't care.

This explains why no one is really hot under the collar for the Boko Victims. Hellooooo, how can we scream for justice for them when we weren't given the chance to see their intestines explode right out of their bodies or their heads blown clean off of their shoulders??!! Duh!!!

Sisi Kill,
am giving you a standing ovation for this.

The ALUU debacle has shown more of what is wrong with US than what is wrong with ALUU community.

4 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
muktar mtt: Abby Bahago wrote this:; "I have been thinking about those Christian Terrorists who hacked those four UniPort students to death and all I can think of is 'is this what dey r taught every other sunday? If u r a Christian reading this I know u will b angry and say 'this is nonsense!. Really? Is it really nonsense? Those Aluu Youths killed those boys in cold blood, and since d news has been making waves I haven't heard anyone say O dey r christianist! But after d Mubi killings d tabloids kept on saying 'Islamists' dey r boko haram members. I don't care if dey r boko haram members, but I care a lot if u call dem Islamists. Because some wicked people go on rampage killing others doesn't mean their religion asked dem to. If u wouldn't call those Aluu youths Christianists or attribute their gruesome act to christianity then please don't judge Islam by d activities of some mad people desperate for power and control. If u really believe those Aluu youths did what dey did because, as individuals their hearts r wicked, then u also have to believe dat individually d heart of d boko haram members r wicked. Islam doesn't preach terrorism, No it doesn't. The Prophet of Islam had Jewish neighbours dat he would visit when ever dey fell sick and even his uncle who contributed so much to d course of Islam was neva a muslim. Islam teaches good neighbourliness and d Prophet(Peace b upon Him) is reported to have said 'he is not a muslim he whom his neighbour is not free from his wickedness(tongue) 'he is not a muslim he who does not love for his neighbour what he loves for himself 'he is not a muslim he who's neighbour goes to bed hungry while he's got plenty'. Please study Islam and not d attitude of some crazy people who happen to be muslims. Thanks.please broadcast so as to tell d world that islam is peace..." If you agree with this share.
it will be interesting to know that the chief of the community was not just a Moslem, but an alhaji.... go check and get your facts right.

3 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
muktar mtt: Abby Bahago wrote this:; "I have been thinking about those Christian Terrorists who hacked those four UniPort students to death and all I can think of is 'is this what dey r taught every other sunday? If u r a Christian reading this I know u will b angry and say 'this is nonsense!. Really? Is it really nonsense? Those Aluu Youths killed those boys in cold blood, and since d news has been making waves I haven't heard anyone say O dey r christianist! But after d Mubi killings d tabloids kept on saying 'Islamists' dey r boko haram members. I don't care if dey r boko haram members, but I care a lot if u call dem Islamists. Because some wicked people go on rampage killing others doesn't mean their religion asked dem to. If u wouldn't call those Aluu youths Christianists or attribute their gruesome act to christianity then please don't judge Islam by d activities of some mad people desperate for power and control. If u really believe those Aluu youths did what dey did because, as individuals their hearts r wicked, then u also have to believe dat individually d heart of d boko haram members r wicked. Islam doesn't preach terrorism, No it doesn't. The Prophet of Islam had Jewish neighbours dat he would visit when ever dey fell sick and even his uncle who contributed so much to d course of Islam was neva a muslim. Islam teaches good neighbourliness and d Prophet(Peace b upon Him) is reported to have said 'he is not a muslim he whom his neighbour is not free from his wickedness(tongue) 'he is not a muslim he who does not love for his neighbour what he loves for himself 'he is not a muslim he who's neighbour goes to bed hungry while he's got plenty'. Please study Islam and not d attitude of some crazy people who happen to be muslims. Thanks.please broadcast so as to tell d world that islam is peace..." If you agree with this share.
it will be interesting to know that the chief of the community was not just a Moslem, but an alhaji, and he was reported to have okayed the killings .. go check and get your facts right.

3 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Mujitapha(m): 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2012
@op i agree wit u,most people on nairaland just like commenting just to show up or just as a fiction.how many of them fit talk what they are writing in public?

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by damas11111(m): 5:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
konfessor:
it will be interesting to know that the chief of the community was not just a Moslem, but an alhaji, and he was reported to have okayed the killings .. go check and get your facts right.

And the people who carried out the gruesome murder? Muslims too? Please use your brain for once! It's an advice.

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by kawkab: 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2012
proO1: Funny how you skipped the MOST important lesson. When your parents labour hand to send you to school, the least you can do is face your studies peacefully and ensure you graduate in one piece with decent grades. Simple. Do NOT go to school to join cults or prance around 'forming' hard man' all over the place. Chances are that you might get unlucky and meet your waterloo. Frankly I wouldn't waste my sympathy for any fool that puts himself in such a situation, irrespective of whatever cruel fate befalls him.

There is no need to engage in questionable ventures such as going about during ungodly hours to extort people or bully them for whatever reason. Whether we like it or not, there is a whole lot of trounle out there in the world, but it is much easier to avoid them when you keep your hands clean. That is the most important lesson sensible people would learn from this unfortunate saga.

Every youth should adhere to the above and he/she would live long.

Mind the kinds of friends you keep. If one of the 4 students have enough common sense to know that you dont go for a debt drive in the night, they would be alife by now.
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by kawkab: 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2012

The difference is that the Aluu youths did not claim they were fighting for God or Christ or claimed that they were directed to carry out their action because they were obeying a biblical injunction or advancing the cause of Christianity.

the issue with islamist is that they claim to be acting for Allah. Another point to consider is the prevalence rate. How often do you hear of this kind of act being perpetrated by Christians. Yet virtually every (almost) state in Northern Nigeria have experienced one form of religious influenced crisis or the other that have led to the death of hundreds of Nigerians.

I wish to also remind you of the fact that Christian condemned the actions of the Aluu youths in no small measures unlike the case of islamist where the friends would want to make up excuses for their actions.

Finally you may also heard or read that the Chief of Aluu is a moslem and he infact presided over their judgement and sentencing.

3 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Kagawa: 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2012
Dear Purist, You have my utmost respect. #Word

proO1, nice one there.

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2012
ONE THING IVE LEARNT FROM THIS IS THE ALUU PEOPLE SURE KNOW HOW 2 GET A BARBECUE GOING.

SERIOUSLY OP U GOT IT RIGHT THERE. NOW PREPARE 4 THE SH!+ STORM THATS SURE 2 FOLLOW FROM MYOPIC NIGERIANS
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by JayCee2010: 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
@ OP.
Mr purist; I honestly thank God that there are still people like you, out there who can reason objectively and with common sense and logic.
I summoned courage to watch that horrific video on you tube and my spirit broke.

I tried to imagine what those young boys would have been thinking, as they were beaten and then set ablaze. The fear of impending death, the excruciting pain they endured, the fact that they had actually committed no crime. That horrified me the most.

We can blame Aluu all we want and arrest everyone up to the suckling infant, but the fact remains that when peole have no faith in police or other government institutions such mishaps are bound to happen, anywhere

Many nigerians would have endorsed this act, as barbaric as it was, if the boys were infact criminals as alleged initially.

Our society is broken. Human life has no value. We live for ourselves alone-every man for himself, and as you rightly said- people wouldn't give a damn if it's not their 'person'.

In a month or so, no one would remember the incident, until it happens again, somewhere else.

I'm praying that nigerians have a change of heart- too much bitterness and resentment in this country caused by decades of bad leadership.

May we never hear of such evil again.

2 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Sammiel: 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2012
The thread owner just succeeded in confusing most people here with his grammatical prowess and along the line missed the most important lesson!

3 Likes

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
Sometimes when una dey talk sef I dey wonder whether no be this same Umuokiri Aluu I stay during my final year...From Pritaso to Mgbodo(last village in Aluu) down, I flex the area wella...

Abi na that bush bar? Where I no enter? Even Umuoko sef, Umuchiolu, I waka...

I don talk am b4 and I go still talk am again...Na Vikings Confraternity boys dey worry Aluu indegenes....

Community just needed a scapegoat...

Afterall when I dey school, I no join cult, I no kill, I no loot...no be me dey here?

Advise ur siblings to avoid bad company...

Na dat same Uniport we dey Isioma and Okadigbo lost there lives...I don talk my own...

When gbege set, ur brotherhood no go come save you from the banta!!
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by webizone(m): 7:00pm On Oct 17, 2012
eGuerrilla: @Purist,

All five points you raised clearly capture the peculiar human condition we have been reduced to.
The man truly died...

See it's either violence or lots of s e x!
Satan guided man to lose the spirit GOD gave him, which is life. Now man fights for survival like animals. Even satanic agents are passing gay and bestial laws while practicising oral s e x (whadda hell is that for?)

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by webizone(m): 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2012
eGuerrilla: @Purist,

All five points you raised clearly capture the peculiar human condition we have been reduced to.
The man truly died...
Re: Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle by dollypi(m): 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2012

The truth is not that we don't care. It is that we are so numbed from all the bad news that it requires an extra something to make people react. How many bomb explosions have we read about in the last 2weeks? How many people bother anymore to click on news links on the front page about explosions in the North?

We have become numb from too much exposure to violence, we have found a coping mechanism which has reduced violent death to "just another news item".

Rude awakenings like the ABSU rap.e video, and the ALUU4 Killing video put a human face to crime, and force us to empatize, hence the uproar. All the other reports are just numbers to the masses; 30 people blown to pieces here, 500 people hacked into bits there.

Without the video how many of us could have imagined the agony the boys went through? Or you think if there was a video with clearly visible faces of the murderers of the 30 students, the whole world wouldn't be talking about it right now?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accused Person Feigns Insanity, Urinates Inside Courtroom / How I Was Caught In A Group Fighting Scene..share Your Experience / Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.