Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Taking Panadol For Cancer… (president Jonathan’s Flood Committee) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taking Panadol For Cancer… (president Jonathan’s Flood Committee) (672 Views)

Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members / Goa Minister Apologizes For Cancer Comment On Nigerians / Taking Panadol For Cancer… (president Jonathan’s Flood Committee) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taking Panadol For Cancer… (president Jonathan’s Flood Committee) by basamta: 12:57pm On Oct 12, 2012
Just this morning at 7am prompt
President Jonathan woke Nigerians with an absolutely needless national broadcast
In His wisdom or foolishness, he surmised that sharing almost 18billion naira on national tv would make Nigerians believe that he cared for them
With a speech as short as its connection, many wondered why Mr president had to allow such charade in the first place
For me, the real questions remain
What is it about Aso Rock that diminishes our leaders?
What is it about that soulless enclave that dilutes the best of brains and converts them into some washed up autocrat?
What really is it about that rock that drains out basic logic and common sense from our leaders, that makes them conscience-less and very apt to believe the impossible and attempt ONLY the incredible??
As I ponder without any reasonable response in sight,
It occurred to me that no normal nation would leave the comfort of properly built homes or palaces to house their leaders in caves
Or can you or anyone explain to m why Mr President seemingly has no clue to everything and anything anymore?
Why would he? Why should he keep forming committee for every goddamed policy or activities of government in a way that duplicates or triplicates the activities of one or many more agencies?
In the last 18months, he has created more than 20 bogus committees, some performing the same functions, with unbudgeted expenses and unrighteous overheads, yet the lives of Nigerian does not seem to be improving at the slightest
Check this out…
1. Subsidy reinvestment board
2. Committee on post-election violence
3. Committee to identify leakages and waste in the Ministries, Departments and Agencies
4. Committee for airport upgrading
5. Justice Alfa Belgore committee
6. Presidential Committee on Award of Post-Graduate Scholar-ship to first class graduates
7. Presidential Committee on the Rationalization and Restructuring of Federal Government Parastatals, Commissions and Agencies
8. Committee to negotiate with the radical Islamist sect Boko Haram
9. Committee to ratify FG contracts and procurements
10. Pensions Reform Task Force
11. Committee on transparency in the oil sector
12. Committee set up to decongest the ports
13. Committee to monitor oil exports
14. Committee saddled with the responsibility of expelling all unqualified students from the school
15. Inter-ministerial committee to work out modalities for University lecturers to have a minimum PhD qualification
16. NDDC fact- finding committee
17. Presidential committee on road infrastructure
18. Presidential committee on restructuring and rationalization of the Federal Civil Service
19. Committee to review judgment on Bakassi
20. National fund raising committee on Flood
Etc!
Not only are these committees needless and absolutely without much usefulness, even the ones that manage to conclude their mandate and give reports, their recommendations aren’t implemented not giving a second glance
Now back to the flood!
Every rational man knows that an emergency requires hasty response
How then can anyone explain that after almost 3weeks of flooding, president Jonathan has not visit any of the flood site nor physically engaged any of the victims at any of the relief camps?
How can Mr President or his army of advisers justify the categorization of states in some unintelligent flood quadrant, when the disasters are not necessarily statewide, but are peculiarly damaging to different areas and topography?
How can Abati, Okupe, omokiri and those loud mouth presidential envoys defend a 7minutes speech of the sharing of an unappropriated 18billion naira to governors and agencies who have little or no capacity to manage this flood?
What will they do with the money?
How will that money dry out the flood? Return people’s farm? Recover the floating or sinking dead? Salvage the displaced? Quarantine affected areas? provide food, drugs and shelter relief to the victims as well emotional support and counseling to the hurting?

NOPE!
Mr. President and his cabinet did not think that far
He decided to share the money as he is wont to do to all the 36states including the federal capital territory, as if the same problem is afflicting every state in Nigeria.
Oga Jonathan must have forgotten the Aluu killings of last week in Portharcort.
He must have amnesia about the Mubi massacre of almost 40students also last week.
He sure didn’t hear the news of the extra judicial killings of over 30civilians by the JTF in Borno State yesterday.
Who said the pressing problems of Jigawa and Bauchi is flooding?
Why give them an unbudgeted 400million naira each for a problem that is far from their borders
This year, only 18students passed WAEC in the whole of GOMBE state
Isn’t that a more pressing disaster, instead of giving 300million to a state whose need are absolutely different from Kogi?
Why couldn’t the president call on international organizations for help?
Why couldn’t he use his good office to appeal to the global human conscience to get international sympathy
Why couldn’t he appeal to world renown humanitarian organization like the Doctors Without Borders, International Federation of Red Cross Societies, Islamic Relief World wide USAID?
Organizations whose mandates are to respond to such disasters with the passion, empathy and competence that it requires?
Why must it be money! Money!! Money!!! In a way that the poor will not benefit but remain even lower down the ladders?
Well the money is already shared, and some people’s bank accounts will soon start smiling!
I just hope our president will allow some blood flow through him so he can visit some of the victims and witness their devastation and loss firsthand.
I hope he will wake up to the inadequacy of the federal and state governments and quickly seek the assistance of international partners.
I hope he will soon realize the impropriety of sharing such bounty in an outrightly unintelligent manner and hopefully stop or reverse such scandalous wastage of our commonwealth.
Above all, I hope President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will develop some gut and have a mind of his own.
I hope he won’t repeat such a lame and helpless broadcast as suggested by his advisers.
I hope he would find time to sieve wisdom from the undoubted foolishness of his assistants and begin to rule this nation with some modicum of respect, passion and decency
Maybe then, God will spare our land the impending doom as prophesied by the CIA, and allow this nation live on beyond 2015
Until then, might I suggest that we really need a committee to investigate what all those committees listed above has been doing!
Abi my people?
Shior!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basamta!
09/10/12

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Oil Spills: Shell Rejects Liability Claim / "The Govt Is Not Paying Lip Service To Power"-coscharis Founder. / Aero Flight Aborted After Second ‘minor Technical Fault’ In One Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.