Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically (27669 Views)

The Wonders Of Garri ** Picture Inside ** / The Price Of Garri / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by acidtalk: 11:34am On Oct 16, 2012
riqblaze: when Baines.(beans) became d costliest player in the transfer market. I just knew smthn was nt right, but now dat GARRI Cahill has toppled him i wonder hw this season go be.... One thing i'm sure of sha is that i can't go on relegation,(die of hunger). But hw about the smaller clubs like Norwich(common man on d streets), wetin them go do? Pls i'm calling on d NFF President Alhaji myGARRI, other stake holders, acidtalk, 190, seun shaGARRI, GARRI activist and other members of GPAN especially comrade BBpriye, to do smthn about this

After i saw this, i knew what the average man on the street would have been feeling by now so i put a call across to Mr President (GCFN Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan) and this was our coversation.

Acidtalk - Good Morning your Excellency.

President - Acidtalk, whats so good about the morning? you think i don't know?

Acidtalk - Know what your excellency?

President - How you have been running down my government all over. i don't have your time now all my attention is in Germany right now.

Acidtalk - But your excellency that's not.........

President - spare me details young man. Why did you call me?

Acidtalk - Your Excellency, there's wahala in the land oh!

President - Na today? there has always been wahala in the land. But where exactly?

Acidtalk - Sir, everywhere oh! people want to protest oh! this time more than the subsidy own oh!.

President - (surprised) sho! wetin happen this time around? is it because of Farouk Lawan, Budget, My casava bread, My N3million per day meal, Boko Haram, Flood or Aluu 4?

Acidtalk - Your Excellency it is none of these oh!

President
- Then what? Acidtalk, talk fast i don't want to miss my N3million breakfast.

Acidtalk - Sir, it is because of this price of Garri oh!

President - (Laughs loud), oh that! Don't worry i want to keep them busy for now so that they can stop talking about my sweet Patience. By the way, haven't they been saying what as her sickness have to do with the price of garri? Tell them oh! the price of Garri won't come down until she is hale and hearty. So i suggest they all start praying and fasting for her quick recovery.

7 Likes

Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by albacete(m): 11:37am On Oct 16, 2012
exxell: Garri is my food, I shall not want, it makes me belleful. I garnish it with ice cold water, sugar, milk and ground nut. It reduces my hunger, it guides me in the path of the market, for the freshest of the freshest garri. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Nairaland, I fear no ban, for garri is with me, ur taste & ur deliciousness, they comfort me. Garri is prepared and set on a table before me even in the presence of the moderators, garri is soaked with ice cold water, it rises.
Surely garri will remain my number one food all the days of my life and I shall soak garri in my house, 4ever and ever. AMEN!
[size=17pt]
672 Likes from me.
Abeg come collect 3 cups of garri joor!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by albacete(m): 11:42am On Oct 16, 2012
[size=17pt]
@Acidtalk: Hmmm. N3m for breakfast?
Ends shall neva wonder.
[/size]
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by EmmyBoy2(m): 11:52am On Oct 16, 2012
[quote author=190][size=13pt][color=RED]where is seun shaGARRI grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Aventures(m): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2012
Great NLders, the lesson from this tread is that we shld wake up and invest in cassava plantation. Call me for large expanse of land and let s strike a goog ğarri deal.
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by deeplo(m): 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
Leadn:
hmm English,,, buh on a serious note did yu just say you 'grow' GARRI??

Mr Know all, glad you can correct my blunder, thank you. The question still remain, what have you contribute to change or challenge the current situation? You can keep looking for my typo errors and grammatical blunders while i continue to make good use of "free unused land around me " to plant and cultivate and contribute to food bank of my immediate family and the community at large.
I guess you expect me to put everything in writing for you to understand that, garri cannot be grown but it is one of by-product of cassava tuber.
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hmmm,naija which way... dis topic doesn't still affect d price of garri in d market 2day.
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by NeuroBoss(m): 12:58pm On Oct 16, 2012
For the garri cause I was banned for one week from Sept. 2-9.
You can see you can never lose taking side with the masses and always wanting to know how some things affect them.
THIS OUR DAY. Congrats. Comrades Bbpreye and Ebamma
#IRepTeamGarri#
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by soulamanne(m): 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
inasmuchas this is a serious issue,i cant but laugh at how (finally)a topic has affected the price of garri.for the past 3 weeks have followed with keen interest the garri issue and it is kind of interesting to see how it has culminated to this... grin
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Boomark(m): 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
I am now beginning to think clearly.

A business idea! I wan to have my own Garri Plantation. I will write an ebook on how to own a garri plantation.
If you are interested, just deposite 30 cups of garri with the bank below.

Bookybank int'l Nigeria limited Plc.
Acc no:00001
acc name: Garri Boom.

Don't forget to send me your name and no of cups you deposited.

It is one cup per page if you can't afford 30 cups. I just made it easy and affordable depending on number of pages you want.
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Kslib(m): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
Atlast,we are free to express our views about garri. Now,this thread is about the price of garri..
But the thread below,is all about writing a poem,story,music,or any form of writing to our dear garri.. Make sure you dont miss it..oh
www.nairaland.com/1076085/writing-dedicated-garri
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by timpaker(m): 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
funny topic and funny post..
I can't fit laugh.

Hope Seun and his '[i]Galadima[/i'] Mods will not ban all the users using the dreaded garri world?
If they aren't gonna ban any, the those in prison (banned) should be released (unbanned).
SHIKINA!
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by remmyton(f): 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
acidtalk: Babe - Hello honey?
Guy - Hello dear, how are you doing?
Babe - I am not okay joh!
Guy - What's wrong?
Babe - Can you do me a favour?
Guy - What favour dear? Anything for you.
Babe - Can you....
Guy - is it your BIS renewal?
Babe - No!
Guy - Is it the new phone I promised you?
Babe - No! Nah!
Guy - It is the gucci bag?
Babe - Please hold on let me talk.
Guy - okay talk.
Babe can you buy me.....
Guy - The car?
Babe - That will be later joh!
Guy - Buy you what then?
Babe - can you buy me garri?
Guy - What? Are you kidding?
Babe - No nah! It is now too expensive for me to afford.
Guy - I thought you never used to take garri?
Babe - Well, not until it became the most expensive food on Sheraton and Protea Hotels Menu.

Man - Sweetheart, I am at Debonairs what type of Pizza do you want me to buy for you?

Girl - Debonairs keh? No oh! Please just add small money ontop and buy garri instead.

Junior - Mama, saturday na my birthday, wetin we go chop? Akpos mama cook rice and chicken last month for him birthday.

Mother - Junior na Garri and beans we go cook for your friends.

Junior - Mama, garri and beans keh?

Mother - yes keh! We go show them Apkos say we get money, rice and chicken na poor man food now.

acidtalk, you get am for mouth
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Abuklaw(m): 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2012
*atlast,d infringement of my freedom of expressn has bin removed* clear throat!! D price of garri in southwestern market is increasing at an alarming rate,below ar d result of my research
A CUP AS AT LAST MNTH COST=#10 BT NW COST #15 WHILE A BASIN (CONGO) COST #150, am kinda gud in forecasting commodity price,so in d next ten days (ileya festival) a basin wil cost #200 bt am nt gud @ riskin tins as i av already procure 25 basin of garri dat wil serve me b4 n afta d festive period
Note: d garri isn't yet supplied o *if i didn't clear dat statement nw they soon cum ovanyt 2 cart away my jewel*
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by FANE4Naija: 4:00pm On Oct 16, 2012
@ EZE PROMOE, u be GARRI merchant How u come know all d prices at various areas?
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by UmericanGirl(f): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
Goldieluks: How does this topic affects the price of pounded yam?

Please dont make yam price increase! I pay $7 - $10 USD per tuber!
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Kslib(m): 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2012
Tell garri what it means to Nigerians.
www.nairaland.com/1076085/writing-dedicated-garri
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by YoursGEJ(m): 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
How does this affect the price of garri in the market?
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by simo4real(m): 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
since the increment of price of garri in the market,some Garri Marketers has developed a new way of preserving and marketing their products, they now made it available in much of the super market around the country in a modernize style(package) grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2012
Yours GEJ,:
How does this affect the price of garri in the market?
[
it does because that's the issue being discussed undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

please think properly undecided undecided
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by nikkyshyne(f): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
Errr...I bought Garri(paint rubber) today for 400 naira. Op scared me initially with his post.
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Chomzy19(f): 8:33pm On Oct 16, 2012
Finally d price of garri wz affected, ... Btw, dis does nt still affect dprice of garri in d market wher a painter hs risen from 280 2 400
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Chomzy19(f): 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
lestat:
[
it does because that's the issue being discussed undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

it does nt cuz afta "discussing" it, ur discussion wil nat affect d price in any way
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Chomzy19(f): 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
lestat:
[

it does nt cuz afta "discussing" it, ur discussion wil nat affect d price in any way
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Homextras: 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
Never really liked d garri movement, but am glad I can mention it without getting banned. Garrii, garri, garri!!!
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Onyiip(f): 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
garri! Garri! Garri..... Im glad that i was opportuned to consume you. I hope the price reduce o.
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by bibiking1(m): 12:19am On Oct 17, 2012
on garri we stand! G-force forever
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Sunbellar: 4:49am On Oct 17, 2012
bibiking1: on garri we stand! G-force forever
For those that banned me b4 for mentioning our stable food (Garri), you have seen what you have caused. Now the price of Garri has skyrocketed bc of ur incessant ban of regular users like me. Now i advise you to unban those serving the ban now. Garri! Garri!! Garri!!!, My best food...
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Kslib(m): 6:00am On Oct 17, 2012
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by engrfcuksmtin(m): 11:53am On Oct 17, 2012
This will definately affect the price of groundnut.

Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Princessaleeza: 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2012
DeCleff:

A basin of garri is now #5000 and a cup is #100 in Elelenwo, Port Harcourt.

Lets know the price in ur area
cup of garri is still N20 & paint plastic is N350,N400 4 now.
Re: Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically by Princessaleeza: 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
Abeg make yellow garri no affect our own price of garri here cos we still de by N350,N400 here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Unveiling Peak Yoghurt 1 Litre Strawberry Flavour / Shoprite Bread Wahala / Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.