Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Did We Really Have Embassy At All ? Read How Innocen Nigerians Was Detained - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did We Really Have Embassy At All ? Read How Innocen Nigerians Was Detained (772 Views)

Why US-based Lawyer Emeka Ugwuonye Was Detained By DSS / A Student Was Detained For Criticizing Gov. Shetima On Facebook / Prof Corruption: Where Did You Get The Info That She Was Detained 17 Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did We Really Have Embassy At All ? Read How Innocen Nigerians Was Detained by danielarem(m): 11:30am On Oct 13, 2012
Created on Friday, 12 October 2012 09:32
Last Updated on Friday, 12 October 2012 10:15
Published on Friday, 12 October 2012 09:32
Written by Comrade Aremu
Hits: 186
www.elombah.com

My attention has been drawn to a very bizarre story of a 13 innocent Nigerian that went to Saudi Arabia to school and to have more knowledge in alquran, who has being held in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia against their will. Their plight defies all logic and their ordeal is without a parallel in its cruelty, impunity and discrimination. It
behoves the Nigerian President. His Excellency President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and all people of goodwill in Nigeria and everywhere in the world to act quickly to secure the immediate release of these innocent Nigerians.
I was so surprised that Nigeria representative in Saudi Arabia; i mean Nigeria Ambassador in Saudi dereliction of his duty.
These boys were arrested alongside other Africa like: Sudan, Ghana; Kenya; Senegal. But, they gained their freedom immediately that their Ambassador show up; while our own embassy did not show up till today.
A source told me on phone that the Nigeria consulate are dumb and useless here in Saudi Arabia, we don't have true representatives
The Federal government should look into this matter urgently. There are more than 1000 Nigeria incarcerated by Saudi authorities without proper conviction.
I personally complained to the Ambassador Hon.Abubakar Shehu Bunu that a lot of Nigerians are imprisoned without proper conviction but nothing has been done.
My people says if you see a mad man working on the street he has a mother. If those boys are criminals whatever happens, they are Nigerians, and must receive a fair trial.
They are innocent but they are in the prison more than 10yrs now under the watch of Nigeria embassy.
Even one of them was sentenced to death at teh age of 24yrs and is now age of 34yrs in detention and he will be execute very soon.
I'm calling on our President Goodluck Jonathan and our leaders to please to save the life of this innocent Nigerian in Saudi prison as you rescued Nigerians living in Libya during their civil war before one of them get kill.
I reminisce how I used to view Nigerians as the same people. I was never raised to believe my tribe was superior to my brethren’s tribe.
We were all raised as Nigerians first before anything – and we all used to verbally defend Nigeria against other country.
Tribalism is now rife among Nigerians in diaspora, and on the virtual World Wide Web. It seems we were all young back then, and we were living in denial – and probably tribalists on the inside, but Nigerian on outside.

This is the letter i received from this boys from Saudi Arabia prison.

Jeddah and the area called Alruwais prison

This letter from one of the victim brother in Saudi prison.

Afoson Afoson

Oct 10 (1 day ago)

Good-day sir,

I write you this letter with honour and full respect,on the 29th of september 2002 my brothers was arrested in our various house in the middle of the night.the incident happen where different nationality of africa were watching car in the area called babsherif in jeddah saudi arabia.they arrested we nigerians and the other africa.about 34 of them are arrested.they called on nigeria embassy.they refuse in d first place but later they came and started discriminating.that we' are yorubas and not hausa.infact they complicate the issues.going to extends of telling them that they are christian and not muslims.they went through pains.torture, humiliation,why Saudi police acused them of killing person due to the serious inflliction they have to confess under duress that they killed a policemen. 21 of them were giving sentenced rining from 6 month to 2year accordingly.
They are release after 2years. remaning 13 of them.their 1st court was 26th of march 2004.after 14 attempt.on the 17th of may 2005 the sheik sentenced 12 of them to 5year in jail and 500 lashes and sentence 1 to death and they may behead him very soon..On the 30th of november 2005.they recall them to court and the sheik increase their sentence to 7year and 700 lashes.on the 3th of may 2008 they recalled them to court and increased their sentenced to 10year and 1000 lashes.on the 13th of july 2008 they called them back to increase their sentence to 15year in jail. lashes remain 1000.their names are 1) suliman olufemi.in death roll, 2)nurudeen sanni died in prisom 26th of sepetenber 2008 due to lack of hospitality .3)Abass mojeed Akanni 4)muritala amao 5)Abass Azizi oladunni.6)Abul Amin gbenga shobayo.7)nofiu obadina,coolAmod Abass. 9)muhamed Abdallah yusuf.10)Amod suberu.11)nurudeen owoalada.12)waheed elebute.
There was amnesty declear by d late crown prince to release every prisoners in 2009 they are excluded even the king also declear amnesty to all prisoner in 2010.they are also excluded in the amnesty.
They are now 10 years 5 month in Arabic month in prison. please they need your help to gain freedom. I don't know there intentions. Nigeria embassy does not help matters. They even fear to come to the prison to know the situations of things.
my fellow Nigerians most especially our leaders i need your assistance to set my innocent brothers free.

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

To reach the guys in Saudi Arabia. You can call this number. 009665436440118

This boys are not begging you for money; all they need is freedom.

Pls help this our innocent brothers out of this prison

From Comrade Aremuforyouths

Re: Did We Really Have Embassy At All ? Read How Innocen Nigerians Was Detained by onatisi(m): 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2012
this is really pathetic
Re: Did We Really Have Embassy At All ? Read How Innocen Nigerians Was Detained by bashr8: 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2012
which nigeria embassy ? they are on their own if they are relying on nigerian emabssy , only NGO's can save them in this kind of situation.

(1) (Reply)

Describe This Picture in your own word. / Cold Blooded Murder By American Policeman (video) / Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.