Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge (4478 Views)

Omotola As A Judge On Mo Abudu's First Stars (photos) / Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star / Charlyboy To Return As Judge On Nigerian-Idol As Linda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Lanreclassic(m): 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2012
Three-time Grammy Award nominee and Afrobeat maestro Femi Kuti has been announced as a judge for the third season of popular talent show Nigerian Idol.

Producers unveiled Kuti today, October 14, 2012 explaining Kuti’s inclusion would bring ‘a whole new package and cycle this season’.

‘We keep bringing in new twists and turns to make the show more interesting, two brand new cities made the audition train and most exciting is our own living legend, three-time Grammy nominee and Afrobeat king Femi Kuti as one of our judges‘, Tiwa Medubi said in a statement announcing Femi Kuti’s inclusion to the talent hunt show.

When asked about how he felt to be a judge at this year's Edition,Femi replied....

“I am honoured to be part of Nigerian Idol, a show that discovers talents across the country in music. Saying I love music is like saying snow is white. I'd like to be part of moulding many more talents with Nigerian Idol, this year.” - The three-time Grammy Award
nominee said. ‘An opportunity to be able to impart on the lives of the future of Nigerian music is one I will never say no to‘, Femi Kuti says.

Jeffery Daniels, Yinka Davies and Femi Kuti have been confirmed as judges on the show. Producers aren’t spilling a word yet but with Kuti’s inclusion as third judge, Charly Boy’s days as a judge seems to be numbered.

Fingers crossed.

SOURCE

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Chanchit: 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2012
Baba ooooooo....! Ara ra ra ra...! Oro ro ro ro....!

I just hope he won't fight Linda on set, cos Linda might be annoying, sometimes. Looking foward to what Femi will bring to the show, cos I always love to watch the last edition cos' of Linda.
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 15, 2012
I might start watching it now, if the other weirdo isn't on the panel.
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by damola1: 1:32am On Oct 15, 2012
time to pay dstv bill
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by whiteeyes: 1:42am On Oct 15, 2012
shymexx: I might start watching it now, if the other weirdo isn't on the panel.
. Yeah, I agree with you. Did't like his personality on the show, he looks so derogatory! Don't even know any song he sang, he's just a drama.
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Nobody: 1:55am On Oct 15, 2012
damola1: time to pay dstv bill
No need. u can watch the show FTA on any of the local channels
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Nobody: 1:56am On Oct 15, 2012
shymexx: I might start watching it now, if the other weirdo isn't on the panel.
MTN project fame is still number 1 and would always be cheesy
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by whalesnoni: 2:24am On Oct 15, 2012
Nice 1. He will bring quality to idols on playing instruments
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Shaw007(m): 2:44am On Oct 15, 2012
Wonderful. . .I just hope Mr.you-know-who would behave himself. . .neva really liked him on the show anyways,can he even sing??
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by cap28: 3:23am On Oct 15, 2012
nice one - ive always liked Femi, he is more deserving of this position than the talentless cross dresser aka charlie "boy".

Femi can actually sing and he plays a range of musical instruments unlike area fada (aka fela wanna be) charlie boy.
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by tonyx4x44(m): 3:37am On Oct 15, 2012
Sorry linda... You have been systematically eliminated.
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by acidtalk: 4:41am On Oct 15, 2012
Nigeria's Best Musician As AT Today!!!

Others are Sony Okosun, Ebenezer Obey, Sunny Ade, 2face Idibia.

This people don't just sing wongs that makes real sense but also evergreen songs.

The organizers don't mind paying Femi Kuti N50m to be judge than paying Charlie goat N30m. Femi is a SUPERSTAR!!!
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Aphrygian(m): 6:11am On Oct 15, 2012
Kaiii,participants go see pepper.make them ask wole oni wetin he tell am when he come do auditioning for shrine.dis one na correct musie mastero
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by methodman(m): 6:39am On Oct 15, 2012
banom: This one only yorubas are the judges on this show, i hope Awo syndrome will not take over greater part of the show. yorubas are tribalistic to their grave.
You are a COW for this statement.
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Chanchit: 7:11am On Oct 15, 2012
toba: MTN project fame is still number 1 and would always be cheesy

But the just concluded PF is rubbish and can not be compared to the last Idols, I really enjoyed the last Idols, cos those guys can really sing.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Series22(m): 7:50am On Oct 15, 2012
cap28: nice one - ive always liked Femi, he is more deserving of this position than the talentless cross dresser aka charlie "boy".

Femi can actually sing and he plays a range of musical instruments unlike area fada (aka fela wanna be) charlie boy.
i wonder if na yoruba femi go use 4 d show, cos dat guy aint fluent in english.. Charlyboy d make d show d lively shaa, all d best femi, lets c wat u can do
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by jimjones: 7:50am On Oct 15, 2012
lol...this show's a joke. a farkin insult to the idol franchise. aren't these the same producers that made contestants perform fela songs in a SINGING competition? how does a fela song allow a singer demonstrate hers/his vocal range/ability? i even remember femi guest judging those performances, and like the weirdo and the dumb biatch, he was a farkin tragedy of a judge....criticizing the finalists for not doing enough prancing about like fela. little wonder none of these shows ever produced an international singing sensation. shame.

fela IS a legend. he wasnt a vocalist. keep his prophetic works of art off these stupid shows!
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by dridowu: 7:52am On Oct 15, 2012
I love femi kuti wit passion
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Afam4eva(m): 7:55am On Oct 15, 2012
I don't know why many people have an aversion for Charlie Boy. I liked his personality as a judge on idols. He brought something different and was the audience's best judge.
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Rooneyboy(m): 8:12am On Oct 15, 2012
But in truth , "How well grounded is this man in music ?"
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Rooneyboy(m): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2012
dridowu: I love femi kuti wit passion
pls what do u really love about him ?
I want to believe its his personality and not his music.
If its his music please just tell me one of his hit "TRACK" not "ALBUM " cos I know that would be a very difficult one for u ---so that ll go and listen to it.
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by solomon111(m): 8:31am On Oct 15, 2012
kunyeo:
Never knew .i think i now love the defintion of 'tribalistic'' .It means quality and professionalism .
quality and professionalism?
Very good.
You should also tell that to your tribalistics elders, asking GEJ why there are not yoruba in top govt positions.
Tell them that there are no professional and quality yorubas to fill such positions.

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by esn1(f): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2012
topsyking:
I don't know why some pple talk like fOooooool..is jeffery the american a yoruba...and who tell u femi can't speak english..it seem u r dead b4 or u just coming back to life,..av u watch is interview on BBC,france24...then u must be talking frm ur Ass....ur papa can never and will never achieve wat femi achieve in his life or
afterlife...morafucker Igbos

Must you insult someone to get your message accross, not just him but the father, haba, well yours is coming soon.
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Afam4eva(m): 8:50am On Oct 15, 2012
Rooneyboy: But in truth , "How well grounded is this man in music ?"
Who?
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Akshow: 9:46am On Oct 15, 2012
Rooneyboy: But in truth , "How well grounded is this man in music ?"
are you from the ape planet? Ok Lets assume good music not the terry g noise is far from your reach, dint you read that he was nominated for the grammy thrice? You think say Na the stupid noise Una de listen to be music? Pls go get one of his music and listen to great African music. 'Mu' square
Re: Femi Kuti Joins Nigerian Idol As A Judge by Akshow: 9:50am On Oct 15, 2012
solomon111: quality and professionalism?
Very good.
You should also tell that to your tribalistics elders, asking GEJ why there are not yoruba in top govt positions.
Tell them that there are no professional and quality yorubas to fill such positions.
i dint hear the yorubas whinin over any leadership position, so Wetin kom be your own? Na leadership we never taste before Abi you think say we resemble some wey jealousy and bitterness wan kill them cos them never smell the corridor of power?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Our Fans And Mikel Obi Made Us Who We Are Today - Psquare / Shocking Secret Discovered In The Center Of The Holy Bible / 5 Things You Should Know About The Experience Concert In December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.