Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes (10784 Views)

Canada’s New Immigration Policy Getting Tough For Foreign Students / Bizarre Illegal Immigration Techniques: How People And Drugs Are Smuggled. / Agent Has Reported Me To Immigration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by Ann77: 8:16am On Oct 15, 2012
pak: As much as I respect the opinions of people on this thread, I think there is a lot of hypocrisy going on up here.

Ever country has a right to do what it deems best for its populace. That's their first responsibility.

Come to think of it even within our own borders, in a country where we claim to practice federalism, where do you see large flocks of immigrants (now I mean people from other states) aside lagos. Every state is so sensitive about having large flocks of non indegenes in their state to the extent that some even started sacking those in the state govt employ. And can't start to talk about the number of crisis that has resulted from Indigenes vs settlers issue all over the country.

Even SA over there that does not have half as much intended immigrants from all over the world as the UK, have you not heard of riots over there that resulted from there unwillingnes to entertain more foreigners in their land ?

Am sure this is not too good news for those having the desire to immigrate to the UK but we don't have to slate them for doing what they presently think is the right step.

And by the way, the Rusell group are just talking as business man. I think a study/research should be conducted to ascertain the effect of this policies on the larger society in the long run. That should be the determinant factor.

totally like!!!!
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by JW214: 8:27am On Oct 15, 2012
Ann77:

Totally in agreement!
Naija tell your government to wake up to it's responsibilities and leave the UK government alone!

Did U read the story above? If, was there any statement accreditted to Nigerian govt? Russell group is a UK based group
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by NewsFlash101: 8:28am On Oct 15, 2012
a

1 Like

Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by NewsFlash101: 8:32am On Oct 15, 2012
a
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 15, 2012
A responsible countries of any country should be able to provide the very basic of amenities for the her citizens and not let them migrate to other countries. UK has the right to tighten their borders in this age of terrorism irrespective of loss of revenue. Russell Group is only concerned about the financial inflow without thinking about the security of lives and property in the UK.

1 Like

Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by Ann77: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2012
JW214:

Did U read the story above? If, was there any statement accreditted to Nigerian govt? Russell group is a UK based group

I know...the point is the UK can and are allowed to control entry into their country, time for Nigeria and its government to put their acts together.
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by Ann77: 9:03am On Oct 15, 2012
Billyonaire: A responsible countries of any country should be able to provide the very basic of amenities for the her citizens and not let them migrate to other countries. UK has the right to tighten their borders in this age of terrorism irrespective of loss of revenue. Russell Group is only concerned about the financial inflow without thinking about the security of lives and property in the UK.

Thank you my brother...not all countries are so clueless and planless like Nigeria! Some countries actually have plans for their citizens!
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by logica(m): 9:09am On Oct 15, 2012
Other countries are benefiting. Even Nigeria could benefit if the standard of education is worked on. At least foreign students from other African countries and Asia will file into the country like back in the 70s and early 80s (when Nigeria ranked 10th in the list of immigration targeted countries).
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by asemota2012: 9:50am On Oct 15, 2012
The UK economy productive sector has gradually been on the down side,they import so much from China and other stronger economies like Germany and label it made in England or wherever I am an eye witness to this.

Over the years The UK Economy realize billions of pounds from the international students,with Nigeria,China India carrying the highest figure of these and of course many other countries.

Well their major reason for immigration policies review is to check the excesses and abuse in the system,such as people overstaying,increase in population and the likes.But the fact remains that the UK economic benefit from these annual exercise in no small way out ways the cost.very soon they will realize this hard truth.

I think the British still have this colonial mentality of wanting to benefit so much from others without giving out a dime or loosing anything.

The present British government is in my opinion indirectly destroying the British economy,very very soon the adverse impact of these their policies will be so obvious.
I also believe this is an opportunity for the other countries particularly those in Asia and Africa to put their house in order.
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by 9jalondon: 9:58am On Oct 15, 2012
Would I encourage prospecting students to uk ans NO
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by UNLEASHED(m): 10:10am On Oct 15, 2012
All you blaming the UK government, don't you think you should bow your head deep in shame?
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 15, 2012
Why will I go to UK when there is Canada and America? UK my foot with their useless Governement. Hisssss
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by dnative(m): 11:52am On Oct 15, 2012
^ Exactly. The ball is in the prospective students court. With cash for education in my hand, why would I really want to go study in the UK over other places such as US, Canada or Australia with the same of recognition or even higher for some of their universities and where I do get the an option/route to stay back legally and work after my studies even if I don't end up taking that option. I can't just think of one reason given this scenario. It's all UK's loss as far as I can see.
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by Sleek05(f): 3:04pm On Oct 15, 2012
jude33084:

N7million?! Jeeeez!

Yeah 7million. Sumtyms u get half scholarship but u pay nothing less dan 4mill and ure back in naija immediately after ur masters 2 look 4 a job of 150k max. Outrageous ainit? Y can't nigerians just go 2 UI or unilag 4 dia postgraduate degrees? Cuz dis masters in jand is beginnin 2 look lyk follow follow 2me.
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by Emmaville(m): 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2012
Sleek05:

Yeah 7million. Sumtyms u get half scholarship but u pay nothing less dan 4mill and ure back in naija immediately after ur masters 2 look 4 a job of 150k max. Outrageous ainit? Y can't nigerians just go 2 UI or unilag 4 dia postgraduate degrees? Cuz dis masters in jand is beginnin 2 look lyk follow follow 2me.
postgraduates in naija is completely rubbish. d difference is lyk d distance blw d earth n d sun
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by Superbrain(m): 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
lol
Imanuelle: B4 nko?
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by Sleek05(f): 3:24pm On Oct 15, 2012
Emmaville:
postgraduates in naija is completely rubbish. d difference is lyk d distance blw d earth n d sun

I agree with u if u can live and work there after ur masters, but if u can't, den it makes no sense 2me. Dere r so many mushroom unis in jand, I kno sum1 who despite havin a UK masters degree came back 2 naija and worked with his Bsc cuz his masters wasn't recognised. If u wil still come back to work in naija, do ur masters in naija, take prof courses, learn one or 2 int'l languages and u'l be just as fine.
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by justwise(m): 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
Sleek05:

I agree with u if u can live and work there after ur masters, but if u can't, den it makes no sense 2me. Dere r so many mushroom unis in jand, I kno sum1 who despite havin a UK masters degree came back 2 naija and worked with his Bsc cuz his masters wasn't recognised. If u wil still come back to work in naija, do ur masters in naija, take prof courses, learn one or 2 int'l languages and u'l be just as fine.

How does that work? The school he graduated from in the UK is not recognized or what? Only if he got it from fake college.
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by Sleek05(f): 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2012
justwise:

How does that work? The school he graduated from in the UK is not recognized or what? Only if he got it from fake college.

He didn't get it from a fake college, he got it frm a mushroom one-buildin uni as there are so many of dem in d UK.
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by Emmyk(m): 4:23pm On Oct 15, 2012
Serve them right!
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by justwise(m): 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2012
Sleek05:

He didn't get it from a fake college, he got it frm a mushroom one-buildin uni as there are so many of dem in d UK.

Being in one building does not mean that their qualification is not recognized as long as the university is duly registered with the Higher education authority in the UK.

The person need to tell people where exactly he got his masters from.
Re: UK Universities Applications Drop Due To Immigration Policy Changes by playto(m): 12:51am On Oct 16, 2012
ROCK-J:
That's the dangerous effect of voting in a conservative government that rolls out anti immigration laws anyhow. If our educational system was ok in Nigeria we would stay in our country and the British man will not insult us.

Who is insulting you.didn't u read the post clearly.'Foreign students en nt Nigeria students'

(1) (2) (Reply)

Think Twice Before Relocating To Nigeria O / Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing / ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.