Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Marrying Ibo Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Ibo Women (855 Views)

Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? / Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? / Father Impreginates Daughter Insists On Marrying Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying Ibo Women by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 15, 2012
Non-ibo guys, what have been your experiences thus far with marrying ibo women?
Did you have to first build house for their father first or what? I've heard some horror stories, but I'd like to hear from y'all whats really going on with that.
Re: Marrying Ibo Women by MyneWhite1(f): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2012
I am Igbo woman married to Yoruba, no house was built I can assure you.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Ibo Women by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 15, 2012
Myne White: I am Igbo woman married to Yoruba, no house was built I can assure you.

Not literally ofcourse, but theres all these demands.

How can the woman be respected afterwards when it feels like you are buying a slave? Doing away with that damnable "culture" would be one of the first steps to building a better country IMO.
Re: Marrying Ibo Women by Wislet(f): 9:23am On Oct 15, 2012
nobody is buying anybody 2BUFF.
Bride price doesn't mean the lady is being sold. In some cases, the in-laws give back the money to the husband/ask for something very low.
It is a symbol of sort. It shows the value of the woman in the eyes of her family...and paves way to laying a foundation of respect(honour) when she's handed over to the semi strangers(new family) she would be entering into.
What you should say is that the people that still exploit such situations need to desist, and not look for condemnations from posters.
If the men marrying them don't like their culture, why do they come back for more/love to marry Igbo women?
Never heard of building houses or the sort.
Besides, if you encounter that, then quit, cos it is absurd.
Re: Marrying Ibo Women by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 15, 2012
there is no serious protocol when marrying an Igbo lady, my first cousin an Igbo married a Yoruba man, no house was built, the normal bride price was paid, there was no problem at all from between the family.

(1) (Reply)

What's Your MOOD Right Now? / I'm In Love With Actress Omotola's First Daughter / Kidnapping Is Our Family Business, Says Arrested Nanny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.