Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Living In Lagos - Please Help - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Living In Lagos - Please Help (1259 Views)

Man Who Spent 20-Years Living In A Mountain Cave (photos) / Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. / Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living In Lagos - Please Help by mtmohee: 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2012
Hello Everybody,

Kindly I have got a job offer to work in Nigeria (Lagos)with 4000 USD monthly, I am a Senior Electrical Engineer with 6 years Experience.

I need to know how is the life in LAgos, and the cost of living also the Security level and the health care.
Specially I am planning to move with my family and two kids.

Will be waiting for your support.
Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by engrboma85(m): 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2012
Well it depends on d area u want and the kind of life u want in lagos. But I can connect u with a lawyer who is gonna help u and make sure u secured...........u can add me on bb 27aac40f so we can talk better or call my. Mobile 08051829441
Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by mtmohee: 3:49pm On Oct 15, 2012
Hello
Thanks for your reply, Kindly do you have Skype or Yahoo account so I can add u.
Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by mtmohee: 4:50pm On Oct 15, 2012
The work is in lkeja, I don't know where the accommodation will be, but the company told me they are going to offer me an accommodation in a compound.
I need to know the some prices for example

The milk
Vegetables
Fruits
Meat & Chicken
Fast Food meals (Macdonalds or KFC)

Also what about the security.

Waiting your kind support
Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by ifyalways(f): 5:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
Be careful of who you contact or talk to online and especially offline.I assume you are a foreigner,contact your consulate and they'll link you up with your folks living here.There are expat forums too,you can join them and network with your people first,strangers later.

1 Like

Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by 19naia(m): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
I would follow the advice of making links through the cvonsulate of your nation and the actual company that is hiring you...It is common parctice in proffessional employment,to give its senior workers housing in a secure compound with security and often include a car and driver in addition to base salary....$4000.oo is a good salary in Nigeria of over N600k monthly....If not renting and houseing is free and also car,then it is a good amount for family of 4..The one item in concern is childrens schooling..That can rnder $4000 a month quite small,if you are taking them to private/international schools for quality and safety...Many expats from well developed countries wont come to lagos or Nigeria to work on less than $150,000.oo a year with houseing security in compound and a car with driver included,and that makes it easy to put any children through quality schools...It is possible to send children to good public local shcools and suppliment with a private tutor at home...i myself went to regular govt shcools in Nigeria as a youngster,but they were the best ones in the city where the senior officials and abassadors sent kids to school..I then went to finish last year of highschool and enter university in USA with no problem in fitting into the USA curriculum,in fact i did better than most of the students when i arrived new there.....Try to be safe and make contacts through your consulate or embassy and the company hiring you.....remeber that a $1000.oo a month salary in nigeria is livable for a family and some even buy a car with that and feed children.....Nigeria is on the verge of another inflation round for food because of the massive floods,so prices will go up and many foods will become scarce,imports can cost more than they do in london and newyork...If you spend $500 a month on food in lagos,you will be spending as much as some earn in an entire month doing proffessional work at universities throughout nigeria....If you are from India,then lagos traffic and pollution will not be so shocking..

1 Like

Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by chucky234(m): 11:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
Good to know you will be joining us in Lagos soon,becareful whom you involve yourself with,you don't need a lawyer to secure yourself in Lagos.
$1,500 from your monthly salary of $4000 is more than enough to care for you and your family monthly.
$200 a month is ok for a launch at KFC/yTFC,your company will certainly be the one to fuel your car,Ikeja is conducive enough with no security threat.
Wish you good luck as you arrives Lagos.
Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by chucky234(m): 11:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
engrboma85: Well it depends on d area u want and the kind of life u want in lagos. But I can connect u with a lawyer who is gonna help u and make sure u secured...........u can add me on bb 27aac40f so we can talk better or call my. Mobile 08051829441
What do you want the lawyer to do to secure him,mumu.
Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by 19naia(m): 6:38pm On Oct 17, 2012
[quote author=chucky234].
$200 a month is ok for a launch at KFC/yTFC, sO DOES THIS MEAN THAT $200 A MONTH WILL BUY A FULL FAMILY LUNCH ONCE EVERY DAY FOR 30 DAYS? i DONT KNOW THE PRICES AT kfc AND OTHER PLACES...THANKS
Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by chucky234(m): 7:50am On Oct 18, 2012
@19naia , The family will have their launch at home or will they be going to the office with him?
The $200 is for his launch not the family,I don't think he will be having launch every afternoon at KFC/TFC that's why I estimated $200,there are days I just sit back in the office with soft drink and snacks.
Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by mtmohee: 8:28am On Oct 22, 2012
@chucky234 & @19naia

Thanks all for your kind reply and all the information that you provided.
The company shall provide a secured house in Ikoy, is this area safe and secured enough.
Also I need to know what about the Malaria disease.

Also if you could provide me with some examples from the prices.
Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by chucky234(m): 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2012
mtmohee: @chucky234 & @19naia

Thanks all for your kind reply and all the information that you provided.
The company shall provide a secured house in Ikoy, is this area safe and secured enough.
Also I need to know what about the Malaria disease.

Also if you could provide me with some examples from the prices.

Ikoyi is a very nice place to live,serene environment conducive for enough for you and your family without the fear of Malaria.
Security wise Ikoyi is very secured with good road network and link roads to take you down to Victoria Island and Ikeja,the traffic situation within the metropolis is also very minimal.
Price of goods and services depends solely on quality of what you want,overall things are very much affordable down there.
Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by engrboma85(m): 11:59am On Oct 29, 2012
[quote author=chucky234]What do you want the lawyer to do to secure him,mumu.[/quote
Fine u may call me mumu buh u are the greater fool dats why nigerians keep having probs he nids a lawyer as a legal adviser elese his gonna fall into the hands of fraudsters cos u nigerians can't pay legal bills u don't know their value little do u know dat some houz are meant to be destroyed due to 1 fault or d other now tell me is such a house secured.................so look b/4 u limp fool
Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by chucky234(m): 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
@ engrboma85
I don't even know what to call you,you are dumber than I thought. His security is the sole responsibility of the employer and the company will provide him with a competent lawyer if the need be,you don't even sound like someone with a FSLC let alone graduating from law school.
You want to defraud the oyinbo then put our good name in jeopardy,your plans will not work as far as I am here.
Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by engrboma85(m): 8:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
chucky234: @ engrboma85
I don't even know what to call you,you are dumber than I thought. His security is the sole responsibility of the employer and the company will provide him with a competent lawyer if the need be,you don't even sound like someone with a FSLC let alone graduating from law school.
You want to defraud the oyinbo then put our good name in jeopardy,you plans will not work as far as I am here.

So dumb u jes making a fool of ur sef maybe u talk to him personally then u know what all these is all boutt twaat
Re: Living In Lagos - Please Help by chucky234(m): 12:24am On Oct 31, 2012
engrboma85:

So dumb u jes making a fool of ur sef maybe u talk to him personally then u know what all these is all boutt twaat
Too bad I had to knock your illicit deal,thief.

(1) (Reply)

100% Accurate Prophecy For 2015 By Deeboiyy / To All Romancelanders (A Matter Of Urgency) / Remembering Gen. Sani Abacha (died Today, 8 June 1998)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.