Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,595 members, 7,827,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Understanding The Nairaland Community - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Understanding The Nairaland Community (1260 Views)

Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding / Battle Of The Nairaland Hotties {WEEK 1} / Grudge To Bear: Who Do You Feel Like Slapping On The Nairaland Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding The Nairaland Community by Gorgeous58(f): 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
What you must understand is that there are many people on social network sites who have serious self-esteem issues. They hate themselves. They're convinced that they are ugly or that there's something inadequate about themselves. They hate their lives and anything around them. They have miserable relationships with men and women who don't value them. They were forced to abandon their dreams and ambitions. Some of them are successful in their careers, but they're still drowning in feelings of inadequacies. So basically, these are unhappy people.

These people come on Nairaland and unleash their concealed resentment on complete strangers, because it is easier to confront the challenges of other people than it is their own. They're the kinds of people who, if you post a topic, will tell you that your topic is rubbish or that it is too long. They can't understand where your inspiration and confidence to write such lovely article comes from, because with their better brains, their insecurity eat them alive. These are people who laugh at your weaknesses and flaws, who thrive on seeing you miserable. They will tell you that you're this person they don't take seriously but will still follow every move you make, because beneath the surface, they envy you. They sit alone asking themselves what it is about you that makes you who you are. They want it, and because they don't know how to acquire it, they will try to dim your light.

Once you understand this, you'll realize that not everyone who attacks you on Nairaland hates you. Some people hate themselves. It is therefore not so much them trying to make your life miserable but rather, them trying to make theirs bearable. Don't hate them, reflect on them, and remember that everyone is fighting their own unknown struggle.

GG58

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Understanding The Nairaland Community by nomabeeee(f): 9:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
Wonderful..dearie..thumbs up..some people hate themselves*i love that line*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Understanding The Nairaland Community by YungwizzzyPt7: 9:15pm On Oct 28, 2014
No wonder those yeye mods keep hating on me and banning me

just because they hate themselves

I'm I the God that created them?
Re: Understanding The Nairaland Community by musaajebor(m): 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2014
op are u serious
dont tell me u take nairaland comments seriously because most are cowards dat cannot raise a lip when facing their supposed challeng in real life.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Nairaland Community by Gorgeous58(f): 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2014
Yes! What one speaks reflect what they are inside!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Understanding The Nairaland Community by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 29, 2014
Sorry derailing your thread but please how do I delete my account. Off Nairaland. Or change my username?
Re: Understanding The Nairaland Community by That2: 2:17am On Oct 29, 2014
Hadizy:
Sorry derailing your thread but please how do I delete my account. Off Nairaland. Or change my username?
Click here https://www.nairaland.com/editprofile Then scroll down to where you see "Deactivate account". A confirmation message would be sent to your email address after clicking it.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Nairaland Community by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:50am On Oct 29, 2014
Gorgeous58:
Yes! What one speaks reflect what they are inside!
Maybe Yes, Maybe No
Re: Understanding The Nairaland Community by Georgematics(m): 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2014
sometimes I just sit back and ask my self, "why do some people derive so much pleasure in hurting people most especially here on NL " is it that their lives are too perfect??..or are they just plain sadist angry ... I am so emotional, I try to protect my feelings and try not to hurt yours....

(1) (Reply)

Photos: 22 Year Old 300L Economics Students Wins Miss Unilorin Contest / Remembering Gen. Sani Abacha (died Today, 8 June 1998) / ISIS Honey ? Is This Where ISIS Gets Their Funds From ? (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.