Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 (34715 Views)

Five Things I Learnt From The Aluu Debacle / Raw Video Of Uniport Aluu 4 Killings Viewers Discretion Advised / One Of The ALUU 4 Killers Caught. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Uchem1(m): 6:49pm On Oct 15, 2012
what a shame!!! Dat mobs will chase policemen on duty away, I'm highly disappointed in nija police. What exactly are they policing

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by chioma134: 6:50pm On Oct 15, 2012
I'm happy those boys are being vindicated.
For those who would believe the worst of them in order to justify their murder,learn that life is not black and white only, evil does not always have to repay evil someone did in the past, evil can visit anyone irrespective of how clean your hands are. Just pray to God that He delivers you from evil.
To the boys,I say rest in peace. I hope u had time to make ur peace with God,and that you're now resting in the bosom of our Lord,free from the pains of this world. Adieu Chiadika,Ugonna,Lloyd and Tekena.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by calabaman(m): 6:51pm On Oct 15, 2012
At last dia names have been cleared. Never doubted dia innocence..... Its my prayer dt ur killers shall not go unpunished. RIP guys!

2 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Horus(m): 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2012

Ugonna

Ugonna
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by polokor60(m): 6:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
His kind gesture to a cold hearted ingrate led to his untimely death alongside with his close friends in the hands of some blood tasty savages.they labelled these innocent young men as cultists/armed robbers and terminated their lives for no just cause.the reward for the kindness of this young lad(ugonna),his close friends chidiaka,lloyd and tekana was for them to be dehumanised(after a naked village parade),they never gave them a chance to defend themselves.at the end they were killed in the most barbaric manner.the heart of a man is desperately wicked.kindness--------> death.

2 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by fashyoung147(m): 6:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
Imagine a silly excuse frm a police boss,how can police officers be chased away with mere stones when they are in possession of gun and teargas,am jst wondering maybe our police men n woman are really trained.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Meddler(f): 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2012
I can't believe I cud read anything that will piss me off more that death of those 4 boys until I read this blatant bullcrap!!!!! WTF!! Does he think the nigerian population is filled with idiots or retarded people like himself.
The IGP shud have done himself a favor and shut his pie hole.
We already know that justice would not be served. Its taking them this long to conduct an investigation meanwhile there's video evidence of the ppl behind the murder. What other investigation are they conducting? Bunch of fockers!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by bijelee(m): 7:01pm On Oct 15, 2012
I watched the gruesome video, my heart bled for them.

We can't overflog this matter, we pray the security operatives see this to a logical end and bring the culprits to book.

So many learning points, these are trying times, each day you wake up to hear of killings all over the place. See what an initial act of kindness, lending has turned to, people are not trustworthy these days, the heart of man is desperately wicked.

RIP to the deceased. May God comfort the families of the bereaved and their loved ones. God, let your peace reign in our nation. Let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just. (Psl 7:9).
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Saintsquare(m): 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2012
The angry mob chased Police with stone,certainly not in naija,I double dare that fellow cos he or she will not live to tell the story.IGP just dey look 4 cheap excuse na ni.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by bknight: 7:09pm On Oct 15, 2012
Pls anyone with a linnk to d video?
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by gulfer: 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2012
Ever watched the film, Big, Fat, Liar? If you did not, you are reading a tale from one here, IGP telling us big fat lies.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: I am not saying that the police did enough to save the lives of those Boys but sometimes stones can be deadly. Watch this video from 4:00. You will see how police ran from stones. wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISMgGdaGOJM
when you see foreign police men being stoned by mob,what do they use to protect themselves,SHEILD!! This is to show you that Nigerian police still have a long way to go! If our police were as advanced as their foreign counterpart,what we are saying here will be a different story. The police should have half of the blames for not saving those young lads.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2012
berem: I hope those heartless nairalanders accusing the slained innocent boys of being cultist and thieves are now burying their heads in shame!

I no dey see their comments again! Heartless i.diots~!

3 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by NET1(m): 7:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
To those who branded those boys as cultists, I hope you've heard the true story.

Something similar happened to me in Port Harcourt 2007. One day, I went on marketing, drive distributing fliers (for the company I was working for). I entered Tantalizers at Nwaja junction in Trans-Amadi to drop some flyers of my company for a program that was forth-coming.

Inside the Restaurant, there was this small, photo studio and I met a young boy there. After exchanging handshakes and other pleasantries, I dropped my flyers and asked him to let people take them, so they can patronize my company.

I had barely left Tantilizers when this boy ran towards me and (with a terrible frown) asked me to come back to Tantalizers. I asked him what the problem was, but he refused to say anything. He insisted that I come, so I obliged ( I had no choice).

When we got there, the boy said the most bizarre thing I have ever heard in my life. He said that when I shook him (handshake), his peni.s got missing. I was bewildered! At this point, people started rushing inside Tantalizers to see the 'Peni.s thief'.

Before I knew what was going on, SLAPS and PUNCHES started coming from Left, Right and Everywhere! I wasnt even given a chance to explain myself. The more I tried to talk, the worse it got for me. It was as if I had a grouse with these people before this time. These people were beating me as if they knew me before

So, after a few punches, someone mustered courage to ask the boy to unzip his Trousers. He did so and alas... the PENI.S was THERE. That was when he said something worse. He then said that the Peni.s is there quite alright, but that it is not working. So, some people became apprehensive of the boy. His story was not straight anymore. First, it was missing; now, it is not working. Which one we go take? Meanwhile, I was writhing in pains, due to the slaps and blows I had received from those vulcanizers and spare parts dealers.

When I saw the thing, I felt like stabbing that boy and dying together with him. Finally, they let me make a few calls. I immediately called my BOSS. He came with some other people and we then went to the Police Station.

By the time we got to Trans-Amadi Police Station, the boy obviously saw it was going to be a Bad-day for him. People of influence started coming. Immediately, the boy started feigning Illiteracy, pretended not to know how to even speak or write English. My BOSS warned him sternly and threatened to deal with him.

Then, a thought came into my mind: Let me take this boy to a Hospital where he can be medically examined to know if actually his peni.s is not working. But on the other hand, I thought: What if this boy had a disease before, and the medical exam proves it. Won't it corroborate his story. After everything, I just decided to let it go.

The way God saved me from that day, I will never forget.

Now, consider this: WHAT IF MY STORY HAPPENED IN ALUU?

6 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by cheleku(m): 7:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
redsun: It is either the IGP is lying or the sister of one of the victim,who said the police casually strolled away from the marcabre scene on their own accord and even told the mob to finish them,was lying.

He shouldnt forget they were cameras all over the place that recorded most scenes and all that could be scanned to see and hear what actually happened.
common man. It should be obvious who is lying here. From the IG's comment, the policemen were chased away by the angry mob with stones. Doesnt it sound ridiculous that armed police men were chased away by a stone- wielding mob. What has happned to warning shots? I doubt if they mob wouldnt have dispersed had the police fired warning shots.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by starlightRR(m): 7:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
ItsModella: This is just crap. How can the policemen who are usually armed with guns be chased away with stones?

You should see a policeman on the expressway, they can easily shoot into the air just to stop a driver and here someone is saying the mobs chased away the police with stones.....NEXT LIE JOR
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Adagba1: 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2012
I used to think that babarism only exist in the northern part of Nigeria.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by ubaobi: 7:24pm On Oct 15, 2012
when its time to die, nothin can save u. even when all that is needed to save u is close to u...i knew there was somethin wrong wit d story...R.I.P to d boys...my heart bleeds for them.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by polokor60(m): 7:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
seriallink:

they have buried their confused/judgemental heads in shame.once again shame on them.

5 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by bbporsche: 7:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
[B] Alhaji Hassan Welewa, the Traditional Ruler of Omukiri Community, Aluu[B]

Is it jst me or has anybody wondered y an Hausa man is the traditional ruler of an Ikwerre community Very soon southerners will be governors in d north ˚˚˚°ºH!!
Jst an observation.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Horus(m): 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
cheleku:
common man. It should be obvious who is lying here. From the IG's comment, the policemen were chased away by the angry mob with stones. Doesnt it sound ridiculous that armed police men were chased away by a stone- wielding mob. What has happned to warning shots? I doubt if they mob wouldnt have dispersed had the police fired warning shots.

Normally after just one shot in the air most of the people in the crowd will start running for their life. Something else doesn't add up: Why the police returned to the police station for backup when they could have just used their phones or make that call for backup with the police-radio in their car?.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by casestudy: 7:36pm On Oct 15, 2012
how dem wan take pursue mobs talkless of armed robbers when dem don chop belleful like this??

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by somegirl1: 7:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
They should have spelt their names right since stones prevented police from saving them mtschew...
.NET:
To those who branded those boys as cultists, I hope you've heard the true story.

Something similar happened to me in Port Harcourt 2007. One day, I went on marketing, drive distributing fliers (for the company I was working for). I entered Tantalizers at Nwaja junction in Trans-Amadi to drop some flyers of my company for a program that was forth-coming.

Inside the Restaurant, there was this small, photo studio and I met a young boy there. After exchanging handshakes and other pleasantries, I dropped my flyers and asked him to let people take them, so they can patronize my company.

I had barely left Tantilizers when this boy ran towards me and (with a terrible frown) asked me to come back to Tantalizers. I asked him what the problem was, but he refused to say anything. He insisted that I come, so I obliged ( I had no choice).

When we got there, the boy said the most bizarre thing I have ever heard in my life. He said that when I shook him (handshake), his peni.s got missing. I was bewildered! At this point, people started rushing inside Tantalizers to see the 'Peni.s thief'...............................

crazy

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by afolayangs(m): 7:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
Horus: [size=17pt]Police: Why we could not save the Port Harcourt 4[/size]

Published on October 15, 2012

Nigeria’s police boss, Mohammed Abubakar has revealed why the police failed to save the four students of the University of Port Harcourt, gruesomely killed by a mob in Aluu, in Rivers state on 5 October. In a statement issued today in Abuja, titled ‘Update ON ON-GOING INVESTIGATIONS ON ALUU KILLING: Rivers State: Murder of Four (4) Students of University of Port-Harcourt:”, the Inspector General of police explained that his men were chased away with stones by the mob attacking the boys. He said when a reinforced team of policemen returned to the scene, the boys had been killed and burnt by the mob.“On 5th October, 2012 at about 0700Hrs, based on a distress call that some armed robbers were arrested at Omukiri-Aluu area in Ikwerre LGA, a patrol team of four Policemen from Isiokpo Divisional Police Headquarters was dispatched to the area, a distance of about 10kms. The Police on getting to the scene met a mob attack on four victims who were supposedly the suspected armed robbers. Attempt made by the Police Patrol Team to take over the suspects were met with stiff opposition from the mob who chased the team with stones. “Consequently, the Patrol Team called for reinforcements, but unfortunately, upon the arrival of the reinforcements, the alleged armed robbery suspects have been stoned and burnt to death, while the mob immediately took to their heels. The corpses were recovered by the Police who by then have been joined by members of the Joint Task Force (JTF).”The students killed were: Ugunna Obuzor- aged 18 Years; 200 Level Geology student; Lloyd Toku- aged 19 Years; 200 Level Civil Engineering student; Tekena Elkanah- aged 20 Years, a Diploma Technical student and Chiadaka Odinga- aged 20 Years, 200 Level Theatre Arts student.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-0Qrxmzia3zU/T2IKn4hohBI/AAAAAAAAC8o/D72usgh-nHM/s400/Abubakar_Addressing.jpg[/img]
Mohammed Abubakar

The Inspector General’s statements only confirmed the criticisms by witnesses that the police simply abandoned the students to their fate when they got to the scene of lynching. A relation of one of the victims actually accused the police of encouraging the mob to kill the boys.
However, the IGP was not join issues with critics but went on to outline the efforts the police are making to arrest the culprits.
Abubakar said the Police immediately launched an investigation leading to the arrest (based on information) of Alhaji Hassan Welewa, the Traditional Ruler of Omukiri Community, Aluu where the heinous incident took place and eighteen (18) others, some of whom are members of the vigilante group of the community. “Intelligence report implicated Alhaji Hassan Welewa, as being the person who incited the mob to unleash terror on the victims. Further investigation conducted by the police indicates that four (4) suspects, namely: Felemo Solomon; Cynthia Chinwo; Ozioma Abajuo and Chigozie Samuel Evans have been closely linked to this barbarous act. “Findings have revealed that the victims had gone to the area where they met their unfortunate death earlier that morning to demand for money allegedly owed to them by Coxson Lelebori Lucky, alias ‘Bright’, who raised a false alarm that the victims were armed robbers. Although, Coxson has gone underground, Detectives are on his trail. Investigation is ongoing with efforts being intensified to track down others who are involved in the incident. Those who are found culpable shall be prosecuted. Abubakar said the police have in the meantime made a massive deployment of Policemen to the area, including detectives to assist the State Police Command. “Normalcy has been restored in the area, while the situation in the area, especially in the University and other tertiary institutions are being closely monitored with a view to forestalling any untoward reactions. “Efforts are being intensified to establish the motive(s) behind this crime, arrest all who may be directly or indirectly connected with the crime and eventually bring all indicted persons to book. “I wish to use this medium to advice and appeal to Nigerians to see it as their civic obligation in the fight against crime and criminality, to assist security agencies in the discharge of their responsibility. Security is everybody’s responsibility and so, should not be abandoned in the hands of security agencies alone. The maximum cooperation of the public is needed to ensure that Nigeria is safe for all. “Nigerians are further reminded to avoid taking laws into their hands, as two wrongs can never make a right. More so, it is criminal and against the laws of the land and those that do so will surely be made to face the full wrath of the law. “In addition, the IGP appeals to citizens who might have information touching on this and other on-going Police investigation not to hesitate in turning over such information to the Nigeria Police Force. “May I assure Nigerians that the Police Force will do everything legitimate, within its capacity, to ensure that perpetrators of these dastardly acts at Aluu in Rivers State are identified and made to face the law.

Source: http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/15/police-why-we-could-not-save-the-port-harcourt-4/
oga IGP, y Ūя̲̅ boys no use tear gas. Its a huge shame on you sir

3 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by redsun(m): 7:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
cheleku:

If an IGP is lying to the world on camera over a gruesome issur like that,it means he has given himself a boot from the force then.Not fit for purpose,and to think that he is the best nigeria police has to offer so far,will tell you what nigerian police is made of.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
seriallink:

you won't see them na! Wetin dem wan talk? One of them don curse me tire because I condemn Aluu people! Now what makes them different from the wicked Aluu community? Anybody wey support bad thing go follow get im own portion.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by fuckurfeelings: 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
I don't think the IGP Mohammed Abubakar knows what he's saying, am so dissappointed in his statement that his men were been chase with stones ,is he alright or don't he think twice before coming out to say that, how could a force personel be afraid to curb crime with guns in their hands, what's really going on in this country ,very annoying statement and they go away with the rubbish they are saying about in nigeria,is only in Nigeria shit like this happen and go away.... it's a pity that nigeria is becoming something else ,no security of lifes and properties ,noone cares about anybody again even the government ,all man are on there own, Mohammed Abubakar should be ashame of himself coming out to say his men are chase away from them to save a live of four people ,can you please, imagine that statement coming out of his mouth ....wrong people handling the affair of the country,how you think the country will move forward...bullshit embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry cry cry cry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Prestonvic(m): 7:45pm On Oct 15, 2012
ItsModella: This is just crap. How can the policemen who are usually armed with guns be chased away with stones?

Policemen are not permitted to shoot anyhow so as not to kill innocent people.
Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 15, 2012
Prestonvic:

Policemen are not permitted to shoot anyhow so as not to kill innocent people.
Those Aluu indigenes are obviously not innocent. The police could have stopped them from killing those four boys by firing a few shots in the air. Now they come up with this flimsy tale of being chased away with stones. But when it comes to harassing and killing innocent people, they'll be the first to appear at the scene.

5 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by ochukoccna: 7:54pm On Oct 15, 2012
Ain't no love in the city
RIP ALUU 4 cry cry cry

IGP Abubakar, keep your bullsh*t story to yourself
I dedicate the pictures below to you

2 Likes

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by Burger01(m): 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2012
Not a single tear gas canister fired to try disperse the fu..ck...ers, Naija police na wa o. You are always blameless.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why We Couldn't Save The Aluu 4 by okeyalbert: 8:05pm On Oct 15, 2012
Police lie lie. If Na peaceful demonstration they will shot gun and tear gas wounding innocent citizen. Now they have to lie to cover their incompetency.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Generator Thief Caught By A Soldier In Surulere, Made To Clear Everywhere / SARS Leave With Occupants’ Generators For Not Being At Home During A Raid / Man Cuts Off Wife's Hand For Not Getting Pregnant (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.