Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Before I Make That Decision - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before I Make That Decision (856 Views)

How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? / Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? / Before I Make That Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before I Make That Decision by herostarlingy: 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
I'm Starling (from the Eastern part, Nigeria) and got married sometimes in August 2011, after my masters in the United Kingdom. I was based in Manchester, but my fiancé (Now wife works and base in Lagos and was pregnant three weeks after our honeymoon in the United Kingdom.

For her: She works as a Human Resource Person in one of those reputed Real Estate Firms in Lagos (Ajah to be precise) and currently on a monthly salary N 280,000.00.; a three bed apartment in Lakki; and three official cars, which two are brand new and now in her name. (I am giving this information to allow for a critical and better advice from NLanders).

Like I said earlier, she was pregnant for our baby after the honeymoon- but we loss the child at delivery sometimes this year.
My wife, (my guardian Angel, I call her), I must confess has been the happiest thing that has ever happened to me in many years now. She is so humble, understanding, careering, polite and of all, God fearing. She has been my back born, wife, sister and of all, my best friend)

Me: During my Masters days in the United Kingdom, I do import electronic products (LCD, Plasma TV, and Home Theatre) from the UK and the United States to Nigeria for sale, while its proceeds it sent back to me the United Kingdom. You can say I was self employed and also a salary earner in the United Kingdom. In every aspect of life, we face challenges, and such business, you can never rule that out too. My business suffered a setback in 2011 ending when my goods were stolen at the Lagos Apapa Wharf (point of clearing) - with the connival of a new agent I started using; but that I have rested in the hands of God.

With the hash economic satiation in the United Kingdom, coupled with the fact that I was expecting my first child, I relocated to Nigeria early this year, and since then, I have managed to gather some funds and engaged in a little importation business from China.

The Main Issue: Two months after the loss our baby, I relocated to Bayelsa State to resume a new job in an Oil Servicing Company (though, I got the job two months before the delivery period of our baby, but have to shift it to witness the arrival of our little boy).

As I type this post, its three months down the line with my present company (on a salary of N150, 000.00) even my first month salary is not complete yet, and the probability of it being paid any time soon is below 40 percent.

This is where I seek the advice of matured people in the house.

Should I leave this job and return to Lagos to be with my wife (who is presently undergoing certain medical issues/complications as a result of the last pregnancy), since I have the intention to continue on my importation business, or should I remain here to sort for another job?

NB: We are both 32 and 28 years respectively. And please pardon my typo error(s), as I'm busy and have to hurriedly type to seek for advice.
I patiently wait for your advice. Thanks
Re: Before I Make That Decision by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2012
hero.starling@y:
I'm Starling (from the Eastern part, Nigeria) and got married sometimes in August 2011, after my masters in the United Kingdom. I was based in Manchester, but my fiancé (Now wife works and base in Lagos and was pregnant three weeks after our honeymoon in the United Kingdom.

For her: She works as a Human Resource Person in one of those reputed Real Estate Firms in Lagos (Ajah to be precise) and currently on a monthly salary N 280,000.00.; a three bed apartment in Lakki; and three official cars, which two are brand new and now in her name. (I am giving this information to allow for a critical and better advice from NLanders).

Like I said earlier, she was pregnant for our baby after the honeymoon- but we loss the child at delivery sometimes this year.
My wife, (my guardian Angel, I call her), I must confess has been the happiest thing that has ever happened to me in many years now. She is so humble, understanding, careering, polite and of all, God fearing. She has been my back born, wife, sister and of all, my best friend)

Me: During my Masters days in the United Kingdom, I do import electronic products (LCD, Plasma TV, and Home Theatre) from the UK and the United States to Nigeria for sale, while its proceeds it sent back to me the United Kingdom. You can say I was self employed and also a salary earner in the United Kingdom. In every aspect of life, we face challenges, and such business, you can never rule that out too. My business suffered a setback in 2011 ending when my goods were stolen at the Lagos Apapa Wharf (point of clearing) - with the connival of a new agent I started using; but that I have rested in the hands of God.

With the hash economic satiation in the United Kingdom, coupled with the fact that I was expecting my first child, I relocated to Nigeria early this year, and since then, I have managed to gather some funds and engaged in a little importation business from China.

The Main Issue: Two months after the loss our baby, I relocated to Bayelsa State to resume a new job in an Oil Servicing Company (though, I got the job two months before the delivery period of our baby, but have to shift it to witness the arrival of our little boy).

As I type this post, its three months down the line with my present company (on a salary of N150, 000.00) even my first month salary is not complete yet, and the probability of it being paid any time soon is below 40 percent.

This is where I seek the advice of matured people in the house.

Should I leave this job and return to Lagos to be with my wife (who is presently undergoing certain medical issues/complications as a result of the last pregnancy), since I have the intention to continue on my importation business, or should I remain here to sort for another job?

NB: We are both 32 and 28 years respectively. And please pardon my typo error(s), as I'm busy and have to hurriedly type to seek for advice.
I patiently wait for your advice. Thanks

I think you've already decided to go back to lagos but since you asked . . .

I am not an advocate of couple living apart except when it's absolutely neccesary.

If anything happens to your wife (God forbid) in your absence, what will you do

Like you said, you are already engaging in some sort of business and your present job is not exactly your dream job. Why stay apart for something that's not worth it. Please go back to your wife abeg.
Re: Before I Make That Decision by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2012
Sorry about the loss of your baby and Madams condition. Before you get back into the business please do better research and ground work. Discuss with Madam, Couples are better at deciding these matters together, make a concrete plan and draw up a budget and timeline if you decide to go back into business. Talk with her, both of you know your financial condition and as you have said she is good so I feel the best planning will be done with her and not from any advice here.
Sorry for your loss and best wishes. Remember, we all go through hard times but few are blessed with supportive patners, treat her well.
Re: Before I Make That Decision by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 15, 2012
Please go back to Lagos , your wife will not tell you cos she wants to be supportive of any decision you make but deep down her she needs you esp now, and focus on the other business, come to think of it you are renting where you are now , couple with other expenses; food, gas, and so on( racking up to almost N150,000 you don't even earn there)

and you will save if both of you are together and focus on this business.

Good luck and I wish your wife quick recovery.
Re: Before I Make That Decision by nameoh: 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
Poster,
Bros pls i will like to tell u something which i dont want to say on nairaland.
Please can u drop me an email at, meetmefst@yahoo.com.
Hope to hear from u.
Abum nwa nna.

(1) (Reply)

Gate Automation (automatic Gate Opener) Call 07033992255 / What Did You Do When Your First Child Was Born? / Looking For Higher Mystical Powers To Overcome Ur Marriage Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.