Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! (1599 Views)

Scene Of The Bomb Blast In Zaria, Kaduna State (Graphic Photos) / Jonathan Commissions New Govt House After PDP Finale Rally In Asaba / Pictures From APC. Grand Finale Rally In Osogbo Osun State Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by Gaybriel: 6:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
Please note, I am not a politician but i was amazed by the ACN grand finale rally in Democracy park in Akure. All the governors of the southwest were present including the governor of Edo state, governor Adams Oshiomole. From the rally, I wish to state that i'm proud to be a yoruba man. Governor Fashola seems to be the M.C. He was speaking yoruba all through. When he gave the mic to Governor Oshiomole, he also started speaking Yoruba but waoh he could not speak yoruba fluently then he switched over to English language. Adams Oshiomole actually didn't speak much. Then the mic was passed to Governor Fayemi of Ekiti state who said Governor Fashola is their class captain and Governor Oshiomole is the deputy class captain. He actually boasted about his achievements and challenge all Ondo people to compare all road that link Ondo and Ekiti states together. He said Ekiti state is now better than Ondo state. To buttress his point he was mentioning names of places that has boundaries with Ondo state. This shows that he is actually working. Then when it was Governor Rauf Aregbesola's time, he started with islamic prayers and then began singing. All i could say about him is that he is a good political singer. After that Governor Ajimobi of Oyo state spoke. He started with an historical story of Iroko tree. In fact, that story shows that iroko tree is the king of all tree but it is still buried by another tree which represent aketi. I must confess, the way he said the story showed that story telling belong to the Oyo people. Then Governor Amosun of Ogun state talked about the cordial relationship between Lagos and Ogun state. And also enjoined the people of Ondo state to come into the Awolowo's fold. After all have spoken then the National leader of ACN Asiwaju Bola Tinubu spoke. He started by reminding the people how Ondo state refused to be rigged in 1983. He also said that Ondo state does not need MEGA SCHOOL but functional model schools. He said he did MEGA SCHOOLS in Lagos because of the population density. He said for example Oshodi area then had about 10000 students in that area but that there is no population challenge that demands Mega school in Ondo state. He also berated Governor Olusegun Mimiko by saying he is a liar and deceitful. He said Mimiko was a commissioner of health under Adefarati but betrayed him at end claiming one governor one term. He said Mimiko who is now criticising Agagu was the Secretary to the state govt under Agagu. He said if Agagu was bad while did he took appointment under him. He said Mimiko also betrayed Agagu claiming one governor one term and now he wants to go again. Funny enough, tinubu was quoting different bible portion. He said the bible says a tree that does not bear good fruit should be cut down, and therefore Iroko will be cut down. When the ACN candidate, Aketi, came on board, listening to him for the first time after many things i've heard about him on nairaland i could conclude that he is a reserved man and a man of few words. He said by the time he's voted in, there could be GREAT WESTERN UNIVERSITY whose campuses would be in each state in the southwest state. He also said there would be hope of creation of refinery in the southwest as all the states in southwest will pull resources together. Finally, he said the Ilaje area of the state will be made a tourist attraction which would generate revenue for the state. I wish Aketi won cos of the love all the southwest governors including the Edo state governor showed today. They seems ready for mutual assistance. We as yoruba must unite together as one. Ondo state should not be left out. Pls comment without insulting me cos i only express my view. Who do you think will take the day Aketi, Mimiko or Oke?

7 Likes

Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by MajeOfficial: 6:55pm On Oct 15, 2012
Great show of solidarity!
Nice to see a real opposition arising in Nigeria that will really change the direction of our democracy.
Like ANC or not, they're giving people in Nigeria an option which hasn't existed in ages.

I predict they'll win.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by Gaybriel: 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2012
In addition, Tinubu also said that for those who have been saying Fashola did better than him, he wish to inform them that he is happy about that. That it is the prayer of a parent that his children should surpass him. He then prayed that may our children be greater than us. Note, i didn't go for their rally but only watched it on NTA AKURE STATION

2 Likes

Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by peckhamboi: 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2012
Akure Mega rally today

Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by emiye(m): 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
I hope this rally counts on saturday.
Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by obowunmi(m): 11:23pm On Oct 15, 2012
Mimiko all the way. Olusegun Mimiko.

1 Like

Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by Nobody: 2:36am On Oct 16, 2012
Best of luck to Akeredolu!

2 Likes

Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by dayokanu(m): 2:52am On Oct 16, 2012
ACN na him we want ooo

1 Like

Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by dayokanu(m): 2:53am On Oct 16, 2012
Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by dayokanu(m): 2:58am On Oct 16, 2012
Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by dayokanu(m): 3:00am On Oct 16, 2012
Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by lagcity(m): 6:29am On Oct 16, 2012
We want Ondo on the Awo train! God bless the Yoruba Nation!

2 Likes

Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by Austinodark(m): 9:23am On Oct 16, 2012
Imported crowd from Lagos,Ondo state is LP,Mimiko all the way,In iroko we stand!

1 Like

Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by Aderostock(m): 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
In jesus name, Akeredolu will win and the full integration of South-West will emerge. God bless Yorubaland, God bless Omo oduduwa, God bless South-Westerners.

6 Likes

Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by nezer76(m): 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
Austinodark: Imported crowd from Lagos,Ondo state is LP,Mimiko all the way,In iroko we stand!

when the good aged yoruba father sense an unworthy habit or xter in a child u knw wht he will say to him? 'omo ale ni iwo yi' pal i think dat is who u are to d yoruba race. It is d solitary nature of a snake dat makes it prey , but consider when they move uniformly the hunter that will confront them must be prepare 4 a finishing batter. Yorubas are one and we are proud of dat regardless of where ever crowd are imported from so long they are yorubas we are brothers .perphase u 4got even d so called iroko in d bush can nt govern d forest alone. y shld ondo state be alone?.

1 Like

Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by EkoAtlantic: 12:06am On Oct 17, 2012
i've got no probs with Mimiko, i learnt he ain't bad.
All we want is the progress of the old Western region(S/West and Edo).
Which ever party(ACN, LP) wins, we musn't allow the killer party amidst us. Oke isn't aswell a bad guy, but that his party has no stay in our land.

Good luck to Ondo people as they make the right choice.

GOD bless the Yoruba-Edo Race
Forward ever to EDO and S/West States.
Re: ACN Grand Finale Rally In ONDO State Was The Bomb! by obowunmi(m): 1:01am On Oct 17, 2012
God bless Mimiko.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Onitsha Traders Stoning Peter Obi And Obiano / Gov. Akpabio Petitions Chief Assam Assam SAN / In Photo : Emir Of Kano Pays A Visit To Bola Tinubu In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.