Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,568 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (58697 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Fhemmmy: 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2012
thelastPope:

I don't get you sorry. Are you saying because Abraham did great sacrifices, he was exempted from tithes or what? Are you saying I should pay tithes because I didn't do as much sacrifice as Abraham? I don't get it

Remember you came around and said : cos Abram did not pay tithe, why should you? now i am putting it to you that if you wanna follow someone, follow all the way and not pick and chose what you feel is right.
Same Bible where Tithe was mentioned (instructed) Same Bible where Abram is, so if you because of Abram not paying tithe, could you do close to what he did, so dont say you cant get me, Sir . . it is simple analogy
Besides, we were told that the bible was written for our teaching, and instructions and more, so why do we select what is convenient and leave those that has to do with money?
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by PastorKun(m): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2012
Fhemmmy:

The kinda of sacrifices that Abraham did, could you get close to it?
When God told him to get up and go to lands he never knew, could you? When he told him to go and sacrifice his child, could you even think of it?
It is easier for us to pick and chose what part of the bible that is fun to us and yet leave the other?

If we wanna follow the example of what someone did, we shd be willing to follow it all the way . . .

We are called to follow christ and NOT abraham. Abraham allowed his wife sarah to commit adultery and even slept and had a child with his wife's maid, going by your rational are we also to copy these examples from Abraham?
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Fhemmmy: 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2012
Pastor Kun:

We are called to follow christ and NOT abraham. Abraham allowed his wife sarah to commit adultery and even slept and had a child with his wife's maid, going by your rational are we also to copy these examples from Abraham?

Read my comment well, i never told you to follow no one . . . Only asking the gentleman if he is willing to do all Abran did since he is following Abram footstep as the reason why he is not paying tithe . . .
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Joagbaje(m): 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
frosbel:

in which case, I can also buy a bottle of brandy with my tithes and plenty of good food as the bible says we should , no ?

"25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: 26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household" - Deuteronomy 14:25-26

I mean if we are going to practise tithing we must do it with 100% accuracy , right ?

There were 3 kinds of tithes . The one for the poor is done every three years . And it doesnt take the place of the anual one which has to be taken to the place of worship
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]Deutronomy26:12 ----when thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase,the third year which is the year of tithing,and hast given it unto the levite,the stranger,the fatherless,and the widow,that they may eat within thy gates and be filled

13,Then thou shalt say before the lord thy God,I have brought away the hallowed things out of mine house,and also have given them to the levite,the stranger,the fatherless,and the widow,according to all thy commandments which thou hast commanded me:I have not transgressed thy commadments,neither have I forgotten them

Malachi3:8-------Will a man Rob God? Yet ye have robbed me.but ye say,wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

9,Ye are cursed with a curse :for ye have robbed me,even this whole nation
10, Bring ye all all the tithes into the store house,that there be meat in my house and prove me now herewith, saith the lord of hosts,if I will not open the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be enough room to receive it
(Culled from the KJV)

These pastors keep sounding malachi,yet they keep deutronomy in the dark...they talk about tithe in malachi,yet the forget about malachi 1:7 telling all and sundry 2 kip bringin to them without reference that God doesn't like polluted bread,bread sought via crime,prostitution,corrupt practices
,The table of God is contemptible,they equate blessings of God only in money volumes,knowing that capitalism has made us do many ills in search of dollars,euros and naira ...they keep drumming about tithes,they forget to talk about being contented...the kip talking about money,money,money! Church structures every where,yet crime and abomination is on the increase....they forget telling ppl abt doing unto others how we would want others do unto us....These niqqas sef! #AllJoin
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by StOla: 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
@Joagbaje, you have rightly said "there were 3 types of tithes". Yes tithes belong to the past, the decayed old testament that has withered-away. It has no business with the New Covenant. The blood of Christ has put to dead the reasons for such mandatory offering. Is it such rocket science to understand that Christ died for a reason? To perfect our reconciliation with God, which tithes, offerings, burnt offerings and the like could not accomplish. God in his own words has said "in those days, a new covenant I shall make with my people". In saying new, he therefore makes the former old."your offerings and sacrifices have not pleased me". He found a way to make it perfect yet you OBSTINATELY insist you want to be justified by that he which he has annulled. Next time a request is made for your tithes, ask to see the Levite who has refused the redemption of Christ, except you are a Jew.

Enough of the Malachi bullshit, Its not a new testament text, serving no purpose in this Christian Arguement. We all know Jews paid tithes as COMMANDED to, which they paid to Levites only as COMMANDED by God. As there no Levites, they have promptly stopped the practice. The same God that promised blessings and curses on tithes, has now said he has no interest, having provided a onetime everlasting sacrifice of the lamb of God.

Please read your bibles and not where the "MOG" INSTRUCT you to read.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Boomark(m): 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
A-ZeD:

When two or three are gathered in my name, i am there... So my place of worship can be under the bridge with two beggars.
Its not a tithe until it passed through a pastor? I thought we were all pastors called to proclaim the good news..

Hahaha. You are there!

I have not heard any of them mention our Highpriest Lord Jesus and what He wants. The are busy protecting their pastors pocket.

Forgetting that all of us are now priest(pastors) according to the new covenant, 1Peter2:5.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Boomark(m): 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2012
Joagbaje:

There were 3 kinds of tithes . The one for the poor is done every three years . And it doesnt take the place of the anual one which has to be taken to the place of worship

what of the other kinds of tithe. Also tell us Why the other kinds are now every week.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
A-ZeD:

I'm not trying to ignore anything. Its you. Jesus observed the sabbath, celebrated passover all biblical. Do you practice those too?
The law of Moses requires giving burnt sacrifices... Do you do that? If not why?

Wondeful question that most Nairaland christians cannot answer directly grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2012
A-ZeD:
I've never said tithing is wrong. Jesus says we should give with our hearts not grudgingly or out of compulsion. So i encourage people to give. Whatever name you call it(Tithe, offering, seed na you sabi.) its your choice.

On a side note, Jesus said give to the poor so many times but he never said give the {insert any name} to the poor. The key word was/is give not the name of what you are giving.

I dey feel your point jare, no body dey condemn tithe, we only dey try to adapt to the NT. cool
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2012
Pastor Kun:

That is showing Love. Pastors should show love to the poor in the church, they have much time with the rich and less time or no time with the poor. Yet they preach of tithe.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Joagbaje(m): 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
Boomark:

what of the other kinds of tithe. Also tell us Why the other kinds are now every week.

Nobody says tithe must be weekly. It depends on individual . It can be daily or yearly or monthly or weekly . It was yearly in bible days officially for the nation because they were farmers by default and harvest was annUal by default.

Tithing is a spiritual principle . We must not follow the detail of the OT structure. we look betting the letters to see rather into the spirit behind it. Or the principle . That's what count. Tithes , offerings , prayers, fasting, worship , etc are all spiritual principles. If you believe them , they work for you . If you don't believe them no problem.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
Joagbaje:

Nobody says tithe must be weekly. It depends on individual . It can be daily or yearly or monthly or weekly . It was yearly in bible days officially for the nation because they were farmers by default and harvest was annUal by default.

Tithing is a spiritual principle . We must not follow the detail of the OT structure. we look betting the letters to see rather into the spirit behind it. Or the principle . That's what count. Tithes , offerings , prayers, fasting, worship , etc are all spiritual principles. If you believe them , they work for you . If you don't believe them no problem.

So Christ didn't nailed it on the cross like He did to other old laws? undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by thelastPope(m): 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Remember you came around and said : cos Abram did not pay tithe, why should you? now i am putting it to you that if you wanna follow someone, follow all the way and not pick and chose what you feel is right.
Same Bible where Tithe was mentioned (instructed) Same Bible where Abram is, so if you because of Abram not paying tithe, could you do close to what he did, so dont say you cant get me, Sir . . it is simple analogy
Besides, we were told that the bible was written for our teaching, and instructions and more, so why do we select what is convenient and leave those that has to do with money?

I am sorry but your statement is a little funny. We are discussing a doctrine not somebody's life style or achievements. A doctrine! I said Abraham did not pay tithe anywhere else because people are using him as an example why they tithe. This is not a competition but a doctrine. It has nothing to do with a man's achievements.

Do you burn incense? The israelites did. Do you demand compulsory circumcission? Abraham and and all jews do. Do you alters and sacrifice animals? Abraham did. Why don't we do all these things anymore? Because they were abolished when Jesus came and fuffiled the law. Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law including the curse of tithing! Gal 3:16. The Word of God that is wrttien for our instruction are not all the laws that were written in the books of numbers, leviticus and malachi. If it was, then we should be doing every other thing written there too, not just tithing.

Does that make the old testament useless? Not at all because the law was a type and shadow of the new. There are many things in the old testament that were also established in the new like communion, fasting, prayer, frewill giving, ritheous living, etc. But tithing was not mentioned. Why was it not mentioned? Because it was no longer relevant. Also, there are no priests in the new testament who rule over the people and mediate between them and God. We are all priests now according to Rev 5:10

And lastly, the argument that those who oppose tithing don't want to talk about money if too mundane. Many of those who oppose tithing give far more than 10% of their income. I have giving my car before as a freewill seed. So your argument is petty.

The issue is simple. Is tithing scriptural for a new testament believer and are we instructed to tithe? And the answer is a big NO!
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Joagbaje(m): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2012
St.Ola:
@Joagbaje, you have rightly said "there were 3 types of tithes". Yes tithes belong to the past, the decayed old testament that has withered-away. It has no business with the New Covenant. The blood of Christ has put to dead the reasons for such mandatory offering. Is it such rocket science to understand that Christ died for a reason? To perfect our reconciliation with God, which tithes, offerings, burnt offerings and the like could not accomplish. God in his own words has said "in those days, a new covenant I shall make with my people". In saying new, he therefore makes the former old."your offerings and sacrifices have not pleased me". He found a way to make it perfect yet you OBSTINATELY insist you want to be justified by that he which he has annulled. Next time a request is made for your tithes, ask to see the Levite who has refused the redemption of Christ, except you are a Jew.

Enough of the Malachi bullshit, Its not a new testament text, serving no purpose in this Christian Arguement. We all know Jews paid tithes as COMMANDED to, which they paid to Levites only as COMMANDED by God. As there no Levites, they have promptly stopped the practice. The same God that promised blessings and curses on tithes, has now said he has no interest, having provided a onetime everlasting sacrifice of the lamb of God.

God never stopped tithes . Or offerings . He may not accept blood sacrifice because Jesus blood had covered all. But the principle of offerings is still there. You can't have true worship without offerings and sacrifice . The spiritual principles of God are eternal .

You can't say because Jesus had prayed for us or interceding for us so we should never pray again. Hope you get my point

Please read your bibles and not where the "MOG" INSTRUCT you to read.[/quote]

God be
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Fhemmmy: 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2012
thelastPope:

I am sorry but your statement is a little funny. We are discussing a doctrine not somebody's life style or achievements. A doctrine! I said Abraham did not pay tithe anywhere else because people are using him as an example why they tithe. This is not a competition but a doctrine. It has nothing to do with a man's achievements.

Do you burn incense? The israelites did. Do you demand compulsory circumcission? Abraham and and all jews do. Do you alters and sacrifice animals? Abraham did. Why don't we do all these things anymore? Because they were abolished when Jesus came and fuffiled the law. Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law including the curse of tithing! Gal 3:16. The Word of God that is wrttien for our instruction are not all the laws that were written in the books of numbers, leviticus and malachi. If it was, then we should be doing every other thing written there too, not just tithing.

^^^ There are still so many churches today that burn incense . . . and like someone said, it is not cos of what Abram did, but cos of what the bible said, i paid tithe, not cos i see other paying or not paying, but cos God's word - The Bible said it.
But i find it more funny when someone said cos of what someone did in the bible, they wanna follow same footstep but wont follow the rest of what the person did.
Tithing is scriptural and it is not about what part of the bible it was mentioned, and i have given some other part of new testament where you could refer to as tithing . . .
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by thelastPope(m): 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2012
Joagbaje:

Congratulations! You just created the foundation for anybody to do what they like. From your position above, anyone can form their own doctrine and claim its a spiritual principle and claim that it works for them. There's a reason Rev 22 says you should not add or subtract from God's Word. Because of the kind of thing you just did.

The written word is the logos of God. It is the only guidaince for every believer in Christ. If you do anything and claim you are walking in some kind of spiritual principle that only you can verify and authenticate, then you are way into error and spreading some doctrine of devils. Anything outside the instruction of God's Word is a lie! You cannot write your own bible and you cannot create your own rules in the kingdom of God. You follow what has been handed over to us. All scripture is given by the inspiration of God. You are way out of line there!
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 4:31pm On Oct 18, 2012
When Jesus came, He kept the seventh day all His life. Luke 4:16; John 15:10.
Thus He followed His Father's (GOD)'s example at creation. Shall we not be safe in following the example of both the Father and the Son? Waw there numerous verses of how Christ paid tithe that we are so down with this issue? Instead of following His steps !

The seventh day is the Lord's day. Revelation 1:10; Mark 2:28; Isaiah 58:13; Exodus 20:10.

Jesus was Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28), that is, to love and protect it, as the husband is the lord of the wife, to love and cherish her. 1 Peter 3:6.

Christ vindicated the Sabbath as a merciful method designed for man's good. Mark 2:23-28.

Instead of abolishing the Sabbath, He carefully taught how it should be observed. Matthew 12:1-13. Yet Christian stil ignore this shocked Oh, they will not go and work or have fun on Saturday if they should observe Gods sabbath undecided Yet persuade the poor people to Obey the Tithe law as if it was for the Love of God. If you truelly love God, keep his Sabbath.
And continue with your tithe dont be hypocrits..............;
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by thelastPope(m): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
Fhemmmy:

^^^ There are still so many churches today that burn incense . . . and like someone said, it is not cos of what Abram did, but cos of what the bible said, i paid tithe, not cos i see other paying or not paying, but cos God's word - The Bible said it.
But i find it more funny when someone said cos of what someone did in the bible, they wanna follow same footstep but wont follow the rest of what the person did.
Tithing is scriptural and it is not about what part of the bible it was mentioned, and i have given some other part of new testament where you could refer to as tithing . . .

Maybe we need to establish the basics here. Do you understand the difference between the old covenant(testament) and the new covenant(testament)?
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 4:34pm On Oct 18, 2012
Joagbaje:

Wonders shall never end in NL shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by thelastPope(m): 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2012
plappville: When Jesus came, He kept the seventh day all His life. Luke 4:16; John 15:10.
Thus He followed His Father's (GOD)'s example at creation. Shall we not be safe in following the example of both the Father and the Son? Waw there numerous verses of how Christ paid tithe that we are so down with this issue? Instead of following His steps !

The seventh day is the Lord's day. Revelation 1:10; Mark 2:28; Isaiah 58:13; Exodus 20:10.

Jesus was Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28), that is, to love and protect it, as the husband is the lord of the wife, to love and cherish her. 1 Peter 3:6.

Christ vindicated the Sabbath as a merciful method designed for man's good. Mark 2:23-28.

Instead of abolishing the Sabbath, He carefully taught how it should be observed. Matthew 12:1-13. Yet Christian stil ignore this shocked Oh, they will not go and work or have fun on Saturday if they should observe Gods sabbath undecided Yet persuade the poor people to Obey the Tithe law as if it was for the Love of God. If you truelly love God, keep his Sabbath.
And continue with your tithe dont be hypocrits..............;

The point is Jesus lived in the old covenant, not in the new. His death and ressurection ushered in the new testament or covenant. So during His life and ministry, He observed the old covenant. He is the fufillment of the law. That is why He said, a new commandment I give unto you. He gave use the commandment of love. When he died, the veil of the temple was torn in 2, ending the levitical (Aaron's) priesthood for ever. He became our high priest and every believer in Christ is now a priest. We can all now directly offer unto God sacrifices of praise, a sweet smelling sacrifice from a holy race. We come boldly unto the throne of grace and like the priests, we can obtain mercy because of the eternal blood that was shed. A once for all sacrifice. we now live continually in His presence. This is the gospel of our salvation. Halleluiah!

Saved by grace thru faith. Not of ourselves. It is the gif of God. Not of worls, lest any man should boast. To say that God blesses you because of what you have done is to return to the law. And the problem of the law is, if you err in one, you err in all!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2012
Yes there will always be the poor among us. This is true.
However, everything done in this age of Christ must be done through leading of the Spirit.
What you are led to do then do it. The money belongs to God.

Usually I would give my tithe to the church.
But how is it, that you happen to step into church one early morning when nobody is there(not even on a sunday) and you see a brother or sister (who even diligently serves in the church on top) crying their heart out to God over an urgent/dire situation that can be solved with the money you have kept to give next Sunday as tithe...and I mean EXACT amount(and you have nothing else). How will you turn around and do your default thing instead of allowing yourself to be a special answer from God to this person's prayer, especially when you know the church you both are at currently have no intentions/capabilities/whatever of helping members in these situations (even though if you read the NEW TESTAMENT, this was one of the fundamental features of any church)? This is not a person who begs constantly. This is a person whose circumstances have created a need.

This wouldn't be your typical "alms giving" (as someone mentioned here), this is something much more different.
There is a great difference between giving your whole tithe to a random beggar on the street (who would likely go and use it for beer or drugs. For those folk I give to charity) and the real situation I just described in the previous paragraph.

Though I am not perfect, I know that everything you do should be done in such a way that it gives your Spirit peace.
Whichever path your spirit finds more peace in, that is the path right for you at that time.

A lot of us these days follow the religious Pharisee route of sticking to the letter for the letter's sake and not the spirit behind the letter. What did Jesus tell them when they were querying him for healing that man on the Sabbath? They were more than content to let that man continue suffering without pity than to see him healed on a sabbath.
I feel as Christians, we really need to CONNECT to how Jesus lived His life on this earth and the decisions He made through the simple act of understanding the purpose of a thing and prioritizing accordingly, and most importantly, doing as LED per time.

Nothing is static with the Holy Spirit. The bible mentions that such a person is like the wind.
Drawn to do this one day and another time drawn to do another thing.

Love trumps all.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by tpia5: 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
But how is it, that you happen to step into church one early morning when nobody is there(not even on a sunday) and you see a brother or sister (who even diligently serves in the church on top) crying their heart out to God over an urgent/dire situation that can be solved with the money you have kept to give next Sunday as tithe...and I mean EXACT amount(and you have nothing else).

if you find yourself in such a situation, that means the person must have been monitoring you.

either bring up the issue before the church committee in charge of welfare and/or help the person with money from your personal pocket, separate from your tithe.

this stuff isnt that hard to figure out- no need for all the twisting and such.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by tpia5: 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
the money you were intending to use for a new car, pair of jeans, girlfriend, etc, can also be used to help the poor.

the price of two bottles of odeku (beer) can feed someone.

you and your girlfriend/s can donate the funds meant for brazilian hair and blackberry, as well as buying nollywood movies to add to the thousands of titles you already have, can also be given to the poor.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
tpia@:

if you find yourself in such a situation, that means the person must have been monitoring you.

either bring up the issue before the church committee in charge of welfare and/or help the person with money from your personal pocket, separate from your tithe.

this stuff isnt that hard to figure out- no need for all the twisting and such.

LOL @ monitoring. So someone can precog-monitor You to happen to be there when you never planned on happening to be at church that morning for whatever inconsistent reason?
And if your church has no welfare? And do not intend on it?

You don't know hard it can be for someone in this part of the world having no credit and unable to borrow from other sources.
They can only turn to God. At that point in time, it becomes up to whoever answers the call.

But know this, there has never been a time such calls in the Spirit have been made, and I having answered them, was not met with a stupendous burst of blessing in my life thereafter.
The next month, I simply resume paying tithe to the building, but the special project has been done and the blessings attained.

I will leave the matter at that and continue to do what works for me.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
tpia@:
the money you were intending to use for a new car, pair of jeans, girlfriend, etc, can also be used to help the poor.

the price of two bottles of odeku (beer) can feed someone.

you and your girlfriend/s can donate the funds meant for brazilian hair and blackberry, as well as buying nollywood movies to add to the thousands of titles you already have, can also be given to the poor.

LOL now I think you're just being bitter.

I'll stop now for the sake of preventing derailment.
But those who want to can meditate on what I have written here.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Joagbaje(m): 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2012
thelastPope:

Congratulations! You just created the foundation for anybody to do what they like. From your position above, anyone can form their own doctrine and claim its a spiritual principle and claim that it works for them. There's a reason Rev 22 says you should not add or subtract from God's Word. Because of the kind of thing you just did.

The written word is the logos of God. It is the only guidaince for every believer in Christ. If you do anything and claim you are walking in some kind of spiritual principle that only you can verify and authenticate, then you are way into error and spreading some doctrine of devils. Anything outside the instruction of God's Word is a lie! You cannot write your own bible and you cannot create your own rules in the kingdom of God. You follow what has been handed over to us. All scripture is given by the inspiration of God. You are way out of line there!

You're the one adding to scriptures here. God never said tithe is obsolete you are the one saying so. The abolishment of the law has nothing to do with tithe because it didnt originate in the law. It pre-existed the law.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by tpia5: 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2012
2buff:

LOL now I think you're just being bitter.

I'll stop now for the sake of preventing derailment.
But those who want to can meditate on what I have written here.

so the thought of giving up two bottles of your daily load of beer,and using the money to help the poor instead, is so scary to you?

or is it the thought of your girlfriend/s reaction if you dont supply them the funds for blackberry, recharge cards or brazilian hair, that you find so disturbing?

na wa o. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by tpia5: 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
2buff:

LOL @ monitoring. So someone can precog-monitor You to happen to be there when you never planned on happening to be at church that morning for whatever inconsistent reason?

yes, as you well know.

And if your church has no welfare? And do not intend on it?

start one.

You don't know hard it can be for someone in this part of the world having no credit and unable to borrow from other sources.
They can only turn to God. At that point in time, it becomes up to whoever answers the call.

you can answer the call with other pocket money you have besides tithe.

or is your own tithe 200% of your income?

eg instead of buying the latest bling bling or some other frivolity, give the cash to the person in need.

But know this, there has never been a time such calls in the Spirit have been made, and I having answered them, was not met with a stupendous burst of blessing in my life thereafter.
The next month, I simply resume paying tithe to the building, but the special project has been done and the blessings attained.

I will leave the matter at that and continue to do what works for me.

translate, thanks.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Boomark(m): 5:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
Joagbaje:

God never stopped tithes . Or offerings . He may not accept blood sacrifice because Jesus blood had covered all. But the principle of offerings is still there. You can't have true worship without offerings and sacrifice . The spiritual principles of God are eternal .

You can't say because Jesus had prayed for us or interceding for us so we should never pray again. Hope you get my point

Please read your bibles and not where the "MOG" INSTRUCT you to read.

God be

How about the principle of tithing? Since we now have a Highpriest(Jesus) and we all are a nation of priesthood(1peter2:5).

Most of you have been avoiding to mention our Highpriest.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by tpia5: 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
my posts here are assuming the context is a bible based church.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2012
tpia@:

yes, as you well know.

start one.

you can answer the call with money you have besides tithe.

or is your own tithe 200% of your income?

eg instead of buying the latest bling bling or some other frivolity, give the cash to the person in need.

translate, thanks.

I don't "well know". It just sounds to me like you find it difficult to love.
I take it you would also suspect that the man crawling to you with a bleeding bullet wound in his leg is just using it as a ruse to r@pe you as soon as you approach him to help. On that matter of yours, I have nothing to say but "seek spiritual help" lol. cheesy

I was actually jobless during that period. My budget was already tight until I found new work.
All I had to give any soul was what I had for tithe from my very last paycheck. I did as led, and I have been happy with the results of my actions since then.

My reward is my own smiley

cheers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Prophetic Picture Of The 2016 By D.K OLUKOYA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.