Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users (44736 Views)

Android 6.0 Marshmallow Allows In-app Text Translate For Users / Browse On Your Blackberry Phone. Without Bis / Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 17, 2012
Whats this beaf about BB about ? Having used all sorts of phones that the world provides, flagship phones from every phone company. BB has the cheapest data package in the whole world. I can't forget how my Samsung Galaxy series zaps my phone bills, I am on postpaid packages and I realized that over 30k Naira airtime is dissipated per month each time I slot my sim into my Galaxy Tab, I removed the sim and inserted in my Galaxy Note, same shit happened, I got upset and put both gadgets aside, Even the iPhone is an enclosed platform, it has to be software from apple store or nothing, the iPad is same shit, I cant stand being controlled by techy company. BB provides a compressed data package with just 1500 on Etisalat or even 3000 on MTN you have nothing to worry about. You can browse the world, download the Devil, and surf the heavens for another 1 month. BB is the best thing to happen to a wifi-less country like Nigeria and any other country with little or no wifi penetration. Americans are hypocrites, since RIM is a Canadian company, they can do everything possible to kill the reputation while promoting their apple products, and it works, cos many American wannabes take every information from USA as a Bible story, its a shame that a lot of people dont have the minds of their own.

9 Likes

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by kpolli(m): 12:05am On Oct 17, 2012
naijathings: [size=18pt]very slow piece of sheit phone.
slow internet,
lack of innovation and creativity, imagine BB porsche has 5mp camera after all the hype.
bold 2 and bold 4 no difference,
u have to be on 3,000 plan in order to add more than one email on ur BB.
i got so bored with my BBbold 5 that i had to start designing the back cover.
then i got tired.
iPhone is the bomb, Samsung is the shizzle.
I think the BB was made to bury the blacks.. Black Bury.[/size]

Slow internet ke . . . Now I don't bliv anything u listed above
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by cikadile: 12:07am On Oct 17, 2012
Akainzo:

Since the US President had to have a special BlackBerry made for him, does that qualify him as suffering from bandwagon mentality too? Sorry since the US, UK, Israel, Russia, Iran, Australian governments all use Blackberries we can say they are fucktards too and suffer from low self esteem. SMH.

well, he is updated about Nicki Minaj
some bandwagon- ism there
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by mflexy8(m): 12:11am On Oct 17, 2012
Akainzo:

Since the US President had to have a special BlackBerry made for him, does that qualify him as suffering from bandwagon mentality too? Sorry since the US, UK, Israel, Russia, Iran, Australian governments all use Blackberries we can say they are fucktards too and suffer from low self esteem. SMH.
These people u listed used it cos then Bb was the only company offering end2end encryption. Same reason they were banned by the Saudis n Indians. Since then others have caught up. Take a look at the kinda security offering on wp8 or ios6 n reaccess the wisdom of Ur post. Actually I SMH for u. BTW my post clearly mentioned Naija pips. Can't you read? The world is bigger than a few digits called pin, ok. Go out... read n explore.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 17, 2012
mflexy8:
These people u listed used it cos then Bb was the only company offering end2end encryption. Same reason they were banned by the Saudis n Indians. Since then others have caught up. Take a look at the kinda security offering on wp8 or ios6 n reaccess the wisdom of Ur post. Actually I SMH for u. BTW my post clearly mentioned Naija pips. Can't you read? The world is bigger than a few digits called pin, ok. Go out... read n explore.
Why are you so worried about security, are you a 419 ? Nigerians need cheap data package and you talk about irrelevant things.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by chucky234(m): 12:13am On Oct 17, 2012
chyket: Mine is a different story,my blackberry Porsche had a problem in April 2012 and I tried to repair it here in Nigeria but it wasn't possible.My insurance Company GtAssurance now Mansard that insured the phone said the insurance was for theft and not Damage,so I was very upset and I dumped the phone and kept using my Samsung.A friend of mine who lives in the Uk took it to London and tried to repair it but it was not possible so the blackberry outlet in the Uk now told him to apply for a replacement with his credit card details since it was still under warranty and he did.
Two weeks later that was last week Thursday I was given a brand new blackberry Porsche for free and I now have no choice than to keep using it because I feel that I have been treated fairly by blackberry Inc
Happy for you bro,enjoy your BB.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by smartusman: 12:20am On Oct 17, 2012
Na wah o.. See fighting. Bt life was good when black blackberry and apple were just fruit

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by mflexy8(m): 12:25am On Oct 17, 2012
Am not a fraudster please.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by mflexy8(m): 12:25am On Oct 17, 2012
Billyonaire: Why are you so worried about security, are you a 419 ? Nigerians need cheap data package and you talk about irrelevant things.
Any person who surfs the net n isn't bothered about security is a joke. Ever had your virtual I.d hijacked? Do you know Wat one can even do with intercepted emails with sensitive contents. A yahoo boys wet dream. Since u no send security pls UNINSTALL YOUR PCs ANTIVIRUS tongue

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Akainzo(m): 12:36am On Oct 17, 2012
mflexy8:

And the Google director that uses a BB is also because that is the only phone allowed by the company, right?

Tell me about the security on ios 6 when it gets there FIPS certification. And I am sure you know that the world is so much bigger than any i-this or i-that.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 17, 2012
mflexy8:
Any person who surfs the net n isn't bothered about security is a joke. Ever had your virtual I.d hijacked? Do you know Wat one can even do with intercepted emails with sensitive contents. A yahoo boys wet dream. Since u no send security pls UNINSTALL YOUR PCs ANTIVIRUS tongue
I cant remember the last time I used antivirus bro, I am concerned about how much a telephone company takes from my account. I am on PostPaid packages, and I have used Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Note, iPhone and iPad. I lose money using them to browse cos they are b/u/l/l/s/h/i/t, I dont know what they do to take people's money anyhow. Spending 30,000 naira per month on data alone is not a joke, God bless RIM's BlackBerry, I spend just 1500 on my Bold 5's Etisalat, basically for ladies and informal friends and just 3000 for Porsche's MTN, strictly business. That is what matters to me, if you can tell me why I should continue using iPhone and the Galaxies convincingly, I will dust them off and start using them, if not, their place is in the drawer. QED
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by eddy2cute1(m): 12:38am On Oct 17, 2012
wooo iphone ipad is the best jare
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Ayomax(m): 12:42am On Oct 17, 2012
Billyonaire: I cant do without a BlackBerry!. The fvcking iPhone I got is gathering dust and the fvcking Galaxy Note's battery dies too quick. I got them all, but my BBM ? nothing like it.
i knew u were going to say something stupi.d n dumb,wel im nt suprise. A mp3 is beta dan ur bb witout subscriptn. Wont blame its ur 5yrz old cousin tht helping u to operate ur phn while its only bbm u sabi operate. Android or iphn are 2 advance 4 ur brain tht y u bliv bbm is da end of da world.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 17, 2012
Ayomax:
i knew u were going to say something stupi.d n dumb,wel im nt suprise. A mp3 is beta dan ur bb witout subscriptn. Wont blame its ur 5yrz old cousin tht helping u to operate ur phn while its only bbm u sabi operate. Android or iphn are 2 advance 4 ur brain tht y u bliv bbm is da end of da world.
What makes you think I dont have Android phones and iPhone. Do you think I am as poor as you are ? I am one of those people you call Big Men. Give me some respect cos I deserve it.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by mflexy8(m): 12:48am On Oct 17, 2012
Akainzo:

And the Google director that uses a BB is also because that is the only phone allowed by the company, right?

Tell me about the security on ios 6 when it gets there FIPS certification. And I am sure you know that the world is so much bigger than any i-this or i-that.
Pls refer to my first post. I referred to Nigerians. Re all these pips Nigerians or re u just one if those hurt by the article?
@billionaire I dont have any issues with bb. I frankly admire their data compression tech. Am not an I-sh*t sales person. If they convince u fine. I just love getting good value for my buck. And the way I use my gadget, a Bb is very useless for me. Different strokes for different folks. Period.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Akainzo(m): 12:49am On Oct 17, 2012
Ayomax:

Can you share with me what the Android or iPhone can do that the BlackBerry CANNOT do? Abeg, I wan learn!
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Ayomax(m): 12:51am On Oct 17, 2012
Billyonaire: What makes you think I dont have Android phones and iPhone. Do you think I am as poor as you are ? I am one of those people you call Big Men. Give me some respect cos I deserve it.
always makin mouth, tht u hav dis n tht, stupi.d lier. Livin a fake life on da internet n ur poor mama dey village waitin for u to send her money then u cum on NL wit ur fukin fake life.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 17, 2012
Ayomax:
always makin mouth, tht u hav dis n tht, stupi.d lier. Livin a fake life on da internet n ur poor mama dey village waitin for u to send her money then u cum on NL wit ur fukin fake life.
Dont always use your poverty to assume other people are like you little man. Without BB, the ALUU incident would have gone unpunished. You are daft, little rabbit. Go and exchange words with your Okada comrades.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Akainzo(m): 12:56am On Oct 17, 2012
mflexy8:
Pls refer to my first post. I referred to Nigerians. Re all these pips Nigerians or re u just one if those hurt by the article?
@billionaire I dont have any issues with bb. I frankly admire their data compression tech. Am not an I-sh*t sales person. If they convince u fine. I just love getting good value for my buck. And the way I use my gadget, a Bb is very useless for me. Different strokes for different folks. Period.

Go and read that your post again and then relate it to your second that was a reply to mine, then come back and start narrowing down only to Nigerians.

Yes, I dislike the article for peddling falsehood, for being a jaundiced piece of trash and of no worth at all. I however, take more exception to people who generalized statements and make them seem authentic.

If you accept that different strokes for different folks, why them talk about "Nigerians" as if Nigerians should all have the same belief like you about a phone platform?
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Ayomax(m): 12:58am On Oct 17, 2012
Akainzo:

Can you share with me what the Android or iPhone can do that the BlackBerry CANNOT do? Abeg, I wan learn!
alot!!! Frm HD games to sharing(tethering n portable hotspot) of wifi to 9 enable wifi device, radio, best applicatn in da world, android mkt is da best (unlimitd softwares to download), faster browser, beta bat3 lyf, beta procesor, it does nt hang or always removin ur batry to reset, it dos nt boot like pc unlyk bb, best camera around, best map e.t.c da list is endles
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Ayomax(m): 1:03am On Oct 17, 2012
Billyonaire: Dont always use your poverty to assume other people are like you little man. Without BB, the ALUU incident would have gone unpunished. You are daft, little rabbit. Go and exchange words with your Okada comrades.
so u are dis fo.olish? So it was bb tht made aluu incident known to da world. I reserve my comment. Cant stp laughing at dis big fooli.sh old man, u beta go n help ur mum in ur village.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by mflexy8(m): 1:04am On Oct 17, 2012
Akainzo:

Go and read that your post again and then relate it to your second that was a reply to mine, then come back and start narrowing down only to Nigerians.

Yes, I dislike the article for peddling falsehood, for being a jaundiced piece of trash and of no worth at all. I however, take more exception to people who generalized statements and make them seem authentic.

If you accept that different strokes for different folks, why them talk about "Nigerians" as if Nigerians should all have the same belief like you about a phone platform?
Now I know how much beating Ur ego took cos of the article. Truth hurts, get over it. Still go back n read my 1st post, then u chill n THINK before making another senseless comment. This is not bbm. Kai.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Akainzo(m): 1:13am On Oct 17, 2012
Ayomax:
alot!!! Frm HD games to sharing(tethering n portable hotspot) of wifi to 9 enable wifi device, radio, best applicatn in da world, android mkt is da best (unlimitd softwares to download), faster browser, beta bat3 lyf, beta procesor, it does nt hang or always removin ur batry to reset, it dos nt boot like pc unlyk bb, best camera around, best map e.t.c da list is endles

You my friend need to gather knowledge. Wifi tethering is on BB. "Best" application is a user definition, what is "best" for you is not necessarily "best" for me. Apple has appetite, Android has PlayStore and BlackBerry has AppWorld, all are content stores.
Better battery life? Set your iPhone 4 to pick emails by Push and iMessgae continuously and see if the battery last beyond 5 hours. BB users are almost always pinging while your iPhone/Android is almost always in your pockets. Try doing the continuous stuff like the BB and see the battery life. Usage for usage, the BB has better battery life.

Yeah the iPhone/android does. Hang, but that is simply because it does one thing at a time. Can you compare the multitasking of the BB to either of iPhone or android?

Should we then say the Nokia with the 20MP camera is the best phone in the world seeing as it has the highest mp camera?

So in essence, you are talking relative not that it cannot do those things.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by KazaaUpload: 1:13am On Oct 17, 2012
dowjones: the replies on this thread can only prove that Nigeria is 3rd world. See blackberry supporters.

I plan starting a business soon and I've told my future partners they must have Androids and Iphones. only a stack illiterate will call blackberry when productive Iphone and Android users are talking.

Bros I can't agree with you more than you've put it. I went to the blackberry app world last week and it was like entering a time warp back to 2008. There are apps to smoothly run a business from your iPhone and the scary things is, most people only use 20% of its power. Same applies to Android phones also.
Bb sales are less than 5% in the US; I know that in the UK it can't be much more also. Basically peop,e stop using them for a reason. The only people still using them tend to be newly arrived foreigner s who can't get credit and want a basic cheap phone, or business people cos their companies give them out free as work phone (but they still all have their own personal phone).
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by mflexy8(m): 1:14am On Oct 17, 2012
Bb IS DYING. HOW WILL U KNOW WHEN U USE UR TIME TO REPLY CHATS N CHECK UP CHICKS ON SOCIAL PLATFORMS. READ BIZ MAGS N FOLLOW THE STOCKS. FYI BUYING LONDON USED ADDS NOTHING TO THE POCKET IF RIM. [/font] [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Akainzo(m): 1:15am On Oct 17, 2012
mflexy8:
Now I know how much beating Ur ego took cos of the article. Truth hurts, get over it. Still go back n read my 1st post, then u chill n THINK before making another senseless comment. This is not bbm. Kai.

As it is, you are indeed a dimwit, apologies for thinking otherwise. I'd note your intelligence level next time.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Akainzo(m): 1:20am On Oct 17, 2012
KazaaUpload:

Bros I can't agree with you more than you've put it. I went to the blackberry app world last week and it was like entering a time warp back to 2008. There are apps to smoothly run a business from your iPhone and the scary things is, most people only use 20% of its power. Same applies to Android phones also.
Bb sales are less than 5% in the US; I know that in the UK it can't be much more also. Basically peop,e stop using them for a reason. The only people still using them tend to be newly arrived foreigner s who can't get credit and want a basic cheap phone, or business people cos their companies give them out free as work phone (but they still all have their own personal phone).

As mentioned earlier, the Director of Google Inc, that uses a BlackBerry, is it because that it is the phone that Google issued him or because he does not know technology or he is so poor that he needs a cheap phone?

You might also want to Google the No 1 smartphone in the UK for 2010 and 2011.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Ayomax(m): 1:25am On Oct 17, 2012
Akainzo:

You my friend need to gather knowledge. Wifi tethering is on BB. "Best" application is a user definition, what is "best" for you is not necessarily "best" for me. Apple has appetite, Android has PlayStore and BlackBerry has AppWorld, all are content stores.
Better battery life? Set your iPhone 4 to pick emails by Push and iMessgae continuously and see if the battery last beyond 5 hours. BB users are almost always pinging while your iPhone/Android is almost always in your pockets. Try doing the continuous stuff like the BB and see the battery life. Usage for usage, the BB has better battery life.

Yeah the iPhone/android does. Hang, but that is simply because it does one thing at a time. Can you compare the multitasking of the BB to either of iPhone or android?

Should we then say the Nokia with the 20MP camera is the best phone in the world seeing as it has the highest mp camera?

So in essence, you are talking relative not that it cannot do those things.
u totaly wrong my frnd, wifi hotspot for bb just came out for new phns like bold7,da one u can find on bb app world can only share wifi to just 1 device unlyk android tht can share to 9 devices, multitasking functn tht where iphn n android hav da edge ova bb, i do open 7 diff applicatn at a time witout any prob,try openin just 4app wit bb mayb it wont hang, who told u android dnt ping alot, when i have whtapp n twoo applicatn,more ova u cant find iphn or android user displayin da phn for fashion like naija girls(wil cary hand bag n yet refuse to kip her bb insyd but prefer to hold it on her left hand so da world can knw she is rockin bb) painful part subscriptn no dey insyd. Try playin any HD game of ur bb maybe ur bb wont blow up, just admite it bb is useles witout subscriptn. U cant even enjoy radio lagos tiwatiwa when u dnt hav subscriptn on ur bb.lol

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by mflexy8(m): 1:26am On Oct 17, 2012
[quote author=Akainzo]

As mentioned earlier, the Director of Google Inc, that uses a BlackBerry, is it because that it is the phone that Google issued him or because he does not know technology or he is so poor that he needs a cheap phone?

You might also want to Google the No 1 smartphone in the UK for 2010 and 2011.[/quote
stop this Ur Google director talk. Give us his name n portfolio. Google is our friend. Sounds like a groundnut sellers gist joor.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by mflexy8(m): 1:35am On Oct 17, 2012
Akainzo:

As it is, you are indeed a dimwit, apologies for thinking otherwise. I'd note your intelligence level next time.

U talk like one weaned with wild goat milk. Keep operating on the frequency of DAFTS. Anyone sensible will go researching on Wat he read. U just dey spill f*cktards anyhow, wasting bandwidth. Ur stupidity is part of why RIM is falling. Hear! Hear! Rim is disappointed that a slow poke like u can operate their smart phone. Bb will be Ur highest achievement if u continue Like this.
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Akainzo(m): 1:39am On Oct 17, 2012
mflexy8:
Stop this Ur Google director talk. Give us his name n portfolio. Google is our friend. Sounds like a groundnut sellers gist joor.

The guy's name is Eric Schmidt

Apple board member: http://www.cellphonetrek.net/apple-representatives-spotted-using-blackberry.html
Re: Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users by Nobody: 1:40am On Oct 17, 2012
lol@ Billyonaire. This guy thinks he has it all figured out but doesn't know he's revealing himself bit by bit grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dear Customer You Are Not Allowed To Call This Number / Amazing Photos I Took With My Phone / How Do I Push Etisalat Browsing Settings To My Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.