Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,179 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War (6921 Views)

Breaking News!!! 2 Dead As Rivers Indigenes And Pro Biafra Igbos Clash / Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. / Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by cfours: 5:45am On Oct 17, 2012
Chyz*:

The only thing eastern nigeria declared was independence not war. by the way im not from the eastern region so shut ur mouth. And pls, lets not talk about crying a river because your Yoruba leaders have have been in dipers and sucking their thumbs for the past couple weeks now because of one man. Pathetic.

shatapp. independence by force. you lost it. lick your wound.

we will continue to whoop you and your dirty mouths all over nairaland. No pity party for you. create a biafraland website and go gather over there for that.
foolish non-entity.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by ektbear: 5:45am On Oct 17, 2012
c.fours:

na fear dey catch them.
Yorubas are really gentle people and so they feel it's ok for them to wipe spit on our faces and we will stay mute. lol
let them try it with the north. they know exactly what they will get grin

those trouble makers.
trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am. that is the life story of the igbo people. lolwhat ever rocks their boat sha. they seem to enjoy it.

Pretty much.

They are smart enough not to talk crap to the north, because they know what will happen if they do

It is unfortunate that we are so kind and tolerant
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by ektbear: 5:47am On Oct 17, 2012
The ones that Soyinka implies genocided them, they are quiet as a church mouse around grin

na wa for these Cryafrans

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 17, 2012
I love this discourse, Why was TV ever invented sef?? This is fun to watch!!
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by ektbear: 5:51am On Oct 17, 2012
Shollypopz: I love this discourse, Why was TV ever invented sef?? This is fun to watch!!

I ain't got no TV ma'am...nairaland and the internet more generally plus netflix are sufficient for me cheesy
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by cfours: 5:53am On Oct 17, 2012
ekt_bear:

I ain't got no TV ma'am...nairaland and the internet more generally plus netflix are sufficient for me cheesy

hahah me neither. I've been offered a TV for the second time this year and turned it down. it's a waste of brain cells. this topic too of course but... tongue
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 17, 2012
If there was genocide before the war, you then imagined what happened during the war proper!

This is common sense.
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by polokor60(m): 7:58am On Oct 17, 2012
shymexx:

^^^^He was talking about what happened BEFORE the war, THE POGROMS, not what happened during the war...

Why do you guys like quoting people out of context to suit your stupidity? Don't drag him into this nonsense...

Learn how to read BASIC English next time, OP... undecided
who imprisoned wole soyinka during the time of the civil war and why was soyinka imprisioned?
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 17, 2012
It is very unfortunate that some persons see NOTHING wrong with the massacre of over 50,000 easterners during the pogrom and another 2million during the civil war proper. All we see is HEARTLESS justification of EVIL. This is very very UNFORTUNATE. No regrets, No apologies. Who then is surprised that Nigeria has remained a KILLING FIELD since then. What goes around, comes around. The Igbos have since moved on BUT evil doers and justifiers of EVIL will be rewarded in due time. It is not an accident that Gowon's home state is now a place of INTRACTABLE ethnic cleansing.
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 17, 2012
You will never see this in front page, EWU Moderators, Bigoted a$$holes

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by nuclearboy(m): 8:37am On Oct 17, 2012
re@lchange:

show me one yoruba in nairaland that condemns the pogroms
even your top posters here like katsumoto and the like justify it

Dude: I condemned and still condemn the pogroms and unlike most of the youngsters here, was around during the civil war though as a child! But a few things have always made this issue a 2-way blame game for me

1. How come all Biafra soldiers look well fed while d children starved? What manner of man eats leaving his child to starve?

2. Why did the war only start 10 months after the northern riots? Why only then and not spontaneously or even anytime before Gowon decided to split the country into 10 states? Why was that the "key" that started the war? Didn't Col Ojukwu know his people were being killed until Gowon decided to lessen his powers? And if any of the Igbos reading this was NOT Igbo, would he not wonder at the timing coincidence?

3. When food was offered and effectively rejected because your general insisted on being paid by such as the Red-Cross, which was more important to him? Cash to buy weapons to kill more people OR the lives of the youbg children his decisions sent to an early painful undeserved death?

4. Igbos are mostly Christians - what did Jesus say about counting costs before starting to build a house?

I feel very sad about the death of millions who were mostly innocents but this debate is asinine in trying to pin ALL the blame on your perceived enemies! Truth is your planning was shoddy, the motives suspect and selfish, the propaganda hurtful to your own people and the timing totally wrong!

What we should be doing now is trying to align so we can build a proper future not this rubbish!

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by ichidodo: 11:56am On Oct 17, 2012
Eko Ile:

You just got sucked into ibo mind bending game. I don't even know why you guys take these clowns seriously. I don't get into any serious debate with them, I just clown and make fun of them. These are people with serious case of low self esteem and insecurity. just look at what the post and the mundane nonsense they get obsessed with. They are eternally messed up mentally. What's the difference between ashebe and the ones on NL? Nothing, the mentality is the same.
AWO-OLE IS A F**KIN CLOWN.
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by EkoIle1: 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2012
Chyz*:

You've only seen one quote from the book so how did you come to that conclusion? I guess it seems that way because you leaders,instead of being objective like the northerners and Igbos, came out ranting up and down, left and right, with points.

What's the rest of the book got to do with what he said about Awolowo and Yoruba people in the paragraphs we've read? Are you saying he took those back later in the book by saying he really didn't mean what he said about Awolowo and Yoruba people? In fact, is the rest of the book going to change what he said about Awolowo and Yoruba people?

Another goofy and upside down ibo logic...
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by Chyz2: 2:06pm On Oct 17, 2012
Eko Ile:

What's the rest of the book got to do with what he said about Awolowo and Yoruba people in the paragraphs we've read? Are you saying he took those back later in the book by saying he really didn't mean what he said about Awolowo and Yoruba people? In fact, is the rest of the book going to change what he said about Awolowo and Yoruba people?

Another goofy and upside down ibo logic...

I never said i cared about what he said about awolowo, so what? What exactly did he say about Yoruba again? Stop crying. One man is bringing all of you to your knees. You all are only making it worse on yourselves by hightening the polity.
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by EkoIle1: 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
Chyz*:

I never said i cared about what he said about awolowo
, so what? What exactly did he say about Yoruba again? Stop crying. One man is bringing all of you to your knees. You all are only making it worse on yourselves by hightening the polity.

Ode son of disgruntled, zero nobel winning hate filled ashebe the failure... Who is still crying and moaning over decades old issues that the rest of the wold have gotten over and moved away from?

Is this not the same crying and moaning you losers do on NL everyday? How is this easy on you clowns? By crying and bitching in our hears everyday like some annoying pest because you losers got your arse whooped and your village rebel leader denied you food and dumped you clowns like a plague?

Abeg shut your akpu mouth ....
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by Chyz2: 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2012
Eko Ile:

Ode son of disgruntled, zero nobel winning hate filled ashebe the failure... Who is still crying and moaning over decades old issues that the rest of the wold have gotten over and moved away from?

Is this not the same crying and moaning you losers do on NL everyday? How is this easy on you clowns? By crying and bitching in our hears everyday like some annoying pest because you losers got your arse whooped and your village rebel leader denied you food and dumped you clowns like a plague?

Abeg shut your akpu mouth ....

And you've said absolutely nothing after all that ranting. Yawns. Typical Yoruba. Lack objectivity.
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by EkoIle1: 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2012
Chyz*:

And you've said absolutely nothing after all that ranting. Yawns. Typical Yoruba. Lack objectivity.

Ode son of disgruntled, zero nobel winning hate filled ashebe the failure...I thought I told you to shut your akpu mouth?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by Chyz2: 4:17pm On Oct 17, 2012
Eko Ile:

Ode son of disgruntled, zero nobel winning hate filled ashebe the failure...I thought I told you to shut your akpu mouth?

Yawns. Next.
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by Katsumoto: 5:51pm On Oct 17, 2012
re@lchange:

show me one yoruba in nairaland that condemns the pogroms
even your top posters here like katsumoto and the like justify it

Why are you using my name to make a silly point?

It would be honorable of you to find a post where I justified the pogroms.

It would also be honorable, on your part, to apologize if you can't find such a post.
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by EkoIle1: 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
Chyz*:

Yawns. Next.

Meager vocabulary? lmao
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by ektbear: 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2012
nuclearboy:

Dude: I condemned and still condemn the pogroms and unlike most of the youngsters here, was around during the civil war though as a child! But a few things have always made this issue a 2-way blame game for me

1. How come all Biafra soldiers look well fed while d children starved? What manner of man eats leaving his child to starve?

2. Why did the war only start 10 months after the northern riots? Why only then and not spontaneously or even anytime before Gowon decided to split the country into 10 states? Why was that the "key" that started the war? Didn't Col Ojukwu know his people were being killed until Gowon decided to lessen his powers? And if any of the Igbos reading this was NOT Igbo, would he not wonder at the timing coincidence?

3. When food was offered and effectively rejected because your general insisted on being paid by such as the Red-Cross, which was more important to him? Cash to buy weapons to kill more people OR the lives of the youbg children his decisions sent to an early painful undeserved death?

4. Igbos are mostly Christians - what did Jesus say about counting costs before starting to build a house?

I feel very sad about the death of millions who were mostly innocents but this debate is asinine in trying to pin ALL the blame on your perceived enemies! Truth is your planning was shoddy, the motives suspect and selfish, the propaganda hurtful to your own people and the timing totally wrong!

What we should be doing now is trying to align so we can build a proper future not this rubbish!

Excellent questions.
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by cfours: 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2012
nuclearboy:

You spoke the truth.
love your points. but these igbos here, with their self-righteous oral diarrhea, will forever remain in denial.
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by dayokanu(m): 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2012
Has any Igbo provided answers on why other regional leaders were killed and theirs escaped?
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by Dede1(m): 11:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
nuclearboy:

Honestly, I say your questions sounded idiotic and smacked of illiteracy. Each and every single question in your post lacks the simple basic logic or intellect. I do not know how many Biafran soldiers registered in your wealth of knowledge to give you the audacious pedigree to formulate such question.

I guess you are the only walking dead who never heard about Aburi, Ghana and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia peace missions. From your postulations on the ongoing discussion, it is safe to say you are a lazy scholar because it is the only fathomable reason a human being could conjure such unintelligible questions. Eastern Regional Consultative Assembly met in Enugu on May 27, 1967 and issued resolution mandating Ojukwu to declare Eastern Region of Nigeria a free sovereign and independent state by the name Republic of Biafra. Gowon, after hearing the news of mandate on the wire, declared state of emergency in Nigeria and announced the mainstay of Decree No. 14 of 1967.

If you really have an atom of brain, you would have realized it is not wise to accept foods from any of your enemies especially the ones that wanted you annihilated.

Ndigbo and Biafra did not attack Nigeria but only expressed the need to live separately from the rest of Nigeria in an acreage they can patriotically call home. It is definitely foolhardy for goofy ninny who conjured the above irrelevant questions to refer to Nigeria as rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by dayokanu(m): 11:11pm On Oct 17, 2012
^^ Dendemoron,

Are you ready to give your own version of why other regional leaders were killed and Igbo leaders all escaped?
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by Dede1(m): 11:18pm On Oct 17, 2012
dayokanu: ^^ Dendemoron,

Are you ready to give your own version of why other regional leaders were killed and Igbo leaders all escaped?

Dayolodo

...until you learn how to read and comprehend properly.
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by cfours: 10:34pm On Oct 18, 2012

GBAM! you summed up the biafran war succinctly.
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by T9ksy(m): 12:00am On Oct 19, 2012
dayokanu: ^^ Dendemoron,

Dede1:

Dayolodo

...until you learn how to read and comprehend properly.

The above is ibo's way of saying, "I can't answer your question"!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by dayokanu(m): 12:56am On Oct 19, 2012
T9ksy: The above is ibo's way of saying, "I can't answer your question"!

I am waiting for any Igbo who would be able to answer the question
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by huptin(m): 8:19pm On May 10, 2013
I still maintain that nigeria vs biafra was a war of blame. I still cannot see the logic in forcing people to stay in a union. Even if its true that the biafrans were marching towards lagos, the yoruba should have stopped attacking them immediately they were repelled back to their land. I am a full blooded yoruba man and not all yorubas are happy with the genocide perpetrated against the igbos. In any case let bygone be bygone and lets move forward.
Re: Soyinka Breaks Silence: BIAFRA (igbos) SUFFERED GENOCIDE During Civil War by EzeCanada: 8:47pm On May 10, 2013
dayokanu:

I am waiting for any Igbo who would be able to answer the question

Mr. Anonymous,
NdiIgbo are sophisticated enough to know that the best response to a fool is silence – Hence the silence.

I am fully aware of your antics and intentions because you are a product of the concoction called "Nigeria" but for a benefit of doubt, I will answer your question with a scenario and assumptions:

Let’s say you are an Hausa man with two wives – one Igbo, the other Yoruba and an unidentified band of robbers stormed your home this faithful evening you were away from home…
The robbers beat up your children rapes your Igbo wife while your Yoruba wife watches in awe but is left untouched. The robbers carted away with your luxury while conversing in Yoruba language in the process.
You arrived at the scene and everything that happened was narrated to you. Understandably you got so infuriated and decided to go on a killing spree of every Yoruba man as well as raping every other Yoruba woman you meet on your way until you've completely destroyed the entire Yoruba community.

On proper reflection,would you consider your action justified or morally correct?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apc Politician Caught On Tape Performing Rituals..... / Gov. Ugwuanyi Appoints Sas On Students, Youth Affairs / Alleged Fraud: I Was Not Invited By EFCC- Ex Women Affairs Minister, Tallen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.